PDA

View Full Version : Appliances no longer available

andreiamarques30
02-16-12, 04:08 PM
I noticed the marzipan oven and candy cane maker are no longer available for purchase. I still have some in store, though. My I assume there will be no new recipes for them and so I can sell them?

bobbyrae
02-16-12, 04:13 PM
I noticed the marzipan oven and candy cane maker are no longer available for purchase. I still have some in store, though. My I assume there will be no new recipes for them and so I can sell them?

I'd hold on to them. Just in case

nmishii
02-16-12, 04:18 PM
I'm holding on to my appliances. They may release new recipes for them. They released candy canes in late Jan or early Feb, well after Christmas.

pastrychef17
02-16-12, 04:59 PM
Like the others have said, hold onto them, especially ones you can't buy later. You don't make much money selling them and you don't get the parts back. It costs you nothing to leave them in storage so it's better to store than sell.

Although they did come out with a new recipe for the candy cane maker, I'm starting to have doubts that they'll release more new recipes for the appliances they're now taking out. If they did, new players won't be able to buy/build those appliances anymore and it's a further disincentive to start playing the game whereas I would think TL would want to encourage more new players, not less.

ultrafrog
02-16-12, 05:19 PM
I really don't see a reason to sell any items in the game. Coins aren't worth anything and you keep earning them. Some items may no longer be available and you get a fraction of what you bought them for.

casperx72
02-19-12, 04:18 AM
In general: the appliances were removed quite quickly by TL :-(
In the Inventory in my BS version, the Marzipan oven and Candy Cane maker were still showed as "New!". And now they are removed... Had not the chance to buy one of these, since i had to unlock the next level then with gems in order to by an applicance again. I hope the machines will be available again later.

queentina3
02-19-12, 10:39 AM
In general: the appliances were removed quite quickly by TL :-(
In the Inventory in my BS version, the Marzipan oven and Candy Cane maker were still showed as "New!". And now they are removed... Had not the chance to buy one of these, since i had to unlock the next level then with gems in order to by an applicance again. I hope the machines will be available again later.

You don't have to wait until the next slot opens to purchase appliances. Just store the ones you have while you purchase the new ones, then store those and bring out the ones you need to cook food on. You can have as many appliances as you'd like, you just can only have a certain amount out on the floor at one time based off of your level. Just an FYI for future appliances that may be time limited to purchase.

casperx72
02-19-12, 04:55 PM
You don't have to wait until the next slot opens to purchase appliances. Just store the ones you have while you purchase the new ones, then store those and bring out the ones you need to cook food on. You can have as many appliances as you'd like, you just can only have a certain amount out on the floor at one time based off of your level. Just an FYI for future appliances that may be time limited to purchase.

Thank you very much, i really didn't know this (i never stored an appliance before). Now i can switch appliances if needed, or buy the limited offers...
I will pass this info to some friends.
Thanks again,
Casper