PDA

View Full Version : Farm valentines content removed on march 13

catgirl477
02-29-12, 06:00 PM
TL has posted that all valentines content and goals will be removed on march 13.

Although you will no longer be able to buy these things, you will have access to what you have already purchased, and to any crops unlocked by goals. Here is the list Of items being removed. Note:This list has not been varafied

Chocolate strawberries?
Candy hearts
Pink candles
Heart tree
Chocolate Heart tree(unlocked by goal)?
Cupid pig
Love horse(unlocked by goal)?
Heart wheelbarrow
Love mailbox
Love gnomes?
Swan statue
Valentine pond
Cupids ranch
Valentine picnic
Valentine tractor
Valentine box

If there is nay thing I missed please let me know so I can add it.

GO PURPLE CATS!
Not accepting new neighbors at the time, sorry guys;(
need to contact me for any reason? Send me a PM pretty please!*

cakeandpie
03-01-12, 01:25 PM
Ugh, just like last time, it's going to be hard to master several long-term crops in such a short time! But last time they said they would remove holiday crops, they did not. I don't get it.

I hope the dicentra (spelling?) is not considered Valentine's Day.

MiniLaura
03-01-12, 01:46 PM
But last time they said they would remove holiday crops, they did not. I don't get it.

They did. Eventually. Well after the date they said they were going to be removed. However, I guess they have decided that crops/trees that were unlocked by goals are ours to keep, so those holiday crops and trees are still in your store.

Rachael98
03-01-12, 01:51 PM
Just so you know, you can't change it.

A list posted at the Fan Forums got this (obviously also unofficial etc.)

This list is not official or confirmed, but just a rough suggestion.

Thursday, 2nd February 2012
Chocolate Rose crop
Pink Candle crop
Heart Tree
Heart Berries crop
Valentine Gazebo
Valentine Pond
Valentine Mansion
Cupid's Ranch
Valentine's Quests [iOS]

Thursday, 9th February 2012
Valentine Box [box]
Cupid Pig
Candy Hearts crop
Valentine Picnic

Thursday, 16th February 2012
Swan Statue

{LT}Pink Barn

Apologies if some of the code doesn't work, but it's different software.

DerGelbeKaiser
03-01-12, 03:43 PM
Wasn't it supposed to the 29th? I've been planting those flowers like crazy. Well, at least I've mastered the candles and the strawberries and am only three or four fields away from mastering the candy hearts.
And I haven't got the others so not to worry about that.... :-/

Also, Rach, don't you mean March in your list? ;)

DoubleZ
03-03-12, 10:56 PM
Also, Rach, don't you mean March in your list? ;)

Those are the dates they were issued.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-05-12, 07:07 AM
Any word on the Chinese new year crops that came just before the V day crops? Just wondering how far into panick mode I should go.

Wish they would give more of a heads up on this stuff. I posted a thread asking about this weeks ago.

Snapenath
03-05-12, 07:19 AM
Hi!
And what about the goals?
I eventually passed my son's farm from level 30 to 35 yesterday evening, planting strawberries all day long so he could finally plant dalhias, so I hope the goals will not be removed before tomorrow evening so he can get the little house.

And anyway, I am so close to mastering the last seasonnal candy flower, that should be fine for my farm :D

kooky panda
03-05-12, 09:53 AM
Hi!
And what about the goals?
I eventually passed my son's farm from level 30 to 35 yesterday evening, planting strawberries all day long so he could finally plant dalhias, so I hope the goals will not be removed before tomorrow evening so he can get the little house.

And anyway, I am so close to mastering the last seasonnal candy flower, that should be fine for my farm :D
Valentine goals should stay until March 13th.

MiniLaura
03-05-12, 01:23 PM
Any word on the Chinese new year crops that came just before the V day crops? Just wondering how far into panick mode I should go.

I asked when the crops came out and GM indicated that, although they were associated with the Lunar New Year, they were not considered "seasonal" and therefore would remain in the store.

MiniLaura
03-05-12, 01:25 PM

I asked when the crops came out and GM indicated that, although they were associated with the Lunar New Year, they were not considered "seasonal" and therefore would remain in the store.

