PDA

View Full Version : Coins disappearing

cotichick
02-24-12, 06:38 AM
My coins are disappearing . For weeks now when I get coins the game take them away. And when I take coins fromytables my neighbors sends me it deducts from my money also. I am very frustrated and it has taken me forever to get in touch with anyone to tell them abouty problem. I have lost at least one million over the last three weeks in coins

kattybell
02-24-12, 06:53 AM
What version of the game are you using?

cotichick
02-24-12, 07:05 AM
1.4.1 version

kooky panda
02-24-12, 08:24 AM
You will need to download Resturant story Valentine Game from the app store. Version 1.4.3
This is the most current Restaurant game that has the bug fixes.

cotichick
02-24-12, 10:43 AM
I have that new version now. Is there any way to get my coins and experience back that I lost?

nmishii
02-24-12, 10:53 AM
No, sorry. TL won't adjust for the coin/XP losses.

TheRandomDude
02-24-12, 05:36 PM
At least it worked when u got the valentines version :) no need to worry anymore about losing coins

garywgg
02-25-12, 05:30 PM
The bug exists in Valetines version too. After I downloaded this new version, it still occurred to me quite often that overnight takings went missing.

In most cases, forceclose helps get the coins back, but you have to be really quick, i.e. you have to forceclose within the first few seconds after the coins go missing. Otherwise it doesn’t work.

I have noticed a connection between the pop ups and the missing coins incidents. When log in and after the coins earned message appears, if it’s followed by a pop up, the coins are safe.
However, if it’s a peaceful restaurant without any disturbing pop ups, then the next second the coins total jumps back to the original with latest earned coins disappearing.
This connection never fails in m restaurant, so I guess missing coins is just a punishment for us hating and not seeing pop ups…LOL

DaojinWildfire
02-27-12, 04:31 PM
Are you leaving the game minimized in the background when you are not playing the game?

nicjak
02-28-12, 09:32 AM
I have, today, deleted and reloaded Restaurant Story to see if it fixes the problem of disappearing coins but no. What Is the point of playing a game that doesn't give you coins to earn and save?? Are Teamlava waiting for us all to buy gems instead???? Get the problem fixed or there won't be a game worth playing

kooky panda
02-28-12, 09:36 AM
I have, today, deleted and reloaded Restaurant Story to see if it fixes the problem of disappearing coins but no. What Is the point of playing a game that doesn't give you coins to earn and save?? Are Teamlava waiting for us all to buy gems instead???? Get the problem fixed or there won't be a game worth playing
What is the version of the RS game you are playing? under menu- help in game.

nicjak
02-28-12, 09:41 AM
I got the valentines version and it hasn't worked for me! Still losing coins each time I leave the game for more than a short time.

monching12345
02-28-12, 09:51 AM
I had same problem yesterday. I lost about 200,000 coins. It all started by me getting an out of sync message. Once it refreshed, i had a negative balance. I then closed the game and my coins were at 0. I uninstalled /reinstalled the game but got the coins were back to 0. It's keepings my coins now but how do I recover my coins that mysteriously disappeared?
I am using valentines ver. 1.4.3

I emailed TL but said it would be a few days.

kooky panda
02-28-12, 10:05 AM
I got the valentines version and it hasn't worked for me! Still losing coins each time I leave the game for more than a short time.

I had same problem yesterday. I lost about 200,000 coins. It all started by me getting an out of sync message. Once it refreshed, i had a negative balance. I then closed the game and my coins were at 0. I uninstalled /reinstalled the game but got the coins were back to 0. It's keepings my coins now but how do I recover my coins that mysteriously disappeared?
I am using valentines ver. 1.4.3

I emailed TL but said it would be a few days.
question- when you leave your game are you closing the game out, or letting the game run in the background?

monching12345
02-28-12, 05:54 PM
I would say 75% run in the background. When the issue occurred, the game had been running in the background.
What are my chances of getting my coins back? I actually took screenshots when it happened.

nmishii
02-28-12, 06:11 PM
%0 chance of getting your coins back. A lot of people lost a lot of coins in the past few months similar to how you're were lost. No known refunds.

