PDA

View Full Version : Babyback Ribs Mastery

3squares
02-21-12, 02:28 PM
"C" is my abbreviation for "coins".

BBQ smoker costs 30,000C plus 30 parts. Mastery of the recipe means cooking it 83 times. Cost of the equipment amortized over "mastery" is

30,000C / 83 = 361 C

Assuming you purchase one smoker, the Recipe costs 600C, takes 4 hours and provides you with 500 plates which, when they sell at 4C per plate, give 2,000C, for a net profit per recipe of:

(2,000C - 600C) -361C = 1,039C
plus 53 xp.

This recipe will yield 4 gems, and

83 * 53 xp = 4,399 xp

Now, forget about amortization. Upon mastering the recipe,

If you purchase 1 smoker, your TOTAL profit in coins will be:
[(2,000-600)*83]-30,000= 86,200

If you purchase 2 smokers, your profit drops to:
[(2,000-600)*83]-60,000= 56,200

If you purchase 3 smokers, your profit drops to:
[(2,000-600)*83]-90,000= 26,200

If you purchase 4 smokers, you have a LOSS:
[(2,000-600)*83]-120,000= (3,800)

Except, of course, you will have obtained the 4 gems and xp noted above. If you purchase more than 3 smokers, you will have to cook past mastery to realize a profit.

nmishii
02-21-12, 02:38 PM
You get 2 gems, not 4 gems.

I built 6 smoker pits. I lost 63800. 63800 is nothing compared to the coins I lost because of TL's coin loss bug.

Some of the prices TL is charging is ridiculous. But if for coins I'll usually buy because I have a ridiculously large number of coins I'll never spend.

3squares
02-21-12, 03:32 PM
You get 2 gems, not 4 gems.

I built 6 smoker pits. I lost 63800. 63800 is nothing compared to the coins I lost because of TL's coin loss bug.

Some of the prices TL is charging is ridiculous. But if for coins I'll usually buy because I have a ridiculously large number of coins I'll never spend.

Whoops! Thanks for catching that!

you're right. I now have more coins than I know what to do with, no more expansions to look forward to. but I think if a player hasn't achieved the maximum expansion of his restaurant, this appliance is not a good buy.

nmishii
02-21-12, 03:40 PM
Whoops! Thanks for catching that!

you're right. I now have more coins than I know what to do with, no more expansions to look forward to. but I think if a player hasn't achieved the maximum expansion of his restaurant, this appliance is not a good buy.

By the time TL decided to charge a ridiculous price for some of their coin items, I had more coins than I could spend so it didn't really bother me. But if I were at a lower level there would be so much I'd miss out on because I'd rather save to expand than buy something that much overpriced.

sourlicorice2
02-21-12, 03:51 PM
I only bought one. Getting kind of tired of these one hit recipe wonders. It'll take me forever to master but don't care. Wasn't wasting parts to build mor Ethan one since there's only one recipe on it.

nmishii
02-21-12, 04:47 PM
I only bought one. Getting kind of tired of these one hit recipe wonders. It'll take me forever to master but don't care. Wasn't wasting parts to build mor Ethan one since there's only one recipe on it.

I wasn't going to buy a bunch but everytime I bought one I had enough parts for it. I bought and built 6 with existing parts. Then I finally stopped. Same for the cocoa machine in BS - I built 6 with existing parts. I can't see how many parts I have so I have no idea how many I have. I've mastered both recipes already, so I guess I bought too many.

I keep thinking they've got to release new recipes on the existing machines one day. Maybe I'm just being naive. Or stupid.

pinkster73
02-21-12, 04:49 PM
I wasn't going to buy a bunch but everytime I bought one I had enough parts for it. I bought and built 6 with existing parts. Then I finally stopped. Same for the cocoa machine in BS - I built 6 with existing parts. I can't see how many parts I have so I have no idea how many I have. I've mastered both recipes already, so I guess I bought too many.

I keep thinking they've got to release new recipes on the existing machines one day. Maybe I'm just being naive. Or stupid.

Or really pretty

bobbyrae
02-21-12, 05:06 PM

Right now i've stopped baking any food at all in bakery. I just have no space to put all those counters. I haven't cooked anything since Friday and nothing seems to be moving so I'm just using the time to build appliances. I've mastered almost everything in bakery except the newer stove recipes and the cocoa maker. I bought about 6 of them.

