PDA

View Full Version : Explanation for random gem prices on the new expansions please!

jeremyfun8
02-29-12, 11:24 AM
Not sure this is a bug or by design. Some of my neighbors have told me their expansion cost is 120 or 160 gems. As of now mine is 80 gems. I've told most of them not to buy yet until the bug is fixed or a valid explanation is given.

pinkster73
02-29-12, 12:15 PM
There seems to be random pricing for everyone. No explanation has been given.

Rachael98
02-29-12, 12:23 PM
There seems to be random pricing for everyone. No explanation has been given.

Except that price changes were not currently available to all users;).

TheRandomDude
02-29-12, 04:56 PM
This is just a bug and I'm sure they will fix this soon..

driftboutique
02-29-12, 06:55 PM

I don't think so. TL gives limited-time offers and sales at random. I think the gem pricing is intentionally random as well.

It may be that they are collecting data in order to figure out which price generated maximum profit, at which point they will roll that price out across all games. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

pinkster73
02-29-12, 07:05 PM

It's not a bug. TL does random pricing all the time.

ohdiscordia
02-29-12, 07:08 PM
That's obscene, I'm sorry. How do you seriously justify charging people different prices? Some people pay $3.50 for an expansion, some pay $6!? Seriously?? And you guys are okay with that?

pinkster73
02-29-12, 07:11 PM
That's obscene, I'm sorry. How do you seriously justify charging people different prices? Some people pay $3.50 for an expansion, some pay $6!? Seriously?? And you guys are okay with that?

No I believe no one likes that.

ohdiscordia
02-29-12, 07:16 PM

Haha of course, I know no one does.. a little bit of rage leaked out there :o they must think that either we are dumb and will tolerate that, or they really just don't care. It doesn't help that a lot of people on here make excuses for it either :(

pinkster73
02-29-12, 07:21 PM
Haha of course, I know no one does.. a little bit of rage leaked out there :o they must think that either we are dumb and will tolerate that, or they really just don't care. It doesn't help that a lot of people on here make excuses for it either :(

Ya I don't buy the excuses

queentina3
02-29-12, 07:25 PM
Maybe not so much an excuse but an explanation based off of what we've been told in the past? Not that I agree or anything, as seeing my posts you all know I don't. :)

kooky panda
02-29-12, 07:29 PM
Unfortunately, TL is not able to change the prices that you currently have at this time, though they will make sure to notify the development team about your feedback regarding the prices. It is possible that changes to features or prices may occur in the game.

Please continue to send post your feedback as they are continuously making adjustments to balance the game economy so that both new and older users can enjoy the game.

ohdiscordia
02-29-12, 08:47 PM
Yay, deleted post! Not sure why, but whatever.

kooky panda
02-29-12, 09:12 PM
Yay, deleted post! Not sure why, but whatever.

You had a no no word in your post. once a community manager can review and edit it your post will be put back on the thread.

aiyayu
02-29-12, 09:36 PM
I couldn't play Pet Shop Story & Zoo Story 2, but when it first came out, I read those posts anyways and the practice of random gem pricing experiment seems to have started this the release of those games unfortunately. ^^;;

divassweets37
03-01-12, 05:44 PM
Personally I think the "kinks and bugs" need to be resolved before the price gouging begins...Yes that's exactly what's happening here. Gamers in this particular app should be provided with a fun gaming experience the ability to see my items for instance after I purchase them would be nice. Rolling out new items with code bugs, expansions with random gem costs clearly that's a complete flop. So that I'm understanding this correctly, the vision here is to suck up money from gamers before hand and we're to have faith that these issues will be resolved? Well I for one will not be spending any more of my hard earned money in "good faith". I am currently at the max expansion that was being offered before these new expansions were introduced and that's as far as I'm willing to go. But that's just me talking. Personally I think everyone sitting at the round table behind the scenes should consider the fact that we gamers might want items, etc. That actually function and are visible like they were created to be not some half programmed coded items and game quests that aren't functioning to their full capacity. Fix it :)

bobbyrae
03-01-12, 06:09 PM
Is it that the coin prices for expansion are different also? Or is it just the gem cost that varies?

queentina3
03-01-12, 06:21 PM
Is it that the coin prices for expansion are different also? Or is it just the gem cost that varies?

From what I've been reading, only the gem prices are different, the coin prices are the same across the board.

dakota8888
03-01-12, 08:53 PM
My friend plays on an iPad just like mine and she can expand for 40 gems. My expansion cost is 80. That is ridiculous!!! this bug needs to be fixed!

pinkster73
03-01-12, 08:54 PM
My friend plays on an iPad just like mine and she can expand for 40 gems. My expansion cost is 80. That is ridiculous!!! this bug needs to be fixed!

