PDA

View Full Version : Border Collie WAY too expensive!

amaltheamyst
02-28-12, 08:38 PM
I think the title says it all. I do pay for gems for some things, but I think the cost I'd the border collie is absolutely ridiculous. I like to work my way to finish collections and to finish the high jump it would cost over $100 dollars!!
I can't possibly be the only one who thinks this is crazy.
Please make this animal a more reasonable price so that the goal is a little more attainable.

Aneru
03-01-12, 12:01 PM
Yeah, completely agree. Why are all these new animals that cost gems 7 or maybe 15 gems but the Border Collie is as much for a new bed to use for breeding? Additionally, Team Lava was STARTING to provide more opportunities to acquire gems and then completely fell off the wayside. Again. You're going to lose players if you don't remedy this. It's simply wrong to make Gems a form of currency when the only way to acquire them is by paying money. Even the Smurfs game gives you their gem equivalent for milestones. Why has that yet to become your programming practice?

dalula
03-01-12, 05:15 PM
Youre not the only one, many people, including myself, have complained about the price.

texasgirl2012
03-02-12, 09:48 AM
It appears as though the price has gone up considerably since I first started playing...hopefully they will bring those prices back down soon.

m1Lk4
03-08-12, 10:50 AM
I think it is morally wrong to put gem prices to animals or items that are REQUIRED to complete goals with. (e.g. border collie, fish tank, bengal)
This makes players feel as if they can never complete the goal and might force them to buy gems. Gems should be on optional things that are not required for goals. That way people can have a choice on whether they want to buy gems or not.

Another matter is of course the price of gems. Are they real gems? Did you excavate them from a mine, lava team? Why on earth are they so expensive????!!!!:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(

DaojinWildfire
03-09-12, 04:07 PM
I think it is morally wrong to put gem prices to animals or items that are REQUIRED to complete goals with. (e.g. border collie, fish tank, bengal)
This makes players feel as if they can never complete the goal and might force them to buy gems. Gems should be on optional things that are not required for goals. That way people can have a choice on whether they want to buy gems or not.

Another matter is of course the price of gems. Are they real gems? Did you excavate them from a mine, lava team? Why on earth are they so expensive????!!!!:mad::(:mad::(:mad::(
Do you happen to know the name of the quest that requires the Border Collie? We can let the team know about this and see if they can lower the price.

texasgirl2012
03-09-12, 05:08 PM
Do you happen to know the name of the quest that requires the Border Collie? We can let the team know about this and see if they can lower the price.

I think they are referring to finishing the dog collection that earns you a tree frog...which is required to complete the bull frog quest.

m1Lk4
03-18-12, 07:59 AM
I think they are referring to finishing the dog collection that earns you a tree frog...which is required to complete the bull frog quest.

That's right Texasgirl2012!
The goal is called "Ribbit!". To breed a bullfrog you need a frog. To get a frog you need to complete collection "High jump contest". For that you need at least 312 gems for the parents (2 border collies and 2 bengals). I don't know if we'd need any more for breeding the kids, as I have obviously not got that far! Also not sure if gems might be required for the bullfrog itself...
In any case, my argument is there shouldn't be any gems required to complete goals, but only for optional decorations that look cool but are not necessary to play the game.

Can anyone tell me in all honesty if it is possible to earn 312 gems just by completing other goals? If so, then I can be patient until then, but I somehow doubt it... :-(

m1Lk4
03-18-12, 08:06 AM
Also the fish tank costs 29 gems and you need to buy one for the sprucing up goal!

acrecce
03-19-12, 01:35 AM
I agree about the whole paying gems to complete goals thing. A few things TL should considder

1. Some ppl cant have a CC to buy gems, either by being their choice, being underage and parents wont let them or some may even be black listed
2. Not every player lives in the US and thus have different currencies, making the conversion from their currency to USD freaking really utterly expensive and not possible

Can anyone tell me in all honesty if it is possible to earn 312 gems just by completing other goals? If so, then I can be patient until then, but I somehow doubt it... :-(

Doubt away, cos in the time ive been playing PSS i have "obtained" 2 GEMS in total from goals, currently there are NO other open goals that reward gems, and for me there will probably be none also cos i cant get NEW goals before finishing the current ones, and cant finish the current ones cos i dont have anough gems.................viscious circle this one.

Why cant we earn gems like in the other games?
For example........

