PDA

View Full Version : Copycats

4boyzmomma
02-25-12, 02:19 PM
Is there anything against other people copying the layout of your zoo? There is a user that asked me if it was ok for her to copy my zoo and I told her I would rather her use my zoo as inspiration to make hers unique but she is still copying it, exactly. Is there anything I can do about it. I worked rather hard to make my design unique.

kooky panda
02-25-12, 02:28 PM
No rules against players copying other players designs.

pinkster73
02-25-12, 02:48 PM
That's tacky. Maybe suggest some changes to her to help hers be unique.

Rachael98
02-25-12, 02:54 PM
There are no rules, but I understand that you might be upset by it.

Like Pinkster said, suggest some things.
The one thing I'd not recommend doing is attacking it, as you'll likely make a slightly irritating issue big.

pinkster73
02-25-12, 03:17 PM
Or wait until she's done, then change yours. Repeat as needed.

cupcakes4cece
02-25-12, 03:34 PM
There are hundreds of thousands of players. The chances of anyone seeing, much less caring about, two identical zoos is close to zero.

Also, given the very limited deco options, there is no such thing as a truly unique zoo. They all start to look alike after a while. I have yet to see anything I would really call unique.

Rachael98
02-25-12, 04:00 PM
There are hundreds of thousands of players. The chances of anyone seeing, much less caring about, two identical zoos is close to zero.

Also, given the very limited deco options, there is no such thing as a truly unique zoo. They all start to look alike after a while. I have yet to see anything I would really call unique.

It's unusual, however, to see two completely identical ones - especially after it was requested that the design was used as inspiration, not to be copied.

ariesblu
02-25-12, 05:09 PM
Yeah there's no rule, but I agree in the tacky-ness of the situation.

sehana
02-27-12, 10:37 AM
Try not to let it bug you too much, then it might take over and cause you not to enjoy the game as much. It is odd that the person would not want to make it just a little unique.

But think of it in a positive way and that your zoo is so amazing that a person would want to replicate it, :) :)