PDA

View Full Version : Magic Box?

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:28 PM
I'm considering using gems to obtain the magic box. Is it a permanent item that allows the user to open and receive special items more than once? Or is it a one-time purchase? One-time purchase meaning the user must spend 24 gems each time to open the magic box and receive one special item.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:29 PM
have you read the forums, dont even consider it you wil lose out big time.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:45 PM
have you read the forums, dont even consider it you wil lose out big time.

I have read the forums? the posts I've seen regarding the magic boxes are mostly people complaining about receiving similar items each time. None of them clearly state whether it's permanent (for example, something that be accessed once a day) or one time.

I'm interested in it for decorations, so I don't particularly mind receiving the same stuff, but if it's not permanent, I'm not wasting my gems.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:57 PM
the stuff is permanent, but they can take their servers off at any time which will stop you from playing the game and then you cant use what you paid for any more.
Hope that makes sence for you

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:34 PM
the stuff is permanent, but they can take their servers off at any time which will stop you from playing the game and then you cant use what you paid for any more.
Hope that makes sence for you

Yeah, that makes sense. I don't think my original question was clear enough. I was trying to find out if the magic box itself is permanent after spending the 24 gems (used multiple times) or if it costs 24 gems to open it each time.

That question may not be any clearer than the first one. Eh, I've already spent too much time inquiring about an item on a game that should be explained in the help/FAQ section of the game. I've seen a lot of players with a lot of special items, so I wasn't sure if they unlocked tbe box and received a special item daily or if they were spending actual cash to get gems to open the box several times.

Death Farmer
10-31-10, 02:48 PM
Yeah, that makes sense. I don't think my original question was clear enough. I was trying to find out if the magic box itself is permanent after spending the 24 gems (used multiple times) or if it costs 24 gems to open it each time.

That question may not be any clearer than the first one. Eh, I've already spent too much time inquiring about an item on a game that should be explained in the help/FAQ section of the game. I've seen a lot of players with a lot of special items, so I wasn't sure if they unlocked tbe box and received a special item daily or if they were spending actual cash to get gems to open the box several times.

You get one (1) item with your 24 gem purchase. Ever. To access the box again, you need to buy it a second time. If the impressions of the forum are to be believed, there's about a 99% chance that you will be unsatisfied with whatever you get. So you will feel tempted to throw additional money into the hole, trying to fix whatever perceived injustice has been played upon you. Let me just say that the injustice only grows with each purchase you make.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:59 PM
You get one (1) item with your 24 gem purchase. Ever. To access the box again, you need to buy it a second time. If the impressions of the forum are to be believed, there's about a 99% chance that you will be unsatisfied with whatever you get. So you will feel tempted to throw additional money into the hole, trying to fix whatever perceived injustice has been played upon you. Let me just say that the injustice only grows with each purchase you make.

Thank you! That was the answer I was looking for.

I don't spend money on in-app purchases; I even refuse to pay for app store apps. I was going to use the gems that I have earned in restaurant story from game play (mastery of dishes), and I think they gave 15 or so gems to start, but I'll just keep saving them now. Thanks again for answering.

Unregistered
01-25-11, 04:27 PM
Thanks, this helps with what I was wondering too!

Also, I see a lot of people with recipes and food items that I don't have available, even though I'm at the same or a higher level....why is that? Are those special items?