PDA

View Full Version : Major bug in restaurant story.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 07:05 AM
Food cooks and can be served

Once served, seems customers are happy and eating. ( I'm at 100 happiness)
Food count appears to go down, then resets up
Leave the game then when u come back, mssg says. You've earned so much while away, but coins are actually depleted.

TEAM LAVA, there is a major bug with the game. Not even a minor like occasional crashes. MAJOR

one that will lose u players very fast.

I play all ur games and have pd u real money, haven't for this one yet. Was about to, glad I didn't.

Please just admit you know about the major flaw and tell us u r working on it, and your game fans will understand and appreciate the admission. Stay silent and or deny like Norman did on another thread and your fans will b frustrated and angry all the more. Please, just fix it.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 07:40 AM
ditto...please fix this problem!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 08:09 AM
I also have seen my coins count going down like the others, and think this might be due to your not making sure the game's "last second" of progress gets sent to the game servers correctly.

If s, this looks to be a very bad disconnect problem between people's games and your servers. How exactly are you keeping everything in this game in sync? Because you moved into a "pseudo-" real-time game with "Restaurant Story", what I think you did with the periodic synchronization of the game with the servers isn't going to work well.

For example, I closed my game with 14517 coins. I then came back approx. 1 min later, and have a notice that says I earned 990 coins while I was away. However, I am seeing my new coins count being 14539 instead of the 15507 that I am expecting.

I also noticed that after leaving immediately and then coming back after another 30 seconds or so, I am still at the 14539 coins count, which may be correct (since so little time has passed). However, the same "You earned 990 coins while you were away" notice that I saw earlier showed up!

I then retested and had 13675 coins at approx. 1 second after a given minute started. After approx. 5 seconds after the following minute started (due to the game having to get the correct starting state from the game servers), or an elapsed time of 64 seconds apporox, I showed 13659 coins in my wallet. I did not get a "Coins earned" notice like before.

Some thoughts:

1. If you are not making sure that the game state is sent to the game server when someone exits, please do so. Maybe keep the game in the background or something even though it's off the screen, or adjust the retrieved state (after a restart) with the most recent data saved when the player exits last.

2. The amount of time that has to pass between one save from the player's side to the game servers and the next save looks to be too long. You might consider shortening it or saving the states more often locally and then update + adjust on updates.

"Restaurant Story" should be a pseudo real-time simulation game, so what worked for "Farm Story" and "City Story" isn't going to work too well here, IMHO.

Thanks,
Owner, "Cafe Dizzy"

Unregistered
10-31-10, 09:36 AM
this is also the same problem I am having and I am not receiving my correct amount for food that has been eaten. i have been staying closed till they fix this problem. if it doesnt get fixed soon i will quit playing.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 09:43 AM
Same issues on my game also, very frustrating and I have given up with it for the time being as its unplayable :(

Cristina

Unregistered
10-31-10, 09:44 AM
It's happening to me too. Closing till it's fixed

Unregistered
10-31-10, 09:47 AM
When I cook, the coins are taken for the food but I'm not receiving any when completed and served. Also, I lose coins each time I leave my restaurant (not game).

Unregistered
10-31-10, 11:08 AM
Still happening. Went to check. Last I had 173000 coins, all counters full of food. Happiness at 100. That was two hours ago.

Now down to 162000 ish, still have all my food, and happiness still at 100

Obviously t.l. Isn't even bothering or acknowledging the problem. A simple "we are aware and working on" would be nice, but nuthing from them. Only silence. All who paid for gems should contact apple for a refund.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 11:40 AM
My coins are going down even though I have a full restaurant and all my counters are full. Earlier in the week (pre-update) it took me 1 day to collect 50k since the update yesterday morning, so far I have only made 10k in two days. The update a spoilt a fun game :(

Unregistered
10-31-10, 11:43 AM
I just noticed this problem myself! Sucks when you are trying to build up coins!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 11:54 AM
I was really enjoying this game.. making lots of money and moving up the levels quite nicely.. now i'm stuck!!! .. hardly making any money, having to cook for 2 days as the food is never ending... no point whatsoever playing now...please do another update and get it sorted??

Inter
10-31-10, 12:21 PM
stopped playing nothing works anymore......

