PDA

View Full Version : May I make a suggestion?

tones22
02-19-12, 08:08 PM
I love playing Bakery and Fashion story. I've downloaded all the games, but those two are my favourite so they are the ones I regularly play. I do however play Pet Shop story, as it's new I'm giving the game a bit of time to evolve and see how it goes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but to me it seems the game is very much out of balance between what you can get with gems and what you can get with coins. Especially compared to the other games. At least in the other games it doesn't cost gems to make food or order clothes, but in Pet Shop it costs significant gems in some cases to obtain animals required to complete goals and crossbreed. I've been playing since the game opened and not had a single thing to crossbreed in weeks because I won't pay for gems until the game is more in balance.

So my suggestion to the developers of Pet Shop story is to create a way (like mastering food items) that we can earn gems, without them having to be part of a goal. I finally earned 27 gems through the goals after a couple of months and as soon as I bought the labrador I wanted I had to pay more gems to cross breed it. So really the only way to play this game is to pay. Collecting money from animals doesn't give enough of a thrill to enjoy the game long term so I can't imagine a long term following at this stage.

Please, if you could make this change, find a way to earn gems through mastering pets (maybe gems upon upgrading playpens?) then I'd be happy to buy gems to boost my game experience. But until there is a way, it really doesn't seem worth it. I hope you'll consider my suggestion.

Gboo4me
02-24-12, 09:56 AM
I agree completely! Please reconsider.

emmymsa
02-26-12, 06:18 AM
I completely agree also. I have been playing for a couple of weeks slowly progressing. I bought gems but was appalled at how much money they cost for so yield. I probably will not contue playing since it becomes boring. I also noticed that goals disappear after a while I'd you do not fulfill them.

Rachael98
02-26-12, 06:48 AM
You can get gems from contests and some goals, but I'd love a mastery, yes.

333sandy
02-26-12, 04:06 PM
I bought a heap of gems for this game, bred every animal, finished all the playpens, ran completely out of room, and got very bored.

My suggestion for a continuing gameplay, is that there should be some movement of the animals, sell the babies, breed more babies, etc.

The game has become stagnant.

bigbaker0321
02-26-12, 04:19 PM
Yeah I agree :)

texasgirl2012
02-28-12, 10:10 AM
While I agree that it would be nice to earn gems, I would have to point out that the Lava team has to make money in some way. By requiring certain items to be for gems only, they are making a ton of money! I doubt they are going to change the way they do things simply out of the goodness of their hearts. As it is, they have players who are willing to pay, so they have no motivation to change things.

Aneru
03-01-12, 12:05 PM
They may be making money solely off the gems but I can guarantee if there were more opportunities to make paltry numbers of gems outside of paying, they would LOSE less players and, effectively, make even more money. Thus they have PLENTY of motivation to do this.

texasgirl2012
03-02-12, 09:44 AM
Perhaps...but since the game is still in the infancy phase, it stands to reason they are maximizing their profit margin during the development phase and hopefully will incorporate additional low gem opportunities. But obviously people ARE paying for the higher gem items, so keeping the prices up appears to be working for them. :-/.

funinthepetshop
03-02-12, 09:51 AM
I would like to see a way to exchange coins for gems. You can get coins for gems so it would seem natural to do the reverse!

tones22
03-03-12, 01:46 AM
I see your point, and I agree that they need to make money. I buy gems regularly in Bakery and Fashion story and I would in Pet Shop too if the game was in balance, but because it's not and there is no way to regularly earn gems besides the odd goal they are missing out on a huge opportunity to gain more players longer term. I doubt I would have played BS & FS as long as I have (a year now) had it not been for the chance to earn some gems and then justify buying some gems to boost the experience.
While I agree that it would be nice to earn gems, I would have to point out that the Lava team has to make money in some way. By requiring certain items to be for gems only, they are making a ton of money! I doubt they are going to change the way they do things simply out of the goodness of their hearts. As it is, they have players who are willing to pay, so they have no motivation to change things.

texasgirl2012
03-03-12, 02:06 PM
Now that is a great idea! Coins for gems - brilliant! :-)

petgirl847
03-04-12, 08:01 AM
I Just joined I agree that gems are expensive

Liviecool
03-10-12, 04:05 AM
I would like to see a way to exchange coins for gems. You can get coins for gems so it would seem natural to do the reverse!