It's not a bug.

nmishii
03-01-12, 09:06 PM
My bakery expansion cost is 120 gems and my restaurant is 160. I'm actually happy about those prices because I only expand with coins and with those costs I won't fall into the gem trap to expand with coins.

pinkster73
03-01-12, 09:14 PM
My bakery expansion cost is 120 gems and my restaurant is 160. I'm actually happy about those prices because I only expand with coins and with those costs I won't fall into the gem trap to expand with coins.

Well then HOORAY for high prices for nmishii!

farmerpeaches
03-05-12, 01:52 PM
I'm not happy at all about the different prices either...my bakery is 120 and restaraunt is 160.. I wrote to them and of course you get the typical letter back....we are sorry we can't change the prices but as time goes on these prices may change... So I guess if they see that we are outraged about these prices then maybe they will lower them....

mingboo
03-06-12, 05:55 AM
if i can expand for 40 gems, i would use gems to expand to the max!!! I think most people will agree with me!

orchidchick
03-06-12, 06:57 AM
I just checked...120 gems for bakery, 160 for restaraunt... no wonder i get a 20% off gem sale offer every single day! lol

pinkster73
03-06-12, 08:16 AM
I just checked...120 gems for bakery, 160 for restaraunt... no wonder i get a 20% off gem sale offer every single day! lol

"Here, you can have a sale, but things will cost more for you". Oh the irony :p

nmishii
03-06-12, 08:20 AM
if i can expand for 40 gems, i would use gems to expand to the max!!! I think most people will agree with me!

I don't agree with you. My expansions were dropped from 160 in RS and 120 in BS to 40 gems in both games and I haven't expanded using gems. I didn't have a space problem before the new expansions. I expanded 3 times in BS for coins just because I could and don't know what to do with the space. I'm considering expanding 2 or 3 times in RS for coins and won't know what to do with the space.

mingboo
03-07-12, 07:57 AM
I don't agree with you. My expansions were dropped from 160 in RS and 120 in BS to 40 gems in both games and I haven't expanded using gems. I didn't have a space problem before the new expansions. I expanded 3 times in BS for coins just because I could and don't know what to do with the space. I'm considering expanding 2 or 3 times in RS for coins and won't know what to do with the space.

I have problems with spaces in RS, BS and CS (crazy enough to open too many of the chests)! that is why I started playing pets and fashion! I am still waiting for further expansion option in CS! I am getting a bit bored with pet story because it cost too much gems! Don't get me wrong, I do not mind spending on gems but 596 gems to get a family of border collies is a bit ridiculous!

TheRandomDude
03-07-12, 09:15 AM
It's not a bug. TL does random pricing all the time.

Yes I know they do that... But do u really think teamlava would go to the point of making a 40 gem difference!?

TheRandomDude
03-07-12, 09:20 AM
I don't think so. TL gives limited-time offers and sales at random. I think the gem pricing is intentionally random as well.

It may be that they are collecting data in order to figure out which price generated maximum profit, at which point they will roll that price out across all games. But I wouldn't hold your breath.

Muahahahahahah I THINK I was right....DJW said this in another thread...

Unfortunately, we are not able to change the prices that you currently have at this time, though we will make sure to notify the development team about your feedback regarding the prices. It is possible that changes to features or prices may occur in the game.

Please continue to send us your feedback as we are continuously making adjustments to balance the game economy so that both new and older users can enjoy the game.

pinkster73
03-07-12, 09:52 AM
Yes I know they do that... But do u really think teamlava would go to the point of making a 40 gem difference!?

Yes. Totally.

queentina3
03-07-12, 10:10 AM

Yes, as they want to see how many people will purchase at a particular rate. If they see alot of people purchasing at a 40 or 80 gem rate, most likely that will be the set rate. If they don't see anyone purchasing at a 160 rate, we'll most likely see that go away and maybe only have a 120 rate for the highest expansion, so they can put as many people off of expanding to that for as long as possible.

One of the original reasons why more expansions hadn't been offered was because of the lag on older devices, if EVERYONE expanded to the newest highest expansion offered right away, many players probably woudn't be able to get into their games at all.

leadfoot
03-07-12, 03:42 PM
This is an interesting topic. When the newest expansions were first offered, my gem cost was 120 per expansion in Restaurant Story and 160 in Bakery Story. Today in Restaurant Story it's 40 and still 160 for Bakery. I'm at level 96 in RS and 94 in BS. Anyone else notice a decrease?