See here: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23121-Not-Eddie-Murphy...&p=215071&viewfull=1#post215071

(Note: The "last minute changes" he's referring to concerned the fact that the item teased in this thread did not show up in the weekly update. It did show up later.)

Snapenath
03-06-12, 01:51 AM
Valentine goals should stay until March 13th.

Thanks !
I should have finished his goals by tomorrow morning, so that's perfect!

cast1532
03-06-12, 02:09 AM
I want new goals. Too lazy to master my food and crops.

pinkster73
03-06-12, 08:24 AM
I want new goals. Too lazy to master my food and crops.

I want any goals period.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-07-12, 01:49 PM
"We're packing up all the Valentine's Day decor and goal rewards next week. Get them now before it's too late."

Just had a nbr freaking out cause they thought this meant that the crops we earned via goals would be removed too. I told her I thought it just meant that the goals themselves would be removed. But it says "GOAL REWARDS" so this is a bit confusing. Anyone know if this is in fact simply referring to goals, or the rewards? Needs to be written better.

bagelprincess7
03-08-12, 02:31 AM
The goal rewards part is confusing...I mean you aren't taking away the decoration rewards right? Like the horse. So why would you take the rewards that were crops? In Bakery Story they specifically said we get to keep the goal rewards that were recipes.

Please don't take away the crops we earned!

kooky panda
03-08-12, 05:51 AM
The goal rewards part is confusing...I mean you aren't taking away the decoration rewards right? Like the horse. So why would you take the rewards that were crops? In Bakery Story they specifically said we get to keep the goal rewards that were recipes.

Please don't take away the crops we earned!

Taking away goals rewards, means that if you have not unlocked the prizes by finishing the goals, you will not have access to get this items. I do not have 100% confirmation for the horse prize, but I do know in bakery, the truffle chair if you have finished the goal to unlock you will be able still purchase more so I think the horse on the farm will be the same.

sup4mo
03-11-12, 04:31 PM
Am upset b/c I unintentionally unlocked the last goal before the cottage goal & whammo there was the cottage, now I am going to try & make a mad dash to complete it with 2 days left, I had plenty of time last week, only thought I had not gotten it b/c I have just began playing. Then thre it was, any chance they will change their kinds like before, however would like goals in the other games b/c completed them eeeks ago. (Sad face).

pinkster73
03-12-12, 07:31 PM
So to confirm, the dicentra is not considered seasonal and is staying right?

sup4mo
03-12-12, 10:14 PM
Woo-hoo managed to get the little house(cottage) just in time mainly with the help of the gem sale. I put a small fortune into it, however still have a lot left over for those wonderful goals that are coming forth soon I hope!!!

kooky panda
03-13-12, 04:44 AM
So to confirm, the dicentra is not considered seasonal and is staying right?

I have no confirmed list of things staying or going. sorry

beertjeanita
03-13-12, 05:47 AM
I hope i make it till it really stops......i want The chocolate hart trees.....but just started from Android to IPad.......too less time..... Cross my thumbs ;)

Snapenath
03-13-12, 11:45 PM
The next "event" coming being Easter, can we expect some new goals for soon?
Does anyone remember if there were some last year?

queentina3
03-14-12, 05:27 AM
Ok, the content is still there. What is going on? I planted some more pink candles in the hope that maybe I'll get them done in time, but can anyone get an update from a TL Mod as to WHEN this content will actually be removed????

Snapenath
03-14-12, 05:49 AM
Yep, I saw that as well, so I bought a few more chocolate trees this morning as i had only 7 of them..

But would be good to know if TL stick to the date or not..

lsloman
03-14-12, 05:52 AM
I hope we get an extension... Has anyone mastered all the valentines crops? They are all 16 or 22 hrs and I only got to master one! I need at least one more week to master the heart berries and pink candle :(

queentina3
03-14-12, 05:54 AM
I hope we get an extension... Has anyone mastered all the valentines crops? They are all 16 or 22 hrs and I only got to master one! I need at least one more week to master the heart berries and pink candle :(

I mastered the chocolate strawberries and candy hearts. The goal crops weren't going to be removed yet, so I held off on them. I'm in the 4 range for Pink Candle and I'm hoping now that they haven't removed them, that I'll be able to get that mastered, but I'd need at least another day, maybe 2. :(

Snapenath
03-14-12, 06:21 AM
I managed to master them all, finished maybe about 10 days ago, but I allowed a large space for them on my farm. I was trying to plant them at 6.00am my time, harvest them at 22.00, plant some others immediately that I would harvest at 14.00 the following day, then again at 6.00am and so on... As I had no clue when they would remove them, I wanted to get done as quickly as possible. And now I am about to harvest my last time of Lucky rose \o/

If you have money to spend (I mean real money) and have a big farm, you can still have fun planting them, use the fertilizer with gems several times and make sure you get them all, but not much interest doing that since you will only get back 2 gems per type of crops... and a gnome.

