PDA

View Full Version : What is the "time" rule to request material?

Snapenath
02-21-12, 02:03 AM
Hi there,

I wondering what is the "time" rule to request material.
Recently, I could request material when the new PST day began, no matter what time i had made the requests before.
Has it changed? Is it now once once per 24 hours? Do you have to wait for the same time on the following day to make your request?

Also, I know this has been often said, but that would be really great that TL change the fact that when you make requests, all your neighbours are selected. It would be much better to select the neighbours you want to send the request to, rather to unselect them...

Thanks

lanicefaith
02-21-12, 02:18 AM
I think it has to be 12-16 hours at least apart

nmishii
02-21-12, 02:20 AM
You can request materials once in a 24 hr period, starting at 12:00 am PST. It doesn't have to be after 24 hrs elapsed time. So you can request material from the same neighbor at 9 pm PST and then again at 1 am PST.

A neighbor can accept a request once in a 24 hr period, starting at 12:00 am PST. So for the case above, if you requested a part at 9 pm PST on Monday and the neighbor accepts the request before midnight PST, the neighbor can accept your 1 am PST request on Tuesday that day. But if your neighbor accepts the 9 pm request at 12:15 am PST on Tuesday, then when you make your request at 1 am Tues the request won't show up to the neighbor until the next day at 12 am PST on Wednesday.

Snapenath
02-21-12, 02:23 AM
Well, I sent my yesterday requests nearly 24 hours ago, and it still doesn't work.
I am sure it was it was in the morning of French time, though I can't remember exactly when, but in any case, it should be nearly 24 hours ago. I don't understand why my requests won't go today, it keeps saying that I have already requested help from my neighbours today.

nmishii
02-21-12, 02:23 AM
I didn't know about the 12-16 hr rule and thought I requested in less time, but it could be true. If so, change 1 am in my example above to 1 pm.

nmishii
02-21-12, 02:26 AM
It 1:23 am PST right now. So I'm not sure why it doesn't go through.

Snapenath
02-21-12, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the clarification Nmishii.
As I usually send my requests before 11:00am French time (ie before 2:00am PST), it should be working, but it doesn't today. I'll try again in a few minutes, but it is sooooooooo annoying to unselect half of my neighbours each time since I need two different materials today.
Thanks anyway!

nmishii
02-21-12, 02:29 AM
Hope your requests go through soon.

Snapenath
02-21-12, 02:29 AM
lol we're writing at the same time.
I know I am 9 hours ahead of PST in France, so it's easy for me, the new day starts at 9:00am for me.
I'll try again, maybe there is just a bug today.

bobbyrae
02-21-12, 06:15 AM
There may be a bug as i have not been able to send out any requests today at all.

viviansmo
02-21-12, 06:36 AM
Bobbyrae, I'm pretty sure I received (and sent) a request from you just a few mins go, around 5:30am. Don't know if that helps with troubleshooting....

MiniLaura
02-21-12, 06:45 AM
If I'm having problems sending or recieving requests, I'll skip a day before requesting again to reset everything. So If I last requested on a Tuesday, I won't request again until Thursday. It has helped me in the past.

queentina3
02-21-12, 07:46 AM
Bobbyrae, I'm pretty sure I received a request from you as well, have you received anything back? It may have stated it didn't go through, when it actually did. Or it could've been a request from the day before that I had just received and answered. Hmm.....

bobbyrae
02-21-12, 09:27 AM
Bobbyrae, I'm pretty sure I received a request from you as well, have you received anything back? It may have stated it didn't go through, when it actually did. Or it could've been a request from the day before that I had just received and answered. Hmm.....

I wasn't able to send out a request this morning, but was able to do so this afternoon, so...not sure what happened this morning. I tried to send out a request for boards this morning but it wouldn't go through. Funny enough, though, i didn't get any boards as regular gifts but when i checked on my well, I had received the boards and was able to finish building it. I think i sent some out for boards yesterday though. So i'm not sure. I also just sent out a request this afternoon for some valentine hearts thingy to complete the chocolate heart tree goal.

bobbyrae
02-21-12, 09:31 AM
And thanks you two for sending back my requests :) These goal thingys were much easier to complete on farm thanks to the Goal thread. :) I was really able to plan ahead and just shoot through them. It was especially helpful since I had so many trees and animals already in storage from when i used to play farm, so didn't have to buy one! Lol.