DAmanding
03-07-12, 05:07 PM
I'm level 91. My cost has stayed at 120 gems consistently.

queentina3
03-07-12, 09:11 PM
Fashion and Restaurant have been changed to 40 gems for me, YIKES, I could hit that gem trap. :(

Bakery is still at 80 so I should be pretty safe there. LOL

carrion2342
03-08-12, 07:20 AM

40 gems? I still have expansion for 160 gems. It's means 120 gems difference. That's ridiculous.

wolfgrrl1
03-10-12, 05:56 AM
This is a horrible, horrible way to conduct business.

Luna48
03-10-12, 03:00 PM
My expansions in BS are still 160. No reductions in my game. Hard to figure.

triplenipple
03-13-12, 04:12 AM
I'm now on LEVEL 69 and my expansion is 80 GEMS on iPhone 4.

My Friend is on level 96 and his expansion cost is 40 GEMS on iPhone 4.

I would like to know how this BENIFITS US??
What is the whole point of doing random prices... Surely you know that we all going to talk & find out how your trying to RIP PEOPLE OFF??!!!!!

Frankly this is not on!! And I bloody well buy gems at your RIDICULOUS PRICES!!
Money grabbers!!

queentina3
03-13-12, 06:29 AM
I'm now on LEVEL 69 and my expansion is 80 GEMS on iPhone 4.

My Friend is on level 96 and his expansion cost is 40 GEMS on iPhone 4.

I would like to know how this BENIFITS US??
What is the whole point of doing random prices... Surely you know that we all going to talk & find out how your trying to RIP PEOPLE OFF??!!!!!

Frankly this is not on!! And I bloody well buy gems at your RIDICULOUS PRICES!!
Money grabbers!!

Yours will probably go down at some point as well, mine for RS/BS/Fashion all went to do 40 gems. BS just went down today, as last night it was still at 80 gems. They are most likely testing to see who will buy gems at the higher costs, and when they see that people aren't falling for it, they're probably dropping their prices to see if then they will expand with them. I could be wrong, but that is the only thing that makes sense. Although, they could have done it as well to make it a slower roll-out, figuring people wouldn't spend 80/120/160 gems to expand but that they would spend 40 gems to do it. This way not EVERYONE would expand at once.

I would give it a little bit longer and you'll probably see yours decrease to 40 gems too.

mamareader02
03-13-12, 07:44 AM
mine in fs was 120, listed in the store, but i checked the side arrow on the grass, said 40 gems,so i kept goin everytime it said 40, was able to fully expand at 40 gem price, not the crazy 120 listed in store

DAmanding
03-13-12, 11:27 AM
My price FINALLY dropped from 120 to 40. I just passed the 6 million coin mark last night so I wonder if that made a difference?

queentina3
03-13-12, 11:30 AM
My price FINALLY dropped from 120 to 40. I just passed the 6 million coin mark last night so I wonder if that made a difference?

I doubt it, as I was only at 1.7 mil when mine dropped and I was shooting for the 6 mil expansion since I figured they'd never drop from the 80 gem price. Boy was I shocked when I logged into BS this AM and saw they dropped to 40! I was so excited. LOL Now that money will be spent to decorate the huge space I now have. hahaha

DAmanding
03-13-12, 11:37 AM
I still plan to buy mine with coins. I'm saving up a little more than the 6 mil so that I have enough for tile and wallpaper. I already have more floor decor, furniture, etc then I can fit in there anyway! :D

badger8
03-13-12, 01:50 PM
Both my RS & BS are also down to 40 from 120 each. I'm only around 1m coins so I don't think it has to with $. I think it was an experiment and now we're experimenting to see how many people buy the expansions at 40 gems.

nmishii
03-13-12, 02:21 PM
My costs dropped from either 120 or 160 gems to 40 a couple of days after the expansions were released in both BS and RS. I had enough coins for 3 expansions in BS and went to buy those expansions when I noticed the price drop. In RS I have enough coins for 3 expansions.

MissHKNY
03-15-12, 09:13 AM
Mine dropped from 120 to 40 I realize today and u know what, I purchased gems and expanded it to max in a heartbeat. Dont know when i am going to log in and its going to be 120 again bc chances of that is higher than it ever going down to 20 per expansion. I am a happy camper today bc I think out of the many many times Ive purchased gems and got ridiculous amt of duplicates from those suprise boxes, this was the most worth it to me that Ive paid for gems.

queentina3
03-15-12, 09:47 AM
Mine dropped from 120 to 40 I realize today and u know what, I purchased gems and expanded it to max in a heartbeat. Dont know when i am going to log in and its going to be 120 again bc chances of that is higher than it ever going down to 20 per expansion. I am a happy camper today bc I think out of the many many times Ive purchased gems and got ridiculous amt of duplicates from those suprise boxes, this was the most worth it to me that Ive paid for gems.

That is what I did in both BS/RS when mine dropped down to 40. I'd much rather spend them on that, then worry about them being taken by a trap or having the price raised on me again.