PDA

View Full Version : Re: advice for increasing sales

estiquesophy
02-17-12, 11:08 PM
I followed Kooky's advice to place more items near the door. I bought another extra door and placed it near the rear end of the ship. I also placed another cashier there where there's clothes and shoes. The strange thing is customers that pay at the rear end cashier will not exit by the rear door. They will walk to the front and exit by the main doors. I then placed another cashier near one row of clothers I displayed to experiment if I place cashiers near the clothes if my sales will increase. So far, the result is positive. Most of my clothers are gone overnight. Also, I ordered more $5 clothings. I tried to put slow moving items near the door and they are usually gone within hours. I have a permanent display of bridal gowns coupled with swan dress and all the accessories that cost $5 each. They have to reordered everyday because they are near the door. I hope this information helps. I'll still experiment new ways to increase my sales and my results in the forum.

kooky panda
02-18-12, 07:24 AM
Oh good, thanks for taking the time to experiment and let everyone know.

laVirtualCloset
02-18-12, 02:16 PM
This was similar to my experience. Glad you posted your results. What I want to try next is creating two stores where the rear customers are blocked from going to the other door and are therefore forced to enter, shop and exit out that side. I won't be changing my floor design for at least another 2 weeks but I'm going to try it then and report back on the results.

Thanks again for sharing!!