Now to make the decision to wait and see if i level up to level 35 in time to make the dahlias to complete the pink house goal, or to skip it for gems...hmmmmm....decisions, decisions...decisions...

queentina3
02-21-12, 09:38 AM
Since you're done with the other goals, just pound out strawberries to get the XP, and if the deadline for removal comes too close that you won't finish, then use the gems. LOL

I sent you a request for Farm Hands, but not to viviansmo, is she iOS? If she is and you both got the request, then we'll know for sure that even when the neighbors aren't checked, everyone is getting the request.

bobbyrae
02-21-12, 09:45 AM
i got your request and responded this morning.

viviansmo
02-21-12, 10:00 AM
the request I remember from this morning was for boards, so it was probably from yesterday.

Tina, I am iOS, now. I moved my games from my htc android phone to my iPad2 (that I won in a raffle! woohoo!) in mid December. :)

I won't have a chance to check my farm again for another 8 or 9 hours though... I'll let you both know if I get any additional requests since this morning.

bobbyrae
02-21-12, 07:52 PM
So what's happening with these requests? I needed 5 sweet valentines to finish the chocolate tree goal. I sent out the requests this morning. Of course it went out to all my neighbours.:mad:
But i have not received even one...since this morning? Is it that the requests are usually delivered a day later? I ask since both queentina and viviansmo received yesterday's requests today. :confused:

queentina3
02-21-12, 08:15 PM
So what's happening with these requests? I needed 5 sweet valentines to finish the chocolate tree goal. I sent out the requests this morning. Of course it went out to all my neighbours.:mad:
But i have not received even one...since this morning? Is it that the requests are usually delivered a day later? I ask since both queentina and viviansmo received yesterday's requests today. :confused:

I'm not sure what's going on. I sent to you and other neighbors a goal request this AM and you got it and answered it. I didn't send it to viviansmo, and she didn't receive one so it didn't go out to all my neighbors. Tonight I sent one to viviansmo for a different goal, and she got it and responded back fairly quickly.

From my end it seems to be working the way it should, but there seems to be something off on yours. I will see what I get in my News Feed from you in the AM and let you know exactly what it was I got. I know I got a request from you this AM, I just don't remember what it was. I'm sorry.

I do know that on the other games that my goal request and my part requests used up the same 20 allowed spots, so if you're requesting materials at the same time that you're requesting goals, you're going to clog up your system. I have no idea if we can request materials in Farm or not, as I'm too busy trying to get through the goals and expand to have room for the goal stuff to even think about buying anything that has to be constructed. LOL!!!! I even had to put my pretty pink barn in inventory. :(

Snapenath
02-22-12, 12:44 AM
Earlier you said you had received boards for your pond (the boards you had requestred on the previous day), and even if you have finally been able to send out your new requests in the afternoon, I guess you must have had your maximum returned requests with these boards. Look in about half an hour, but I am pretty sure that without sending any requests, you will get all your sweet valentines! You'll see!
and if you are able to send out new requests today, you will get them tomorrow.

Regarding level 35, are you far from it?
If not, try and buy tool sheds. They are quite cheap and bring you 1100 xp, that help to level up ;)

julicius
02-22-12, 05:35 AM
I got requested items, and I noticed some of my neighbors are building something, but I don't see which item they requested. Where can I see this?

Snapenath
02-22-12, 06:38 AM
In your profile / News thread, first you have the gift people send you. And under that, there is the material they are requesting from you: for the material requests, you just need to Accept the requests and that's it.

queentina3
02-22-12, 07:35 PM
Ok, I had the issue again tonight with requesting goal items from neighbors. I keep a list of who is iOS and when send them something, I mark down what I sent and on what date. I sent out 6 requests this AM, I sent out another 3 this PM, both for different quests. When I went to send out another 3 for another quest a little while ago it told me I couldn't as I'd already requested help from my neighbors, but I hadn't requested from these neighbors. I made sure EVERYONE was unchecked and then I went back and only checked those I hadn't listed as sending to earlier today.

