PDA

View Full Version : What actually happens when my happiness is down?

aud1a
02-26-12, 12:46 PM
Some people block their doors to prevent visitors from becoming 'angry'.
Today someone kindly advised me to do so as well.

But to be honest I don't see the point of it. Coz even if my happiness is down to 42, my drinks will still sell and my counters will clear, so what's the point?

Also, if I don't watch the game very often (during a normal working day, for example), my happiness will not fall dramatically.

And finally, what happens when there's 'no happiness left'? Game over? Start boozing IRL? :)

Would like to hear from your experiences.

ariesblu
02-26-12, 01:16 PM
From what I know happiness doesn't play a factor in your earnings. So I guess having 100% in happiness is just for aesthetic purposes.

pops1972
02-26-12, 01:35 PM
All my little people are miserable at the moment. I ran out of coins and food. Ha ha ha. And also declined all the food gifts. Oh dear! I'll let you know how it turns out My:)

greygull
02-26-12, 01:48 PM
Lower happiness means less people coming in at once. Once you have more drinks out, more people will start coming in again. Blocking the door could result in a quick sale - where everything you just served gets sold within a very short amount of time, but you do earn the coins for it.

Interesting point - your happiness will not decrease if you are not in the game. So if you serve your drinks, maybe tip/dance a few neighbors, go back to your place and exit the game, your happiness will be the same when you open it again.

aud1a
02-26-12, 01:53 PM
All my little people are miserable at the moment. I ran out of coins and food. Ha ha ha. And also declined all the food gifts. Oh dear! I'll let you know how it turns out My:)

You should probably talk to them more often. And play some classical music. Some people say this works with plants, so why not with the pink freaks?

aud1a
02-26-12, 02:01 PM
@greygull thanks!

So you say "could result in a quick sale", you're not sure? Or does it sometimes work, other times not? Randomly?

Rachael98
02-26-12, 02:04 PM
@greygull thanks!

So you say "could result in a quick sale", you're not sure? Or does it sometimes work, other times not? Randomly?

It's bad to quick-sell.
However, no one to date has been able to establish a pattern of whether it will or will not happen if you block the door.

kooky panda
02-26-12, 02:09 PM
@greygull thanks!

The quick sell happens randomly .Since blocking the door is not part of the game, there is no clear cut way to prevent or have a quick sell when you block your door.

aud1a
02-27-12, 04:07 PM
I 'checked in' to my club tonight and my happiness was down to a dramatic 17. Here's what happened....

Sally entered the room, had a seat. Christie entered the room, walked straight to the dance floor to dance. Then Harry entered the room. He must have been thirsty, because he went straight to the bar. Unfortunately, all drinks were still in the making. Enter Robert. Robert didn't feel like walking and went to the nearest counter: "I've had a rough day. Get me some booze." Nobody served him. Robert and Harry exchanged desperate looks. Or was it something else? They were last seen leaving together.

Meanwhile Christie, a novelist with a writer's block, had noticed all men had left the building. "I'll have a drink", she sighed. People enter en leave the club now. Sally was probably too drunk to even notice that there were constantly four people in the bar. And they seemed all seemed rather depressed, but not completely unhappy. On a scale of 100 they seemed to rate 10. Constantly. Luckily, no one's happiness was lower than 10. And it stayed that way, even though more people left the club.

Finally the bartender entered: "Sorry guys, I ran out of Stratofortresses but I'm ready to serve y'all now!" He served over 6000 Stratofortresses in less than 10 seconds. What a hero! Word quickly spread about the miracle bartender and more people came in. All significantly happier! At the end of the night, Christie went back to her place without a man, but with a Nobel Price winning novel in her head. Sally was put in a cab and survived the hangover the next day. Harry and Robert lived happily ever after on a ranch in Texas. 200 out of 100.

-THE END-

Rachael98
02-27-12, 04:20 PM
I 'checked in' to my club tonight and my happiness was down to a dramatic 17. Here's what happened....

Sally entered the room, had a seat. Christie entered the room, walked straight to the dance floor to dance. Then Harry entered the room. He must have been thirsty, because he went straight to the bar. Unfortunately, all drinks were still in the making. Enter Robert. Robert didn't feel like walking and went to the nearest counter: "I've had a rough day. Get me some booze." Nobody served him. Robert and Harry exchanged desperate looks. Or was it something else? They were last seen leaving together.

Meanwhile Christie, a novelist with a writer's block, had noticed all men had left the building. "I'll have a drink", she sighed. People enter en leave the club now. Sally was probably too drunk to even notice that there were constantly four people in the bar. And they seemed all seemed rather depressed, but not completely unhappy. On a scale of 100 they seemed to rate 10. Constantly. Luckily, no one's happiness was lower than 10. And it stayed that way, even though more people left the club.

Finally the bartender entered: "Sorry guys, I ran out of Stratofortresses but I'm ready to serve y'all now!" He served over 6000 Stratofortresses in less than 10 seconds. What a hero! Word quickly spread about the miracle bartender and more people came in. All significantly happier! At the end of the night, Christie went back to her place without a man, but with a Nobel Price winning novel in her head. Sally was put in a cab and survived the hangover the next day. Harry and Robert lived happily ever after on a ranch in Texas. 200 out of 100.

-THE END-

Are you an author? That was amazing!

aud1a
02-27-12, 04:24 PM

Rachael98
02-27-12, 04:28 PM

No, seriously - are you?

queentina3
02-27-12, 04:56 PM
aud1a, that was hysterical and very well written! I had a "clone" table hop, dance, and go to a counter before finally leaving the club. I hope she took a cab home. :p