PDA

View Full Version : TV

Green4life1
02-22-12, 04:53 AM
What's your favorite show/channel on tv? Well mine is Disney channel

kattybell
02-22-12, 05:06 AM
Glee is one of my favorite shows. Channels I enjoy watching are FOX, ABC, AMC. :)

Limaxa
02-22-12, 05:29 AM
My favourite show was "V" but it ended after season 2 :( at the moment i'm just watching scrubs and how i met your mother on Pro7

RealFarmer1222
02-22-12, 01:41 PM
I'd have to say Dr. Who is my favorite TV show.

Others I usually always watch are "House", "NCIS", "The Big Bang Theory", "The Simpsons" and "Breaking Bad". I also like "pawn Stars", "storage Wars" and "Jeopardy".

kattybell
02-22-12, 01:42 PM
I'd have to say Dr. Who is my favorite TV show.

Others I usually always watch are "House", "NCIS", "The Big Bang Theory", "The Simpsons" and "Breaking Bad". I also like "pawn Stars", "storage Wars" and "Jeopardy".

I like Breaking Bad too. :)

pinkster73
02-22-12, 01:44 PM
I watch House, the Walking Dead, ncis, the first 48, storage wars

casadolce
02-22-12, 01:48 PM
My latest favorite is The Firm.

atlantisonearth
02-22-12, 02:44 PM
I like Friends and Psych

Rachael98
02-22-12, 02:48 PM
Doctor Who?

Whoo, the BBC have made an internationally popular program:D.

I'm boring with TV. I like BBC Watchdog and...I've forgotten the one other program I like (showing my devoted enthusiasm to it:p).

Nah, I'm happy with TL games.

viviansmo
02-22-12, 03:23 PM
I used to watch House... Got bored with it; far too predictable.

I guess my favorite shows when i bother to watch would be Bones, Glee, The Closer, Big Bang Theory.
Shows not currently in syndication would be Joan of Arcadia, and the Pretender.

I'm also a "contest show" junkie (I don't like calling them "reality" when they really aren't real :p): project runway/pr all stars, next cooking show star thingy (I don't recall the actual name), next design star, celebrity apprentice, amazing race, etc.

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 03:48 PM
OK, now you have to consider I get bored easily and usually do at least 2 things at a time and commercials for hair, body, time of month, a lawyer, weight loss, etc etc Ad nauseam, My brain seems to have learned how to filter out, well not filter it all but it alerts me when show is back on. So the shows I watch on TV if I don't use a few sites I know to DL and watch that hour show in 42 minutes and stay interested throughout instead are. And I have to check my Local listings because I am sure forgot some like I do when on. But gotta love DL's or On Demand.

AMC /The Walking Dead
ABC/ Once upon a time
CBS/ NCIS and NCIS LA, Unforgettable
FOX/ House and Fringe
USA network/ Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Fairly Legal, In Plain sight, Royal Pain, Fairly Legal, Psych, Suits and White Collar
Syfy/ Eureka and Warehouse 13

For noise factor and lighting and mindless "shhh don't tell anyone but some cartoons have more adult references from creators then fart jokes in them today". Watch..
Nicktoons, Disney, Nick.

I'm sure I forgot some but since I can usually find online and miss a few weeks I just catchup if was really interested.

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 03:52 PM
OMG, I forgot BBC America to watch DR WHO and Graham Norton. Well DR Who repeat, since usually airs a week before in UK before USA and places you can watch a live stream from UK on Comp.

RealFarmer1222
02-22-12, 04:26 PM
Doctor Who?

Whoo, the BBC have made an internationally popular program:D.

I used to watch the "old" version (w/ Tom Baker and Peter Davidison) when it aired on PBS in the US, IT wasn't until 2 years ago when I got DishTV (and thus BBC America) that I got to watch the "new" one; which is even better than the old one.

RealFarmer1222
02-22-12, 04:30 PM
I used to watch House... Got bored with it; far too predictable.

It's pretty formulaic, but they still have some surprises, like how Cuddy got written out. Plus, I think the Chinese doctor they added this year is the funniest character yet. It's done after this season, though.

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 04:32 PM
Sorry I liked Tom Baker with his Jelly Bellies, Got my girl into it before she died and she had never even heard of Dr Who, but at 1-2 pm on Saturday when the Live Stream comes on from BBC a week before it was in US, She would Bug the Hell outta me to check the timer for when it started.

lanicefaith
02-22-12, 04:32 PM
Greys anatomy,criminal minds,leverage,true blood,American horror story,bazzare foods,nickelodeon,dsc,animal planet

RealFarmer1222
02-22-12, 04:34 PM
I like Breaking Bad too. :)

Breaking Bad is awesome. Alas, it's done after this season, too.