That is only 12 requests and I should be able to send as many as I want but only get back 20 between parts and goals, so why is it telling me that I've already asked my neighbors when I haven't? Also, considering that I didn't/wouldn't check my Android neighbors, when I tried to send the request to pinkster and nmishii as a test it stated again that I'd already sent to them, but I didn't because I'm not stupid enough to send to them when I know they won't see it. :(

On that note, if any iOS player sees those requests from me, please answer them as I'm getting desperate now because I can't move on to the next goal without those requests being fulfilled. :p

bobbyrae
02-22-12, 07:44 PM
I got in all my valentine hearts this afternoon.
I had not sent out requests for parts when i sent out the valentine hearts requests. But i think i know what happened. When i sent out the request for board some days ago the request, even though I only selected some neighbours was sent to all my neighbours. I have more than 20 neighbours now so i think that is what hindered my valentine hearts crom coming back in or even from showing up in the newsfeed of neighbours until today.

Thanks for the tip On the toolsheds snapenath. I'm at level 32. I wish we knew exactly when the goals would be removed so that i could make an educated decision either to try for level 35 or just skip with gems.

viviansmo
02-22-12, 07:45 PM
I wonder if it says that you've sent already to android players because it can't send to them?

pinkster73
02-22-12, 07:48 PM
I wonder if it says that you've sent already to android players because it can't send to them?

Oooooh interesting theory

bobbyrae
02-22-12, 07:51 PM
On that note, if any iOS player sees those requests from me, please answer them as I'm getting desperate now because I can't move on to the next goal without those requests being fulfilled. :p

I can't remember who gave this tip but when you uncheck everyone, .make sure the send request button is greyed out before checking neighbours to send the request to. I keep forgetting to do this, of course, so I'm having the same issues.

That said, i can't remember if i got your request today or whether i responded. Sorry :( but you know if i got it i would have responded :p

queentina3
02-22-12, 07:55 PM
I can't remember who gave this tip but when you uncheck everyone, .make sure the send request button is greyed out before checking neighbours to send the request to. I keep forgetting to do this, of course, so I'm having the same issues.

That said, i can't remember if i got your request today or whether i responded. Sorry :( but you know if i got it i would have responded :p

You did, you got the one I sent first thing this AM and responded back to it within I think 20 - 30 minutes. viviansmo also received one and responded back too.

I'll have to remember about checking if the send button is greyed out.

Interesting theory viviansmo, but I wasn't sending to any Androids until after I got the message. That is when I decided to try to send to pinkster/nmishii to see what kind of a message I would get.

Oh well, it resets at 3a my time, so when I log back into the game tomorrow at 6a I'll just send them then. Just frustrated with it is all, as this and Fashion are the only 2 goal games I never requests parts for while I'm working on goal items.

bobbyrae
02-22-12, 08:19 PM
Can you try sending to nmishii or pinkster before sending to anyone else to see what message you get? I think i've gotten a message that says, "your friends have been notified of your request" whenever I sent to android players in bakery or restaurant, but not sure.

queentina3
02-23-12, 07:03 AM
Can you try sending to nmishii or pinkster before sending to anyone else to see what message you get? I think i've gotten a message that says, "your friends have been notified of your request" whenever I sent to android players in bakery or restaurant, but not sure.

Ok, this AM I just sent to pinkster first and it went through, go figure. I then sent to just you and viviansmo, as I only need 2 Seeds from the Flower Power goal and I know you both check-in daily. Those both went through. Tonight Parade Day will open for me and I'll be able to attempt to send those 3 valentine confetti's, so I guess we'll see with that one if I get a message about "all neighbors requested", as I'll have nothing before then. The only other goal I'll have a request for is waiting on my 15 banana trees to be purchased and harvested, and that will be awhile. LOL!!!!!!!!

bobbyrae
02-24-12, 04:44 PM
Question, do android players get requests for parts? Can they construct the tool shed etc?

kooky panda
02-24-12, 04:56 PM
Question, do android players get requests for parts? Can they construct the tool shed etc?

yes they can build the constuctibles and receive requests .