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:37 PM
Same problems here. Loved the game but am leaving until this is acknowledged/fixed soon.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 12:48 PM
Anything from Norman and the gang on this yet? Don't get the update if u haven't done so, or u will b caught in a time warp. Your food lasts forever and your money slowly dwindles as if customers are bringing u food and u are paying for it.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 01:10 PM
If you delete the updated app and reinstall it, will you get the original version or updated one?

Sleepyhead
10-31-10, 01:24 PM
Just to show what te problem is, here 2 screenshots.
34000 Chicken Tenders
16000 Shrimp Kebabs
And I have still cupcakes from just after the update...

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2738/photo2j.png (http://img248.imageshack.us/i/photo2j.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3209/photo1lf.png (http://img146.imageshack.us/i/photo1lf.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Unregistered
10-31-10, 01:47 PM
Same problem as everyone else. Lost thousands of coins after closing and opening game again. I lose so Many things on there that there is no way I would consider paying for gems.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:07 PM
I am also losing so much money every time I open the game, I'm going to stop playing until this problem is fixed.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:17 PM
ive lost at least 30k in the past day. sort it out TL

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:45 PM
I just noticed this problem myself! Sucks when you are trying to build up coins!

today I only lost money instead of earning, and in 5 minutes you are out of sync, help

Unregistered
10-31-10, 02:54 PM
I noticed today that this is also happening to me and bits making me bad because im trying to build some coins and all you make me do is lose them, i wat foro you to return all my coins please and fix tris so i can expand my restaurant.

Ps: This is making you lose a lot of people, fix it.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 03:20 PM
Just bought a new counter for 10,000 coins. Game then goes "out of sync" and takes away my counter but doesn't give back the coins! Now I have a big space where the counter should be!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 04:21 PM
Instead of earning money I lost 10k today every time I open game my money drops even though it says I have earned whilst away please do something soon :( :( :(

Unregistered
10-31-10, 04:31 PM
I lost count how many times my coins disappeared :( and I lost them by the thousands. I am closing my place too until this and other bugs are fix. It is just plain frustrating. I can't imagine how irritating this must be for the people who bought gems. Fortunately, I haven't spend a dollar for this game.

joyjoyster
10-31-10, 05:07 PM
it's extremely annoying and frustrating. hope they fix it soon. lost tens of thousands of coins over the past few days not to mention using gems for cash in the beginning not realizing there was a bug.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 05:22 PM
I have the same bug! The food amount is like 19 when I check it, and when I check back 10 min. Later it's 765 plates. I am not selling any food this way. Before I leave, I have about 8,000 dollars or coins. When I return, it says I made 100 or so dollars, but I have 6,000 dollars instead! I did not spend money on anything before I left. I hope they fix this bug by their next update :) Their games are awesome!

Unregistered
10-31-10, 05:23 PM
I am having the same problem, losing coins when closing and reopening the game, also not getting as many customers as I used to before I installed the last update.

Meredith.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 05:36 PM
Getting the same problems here, although at first I thought had just mis counted.
Also found gifts are not registering once 'accepted'.
Shame, as farm and city story are great and this has potential.

Andrew

Unregistered
10-31-10, 05:39 PM
I try to purchase items, only to get the sync message which deletes my purchases without returning coins. I will quit this game until fixed

Unregistered
10-31-10, 06:25 PM
Just came on to see whats up. i am sorta relieved to see im not the only one, i thought it would be hard to explain my situation. i hope they fix this soon, this is such a fun game, but im not making money, and when i do it "disappears" i think ill close shop for now :(

Unregistered
10-31-10, 07:47 PM
Am i the only one or is there other players who also experienced this as well?
I finished cooking but I don't get the money that I was supposed to receive,
Like I should get back 350 coins after finish cooking clam chowder but i didn't get anything
only xp. My coins were little that's why I know I didn't get the 350 as I don't have enough
coins to cook the next dish!
This happened right at this moment that I am writing this feedback, I'm playing on iPad.
I can't cook anything now cos my coins just disappeared AGAIN cos it say out of sync :(

Another thing I would like to to point out, the money required for expansion
is too much, 250000 to 500000 is a big jump, not to say if we want bigger expansion.
It's not justifiable. You could have make it 350000, 450000, etc, at an increment of every 100000 pr whatever but another 250000 just to increase a few grids? that's too much!
With all these craps going on, food finishing at snail speed, when can we ever raise enough
Money to expand?! I am not going pay for gems for expansion, is this the ultimate motive?
It just sucks, sigh.