Or if you have some patience and coins to waste, you can plant all you farm, then sell all the crops, plow your land again, plant again, sell, plow, plant, sell, plow, plant, sell... ZZzzzzzzz

queentina3
03-14-12, 07:34 AM
Snapenath, it isn't worth it to fertilize them. I'm only a little into the bar going for 4 so it would take too many times to make it worth it. If I was closer to being done, I may have done it once, possibly twice, but since I just got on that section, nah...................

Snapenath
03-14-12, 08:04 AM
Yes this is what I meant when i said it wouldn't be much of interest using the fertilizer, it is not worth it...

As to plant, sell, plow, replant... indeed, it is too much patience required, as it means a double tap to sell and the same to plow.

queentina3
03-14-12, 08:40 AM
*sigh* and to think as soon as this v-day content is pulled I'm going to have to scramble with the 2 crops we got for St Patty's day. UGH, I just want to plant what I want and not be rushed like this. I know I'm asking too much. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
03-14-12, 08:42 AM
*sigh* and to think as soon as this v-day content is pulled I'm going to have to scramble with the 2 crops we got for St Patty's day. UGH, I just want to plant what I want and not be rushed like this. I know I'm asking too much. :rolleyes:

I don't like it either. And its especially irritating that the st paddys day stuff is 24 hours instead of one day so there's time creep.

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 08:45 AM
wow...so the st. paddy's day things are going as well? I haven't even looked at those. If they are being removed then I won't even bother to try to get them mastered.

queentina3
03-14-12, 08:47 AM
wow...so the st. paddy's day things are going as well? I haven't even looked at those. If they are being removed then I won't even bother to try to get them mastered.

I have no idea, but I'm not taking any chances considering I'm not going to get pink candle done in time. It would be nice to know if they are going to let us keep them, but since we don't even know 100% what v-day content is going, I doubt we'll ever hear about St Patty's stuff. :(

kattybell
03-14-12, 08:49 AM

I don't think they'll be removed until after St. Patrick's Day, hope so anyway.

yanochka
03-14-12, 08:49 AM

Me too. It's just doesn't make sense to plant long-term seasonal items (over 16 hours), especially since the earnings are so low on all new crops. I do get sesonal trees, as they remain after being purchased and can be mastered eventually.

pastrychef17
03-14-12, 09:30 AM
I rushed to get to level 2 on chocolate strawberries and pink candle in case they got pulled. Now I have no idea what's going when since nothing happened on March 13 (seriously, TL, if you set a date for something, follow through or your credibility is gone). It's such a long stretch to get to level 3 and 4 that I figure I'm better off just getting to the level 2 gem on anything that feels at risk.

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 09:38 AM
I rushed to get to level 2 on chocolate strawberries and pink candle in case they got pulled. Now I have no idea what's going when since nothing happened on March 13 (seriously, TL, if you set a date for something, follow through or your credibility is gone). It's such a long stretch to get to level 3 and 4 that I figure I'm better off just getting to the level 2 gem on anything that feels at risk.

Me too. That's what I'm trying to do with some of them. But uggh! I need the coins to expand. So I'm torn between dicentra, chocolate strawberries and pineapples! lol. Dicentra won last night and today. I'll try to make level 2 at least and get the gem. Not sure I'll tackle the candle or the other heart flower. I don't like them anyway. They make my head hurt looking on a whole field of them! >.>

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 09:39 AM
Me too. It's just doesn't make sense to plant long-term seasonal items (over 16 hours), especially since the earnings are so low on all new crops. I do get sesonal trees, as they remain after being purchased and can be mastered eventually.
:) I do that too :) I have chocolate trees in storage to master later. And those cute yellow and pink heart trees too.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 10:19 AM
I didn't master dicentra. I'm gambling and hoping its not considered seasonal. Seriously it shouldn't be this hard to find out what's being removed.

