PDA

View Full Version : Soo, the Collectibles are "random"?

narc0tic90
02-18-12, 11:28 PM
I've read up a lot on collectibles on various forums for one reason: I'm hardly getting them.
I'm almost a level 42 in BS and have only received two completed collectibles (both the same! The chef attire!). I've read that they are given at random, but doing certain things such as cooking, buying decorations, and tipping will give you a higher chance of getting certain ones. I've seen a lot of people with much lower levels than me have tons of the pot racks and bread baskets and such that you get, while I'm not even close. I have like 50 chef hats, but not a single floral collectible.
Just wondering TL, how random the collectibles really are, or if I'm just not quite getting something. You'd think by my level, a level in which a lot of people are generally ready to give up the game, id have a bit more to show.

nmishii
02-18-12, 11:48 PM
When they first released collectables to iOS in Sept, they were dropping quite frequently and people collected a lot of them in a short amount of time. Then TL lowered the drop rate and its now something many people don't care about anymore.

You probably already read this since you've been reading up on them, but here's a couple of threads:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18281-LIST-COLLECTIBLES-How-to-get-them-in-Farm-Restaurant-and-Bakery-Stories.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18986-Collectible-Drop-Rate

narc0tic90
02-19-12, 07:04 PM
So the collectibles thing is still fairly new? I've only been playing since december..
Thanks for the links, just frustrating that it feels like a lost cause, I like fully completing stuff in just about any game I play.

sourlicorice2
02-19-12, 07:16 PM
Same here but given up on collectables. If I get them then I get them. There are some I've never completed and not gonna actually purposely try to complete. They have been rendered almost pointless now.

nmishii
02-19-12, 08:35 PM
So the collectibles thing is still fairly new? I've only been playing since december..
Thanks for the links, just frustrating that it feels like a lost cause, I like fully completing stuff in just about any game I play.

Androids got collectables in December, so they are fairly new to Androids. iOS got collectables in Sept. By the time Androids got them, the collectable rates had dropped, and no longer became fun.