PDA

View Full Version : New Gifts to give neighbors...for what?

strawberry1974
02-29-12, 07:56 PM
Just went to gift my neighbors and had the choice to give them either a dragon scale or a dragon tooth...can't figure out what they are for. Anyone have any idea so I can decide whether to gift it?

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 07:59 PM
:confused:In bakery story?

nmishii
02-29-12, 07:59 PM
This is for bakery story?

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 08:02 PM
:confused:Wow...just checked and yes, for bakery
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/3656b912.jpg

Mkay86
02-29-12, 08:03 PM
Yep i'm guessing a new constructible.

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:05 PM
Oh god, I knew it. We have a bajillion parts just like in City and instead of using those, they are making us go slower by having to request all new parts. :rolleyes:

And YAY to yet another one-hit wonder constructable coming our way. :rolleyes:

Hey TL, what about giving us something that at least uses nozzles? :p

nmishii
02-29-12, 08:06 PM
This is ****ing me. I want my phone back!!!

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:07 PM
This is ****ing me. I want my phone back!!!

Go out and buy an iPad nmishii, you know you want to! :)

otakuAera
02-29-12, 08:07 PM
Got a Dragon Tooth as a gift.

Saw it and thought, "What is this nonsense. What is a dragon tooth doing in a bakery game."

... An explanation would be nice. Not that I want it immediately, but at some point in time, I would like to know why this appeared.

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 08:11 PM

I endorse this suggestion :D you know you really really want to get an ipad :p

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:11 PM
We'll find out with the update, that is what happened last week for us City Story players. We got 2 new supplies on Wednesday AM and on Thursday we go the Voodoo shop which required ONLY those 2 new parts. :rolleyes:

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 08:12 PM
Got a Dragon Tooth as a gift.

Saw it and thought, "What is this nonsense. What is a dragon tooth doing in a bakery game."

... An explanation would be nice. Not that I want it immediately, but at some point in time, I would like to know why this appeared.
Lol...i just sent out a dragon tooth to all my neighbours :)

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:16 PM
LMAO, I sent the scale, but half my neighbors have full gifts as it is. If I'm up at 3a, I'll send the tooth. :p

catgirl477
02-29-12, 08:22 PM
In thinking this is for a goal, or hopefully a new feature. wil have to wait and see tomorrow....

GO PURPLE CATS!
Not accepting new neighbors at the time, sorry guys;(
need to contact me for any reason? Send me a PM pretty please!

nmishii
02-29-12, 08:29 PM

I was actually looking at the iPad3 on the internet today while talking on the phone with someone who has an iPad2 and wants the iPad3. They come out March 7. But no, I'm away from wifi most of the time so it wouldn't work for me..

I'll hold out for my Android phone. Will be well worth the wait. :D

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:29 PM
In thinking this is for a goal, or hopefully a new feature. wil have to wait and see tomorrow....

Unless goals are coming to Android as well, I doubt it as my Android Bakery has these gifts and it wouldn't if it was goal related.

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:30 PM
I was actually looking at the iPad3 on the internet today while talking on the phone with someone who has an iPad2 and wants the iPad3. They come out March 7. But no, I'm away from wifi most of the time so it wouldn't work for me..

I'll hold out for my Android phone. Will be well worth the wait. :D

FYI, my iPad 2 has the option of using 3g. *wink wink*

nmishii
02-29-12, 08:31 PM

GO PURPLE CATS!
Not accepting new neighbors at the time, sorry guys;(
need to contact me for any reason? Send me a PM pretty please!

If its for a goal, it shouldn't be available to send to Androids. Unless Androids will get goals tomorrow ... yeah, right.

nmishii
02-29-12, 08:33 PM
FYI, my iPad 2 has the option of using 3g. *wink wink*

Yeah, but you have to pay $15 a month minimum for that.

nmishii
02-29-12, 08:33 PM
If its for a goal, it shouldn't be available to send to Androids. Unless Androids will get goals tomorrow ... yeah, right.

Whoa, not sure why the first two quotes didn't go away.

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:36 PM
LMAO nmishii, tis ok. :p

We also got new material gifts in City, YAY, another new constructable there as well. :rolleyes:

nmishii
02-29-12, 08:40 PM
Anything new materials in Farm or Restaurant?