I mastered the dehydrator with only 4 machines. Just bought two more just in case we get more recipes on that. Also just bought 2 more fruit chocolate dip just in case. So i may also be naive or stupid. Come sit by me. :p

In restaurant i mastered the candy hearts with only 3 machines. I bought 6 :p i bought 4 smoker pits so i think i'll stop there and just count my losses.

pastrychef17
02-21-12, 05:58 PM
My strategy is if it's only got 1 short-time recipe on it, I buy fewer of them. In Bakery, I only built 4 of the dehydrator because it only had a 1 hour recipe and I was able to master it with just 4 machines in little time. I built more of the candy cane maker because it was time-limited and because I thought it was pretty, lol. They also hadn't released such a flood of one-recipe appliances back then. I did build more of the truffle makers (9) because it had 2 recipes and you needed it for goals. I built 10 of the full chocolate dip because both recipes had longer cooking times. But I only built 5 of the hot cocoa maker and don't plan on building anymore unless they release more recipes for it. In RS, I only built 5 of the smoker pits and am close to mastering the ribs. Mastered the hamburger sliders on the outdoor grills with just 4 grills because it was only a 2-hour recipe.

Like bobbyrae, in Bakery, I have so much food on my counters that I could stop cooking and just use my appliance slots to build more and more appliances. Which I might do once I finish mastering all the recipes (5 more to go) just to have something to do in the game. I'm playing less and less these days as I get closer to mastering all the recipes.

fecsuper
02-22-12, 11:42 AM
If you purchase 1 smoker, your TOTAL profit in coins will be:
[(2,000-600)*83]-30,000= 86,200

If you purchase 2 smokers, your profit drops to:
[(2,000-600)*83]-60,000= 56,200

If you purchase 3 smokers, your profit drops to:
[(2,000-600)*83]-90,000= 26,200

If you purchase 4 smokers, you have a LOSS:
[(2,000-600)*83]-120,000= (3,800)

Except, of course, you will have obtained the 4 gems and xp noted above. If you purchase more than 3 smokers, you will have to cook past mastery to realize a profit.

Thanks for this, I was thinking that making 2 outdoors grills, do not worth, because it only have 1 recipe, but I didn't found how to calculate this. now with your idea, is perfectly clear that 1 recipe appliances do NOT WORTH, to buy more than 1. Maybe only if you want to mastery them by time (even loosing money).

Just remember:
Level 1, do not give you a GEM, only COINS, and XPs.
Level 2, gives you a GEM
Level 3, do not give GEM, just COINS and XPs.
Level 4, gives you a GEM.

Sometimes GEMS worth to loose COINS, depending on what you want to do. In my case, I will not construct more than 1.
I already did 4 chocolate machines, so I am sure I already lose coins.

Thanks for the IDEA !!! Great Thread !

fecsuper
02-22-12, 10:58 PM
BTW
Mastering cooking give you.
level 1 : 2000 coins, 20XP
level 2 : gem
level 3 : 4000 coins, 100XP
level 4 : gem

ultrafrog
02-22-12, 11:55 PM
Having more of the appliance means you can attain mastery faster.

It's also easier to have multiple appliances cooking that same recipe so you don't have to constantly be checking into the game to prepare food.

What are you going to do with all the materials anyway? I like to build about 6 of the one hit wonder appliances until the next batch of appliances comes out.

There is some logic behind why TL is releasing 1 recipe appliances. It slows down how fast high level players can master them. If a recipe is released on a regular appliance, players can burn through preparation on 20 appliances quickly. Having to construct all these appliances gives us something to do..

bawpotter
02-23-12, 05:29 AM
Very interesting. Maybe TL did this one purpose to keep us waiting longer...?

3squares
02-23-12, 05:51 AM
Having more of the appliance means you can attain mastery faster.

It's also easier to have multiple appliances cooking that same recipe so you don't have to constantly be checking into the game to prepare food.

What are you going to do with all the materials anyway? I like to build about 6 of the one hit wonder appliances until the next batch of appliances comes out.

There is some logic behind why TL is releasing 1 recipe appliances. It slows down how fast high level players can master them. If a recipe is released on a regular appliance, players can burn through preparation on 20 appliances quickly. Having to construct all these appliances gives us something to do..

Not build any more Nacho machines, that's for sure! They are so ugly, the recipe takes one day, and I'd rather use the parts to complete my collection of "easy" appliances.

I understand the logic behind this theory of "why so many one-hit wonders?", but I hope no more are released for awhile!

3squares
02-23-12, 05:54 AM
BTW

Thanks, fecsuper! I will remember these extras if I do another calculation.

sehana
02-23-12, 05:55 AM
Interesting :) good to know. I usually just get 5 of each appl. It may make more sense to build fewer for the shorter recipes and more for longer recipes. But I don't usually have the time to play more than a couple times a day, so I just get at least 5 of each :p and 12 - 18 of the original appliances.

fecsuper
02-23-12, 05:53 PM
BTW

In fact, I miss some information, correct information is :
level 2 : gem plus 50XP