RealFarmer1222
02-22-12, 04:37 PM
Sorry I liked Tom Baker with his Jelly Bellies,

IIRC, they are "Jelly Babies". In the "new" version, the Master offered them to his wife right before he ****ed the President and took over the world. I just about fell out of my chair!

dalula
02-22-12, 04:42 PM
I watch NBC, ABC, FOX and sometimes the news.

I currently watch the voice, the river, american idol, the news, once upon a time, AFV, and wheel of fortune.

I dont have cable. lol

freshfoods
02-22-12, 04:42 PM
I like Friends and Psych
I love psych!

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 04:45 PM
I am sorry but my observation on most programming is that The Morons think every show has to be a SOAP, even with a successful show they turn it into a SOAP, because the women from age 20-50 are not watching it as much as they think should be and the demographics say they should so they can advertise the newest tampon etc!!!

Hell us guys watch Football on teams we hate for one reason, WE DON"T CARE if you woman feel refreshed with this brand of toilet paper or this is easier to apply and guess what we all get grey and your hair if flat on head stays flat and grey there still, you want bouncy buy a trampoline.

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 04:48 PM
IIRC, they are "Jelly Babies". In the "new" version, the Master offered them to his wife right before he ****ed the President and took over the world. I just about fell out of my chair!

I am sorry I was hungry since no meat today and I forgot about it, So mind confusion. And yes I love that Moffet brings in the Old as side jokes.

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 08:07 PM
I forgot the food channel and food TV, I made awesome dinner for my mother today!!!!!!!!!! Gotta love when a 73 year old woman can smack her lips and love "grilled cheese and tomato soup".

pinkster73
02-22-12, 08:32 PM
Oh I love food network, and kitchen nightmares. I love Gordon Ramsay.

pinkster73
02-22-12, 08:33 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-18-1.jpg

spuds2011
02-22-12, 08:38 PM
Pretty little liars all the wayyyyyy

jessuisbelle
02-22-12, 08:40 PM

I love all of his shows :)

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 08:47 PM
I like Worst cooks in America, as we are called "The city of brotherly thugs" is now winning it. But then MEN are better chefs anyway. But I did use a fusion of Bobby Flay and Sunny Anderson's recipes to make a roasted tomato soup that kicked. And frankly, Making a grilled cheese dipped in egg was great with bread I bought.

RealFarmer1222
02-22-12, 09:39 PM
I was going to name my Resturant Ramsey's Kitchen, but settled on the "RustyPlow"

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 09:55 PM
I was going to name my Resturant Ramsey's Kitchen, but settled on the "RustyPlow"

I named mine after my Grandma who said "IF you don't like it, don't eat it", Why I learned how to cook.

ariesblu
02-22-12, 10:00 PM
Supernatural
Parking Wars
Rupaul's Drag Race
1 Girl 5 Gays
World's Dumbest
The First 48

pinkster73
02-22-12, 10:01 PM
I forgot criminal minds. I've seen every episode. At least twice.

iusedtobedigusr
02-22-12, 10:03 PM
Supernatural
Parking Wars
Rupaul's Drag Race
1 Girl 5 Gays
World's Dumbest
The First 48

I was on an episode of Parking Wars when was filmed in Philly.......lmao

queentina3
02-22-12, 10:04 PM

I love him.

I used to watch House but not anymore, stopped partway through last season. Bones, Fringe, and Doctor Who are my most watched, I even get the DVDs for them. Anything else is just if I happen to be bored and don't feel like watching a movie I've seen a bajillion times, I click through the channels. I HEAR NCIS more than I watch it, as it's my husbands favorite show, and I sometimes sit and watch some episodes, but not avidly like the others. :)

ariesblu
02-22-12, 10:08 PM
Wow that sounds so fun. I won't delve into what episode that could have been though..I guess lol.

ariesblu
02-22-12, 10:09 PM
I forgot criminal minds. I've seen every episode. At least twice.
Used to watch it a lot, but haven't really been paying a lot of attention since Prentiss and JJ first left. But I will always think their 100th episode was one of their best.

pinkster73
02-22-12, 10:12 PM
Used to watch it a lot, but haven't really been paying a lot of attention since Prentiss and JJ first left. But I will always think their 100th episode was one of their best.

But they're back! I'm in love with Reed, my daughters in love with Morgan.

pinkster73
02-22-12, 10:13 PM

Maybe I saw you :p

MommaLouKC
02-22-12, 10:36 PM
I love TV. I watch more than a human should. My obsession is 1. Supernatural. 2. Big Bang Theory 3. Justified. 4. True Blood and Game of Thrones. The rest is too many to list. What I can't catch on first run, I catch on demand. I love TV. 

greygull
02-22-12, 10:41 PM
Between my DVR, Netflix, and Hulu - I rarely watch live tv anymore. I can't stand commercials anymore, so anything that helps cut them out is a good way to go for me. The only two exceptions - Haven and True Blood. I wish they had longer seasons - I don't want to wait until the summer!

queentina3
02-22-12, 10:42 PM
Between my DVR, Netflix, and Hulu - I rarely watch live tv anymore. I can't stand commercials anymore, so anything that helps cut them out is a good way to go for me. The only two exceptions - Haven and True Blood. I wish they had longer seasons - I don't want to wait until the summer!