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 08:43 PM
Nothing in restaurant or farm for me so far.

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:44 PM
Nada for me either. I checked Fashion as well as a precaution and nothing there either. Looks like just City AGAIN this week, and Bakery.

pinkster73
02-29-12, 08:48 PM
Nmishii is NOT getting an iPad so stop the peer pressure!

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 08:51 PM
Nmishii is NOT getting an iPad so stop the peer pressure!

Reverse psychology then? :p
It's ok nmishii, we'll send you dragon teeth and scales so when you get your phone you'll be all set to construct whatever it is that needs to be constructed. :)

queentina3
02-29-12, 08:54 PM
Good luck with that bobbyrae, she's full for tips/gifts already. :p

nmishii
02-29-12, 09:09 PM
Thanks, pinkster. No iPads for us.

And bobbyrae and queentina - thanks for sending me the dragon teeth and scales. I wish I could send you some back.

Post your dragon or whatever is built when it gets built.

pinkster73
02-29-12, 09:24 PM
A dragon oven that cooks stuff in his mouth?

queentina3
02-29-12, 09:25 PM
Ewwww. Now I need to go wash my brain of that image. Thanks pinkster. :(

nmishii
02-29-12, 09:27 PM
Fire-breathing pizza oven

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltgks2on1Q1ql0kos.jpg

pinkster73
02-29-12, 09:29 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking!

nmishii
02-29-12, 09:29 PM
Another one:

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2011/03/pizza-oven-shaped-like-a-fire-breathing-dragon.html

http://slice.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2011/03/20110324-dragon-oven-thumb-500x333-148974.jpg (http://slice.seriouseats.com/assets_c/2011/03/20110324-dragon-oven-148974.html)

queentina3
02-29-12, 09:32 PM
I'm waiting to build whatever it is until someone else has and told us what recipes are on it. If it ends up just like the fireplace oven, I won't bother. :p

b3ar67
02-29-12, 09:34 PM
Unless goals are coming to Android as well, I doubt it as my Android Bakery has these gifts and it wouldn't if it was goal related.

Fellow Android users - the dragon scale and tooth are available to us as well. I just saw them after downloading the latest update (2/28).

b3ar67
02-29-12, 09:36 PM
Looks too much like a turtle, but I like the concept.

mjwwonder
02-29-12, 09:41 PM
I have an android and just received a dragon tooth and scale and can gift both.

lanicefaith
02-29-12, 09:58 PM

Me too! I have one it's greeeaaaatttttt!!!

donnabean
03-01-12, 01:56 AM
Im on android I also have them so.for sure cant be a.goal

TimeForACuppaTea
03-01-12, 02:27 AM
Oh god, I knew it. We have a bajillion parts just like in City and instead of using those, they are making us go slower by having to request all new parts. :rolleyes:

And YAY to yet another one-hit wonder constructable coming our way. :rolleyes:

Hey TL, what about giving us something that at least uses nozzles? :p

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto.

I've yet to understand why they didn't use nozzles in the construction of the cocoa maker and ice cream maker. Hello they really do use nozzles.

They've done this same thing in other games. I've got so many parts it's unreal and yet they create new items that need completely new parts. I try to collect and get ahead of the things by stocking up so I can build more quickly and then they pull this . What's the point?

bigtail2
03-01-12, 08:41 AM
Can't see the new gifts under "my gifts" on android, so they must be for a new constructable!

tillie
03-01-12, 08:51 AM
I agree...what is dragon tooth and dragon scale doing in a bakery game...there are all kinds of things the could add other than nonsense item...

mushroom79
03-01-12, 09:24 AM
is it for the pegasus statue?

MiraRae
03-01-12, 09:31 AM
It's either St. Patty's Day or "Year of the Dragon". Not being too goal oriented, I pick my battles and enjoy my virtual resort escape. It it's cool and attainable I go for it.
I work for a living. Games are diversion.

trilogylass
03-01-12, 09:53 AM
Can anyone tell me if the iPad can send dragon parts yet? I can receive them, but do not find them to return the favor.

queentina3
03-01-12, 09:57 AM
Can anyone tell me if the iPad can send dragon parts yet? I can receive them, but do not find them to return the favor.