Each 2nd time you level up, you get 1 gem
Each time you completely upgrade certian pets playpens you get a gem
Playing with nbr pets a certain amount of times will reward a gem
Having a certain amount of pets will reward a gem
Expanding your shop right around (Side + Bottom) will reward a gem

But then again if they do this now Ill lose out BIG time hehehehehehe
But these are suggestions, try some please TL we need to have the choice to buy or earn gems

Oh and dont say enter competitions for gems, cos then the diff countries comes into play again...........almost each contest has been started between the hours of 2AM and 4AM my time, and mostly Im asleep then.............did anybody take this into account when starting new contests? Again its just the times when its convenient for US players

trace35
03-20-12, 04:27 PM
I agree it is annoying not to be able to complete any goals without gems. I know however as this is a way for them to make money from the game, a compromise would be to do what is done in zoo2 , which is have maybe just a couple of goals that don't need gems to complete?! That way people without gems can still keep ticking over new goals:)

m1Lk4
03-29-12, 01:46 AM
Hey acrecce, thanks for that! There are contests? I had no idea! Where? In the forum? Or in the game?
Xx

m1Lk4
03-29-12, 01:56 AM
I agree it is annoying not to be able to complete any goals without gems. I know however as this is a way for them to make money from the game, a compromise would be to do what is done in zoo2 , which is have maybe just a couple of goals that don't need gems to complete?! That way people without gems can still keep ticking over new goals:)

I know they need to make money, but they won't get any from the players who can't or won't buy gems! Emotional blackmail is not a solution, and just upsets players who will end up giving up! Half my neighbours in pet story have quit already. The same does not happen in bakery story where you don't need gems for goals (not yet anyway).
Wake up TL you're losing players here! :-(

By the way there are people who want to buy gems in order to buy the extra cool stuff that looks nice, which they don't need for goals, but they WANT to have in their shop. And that's how it should be. If they feel forced to buy, I think even they'll stop playing...

acrecce
03-29-12, 03:23 AM
Hey acrecce, thanks for that! There are contests? I had no idea! Where? In the forum? Or in the game?
Xx

Here . . . http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!

mingboo
03-29-12, 09:20 AM
I love to have the broder collies but I am not paying 596 gems for a family! I will stick with my husky!

madisonmm6
03-29-12, 10:26 PM
I agree. I have noticed that since I have been getting higher in levels that non of my goals can be met without buying gems. I can't get anymore animals or breed anything else without buying gems. And all my goals require gems as well right now. I'm at a stand still :( There should be another way to do it without having to spend money.

meyer22
04-03-12, 07:27 AM
Virtual pets should not cost more than live pets, just sayin. The tree frog alone is over $90, please. Only a total idiot would pay for that.

cayln666
04-25-12, 02:54 AM
Hi all, ESPECIALLY TL staff.

i just wanna give my 2 cents worth about the border collie. i know these issues have been raised before, but i havent seen any resolution or explanation.

1. is this not a typo? cause the 2nd highest gem priced animal is the yorkhire terrier for 39G, so an additional 110gems is extremely excessive. hence maybe a typo.
2. since we cannot earn gems, this price becomes completely irrational.
3. the gold we receive according to the image is "+8 "gold per 18 mins, but a breed information document says it returns 32 gold per 18 mins, could someone please explain what this initial amount is and how this initial amount is calculated per animal? what we see is what the image displays, IE: +X coins per Y minutes. what do we actually receive?
4. the amount of coins received is completely irrational.

let me explain point 4.
lets compare the bengal and the border collie since they both require gems. (using the breed database created by DLP44)
bengal cost == 7 gems
border collie == 149 gems

bengal returns 120 coins per 60 mins. (rank 1)
border collie returns approx 96 coins per 60 mins (lets take 32 coins x 3) (rank 1)

can TL really justify the price vs the return?

why cant it be a ridiculously high cash price like the american eskimo or the ferret or even the basset hound? at least thats still obtainable.

i know there are ppl out there like me, willing to spend real cash on the game, but come on, 149 gems for an animal that returns so little? and no, the goals we can complete does NOT compensate in any way since we need to probably spend gems on those too.

TL, this has to be a typo, it makes no logical sense.

please explain to us, what your logic is for making the border collie 149 gems.

and lastly, i am not trying to be a menace, there is just no possible way that TL can expect ppl to actually buy the collie, let alone 4 of them!

greenwolf47
04-28-12, 02:34 PM
I agree, I love this game but it is just so expensive. I mean I can't even change the name of my shop unless I pay 10 gems. That is ridiculous! It's my shop, I should be able to change its name without any cost.

cayln666
04-30-12, 05:03 AM
my main concern is the border collies. the money return per animal i'm going to approach TL again, cause i havent found anything about it on the forums.

but i am starting to realize that the more expansions you get the high the price and the amount takes a long time to accumulate...

but thats a whole other ball game.