PDA

View Full Version : Something to do with the Merchant and Failed Purchases.

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 09:32 AM
I've noticed that when you purchase on a new card, the merchant grabs $1 to check to see if your account is good. If the purchase fails the first time on a new card, the merchant does not remove the $1, because it's still waiting for the purchase to be completed. So then forever on, you have 1 missing dollar on that card, and that dollar not only is a bummer, it prevents you from purchasing anything else from that merchant... for the merchant is waiting for that purchase to complete and will not allow any other purchase to go through until it is. So unless you see the $1 get put back into your account, you can't make another purchase from that merchant, and all future purchases from that merchant will fail.

I have that problem right now. I have a $60 Debit Card, and my purchase succeeded, but I recieved no gems. I later got the $50 back, but the $1 the merchant used did not get returned, leaving me with 59.00. I tried a couple of purchases, but they all failed with no results. This is the same for all my other cards. The only card that succeeded was the $25 gift card that I got first, and no purchases failed on it.

I need someone to get to the merchant and clear up the $1 authorization issue so I can try to purchase the gems again.

(Pending Purchases)

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 09:34 AM
PS. I'm using Android 3.2, and my ID is "TheDragonZoo"

pinkster73
02-24-12, 10:05 AM
You should get your $1 back.

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 11:46 AM
The pending request is gone, but I still haven't recieved the $1 on any card. I'm using Walmart Visa

pinkster73
02-24-12, 12:16 PM
Phone the number on the visa

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 01:30 PM
It's an automated call service with only an unhelpful FAQ and no human-to-human service. They don't have an email address to email to, and after continuous asking, Walmart says they don't deal with the Money/Gift card for service, and told me to call the unhelpful number. Visa itself does not have a phone number, for it a manufacturer of the Visa cards, not it's actual services or sellers.

Wierd walmart doesn't deal with the gift card when baring the name "Walmart" on the card. Their website only has a "FAQ" section for help, which is the same as on-the-phone.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 01:38 PM
It's an automated call service with only an unhelpful FAQ and no human-to-human service. They don't have an email address to email to, and after continuous asking, Walmart says they don't deal with the Money/Gift card for service, and told me to call the unhelpful number. Visa itself does not have a phone number, for it a manufacturer of the Visa cards, not it's actual services or sellers.

Wierd walmart doesn't deal with the gift card when baring the name "Walmart" on the card. Their website only has a "FAQ" section for help, which is the same as on-the-phone.

Welcome to the new World of customer service!!! I am only 50 and I went from stores kissing my butt to keep business to Mega-stores, now using my Microwave for a month and saying waiting for a part. And from US, I have called so many times for other things and get India, Phillipines etc. Had one answer while she was breast feeding her child and TOLD me to Hold till she was done. Yet wad a USA company that I will no longer deal with.

pinkster73
02-24-12, 01:41 PM

Usually after you pick a bunch of options during the automated call you will get a person.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 01:48 PM

Walmart was built on greed and using cheap help. Walmart does not check anything on Employee Applications and Uses a lot of Older People to Greet, etc.. at their doors, that I don't have a problem with, but do when they need extra to make medicare payments, then after a few months, lay off so not 6 months in. And Walmart will classify as too OLD even if hired at 70, for that reason. Or if been there a few years and your salary is going up.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 01:50 PM
Usually after you pick a bunch of options during the automated call you will get a person.

I just keep hitting "0" till goes thru, works on most.

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 02:28 PM
Wow, so you're saying Walmart is bogus for money business? I should've thought twice before buying through it!

pinkster73
02-24-12, 02:30 PM
Wow, so you're saying Walmart is bogus for money business? I should've thought twice before buying through it!

That is his opinion. Some people really like Walmart.

TheDragonZoo
02-24-12, 02:33 PM
Okay. But I can see where his point is, and I agree with him toward his point in that view. But I also agree that walmart is widespread enough to encompass even the most remote of towns, which is a plus, considering some towns might instead have no superstore.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:39 PM
I won't say all, but It seems to be their practice. They will honor everyone's price here and refund the difference if overcharged and you can prove that someone else cheaper, with an ad or receipt, then you will be issued a Walmart card for difference, after dealing with the minumum wage HELP?/Costumer Service desk for an hour at at least at the store. So unless it was a Big Screen HDTV, it is not worth time or getting blood pressure up to go after.

But they are blocking you, so go into store and !!!

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:42 PM
That is his opinion. Some people really like Walmart.

Sorry I have seen it and since SAMMY died they got worse with his kids running it. They are non union and I know at least 4 people that were managers there and when they hit a certain pay rate, were told not useful anymore, but we can hire you back in 6 months if you work 39 hours a week and you lose all your benefits

pinkster73
02-24-12, 02:43 PM
I only shop at Walmart early in the morning. All those people walking around freak me out :p

pinkster73
02-24-12, 02:44 PM
Sorry I have seen it and since SAMMY died they got worse with his kids running it. They are non union and I know at least 4 people that were managers there and when they hit a certain pay rate, were told not useful anymore, but we can hire you back in 6 months if you work 39 hours a week and you lose all your benefits

Lots of companies are like that.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:45 PM
USA law says that you have to get whatever benefits they offer if work 40 hours a week. And yes, that may not have to kick in right away , but it does have too.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:46 PM
Lots of companies are like that.

GEE, Guess who they all learned it from?????

pinkster73
02-24-12, 02:47 PM
The piggly wiggly

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:49 PM
Well Ray Krok too

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:52 PM
If you don't know who Ray Krok was, started McDonalds as a chain and got legislation passed to reduce the minimum wage.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:54 PM
He claimed it was to have teens learn value of money, so instead of the extra buck an hour they got uniforms that they had to clean and a free hamburger.

pinkster73
02-24-12, 02:54 PM
What a Krok. Tee hee

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 02:56 PM
Forgot that free Meal was after shift and guess what you got the throw aways.

pinkster73
02-24-12, 02:57 PM
20 years ago I was the bun toaster at a McDonald's :)

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 03:01 PM
What a Krok. Tee hee

Shhh, that may be taken wrong....Crock pot...Crock Pot..Crock Pot.........I still have that stupid song in head from other thread, that farmer posted. WhatsamatterU, Song out when I was So Much Younger Then Today, What's a matter U, Y U looka so sad, It's a Nica place, Get outta my face.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 03:03 PM
WOW, you warmed that?????, I thought I turned on dial??, didn't know Bun warmers in the back

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 03:05 PM

Well in canada or US 20 years ago?

We had different rules

pinkster73
02-24-12, 03:08 PM
Canada. Buns were slightly toasted.

iusedtobedigusr
02-24-12, 03:15 PM
LMAO, because the BUNS to cold to start with, so a slow roast by the grill helped.