deadpix
10-31-10, 08:02 PM
Am i the only one or is there other players who also experienced this as well?
I finished cooking but I don't get the money that I was supposed to receive,
Like I should get back 350 coins after finish cooking clam chowder but i didn't get anything
only xp. My coins were little that's why I know I didn't get the 350 as I don't have enough
coins to cook the next dish!
This happened right at this moment that I am writing this feedback, I'm playing on iPad.
I can't cook anything now cos my coins just disappeared AGAIN cos it say out of sync :(

You don't get paid immediately after cooking the dish, you get paid AFTER your customers have eaten the 350 servings of Clam Chowder.

deadpix
10-31-10, 08:08 PM
it's extremely annoying and frustrating. hope they fix it soon. lost tens of thousands of coins over the past few days not to mention using gems for cash in the beginning not realizing there was a bug.

Yeah, I'm also closing my restaurant while the pest busters are at work ****ing of all the bugs that have infested the place :-)

Unregistered
10-31-10, 09:07 PM
Besides losing money and the food plates decreasing, the restaurant rating changes too. I have 3 stars...but after a while it's only 2 and a half stars. Please fix! I almost deleted this app, but I decided not to if this can be fixed. I'm on the edge of my patience and I'm sure others with Restaurant Story are like me too.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 12:51 AM
Also lost today tens of thousands of coins doing nothing but returning a few gifts, and food stays on the counters forever. Looks like the latest update tries to slow us all down by reducing number of diners, slowing down food consumptions and taking away our coins occasionally.

Until these are fixed I am closing for renovation...

Jordeman
11-01-10, 12:57 AM
Why do we as consumers never hear from the crew when it comes to bugs and stuff! Why are you here or anything to let you know that what we are working on the bugs!

Let's you hear about the bugs!

We suffer not that the food is sold and the money just goes away! GEMS go away when you buys what, am now lost 40 of those things !!!!!

We want to hear some of you, WHAT WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU STAND UP

lesleypsg1
11-01-10, 05:24 AM
I've collected tips, told I received a daily bonus and made money overnight, but food count the same as last night. Money seemed up a bit, to 170000 fro 163000 last night. But after leaving game and returning not ten minutes later, cash back to 163000

No sense collecting tips, and the daily bonus is a crock as the game will just loop u back to the point u were at when the bug invaded.

So totally frustrated that team lava hasn't even acknowledged so we are assured they are looking at it. At this point it seems they really don't give a ****. I spent over 150 real money in farm and city.

I don't care if they fix this now, they will never get one more penny out of me..don't care how many improvements they make.

I defended them in the past. Didn't mind paying for enhancements. I realize the costs of these products. Saw they looked at enhancement request. But this recent abandonment and disrespect of their customers....indefensible. Worst business move they could've made....pissing off their paying players. Not one more dime.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 08:43 AM
Still busted

Tinarra
11-01-10, 09:19 AM
Ditto to everyone that is haveing the major money troubles, I'm haveing them too and it is really starting to bug me to the point where I just don't see the point in playing anymore.

Another big problem I am having is that I'm redesign my resturant I buy a very expencive table and then it goes 'Oh Darn! Your resturant is out of sync' so then it resfreshes but I lose my table and the 50,000 that I paid for it!! And it's hard enough to get that cash up when it keeps disappearing for no good reason too.

I really hope these bugs get fixed, there not minor glitches, they are game breaking!
WE ARE ALL PLEADING WITH YOU TO FIX THESE PROBLEMS!!! PLEASE LISTEN TO US!!

Unregistered
11-01-10, 09:21 AM
Not only it must be fixed asap but we must be compensated big time for our time and money!

Unregistered
11-01-10, 10:03 AM
Team Lava developers:

Are you, by any chance, doing something technically good on your game servers like load balancing? For example, when one player goes off to visit another restaurant, that particular session gets unloaded from the server, and when he returns, that session gets reloaded back onto a server on the farm. If so, are you reloading the entire state fully after adjusting for the time spent away from your own restaurant?

Aside from the slow eating change - that looks to come from the new update that just came out - which causes me to slowly earn coins (and get a huge backlog of food) - I'm losing many more coins tonight - e.g., 10125 with 1 visit - than I had noticed earlier. It looks like the food cooked and eaten get reloaded correctly, so I'm seeing servings gone, but the coins get recovered from some backed-up data file or something instead.