Snapenath
03-14-12, 10:25 AM

That is exactly what I am feeling, I want to plant what I want!!
But ever since I started the game a little less than two months ago, I feel like I have only planted seasonal crops, apart from the short term ones!!

And the Saint Patrick's crops won't help. 24 hours... tss

DerGelbeKaiser
03-14-12, 11:46 AM
You guys still have the pink candles? Because I couldn't plant anymore since the 11th (I think) and I was actually a bit grumpy because I did remember it was supposed to be the 13th for the Valentine stuff to disappear (although I still have half the stuff - jsut not the crops) I was two fields, i.e. two days away from mastering them. A bit annoying.

And I'd LOVE to keep the shamrock crop!!! It's the only thing that resembles a bush and that won't wither because it's a 'flower'. Perfect for landscaping. I'd do a petition for it but since TL virtually never listens to what player want it would be a waste of time. (Unless somethign has changed in my absence??) As it is I'll just have to try and hang onto a dozend or so. Shame, it is such a pretty crop!

AuntyRose32
03-14-12, 12:02 PM
You guys still have the pink candles? Because I couldn't plant anymore since the 11th (I think) and I was actually a bit grumpy because I did remember it was supposed to be the 13th for the Valentine stuff to disappear (although I still have half the stuff - jsut not the crops) I was two fields, i.e. two days away from mastering them. A bit annoying.

And I'd LOVE to keep the shamrock crop!!! It's the only thing that resembles a bush and that won't wither because it's a 'flower'. Perfect for landscaping. I'd do a petition for it but since TL virtually never listens to what player want it would be a waste of time. (Unless somethign has changed in my absence??) As it is I'll just have to try and hang onto a dozend or so. Shame, it is such a pretty crop!

I'm signing your petition! I would love if TL let us keep the shamrock crop, it is the only crop we have that resembles a bush and is great for landscaping, just like u said:) Please let us keep it...what does it matter to u (TL) if we have it permanently?

queentina3
03-14-12, 12:07 PM
Der, yes I still had them, they were just moved waaaayyyyy down in the flower tab instead of right when I opened the crop part of the store. I have some planted right now that I put out this AM.

viviansmo
03-14-12, 12:21 PM
I had pinkcandles this morning. now they are gone. along with the rhubarb, which I did not think was a valentine's crop. lucky for me, I mastered rhubarb yesterday.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 12:27 PM
How on earth can rhubarb be considered Valentines-ish??!!?!!

viviansmo
03-14-12, 12:29 PM

that's what I was wondering. I am happy to say dicentra are still there but have decided to try and finish off that final leaf in case it disappears.

pastrychef17
03-14-12, 12:40 PM

Didn't see that one coming - sheesh. I got to leaf 2 on that one but only cuz I needed a 3 hour crop and was getting tired of leeks and carrots, lol. They must've just yanked it because I planted rhubarb less than 3 hours ago.

nicola_grant
03-14-12, 12:48 PM
I hadn't even started on the rhubarb as I never considered for a second it could be a valentines crop :(

TimeForACuppaTea
03-14-12, 12:51 PM
What?!?!?! Rhubarb too? Fudgy monkeys this is too much. I barely mastered candles, candies and strawberries I've not planted anything else but these in order to master them. Just finished this morning. So was grateful for the extra day. Then I learn that Chinese new year stuff is also going, which I asked about specifically on the first page. Now Rhubarb too?!?!?! Fudgy monkeys this is too much. Is TL hoping to people will get so mad we will all just quit playing or what? Perhaps they feel they simply have too many customers.

viviansmo
03-14-12, 12:54 PM
Then I learn that Chinese new year stuff is also going, which I asked about specifically on the first page.
wait... what? where did you hear that? does that mean I better get going on mastering the bok choy and the goya?

pinkster73
03-14-12, 12:55 PM
What?!?!?! Rhubarb too? Fudgy monkeys this is too much. I barely mastered candles, candies and strawberries I've not planted anything else but these in order to master them. Just finished this morning. So was grateful for the extra day. Then I learn that Chinese new year stuff is also going, which I asked about specifically on the first page. Now Rhubarb too?!?!?! Fudgy monkeys this is too much. Is TL hoping to people will get so mad we will all just quit playing or what? Perhaps they feel they simply have too many customers.

