PDA

View Full Version : Forum Features not Working

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 11:55 AM
I can't see my icon on my posts! My signature keeps getting erased! Is there a problem with the system with this, or is it only for VIP members? If it's for VIP member, maybe it should only show up on their screen to add, not non-VIP members. How do I become a VIP member? I feel discriminated by popularity and join date.

Also, I make many many mistakes when I type and sometimes some of them slip my correction and get posted. You ought to make a way that us new guys CAN edit posts, create signatures, and have our avatars show. Important info I want to point out on every post is too long to type over and over again. My tablet does not feature copy and pasting items that are not "editable".

Otherwise, I'm going to have to ask the admins to correct some of my previous posts and my future posts with mistakes to make them more accurate and understandable.

queentina3
02-24-12, 12:13 PM
Most users can't have avatars, use signatures, or edit our posts. That only worked for a 1 one period last April and those that signed up for the forums then have that access. Something is broken in the database for these forums and they've tried to fix it but have been unsuccessful as to date. Many people make errors when posting, as long as what you post gets the general point across, I wouldn't worry about having to have the mods fix your grammar or spelling mistakes.

kooky panda
02-24-12, 12:42 PM
Members that registered before April 12, 2011,(thanks Rach for this date) have the ability for signatures, editing and deleting their posts.

If you have a big mistake or need a post deleted, just send a PM to a moderator or CM (http://forums.teamlava.com/showgroups.php)

Please give a link to the thread , the post number and what you want edited.
(to send link- right click the post number, hit copy, then you can right click and hit paste in the PM.)

nmishii
02-24-12, 12:43 PM
You can also post after with the correction if the typo isn't obvious or changes the context.

Rachael98
02-24-12, 05:21 PM
There is a known bypass, but unfortunately it would only be possible for around 1,000 (or just less) users, and would waste GM's precious time.

I really hope it's fixed soon.

Yes, I got that date based on the fact that I registered on the 20th (though annoyingly I spent about 10 days prior to that familiarising myself with it before signing up, so I just missed it), and that drift was the 4th. Then I physically searched every user ID between us (around 300) to find where it broke.

TheRandomDude
02-29-12, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately, the only wy to fix this isto Fix an account one by one.. This could take ages!