PDA

View Full Version : Forum Signature.

TheRandomDude
02-26-12, 01:31 PM
Hey, I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place.. This doesn't really have anything to do with the games but it does with the forums. I've seen people have signatures on the bottoms of their messages, I logged onto the forums, went to setting and pressed Edit Signature. After I'm done making it, I press save signature and it suppposedly says that it saves... But whenever I post anything the signature doesn't show up or anything.. What's happening? Do u have to post certain amount of x to get signature or is it that people see my signature but I don't... Plz reply!

trenae
02-26-12, 01:42 PM
Hi TheRandomDude -

Unfortunately some profiles (those that do not show post count, member status, etc) under their forum name are not able to use some of the forum features (signatures, editing posts, etc.).

pinkster73
02-26-12, 01:43 PM
If you joined after April 2011 you're out of luck.

greygull
02-26-12, 01:44 PM
There's a glitch in the forums - anyone who registered after April 12, 2011 (Rachael98 came up with the date), does not display a signature or the information thats under a members name (look under mine on the left side). TL has been trying to correct it, not sure when it will be.

Rachael98
02-26-12, 02:03 PM
There's a glitch in the forums - anyone who registered after April 12, 2011 (Rachael98 came up with the date), does not display a signature or the information thats under a members name (look under mine on the left side). TL has been trying to correct it, not sure when it will be.

As ToastyRock (I think) once said, it will be "soon"TM.

I'm fairly knowledgable about phpBB, and Forum software etc, but I'm really stumped at this.

They've only found a way to fix the SuperMod accounts, but it could be done to only around 800 (or less) others, and they'd have to be done individually. As well as being time consuming, GM has a list (literally) or reasons why he won't do it. He did say that they were hoping to make changes...and as I was talking about that, I presume he meant changes regarding the vB glitch.

ariesblu
02-26-12, 04:35 PM
If you joined after April 2011 you're out of luck.
Which is ridiculous.

Rachael98
02-26-12, 04:42 PM
Which is ridiculous.

It's not TL's fault (unless it is, which it may be...).

Actually, scrap that - TL say it's vB's glitch, but looking through the vB Forums, it doesn't say anything elsewhere and I have a hunch that it might have been an accidental error from TL's end from the ACP Usergroups section. It may be, or may not. I've not seen, I can't judge.

pinkster73
02-26-12, 05:27 PM
It's TL's fault regardless. They accept defective product from Vbulletin.

queentina3
02-26-12, 05:59 PM
Peronally I don't believe TL has really tried very hard with Vbulletin to get it resolved, as I bet they don't want us really having access to doing that kind of thing as they would have to monitor things even closer. Vbulletin, if even asked, would've responded or had it resolved by now. Issues like this wouldn't linger unless someone wanted them to. Just my .02 worth. :p

pinkster73
02-26-12, 06:05 PM
Peronally I don't believe TL has really tried very hard with Vbulletin to get it resolved, as I bet they don't want us really having access to doing that kind of thing as they would have to monitor things even closer. Vbulletin, if even asked, would've responded or had it resolved by now. Issues like this wouldn't linger unless someone wanted them to. Just my .02 worth. :p

Exactly. Make that 4 cents.

DaojinWildfire
02-26-12, 07:02 PM
There is no reason we would want these features blocked from users. If anything, we would want these features to work for everyone's account, as it would keep them active in the forums.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as contacting vBulletin to resolve this issue. Not all vBulletin forums function the same way, as they will definitely include their own custom code. We have reached out to vBulletin for assistance, as well as our own team members to resolve this issue, but we do not have any new information at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

atlantisonearth
02-27-12, 06:25 PM
You guys should hire admins to fix the accounts individually... mass hiring... it has worked for my company during the oil spill, we rescued a TON of animals.

ariesblu
02-27-12, 06:29 PM
You guys should hire admins to fix the accounts individually... mass hiring... it has worked for my company during the oil spill, we rescued a TON of animals.
They wouldn't even need to fix everyone's anyway (at least in the beginning stages). There are a lot of inactive/0 post users anyway.

atlantisonearth
02-28-12, 04:50 PM
They wouldn't even need to fix everyone's anyway (at least in the beginning stages). There are a lot of inactive/0 post users anyway.

However, there are 4.5K active users... :/

atlantisonearth
02-28-12, 04:51 PM

And BTW, they only worked part-time, some volunteers, some of my own paid workers.

queentina3
02-28-12, 05:21 PM
They could just start by post count and work their ways down to the 0 or non-active posters.

TheRandomDude
02-28-12, 06:09 PM
They could just start by post count and work their ways down to the 0 or non-active posters.

If they ever do decide I fix this, they should do it that way... They can even not do anything about the 0 post users because usually people that wanna use these features are active members and 0 posting members could care less about these..