Wait what? What is the Chinese new years stuff? I'm confused

TimeForACuppaTea
03-14-12, 12:55 PM
Well this bites. I just checked my game. Was going to see if I squeezed in some rhubarb if I could get a gem out of it. And it's already gone. I think I'll be posting a review on I tunes. This really bites. We've been begging for a list for weeks and have gotten nothing. Communication needs some serious improvement around here.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-14-12, 12:58 PM
Chinese New year stuff is/was square melons, Goya, Bok Choy, and Daikon.

And of course no word on which will be removed. :mad:

queentina3
03-14-12, 12:59 PM
UGH, and I was almost done with my rhubarb! I had maybe 1 or 2 plantings left and I would have it mastered! GOSH DARN IT! grumbles, stomps, and kicks things!

Pink Candle I knew I wasn't going to get completed, and I MAY get lucky and when I harvest what is out right now, make that 4th leaf, but it's doubtful.

See, now I'm not taking ANY chances on the St Patty's stuff! As soon as my current Rhubarb is done, that stuff is getting started and same goes when my pink candles get harvested tomorrow AM, more St Patty's stuff is going down!

AT LEAST the 2 crops we got from the goals are still there, as I haven't touched them AT ALL.

*stomps off grumbling some more*

pastrychef17
03-14-12, 01:03 PM
Chinese New year stuff is/was square melons, Goya, Bok Choy, and Daikon.

And of course no word on which will be removed. :mad:

I don't even have Goya or Daikon yet since I'm not at a high enough level. Guess I'll plant the others and the St Patty's stuff.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 01:07 PM
Lueann where did you hear/read this? Are you sure?

Omg I've been doing green roses when I'm not done bok choy!!! What's going on?

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 01:11 PM
Calm down people. I suspect something is going on and all these strange happenings may just be TL getting ready to update tomorrow. I hope.

queentina3
03-14-12, 01:11 PM
Daikon is the only one I'll miss out on, if I even attempt any of them, as that is level 50 and I'm only level 39. :(

pinkster73
03-14-12, 01:12 PM
Calm down people. I suspect something is going on and all these strange happenings may just be TL getting ready to update tomorrow. I hope.

Calm down? CALM DOWN? There's gnomes at stake here!

nmishii
03-14-12, 01:13 PM
Rhubarb was released after Valetine's Day. I never considered it to be a Valentine's crop.

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 01:14 PM
That said, chocolate strawberries are gone with the rhubarbs, dicentra remains. The candle and heart flowers are also gone. Chocolate heart trees remain but candy heart trees are gone. Well...maybe rhubarb was valentine content? >.< And I was mastering dicentra!

epic fail.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 01:18 PM
That said, chocolate strawberries are gone with the rhubarbs, dicentra remains. The candle and heart flowers are also gone. Chocolate heart trees remain but candy heart trees are gone. Well...maybe rhubarb was valentine content? >.< And I was mastering dicentra!

epic fail.

Epic fail yes, but not on our end.

queentina3
03-14-12, 01:23 PM

*soda threw the nose*

Thanks!

I'm thinking GEMS AT STAKE HERE! :p

queentina3
03-14-12, 01:24 PM

epic fail.

Chocolate Heart Trees is a goal reward, that is why we still have it. Same with Choco Roses and Heart Berries, as those are goal rewards. Just as an FYI. I got that confirmed by Kooky as I wanted to know if I had to worry about those, or the Candy Hearts/Pink Candles for mastery. :)

bobbyrae
03-14-12, 01:27 PM

I know. I know. sigh. If I had only known I would have axed those stupid horrid dicentra plants and tried for the strawberries. Now I'm stuck with a whole silly field of dicentra.

nmishii
03-14-12, 01:39 PM
I know. I know. sigh. If I had only known I would have axed those stupid horrid dicentra plants and tried for the strawberries. Now I'm stuck with a whole silly field of dicentra.

