PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Gems!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 07:25 AM
Recently I had purchased a Magical Clam....for the outstanding price of 24 GEMS....Thats a whopping 5$ ! most apps are cheaper than that for a complete game. But after I had bought this item...I went to click ok to get out of the menu and ....ended up using ....24 MORE GEMS How insane is that?

So basically I'm here to ask for a refund or i'll have to delete this app...that seems to be stealing my money. Not to mention the countless times it had eaten gems that I had worked hard for, or the times food just dissapears because of the "News" button disconnecting me :).

So what shall it be? Refund of the amount stolen or deletion of an app that seems really overpriced.......

Unregistered
10-31-10, 07:31 AM
I purchased gems for the first time on Friday night. I had 47 gems total and now only 27. I spent NONE of them but now they are gone. I want mine back!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:22 PM
Yeah, Alot of people seem to be having this problem. My main point was the gems don't come cheap, and at 5-10$ for gems, atleast people who purchase them should get good customer service...

Unregistered
10-31-10, 05:57 PM
An email to teamlava

Dan, Oct 29 17:04 (PDT):
: Dear teamlava,
I do enjoy your games immensely but writing to tell you how upset I am that I accidentally spent 10 gems last night on 10000 coins! I had just bought a 250 000 coin update and went to put food on to cook and hadn't realized how low on coins I was. I just clicked it through on auto pilot, just thinking I was putting food on to cook. I was planning to buy some special items after the size upgrade! Now I'm just sad.

Please take this option away! Nobody would ever mean to spend 10 gems on 10000 coins! It just doesn't equate.

Response from teamlava

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately we aren't able to reverse player transactions. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Yours,
TeamLava Support Amaranth

Response from me.

Hmmm, you could replace the gems I'm sure. What you are saying is that you don't, not that you can't . There is a difference.
You hear of this happening a lot on the forum, there really shouldn't be an option to buy coins for gems! The exchange rate is absurd! No one would do this on purpose.*

No response from teamlava!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 06:44 PM
It's ben a while now, and still no reply from my email. I'm not sure if it was just ignored...Or being delt with however I noticed today that I had gotten two "statues" for 5$ each . . . that in itself is insane.. Not to mention the mermaid statue dosent even load. It would be great for a refund, hardly doubt it is a possibility however..

Unregistered
11-18-10, 02:05 AM
It's ben a while now, and still no reply from my email. I'm not sure if it was just ignored...Or being delt with however I noticed today that I had gotten two "statues" for 5$ each . . . that in itself is insane.. Not to mention the mermaid statue dosent even load. It would be great for a refund, hardly doubt it is a possibility however..

I see you're getting the same special red carpet treatment I've had from TeamLava.

Amaranth (wherever, whatever or whoever that may be) is completely incompetent.

I wish I could offer some words of hope, sadly not!

Unregistered
11-18-10, 01:40 PM
Hello, today I checked my restauraunt story, however I wnt to buy some tables for gems but I was unable due to mysterious drop of 10 gems. I had 11 gems and now for whatever reason, i only have 1. I know for a fact that i did not spend the lost 10 gems. I would like my 10 gems returned to me. Storm8 ID: sandy38 and level 38. Thank you.

Unregistered
11-18-10, 02:58 PM
So I tried to close out the design tab and my finger barely touched the "10,000 coins for 10 gems tab" and it immediately deducted my 10 hard earned gems! There was no "are you sure?" screen or confirmation. are these people serious? They expect you to pay for gems with real money and they have the nerve to take them away with any erroneous hand movement? I'm playing this game on my iPad ...touch sensitive by nature..it's not like on a computer where you can point and click deliberately! Sent TeamLava an email asking them to reverse the transaction...their brilliant response was "unfortunately we cannot reverse transactions..sorry for the inconvenience". INCONVENIENCE?? More like robbery. If money is used in an app. The very LEAST they can do is have a confirmation screen. This is incredibly irresponsible. SHAME ON YOU TeamLava...and IM telling everyone I know not to bother downloading or spending any money on your poorly thought out games.

Unregistered
11-18-10, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the advice Norman but you are basically saying "gee sucks to be you be careful next time". I think we all know touch screens are sensitive..that's our point. This game should have safeguards. It should be fairly easy to add a confirmation tab to every selection so why not do it.