JohnDede
02-29-12, 08:52 AM
I've been watching this for 3 days to figure out what exactly it was doing to me. I usually just blank the ipad screen at night, and let it go. When I opened it this morning, it rolled my coin count back to where I blanked the screen (@ 66,000 coins), and put back all the food that was on the counters last night. Before I did anything else, I removed all games from the ipad memory.

When I restarted the game next, it started from the intro screen. My coin count was correct, and all the food used overnight was gone again. Had I started to play again, without clearing the memory, so it would pull everything from the server, I would have been stuck in the game at the place where the screen was blanked, and the overnight gains would have been lost.

Simple solution is to shut the games down at night, clear the memory, shut off the device, or do whatever is necessary, to make the game start from scratch in the morning, rather than just resume running from where you stopped playing. Otherwise, the server is letting the device memory roll back, and if you start playing from there, your over night gains will be lost.

DaojinWildfire
02-29-12, 06:16 PM
If you are not playing the game, we recommend that you close the app instead of leaving it running in the background. Leaving the game running in the background can cause a sync error and there will be discrepancies in the game data on your device and our servers. It is best to close the app completely and open it again when you're ready to play to ensure you do not experience any issues with your coins.

lin77
03-02-12, 12:04 PM
My coins are disappearing in the game too and I have a Kindle Fire, which they just released it to us, so I know I have the latest version. There is still a bug in it TL, when are you going to fix it? It should be top priority!!!!!!

DaojinWildfire
03-02-12, 06:47 PM
My coins are disappearing in the game too and I have a Kindle Fire, which they just released it to us, so I know I have the latest version. There is still a bug in it TL, when are you going to fix it? It should be top priority!!!!!!
Are you leaving the game minimized in the background or do you exit completely when you are not playing the game?

lin77
03-02-12, 09:17 PM
Are you leaving the game minimized in the background or do you exit completely when you are not playing the game?

Nope I'm not. When I exit the game I push the arrow button on the lower Kindle Fire taskbar, I do not just push the home button! I have also deleted and reinstalled the app everytime I notice it does this, but it doesn't permently fix it! It is VERY annoying!!! Obviously there is a bug in the game and should be reported to the appropriate people, cuz there are a lot of others experiencing the same problem!!

lin77
03-04-12, 04:27 PM
When are you guys gonna fix this bug?????? I am sick of excuses and making it sound like its our fault for our coins disappearing. Again today i had to delete the app & reinstall it in order to get my coins back!! I went on the game and noticed the amount in my banner and then within a min or so I literally saw it count down and a huge chunk was gone! I am tired of this!!! Fix it already! :mad:

Its happening in BS too! I literally saw it eat my coins. Went from 4,000 down to 2,000 in less than a minute!! Had to also reinstall the app to get those coins back...I did get them back..... but no one should have to do this!!!!!!!! :mad:

Do u even care? U sure don't act like it by ur replys to us!!! NO I AM NOT LEAVING IT RUN IN THE BACKGROUND & YES I HAVE THE LATEST VERSION FOR BOTH GAMES!!!!!!!!! :mad:

nocz
03-05-12, 03:08 AM
my foods are disappeared recently...T__T
i just want to cry><
some foods may cooked for 1-2 days,and then maybe they are all disappeared just after 1 second...=_=

monching12345
03-06-12, 11:37 AM
This happens to me everyday. I would have to open game, close game completely then come back. I wonder how many coins I've lost since I started playing last year.
It is a pain to do what we have to do just to prevent losing coins.
What is TL doing to try and fix issue?

TL did respond to my complaint and said that they will not give me lost coins back as well as collectibles should those mysteriously disappear.

I should just re-name my restaurant Free Food.

mamashafer
03-13-12, 06:30 AM
I'm getting notices I've earned x number of coins while I was away but the amount in the account is much less - by $10,000 this morning. Also I seem to lose coins when I bring up the menu to add items or rearrange them.

I've only been playing for a week or so so I should have the latest version for android (I got it the day it was available) but I just reinstalled it and am still not getting the coins it says I've earned. I'm playing on a Kindle Fire.