Yes, both the tooth and scales should show up as the first 2 items in your gifting inventory. They even put them before the food this time. :p

DAmanding
03-01-12, 10:11 AM
You might need to force close the game to "refresh" it so you can see the items to give them.

MommaLouKC
03-01-12, 10:24 AM
I'm excited. I love surprises. And pinkster's suggestion is great!!! I would love several dragon ovens.

bobbyrae
03-01-12, 10:33 AM

I'm thinking of going log cabin theme in my bakery. 18 ovens like this may pose a serious fire risk!:rolleyes:

Annasfarmville
03-01-12, 10:51 AM
I'm curious too... I imagine is going be to build something, but what?

pinkster73
03-01-12, 11:27 AM
I'm excited. I love surprises. And pinkster's suggestion is great!!! I would love several dragon ovens.

The credit goes to nmishii for that one :)

SweetSensation22
03-01-12, 01:38 PM
Its for a Mini Dragon Baker.
I bought one. I still need 3 Dragon Scales to complete it . . .
Auhggggggg . . .

pastrychef17
03-01-12, 01:41 PM
I bought one and had enough parts to make it right away - it's tiny! I don't need/want more than one since it's just a decoration. I kept tapping it to see if it would open up and have a recipe, haha.

bobbyrae
03-01-12, 01:43 PM
I bought one and had enough parts to make it right away - it's tiny! I don't need/want more than one since it's just a decoration. I kept tapping it to see if it would open up and have a recipe, haha.

lololol!!!! I did the same thing. lol. Was hoping the marshmallow was his recipe :p lol

queentina3
03-01-12, 01:50 PM
LMAO pastrychef, that is too funny!!!!!!!!!!

mrdoubtfire
03-01-12, 01:58 PM
The dragon stuff seems to go in line with the rest of these fairy tale updates, not the Year of the Dragon or St. Patty's day, hahaha

queentina3
03-01-12, 02:02 PM
Well it's still 17 days to St Patty's Day, so maybe next week we'll get that stuff, or the week after. It looks like only Farm/City has started getting St Patty's day stuff.

strawberry1974
03-01-12, 03:42 PM

Then apparently we shouldn't "over send" the parts to neighbors if no one is going to need more than one!! Two more things for me to start declining! They really dropped the ball on that one not making it have the marshmallow recipe though!!

queentina3
03-01-12, 03:46 PM
Yeah I posted on my wall not to send me anymore and I'm going to start declining them if I get any more. I only need and want one, unless he'll eventually do something. :p

pastrychef17
03-01-12, 04:01 PM
Yeah I posted on my wall not to send me anymore and I'm going to start declining them if I get any more. I only need and want one, unless he'll eventually do something. :p

Exactly - I did the same thing on my wall. I don't need more than one.

queentina3
03-01-12, 04:11 PM
For all the good it will probably do us though pastrychef, not many people read my wall apparently, as I still get brownies as a gift, even though my wall clearly states I only accept part gifts. :rolleyes:

pastrychef17
03-01-12, 04:17 PM
For all the good it will probably do us though pastrychef, not many people read my wall apparently, as I still get brownies as a gift, even though my wall clearly states I only accept part gifts. :rolleyes:

Heh, you're nicer than I am. I deleted those brownie-gifting neighbors long ago after I gave up asking them to gift parts instead. Along with gifting brownies, I don't think they read their own walls (which is where I'd leave the message). Oddly enough, I don't mind if my neighbors don't read my wall and keep sending dragon parts - I'll just decline them and keep my gift queue free for real parts. It's good to see who actually does gift other than the usual early morning ones who can get a gift to me. I started adopting nmishii's strategy of sometimes declining a part so I can keep my gift queue open to receive gifts from neighbors who tend to gift later in the day. Sometimes it ****s me though when I think I want that part, even if I already have a ton of them and more in my gift queue, lol.

lvu5194
03-01-12, 04:21 PM
its parts for the dragon baker! I think its just a decoration. I cant really do anything with it.

anna1louise
03-01-12, 08:07 PM
I heart my iPad :)

pinkster73
03-01-12, 09:45 PM
I heart my iPad :)

I heart my cat :)

kimmyjf
03-01-12, 09:50 PM
The dragon teeth and scales are to build a mini dragon baker. He is kind of cute with his flaming marshmallows but it is a bit weird for a bakery. You can find him in the floor decorations tab.