I thought dicentra was not a Valentine's crop because it was released after Valentine's Day. But then again, I thought rhubarb was not a Valentine's crop because it was released after Valentine's Day. I mastered dicentra but not rhubarb because I like 22-hr one day crops and do not like shorter time crops. I'm going to miss getting that gnome.

I figured chocolate strawberries would be removed since it is not a real crop.

kooky panda
03-14-12, 01:44 PM
I am not happy about rhubard being removed. I am going to check to make sure removing the rhubard was not an mistake.

http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u327/betty_7_30/sad.gif

pinkster73
03-14-12, 01:46 PM
Would have been nice to have had a list, seeing as how they took stuff away that came out AFTER Valentines.

queentina3
03-14-12, 01:52 PM
Please beg them to give us rhubarb back and at the level we were at when they tooketh away! :(

Maybe they took it away to fix it? Since the withered rhubarb looked almost identical to the ready-to-harvest rhubarb? Right, RIGHT???? :(

nmishii
03-14-12, 01:54 PM
Please beg them to give us rhubarb back and at the level we were at when they tooketh away! :(

Maybe they took it away to fix it? Since the withered rhubarb looked almost identical to the ready-to-harvest rhubarb? Right, RIGHT???? :(

They already fixed the withered rhubarb.

queentina3
03-14-12, 01:56 PM

Oh they did, I thought just yesterday somebody posted that the withered rhubarb was still showing up as looking identical to ready-to-harvest. Oops. Well I want it back until I get my gems. Harumph! :p

viviansmo
03-14-12, 02:00 PM

Oh they did, I thought just yesterday somebody posted that the withered rhubarb was still showing up as looking identical to ready-to-harvest. Oops. Well I want it back until I get my gems. Harumph! :p

It was never fixed for me. even after restarting device, force closing app, deleting and reinstalling app, restarting device again...
but it was fixed for Android users at least. :p

well, when my field of dicentra is ready, I'll replant with the Chinese New Year crops just in case. or maybe I'll stick with the green roses? gah... a list with dates of removal would be ever so helpful.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:02 PM
Is the dicentra gone?

candyglam
03-14-12, 02:04 PM
Is the dicentra gone?

I still have dicentra; I just replanted it.

Can't believe I didn't master a three hour crop because I was focusing on other things that actually seemed blatantly Valentine's Day themed (like dicentra!). Ugh.

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:06 PM

I want it back until I get my gnome. I got one gem and the second gem is not nearly as imporant as the gnome.

Two or three days ago viviansmo couldn't see withered rhubarb on her farm but it was withered when I looked on her farm. I don't think she was using the Valentines version. That should have been a sign that rhubarb was going to be removed when they decided not to update all their versions, but it wasn't because it is so typical for them to not completely implement a change.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:06 PM
I was just checking because I still have dicentra. Are the bok choy and goya going?

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:07 PM
I'm just floored. Although I shouldn't be.

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:13 PM
I still have dicentra; I just replanted it.

Can't believe I didn't master a three hour crop because I was focusing on other things that actually seemed blatantly Valentine's Day themed (like dicentra!). Ugh.

I didn't master it either. I'm 12 hrs from mastering it (4 sets of plantings @ 3 hrs) but I never associated rhubarb with Valentine's Day so thought I had time to master it.

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:14 PM
I'm just floored. Although I shouldn't be.

Nothing TL does surprises me anymore.

queentina3
03-14-12, 02:18 PM
There isn't a valentine's version of Farm Story nmishii, and I thought it was an Android user that complained and Kooky was going to replant some and take pics to see if there was a difference. OH well, neither here or there, it's gone right now and I'm not happy about it.

gnome, schnome, I want my gem. :p

Snapenath
03-14-12, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind having to remaster the rhubarb again, as it would give me another two gems and a gnome, but definitely, TL should provide us with a list of dates for the removal of crops.

I have not started the bok choi and the other one, maybe I should...

viviansmo
03-14-12, 02:22 PM
Two or three days ago viviansmo couldn't see withered rhubarb on her farm but it was withered when I looked on her farm. I don't think she was using the Valentines version. That should have been a sign that rhubarb was going to be removed when they decided not to update all their versions, but it wasn't because it is so typical for them to not completely implement a change.

There wasn't a Valentine's version for Farm, though. Was there?

