PDA

View Full Version : Blocked wall posts in other languages

Unregistered
06-11-10, 01:21 AM
It looks like there's been something implemented to prevent inappropriate comments on people's walls...

That's good and all, but I was trying to post a message on my neighbor's wall and I kept getting a message saying it had inappropriate words. I was just trying to tell them I'd check back on their farm later, but in another language...

Anyone else have this problem?

Unregistered
06-11-10, 03:06 PM
I received the following several times (2-3 neighbors):

"This player blocked you, so you can not post comments on their profile."

What is weird is that 10 minutes later I was able to post to their wall's that I had watered. How do you block someone? I do not have that abillity? Also I have NEVER posted anything bad/offensive etc. Just that I have watered/thanks and how their farm looks.

Ellie
06-11-10, 03:31 PM
The devs might have been testing the feature out. Someone posted about rude/nasty comments being left on their wall and I suggested it would be good to block these farmers from your farm.

Unregistered
06-11-10, 08:36 PM
I did get that once, that a player blocked me. I never checked back on it though.

In particular, the message I was trying to send was "bumalik ako." I was trying to say "I'll come back later" in Tagalog.

The message I got was "Your message contains inappropriate word(s). Please enter a new message."

I have a lot of neighbors I use French with, I haven't had any problems with them. I don't understand why my message would be blocked from being posted.

Unregistered
06-11-10, 08:38 PM
The devs might have been testing the feature out. Someone posted about rude/nasty comments being left on their wall and I suggested it would be good to block these farmers from your farm.

I can still post messages on my neighbor's wall, but it won't allow me to post "bumalik ako."

::shrug::

Unregistered
11-21-10, 10:26 AM
The word B?ume, which means "trees" in German, is being blocked. Typically, I want to use this word to distinguish from crops. Can you please exclude it from your blocked list?

On another note, I'd be very interested to know if it is inappropriate in another language; and, if so, which one and what does it mean? 

Unregistered
11-21-10, 10:30 AM
The word B?ume, which means "trees" in German, is being blocked. Typically, I want to use this word to distinguish from crops. Can you please exclude it from your blocked list?

On another note, I'd be very interested to know if it is inappropriate in another language; and, if so, which one and what does it mean? 

I see the umlaut character doesn't display properly. The word is "Baeume."

John
02-21-11, 11:58 AM
Just had the same problem. Couldn't post a message in english containing ? sign. Got a reply that the player had blocked me. When i left the ? sign out i had no problem posting the message.

John
02-21-11, 12:01 PM
Just had the same problem. Couldn't post a message in english containing ? sign. Got a reply that the player had blocked me. When i left the ? sign out i had no problem posting the message.
I see that the euro sign isn't shown properly, not even on this forum. Please note that the ? in my message was inputted by me as a euro sign.

03-09-11, 10:40 AM
I cant write my storm8id that is: Sash77 its inappropriate!

TransAmTam
11-30-11, 10:20 PM
I have the same problem, I am unable to use any of the three Scandinavian letters or I receive a message that I am blocked, even on my own wall.

barleycoon
12-01-11, 12:23 AM
I have the same problem, I am unable to use any of the three Scandinavian letters or I receive a message that I am blocked, even on my own wall.

Which device, version and game version do you have? Thanks
Have you tried deleting the app and redownloading, your game is safe on TLs server. Also you could try restarting your device. Let us know if the problem persists, thanks.

kooky panda
12-01-11, 06:03 AM
Email support@teamlava.com give them your storm ID, and tell them what word you are trying to post when you get a block. They will be able to give you some feedback on why the word is being blocked.

sourlicorice2
12-01-11, 09:27 AM
I received the following several times (2-3 neighbors):

"This player blocked you, so you can not post comments on their profile."

What is weird is that 10 minutes later I was able to post to their wall's that I had watered. How do you block someone? I do not have that abillity? Also I have NEVER posted anything bad/offensive etc. Just that I have watered/thanks and how their farm looks.

You can't block anybody. That feature is not available for any device. It was just a glitch.