Time this happened was 00:38 CST (that's China Standard Time, and not Central U.S.) on 2 Nov 2010. Platform is iPad 16GB on 3.2.2.

Thanks,
Owner, "Chez Dizzy"

Unregistered
11-01-10, 10:35 AM
As mentioned by many on this thread, a lot of my friends in the restaurant game and I are seeing a problem with our savings disappearing after existing/re-entering the game, accepting gifts and sometimes even random. I re-logged in to find out that I am 9000 short, others are reporting loosing 10K and more...

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

Unregistered
11-01-10, 10:42 AM
Come on, this is ridiculous. Just tell ppl u are working on a fix....that is, if u are.
If u all are just trying to drive ur customers nuts, then guess someone at team lava is sabotaging the business. They're doing a good job too.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 11:05 AM
Even worse i passed to level 18 and y reenterd the game only 5 minutes afther i was back on level 17 and all my progress was gone all my food was the same as a day before and my restaurant that i had finished renovating was unrenovated this is ****

Unregistered
11-01-10, 11:28 AM
Sounds like I'm having similar issues, but I noticed that it happens especially everything I go to purchase items, then i lose $$ and the items, then I go to the "out of sync"...

Unregistered
11-01-10, 12:19 PM
So far

I left at 163000 earlier, logged in two min ago and I was at 173 913. Exited and went back and now I'm at 174....

Fingers crossed looks like they are working on.

Still really disappointed in the non existent communication from them on this. huge drop of the ball.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 12:35 PM
Looks like this was fixed overnight for me - I've been earning coins at a reasonable rate all day.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 02:22 PM
Still not fixed for me

Steffi
11-01-10, 02:42 PM
I leave my game and come back to find hours of play gone. I'll be back to where I was hours ago and all progress lost. I'll have lost levels and food I cooked and served hours ago and had made coins on is now sitting on my stoves spoiled! My push notifications now show up for food i cooked and served hours ago too. And i'm not getting the out of sync message either. What is going on with this game?! Was working fine a few days ago now it's not. Fix this please or I want my $$$ back

Unregistered
11-01-10, 02:43 PM
Mine seems to be fixed, just logged on after 1 hour n had gained 7,000 coins, i upgaded to os 4.1 earlier, dunno if that is the solution, maybe people running the older ipod 4.02 os versions are the ones having problems. Customers still walking like robots at half pace though.

Unregistered
11-01-10, 02:44 PM
So far

I left at 163000 earlier, logged in two min ago and I was at 173 913. Exited and went back and now I'm at 174....

Fingers crossed looks like they are working on.

Still really disappointed in the non existent communication from them on this. huge drop of the ball.

I spoke too soon. Figures. Stuck back in a loop at 183000. No matter if it advances, as soon as I go somewhere, the come back, back down goes my coin.
Appears many of my neighbours have just given up on the game too. Sigh

Unregistered
11-01-10, 02:49 PM
I spoke too soon. Figures. Stuck back in a loop at 183000. No matter if it advances, as soon as I go somewhere, the come back, back down goes my coin.
Appears many of my neighbours have just given up on the game too. Sigh

Now back to 178 ooo when I should b gaining .....REALLY MAD, will calm down then leave feedback on store, hopefully to warn other poor suckers

Unregistered
11-01-10, 03:01 PM
I leave my game and come back to find hours of play gone. I'll be back to where I was hours ago and all progress lost. I'll have lost levels and food I cooked and served hours ago and had made coins on is now sitting on my stoves spoiled! My push notifications now show up for food i cooked and served hours ago too. And i'm not getting the out of sync message either. What is going on with this game?! Was working fine a few days ago now it's not. Fix this please or I want my $$$ back

My game does the exact same thing , it went ok for a few hours and now every ti e i log in it keeps reseting my money at a same amount every time....i do not know what this is but it sucks big time

Unregistered
11-01-10, 03:16 PM
On another thread, Norman appeared and told someone to install the update. OMG!!!!!!

I've done that so many times this weekend. Reinstalling, restarting, etc etc...all in vain. They don't seem to understand it's the code in their freaking update that's causing this problem!!!!!

No matter what we say, how we explain it, they aren't not freaking hearing it.