Pinkster, dicentra is still there. I just mean, since it didn't disappear, and there are rumors that other crops may go, I'm not sure what to try to master next!
I really hope the bok choy and goya and square melon and daikon aren't goin. Although I've already mastered daikon... but I'm not even up to one leaf yet on bok choy.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:23 PM
They took out rhubarb and there's still candy apple trees? Where's the logic?

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:24 PM
There isn't a valentine's version of Farm Story nmishii, and I thought it was an Android user that complained and Kooky was going to replant some and take pics to see if there was a difference. OH well, neither here or there, it's gone right now and I'm not happy about it.

gnome, schnome, I want my gem. :p

It seems like a lot of people are unhappy about the rhubarb. It was released after Valentines day, has no apparent connection to Valentines day (at least not to me), and we asked specifically if rhubarb would remain or be removed and didn't get an answer from TL.

Didn't know that there wasn't a special Valentines version. So they put the goals in the regular version?

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:26 PM
It seems like a lot of people are unhappy about the rhubarb. It was released after Valentines day, has no apparent connection to Valentines day (at least not to me), and we asked specifically if rhubarb would remain or be removed and didn't get an answer from TL.

Didn't know that there wasn't a special Valentines version. So they put the goals in the regular version?

Yes, they did. This just gets better and better.

queentina3
03-14-12, 02:27 PM

Yup, not sure why we didn't get a special V-day version like we did for BS/RS/Fashion, but alas we were left out. I even had one for Pet Story, not that I ever played it. When I was forced to download that due to the pop-up, I just downloaded regular Pet Shop.

I have no idea what to plant in place of the rhubarb now, anyone have any suggestions for me? *cries*

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:27 PM
They took out rhubarb and there's still candy apple trees? Where's the logic?

Candy apple trees? I don't recall these trees.

I don't have the Heart tree in my Store that was released for valentines day. Only the ones in my field.

I have caramel apple trees in my inventory but not in my Store. The only fantasy tree I have in my store is the shamrock tree.

DerGelbeKaiser
03-14-12, 02:29 PM
Rhubarb is gone? Seriously? Oh for ! That would have been two easy gems. And it doesn't even make any sense whatsoever.

There was a reason why I quit this game for some time - this kind of pushing players around was definitely part of it.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:30 PM
Candy apple trees? I don't recall these trees.

I don't have the Heart tree in my Store that was released for valentines day. Only the ones in my field.

I have caramel apple trees in my inventory but not in my Store. The only fantasy tree I have in my store is the shamrock tree.
Sorry I meant sugar apple trees. Last page

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:31 PM
Yup, not sure why we didn't get a special V-day version like we did for BS/RS/Fashion, but alas we were left out. I even had one for Pet Story, not that I ever played it. When I was forced to download that due to the pop-up, I just downloaded regular Pet Shop.

I have no idea what to plant in place of the rhubarb now, anyone have any suggestions for me? *cries*

The other 3 hr crops are carrot, mushrooms, leek, cantaloupe, lettuce, alfalfa, in order of profit. I'm not sure which ones are unlocked for you. Blackcurrent and artichoke are 4 hr crops.

queentina3
03-14-12, 02:34 PM
Mushrooms it is, it actually give a bit more coin than Carrot and I just unlocked them. I guess before I go to bed if the rhubarb isn't back I'll start on one of the St Patty's. *grumbles*

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:34 PM
Sorry I meant sugar apple trees. Last page

Oh, I have that. I googled that tree after they were released. Its a real tree.

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:37 PM
Oh, I have that. I googled that tree after they were released. Its a real tree.

Oh right. And rhubarb is a fantasy Valentines crop. Got it.

queentina3
03-14-12, 02:41 PM
Well one good thing came out of this for me, planting these mushrooms just got me that last collectible I needed to get the tool holder. :)

But I still want my rhubarb back. :mad:

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:43 PM

There's a variety of rhubarb called "Valentine rhubarb"

http://www.millernurseries.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=312

Learn something new everyday.

If they had called it "Valentine rhubarb" rather than plain old everyday rhubarb, people would have mastered it before March 13th.

jimbobbillyray
03-14-12, 02:45 PM
There is no rhyme nor reason to removing the rhubarb or the chocolate strawberries....and to add insult to injury I have the goals back....sigh...

pinkster73

If they had called it "Valentine rhubarb" rather than plain old everyday rhubarb, people would have mastered it before March 13th.