Even On-Demand now keeps commercials in, which is extremely annoying!!!

greygull
02-22-12, 10:45 PM

I tried getting into On Demand - they never had anything I wanted to watch, and on the rare occasion I could find something, they wanted too much money for it. I don't mind paying for services I want (like Netflix), but not $7 for a 24 hour rental of a movie. Though I haven't been to Blockbuster in a long time, I thought they were (probably no longer though) like $1.99 for a 3 day rental.

ariesblu
02-22-12, 10:46 PM
What is annoying is that you can fast-forward on some shows, but not others. I've found that on the Fox shows I can't fast forward, but others (like TruTV), I can.

queentina3
02-22-12, 10:50 PM
I tried getting into On Demand - they never had anything I wanted to watch, and on the rare occasion I could find something, they wanted too much money for it. I don't mind paying for services I want (like Netflix), but not $7 for a 24 hour rental of a movie. Though I haven't been to Blockbuster in a long time, I thought they were (probably no longer though) like $1.99 for a 3 day rental.

I only go to the Free Movies or the TV Shows sections, those you don't have to pay for. :p

What is annoying is that you can fast-forward on some shows, but not others. I've found that on the Fox shows I can't fast forward, but others (like TruTV), I can.

I know!!!!!! Most of the shows I want to watch are the Fox ones, like catching up on Bones or Fringe when I've missed a show. A few times I've had to watch Terranova as me and my 11 year old missed it due to his projects. I think we missed the last 2 episodes of that and they aren't even showing up in the menu anymore. :(

RealFarmer1222
02-25-12, 02:29 PM
I tried getting into On Demand - they never had anything I wanted to watch, and on the rare occasion I could find something, they wanted too much money for it.

On Dish, new releases are only $4.99/day and sometimes only $1.99. I maybe watch one every other month. And no commercials.

jellybelly2001
03-18-12, 12:39 PM
Mine are,
Life Time, Dance moms
Fox, Glee
Food network, Cupcake wars, Chopped, Worst chefs in America, and Sweet guinness

piggiful
03-19-12, 03:25 PM
Wait, does this thread have to be PG13?
My favorite channel is actually netflix.....breaking bad, switched at birth, borgia, tudors and the army wives are the latest shows I'm hooked on.

lylahmae
03-21-12, 09:28 PM
I don't have cable or dish just an antenna(free!) My favorite channel is PBS Detroit has 3 PBS channels and 2 of them don't broadcast the pledge drives so its almost all I ever watch. My favorite show lately is Downton Abbey but POV is the best in my mind

RealFarmer1222
03-22-12, 12:35 PM
On PBS, I like watching Antique's Roadshow, The Woodwright's Shop, The MacLaughlin Group, and NOVA.

I wish they'd still put Bob Ross on.

dexdine12
03-22-12, 09:31 PM
#1 Dr. Who...Tom Baker's my fav (jelly babies and ginger beer!)
#2 Red Dwarf...watched it on PBS I think and then they had it not to long ago on Netflix "Watch Instantly". Now it is DVD only - boo hoo! Nobody does these shows like the Brits!
#3 Gordon Ramsay (any show)
#4 NCIS - okay one of my only non-British choices :)

copycats
03-22-12, 10:33 PM
mine is food network (channel 232)

Ic3e
03-22-12, 10:39 PM
I don't watch TV anymore because it's sooooooo boring now. But if I do happen to watch TV. I watch some Anime, Disney Channel, Disney Junior (with my baby bro), Nick, Teen Nick, and random reality shows.......

What did you expect from a melodramatic, awkward fourteen-year-old boy with nothing to do but watch TV, play Fashion Story, and work on his grandmother's farm? Yes, I'm a farm boy :P

jingga_farm
03-22-12, 10:51 PM
My favorite channel is Disney Channel, Star World, AXN, BBC Knowledge, NGC and Animax.
Well my favorite TV show is Wipeout, Beauty and the Geek australia, Masterchef australia, K-On!, Naruto, Sergeant Keroro,
Phineas and Ferb, seconds from disaster, orangutans diary, monster hunters, idaten jump, 101 ways to leave game show,
Amazing race, Fairy Tail, Glee etc.

lylahmae
03-24-12, 06:34 PM
On PBS, I like watching Antique's Roadshow, The Woodwright's Shop, The MacLaughlin Group, and NOVA.

I wish they'd still put Bob Ross on.

Detroit's PBS has a Sub-channel called create and Bob Ross is on a lot

RealFarmer1222
03-26-12, 08:19 AM
Mad Men returned after year+ hiatus last night.

The social dynamics in that show are very intriguing.