PDA

View Full Version : Can a guy play this game?

HyperNova1986
02-24-12, 11:50 PM
Ok, before anyone jump on me and say "ur gay.. Playing a girl game?" i want to let people know i thought this game is interensting. I got hooked playing this game after watching my wife play it. Now i play bakery, restaurant, farm and zoo story 2 along with this one. I can choose a male avatar in those game. I think teamlava should make a male avatar in fashion story too and maybe add few male clothings? In reality i'm sure there are male owners to clothing stores. Comments on this are welcome! :D

333sandy
02-25-12, 12:06 AM
I know there are other guys playing. I totally sympathise with your avatar, just call it your store mannequin instead.

Ic3e
02-25-12, 12:16 AM
I agree with the male catalogs and avatar versions since I'm a guy too.

queentina3
02-25-12, 08:57 AM
I agree with the male catalogs and avatar versions since I'm a guy too.

Yeah but you make me jealous, you can make your avatar's look so pretty and I can't, and I'm the girl! :p

Rachael98
02-25-12, 09:07 AM
I just can't get into it, because I'm a terrible fashionista:p. But I like the game, and I'm a guy (despite the name).

mtytomlinson
02-25-12, 09:12 AM
Yeah but you make me jealous, you can make your avatar's look so pretty and I can't, and I'm the girl! :p

Haha I agree with this! :) ic3e is good at drawings too..

Limaxa
02-25-12, 10:02 AM
I think it would not be cool if there where male avatars and clothes.. That's the Point Why i like it.. It's a girl game.. With pink and glitter:) but why not make a male version of Fashion Story..?

pinkster73
02-25-12, 11:23 AM
Some of the best fashion designers are men.

dalula
02-25-12, 12:23 PM
Of course, there aren't any rules that say a male can't play fashion story :)

cupcakes4cece
02-25-12, 02:27 PM
I have a male friend whom I'm friends with on every game. So, one time, I decided to see if he had a Fashion Story shop, because that was the only game we weren't friends on at the time, and he had never mentioned playing it. So I typed in his ID and yup, there it was. It was a really cute shop, too.

I'm sure lots of guys play it and are just embarrassed to admit it. Which just goes to show that we live in a pathetically sexist society. :-(

I think a male avatar option would be great, plus some male fashions! And kids, and plus-size... I think there are many ways the game could be better and more diverse.

chinatownchic
02-25-12, 02:57 PM
I m man and play this game!!! My shop is very pretty lol

Rachael98
02-25-12, 03:00 PM
I have a male friend whom I'm friends with on every game. So, one time, I decided to see if he had a Fashion Story shop, because that was the only game we weren't friends on at the time, and he had never mentioned playing it. So I typed in his ID and yup, there it was. It was a really cute shop, too.

I'm sure lots of guys play it and are just embarrassed to admit it. Which just goes to show that we live in a pathetically sexist society. :-(

I think a male avatar option would be great, plus some male fashions! And kids, and plus-size... I think there are many ways the game could be better and more diverse.

I don't think encouraging "plus size" is good (though neither again was the anorexic promotion that appeared in a goal at some point), but it'd definitely make it more diverse. They'd just need to be careful how the did it (eg. NOT making separate plus-size catalogs, but an option within each catalog).

Ic3e
02-25-12, 05:58 PM
Why are you guys jealous of me? I'm just a teenage artist whose failing at math and eating poppycorn xD Oh and I also like to make CORNY jokes! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Ah........But still why be jealous? I'm not that good with fashion if you take a look at my closet (my real one) it's mostly baggy jeans and over sized t shirts :/ and some are nice stuff of course for special occasions like Prom or Catillions or Family reunions or Thanksgiving or Christmas......etc.

pinkster73
02-25-12, 06:00 PM
Why are you guys jealous of me? I'm just a teenage artist whose failing at math and eating poppycorn xD Oh and I also like to make CORNY jokes! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Ah........But still why be jealous? I'm not that good with fashion if you take a look at my closet (my real one) it's mostly baggy jeans and over sized t shirts :/ and some are nice stuff of course for special occasions like Prom or Catillions or Family reunions or Thanksgiving or Christmas......etc.

Catillions? (Maybe don't say you go to catillions :p)

Ic3e
02-25-12, 06:01 PM
I think it would not be cool if there where male avatars and clothes.. That's the Point Why i like it.. It's a girl game.. With pink and glitter:) but why not make a male version of Fashion Story..?

Like a seperate app? Well I guess that WOULD be fine only because it'd be too much of a hassle to scroll over that many pages of the Female catalog just to get to Males. So a seperate app? Okay!

ariesblu
02-25-12, 06:04 PM
There are tons of men who exclusively design clothing for women, so I don't think you'll lose any cred for playing this game.

Ic3e
02-25-12, 06:04 PM
Catillions? (Maybe don't say you go to catillions :p)

Well I'll go to one next year because my schools gonna do one. I'm gonna be forced into an itchy suit and be forced to dance :D won't that be fun? I'm gonna hate that cotillion......well except the food

pinkster73
02-25-12, 06:11 PM
Well I'll go to one next year because my schools gonna do one. I'm gonna be forced into an itchy suit and be forced to dance :D won't that be fun? I'm gonna hate that cotillion......well except the food

Food and girls = worth it

atlantisonearth
02-25-12, 06:43 PM
Food and girls = disaster (for me)

mtytomlinson
02-25-12, 07:01 PM
I agree. It's still part of fashion anyway so why not put it into the game? :)

HyperNova1986
02-25-12, 10:20 PM
It was be great if Team Lava implant a male avatar in the game. I also have seen many males in fashion designing careers. Having male clothings would be great! They should not make a whole different game just for male cloths. That would be just waste of their time and other resources.

Limaxa
02-26-12, 08:04 AM

Oh no.. Not plus-size.. Horrible..but Children Fashion sounds good

rcb4118
02-26-12, 11:13 AM

But the fashion world is comprised of an overwhelming amount of men. Most of the top designers for various houses are men. And even a lot are straight. It's 2012. Gender stereotypes don't play a role anymore :) So why should a game?