We didn't "Valentines rhubarb". We had just "rhubarb". Nothing to do with Valentines. I'm surprised they didn't take away corn after Christmas. What you say? That would be ridiculous? Well ya. Same thing.

jimbobbillyray
Or if they had not issued it and the strawberries after Valentines day...

pinkster73
03-14-12, 02:46 PM
There is no rhyme nor reason to removing the rhubarb or the chocolate strawberries....and to add insult to injury I have the goals back....sigh...

Chocolate strawberries are an obviously fantasy crop. Rhubarb isn't.

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:47 PM

Here's all the varieties of rhubarb. I don't much about the differences, except I guess the Valentine rhubarb is the one that is still green when its withered.

http://www.oocities.org/green_cache/rhubarb.html#Varieties_of_Rhubarb_

nmishii
03-14-12, 02:51 PM
We didn't "Valentines rhubarb". We had just "rhubarb". Nothing to do with Valentines. I'm surprised they didn't take away corn after Christmas. What you say? That would be ridiculous? Well ya. Same thing.

Yes, it would have been ridiculous, but that's the norm with these games.

I would rather they had taken away the corn after Christmas than the rhubarb now. I got my gnome for the corn, but not the rhubarb.

cbisme
03-14-12, 02:57 PM
My valentine goals reset themselves and i was so close to getting that house

pastrychef17
03-14-12, 02:59 PM
Mushrooms it is, it actually give a bit more coin than Carrot and I just unlocked them. I guess before I go to bed if the rhubarb isn't back I'll start on one of the St Patty's. *grumbles*

If you want more coins, canteloupe nets more than mushrooms. I'm torn between planting the ones that MIGHT go away (which tend to be lower yielding) or the ones for the most coins so I can expand again. Decisions......

viviansmo
03-14-12, 03:01 PM
I don't much about the differences, except I guess the Valentine rhubarb is the one that is still green when its withered.

lol, yes, apparently!

queentina3
03-14-12, 03:32 PM
Ugh, my calculation was wrong for the mushrooms, but oh well, I still got the tool holder out of the deal. I want my rhubarb back. *whines*

pinkster73
03-14-12, 04:28 PM
If they are going to remove stuff that no one would possibly guess is "Valentines" they need to give some warning. A list. A proper list. No offense to kooky and catgirl who graciously have done this.

Purplum
03-14-12, 05:16 PM
I could handle not having a concrete list from TL when you could use logic to figure it out. But calling rhubarb a valentine crop? And now the Chinese new year crops are supposedly going too when I've seen other threads saying expressly that they are staying...

Give us a list each time please -- it is not that hard and it would make us customers so much happier.

kooky panda
03-14-12, 05:19 PM
Got word back on Rhubard, is was seasonal content, so it has been removed.:(

nmishii
03-14-12, 05:20 PM
I didn't see the post about the Chinese New Year crops being removed. Does anyone have a link where TL or a mod has stated this?

pinkster73
03-14-12, 05:22 PM
I didn't see the post about the Chinese New Year crops being removed. Does anyone have a link where TL or a mod has stated this?

A mod didn't state it. It was a forum member who stated it and I asked where they got that info but I didn't get an answer.

catgirl477
03-14-12, 09:56 PM
Noooooo!!!! Not rubarb!!!!! It's not seasonal!!! I make rubarb pie for my dad year round!!!

catgirl477
03-14-12, 10:02 PM

Ya I know right! It's not and it shouldn't have been removed!! Boooooooooo :(

DerGelbeKaiser
03-15-12, 04:49 PM
Got word back on Rhubard, is was seasonal content, so it has been removed.:(

Well - all veggies are seasonal content - by sheer definition. Well, it's been said often enough how daft this is...

DerGelbeKaiser
03-18-12, 08:03 AM
Here check this out http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-%281-16-12%29 I'm not sure if deleting a post qualifies as 'disciplinary action' but like I said, I've never seen soemthing like this anywhere else online so far.
Which reminds me: I was just here to check on an update. Time to leave this forum before I get crotchety.