TEAM....THE PROBLEM IS ON YOUR END. THERE IS NOTHING THE END USER CAN DO TO FIX IT

NOW PLEASE FIX IT

Unregistered
11-01-10, 03:24 PM
It's been four days!!!! Fix it already! I feel like us gamers are talking to a brick wall! We're all on here and in the app store complaint about the problems and nothing has been fixed! The problems haven't even been acknowledged, just admit there is a problem and tell us when you'll be fixing it!

Unregistered
11-01-10, 04:10 PM
What about how to restart on an ipad? Do you guys get it?

Unregistered
11-01-10, 04:18 PM
Visiting neighbours to tip or tip back. Leaving game...for any amount of time...even after a complete device shut down. Several times.

Even after deleting app, shutting Ipad off, restarting, reinstall app. Still stuck in a loop. Started right after installing update originally. Not new app, but update. Maybe you guys should've gone with a whole new release like with farm, flowers, summer, etc. Until the update had gone thru beta process ?
Though issue should've resolved when app deleted then device shut off, reinstall...theoretically. It did not.

Oh, after getting update my first dish to cook was one of the new seafood. I forget which one. I think it was a shrimp one tho. Hard to narrow as I still have three unchanged all weekend. Still shoudve resolved after a full reboot and reload. Maybe one of the seafood dishes is causing the code flaw? I have to give up for now. Too stressed. Restaurant closed until further notice. My staff quit and I have to go on stress leave

Unregistered
11-01-10, 04:26 PM
This is happening even without the sync message to me now. I just logged in and my coins were around 9800. I came back half an hour later to spend my 10 000 and it was down to around 6500. I could't understand so I logged out and logged back in. Coins now down to 3000.

What the heck is going on!!!

Restaurant name Kyle's Cafe

Unregistered
11-01-10, 05:31 PM
If I saw it correctly i am losing money everytime when I visit other people s restaurant and come back. Also when I close and reopen the game I lose a small amount of my money.

Is it true that I get my food back instead of the money? Food -> money. So I am not losing the money?

Unregistered
11-01-10, 06:07 PM
For iPads, I suggest restarting it.

Omg. Did that many many times. Delete app, complete shut down, re d.l. App.

It's great you are finally responding, but really....we aren't all stupid. People have already told you a complete shut down doesn't work. Nor does any variation of deleting, reinstalling, deleting, full shut off, reinstall, etc.. I personally have tried every possible combination. It still doesn't work. Time loop still in effect.

I know u guys are frazzled, we are too. We wouldn't be so upset if we didn't really like the game so take it as a compliment. Please recheck the update coding. It's not us. Most times ya, probs are at user end be it device or ver. Not this time. Now crack the whip and git er done. Start with the new seafood stuff. Poll to see who is having probs right after update, and what foods they currently have sitting collecting dust for days...it's gotta be in there. Hell maybe I'll suck it up, take the loss and clear all counters and just do French toast to see what happens. If I do and it triggers something to break the loop, can I get a free case at least for taking a huge coin hit?

Unregistered
11-01-10, 06:34 PM
I have been realizing and i'm not sure if this is standard, but sometimes when i am gifted two or more of the same items i.e (beef stew) at 150 each, it is combined at 300, however when I accept both gifts and use it, it only reflects 150. I have since learn to accept ONE gift at a time and go to "MY GIFTS" use it and do the same for the rest of the items so as not to duplicate and lose the amount of servings.

Can you please correct that bug?

Thanks

Unregistered
12-08-10, 09:12 AM
Lost 20k today :((( not cool not cool

Unregistered
12-11-10, 12:36 PM
I go to visit my neighbors and when I came back my food disappeared and this is the second time this has happened and it took me two days to make my food and now it disappeared. I am angry because of this bug.

Unregistered
12-11-10, 12:39 PM
I was saving all my gifts for emergency and then it happened and when I pressed gifts I poped up for two seconds and then every thing dessipered.

Fix!!!!_
02-19-11, 02:14 AM
I also leave my restaurant and my coins don't equal the amount it say I've earned. On cop.of that over reached different levels and it was said that I could purchase different foods and they didn't appear in my menu. Please fix this!!!!!!!! I would love to enjoy a game properly. Don't make a game and not respond to your consumers....and I really mean consumers bc I've spent my own money.

Unregistered
02-19-11, 04:25 AM
On cop.of that over reached different levels and it was said that I could purchase different foods and they didn't appear in my menu. Please fix this!!!!!!!!

This is not a bug. Different appliances have different recipes. You may need a grill or an oven, when you only have stoves...