I completly agree! I would be happy to pay thousands of coins for just a few gems!

peterific
03-11-12, 09:21 PM
That would be great!!!(being able to exgange coins for gems)

minnie987
03-28-12, 06:48 AM
Yeah i agree... You shouldnt have to pay with gems to obtain the product you need to sell in order to advance in the game. They should do like the other shops and sell wallpaper, wall decorations like windows, pictures and doors and unique floor tiles. Its not fair to have to pay money if you want cool animals to earn coins. They could even sell cool outfits for the animals... That would make this game uber fun. I also think you should be able to rotate the pets. Its hard to design when you have big houses in the way that would fit if you could just spin the unit.

chagushu
04-09-12, 04:27 AM
I think both, if can not set a goal or something can earn gem, you should thinking about change it to coins!!!!!
I love those them, restaurant, bakery and pet shop and zoo. But every goals set to get gem or something they ask do by gems so how can I do it if I don't pay and I don't have any intension about pay for it!
And everything have to pay by gem when I get more level jut make me feel disappointed about those game.
I also so feel like tones22, maybe just find some other game more flexible to play for longterm!
Hope you guy can consider our suggestion and make those game greater!!!!!!!!

tones22
04-13-12, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the response. I actually quit pet shop a few months ago and you know what...don't miss it at all. I would recommend the same for others. :)
I think both, if can not set a goal or something can earn gem, you should thinking about change it to coins!!!!!
I love those them, restaurant, bakery and pet shop and zoo. But every goals set to get gem or something they ask do by gems so how can I do it if I don't pay and I don't have any intension about pay for it!
And everything have to pay by gem when I get more level jut make me feel disappointed about those game.
I also so feel like tones22, maybe just find some other game more flexible to play for longterm!
Hope you guy can consider our suggestion and make those game greater!!!!!!!!

janel75
04-19-12, 11:22 AM
I love playing Bakery and Fashion story. I've downloaded all the games, but those two are my favourite so they are the ones I regularly play. I do however play Pet Shop story, as it's new I'm giving the game a bit of time to evolve and see how it goes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, but to me it seems the game is very much out of balance between what you can get with gems and what you can get with coins. Especially compared to the other games. At least in the other games it doesn't cost gems to make food or order clothes, but in Pet Shop it costs significant gems in some cases to obtain animals required to complete goals and crossbreed. I've been playing since the game opened and not had a single thing to crossbreed in weeks because I won't pay for gems until the game is more in balance.

So my suggestion to the developers of Pet Shop story is to create a way (like mastering food items) that we can earn gems, without them having to be part of a goal. I finally earned 27 gems through the goals after a couple of months and as soon as I bought the labrador I wanted I had to pay more gems to cross breed it. So really the only way to play this game is to pay. Collecting money from animals doesn't give enough of a thrill to enjoy the game long term so I can't imagine a long term following at this stage.

Please, if you could make this change, find a way to earn gems through mastering pets (maybe gems upon upgrading playpens?) then I'd be happy to buy gems to boost my game experience. But until there is a way, it really doesn't seem w,orth it. I hope you'll consider my suggestion.

I agree completely. I don't like feeling forced to buy gems just, to be able to continue playing the game. If that's the case then I probably won't last long with PS. either.

shaninshine
04-27-12, 07:31 AM
It's nice that you add more pets, but the reality you need to add more space expansion!

BCSunshine
04-27-12, 08:37 AM
I have bought gems to get some gem only pets. My issue, for lack of. A better word I'ds that I feel that once I have purchased the parents, I should not ahve to pay gems to breed. There appears to be no real significance to having the family complete and it just gets plain expensive. Thos is discouraging me from buying gems rather than encouraging me. I feel that charging coins to breeding gem purchased pets would be a reasonable compromise.

Happy petting :)