PDA

View Full Version : Glitch in BS: Valentine's Day?

otakuAera
02-15-12, 09:23 PM
I've had this happen to me a few times now, and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

I've had 4-5 servings of 1-day recipes (e.g. Valentine's Cookies, Sugar Cookies) only just put out on my counters, only to come back 30 minutes later to find them completely consumed, which I don't think is supposed to happen.

There was even one time where I just put up a bunch of servings, the game cut out on me, and I sign back in right away, and they're gone.

Every time this happens, I do get the profit I would get from the serving, it's just that it flies off the counters in a matter of minutes, where previously it took several hours for them to gradually deplete.

So, I was wondering if there was something wrong with BS: Valentine's Day, or just with my iPod in general - it's a 1st gen iPod Touch with iOS "3.1.3 (7E18)," which seems to be the highest iOS version it can run.

bobbyrae
02-15-12, 09:31 PM
Oh how i wish this would happen to me...:rolleyes:

greygull
02-15-12, 11:14 PM
Are you blocking your door at all?

otakuAera
02-16-12, 09:48 AM
Are you blocking your door at all?

I block my door occasionally, yes. Whenever I don't have anything on my counters, I block the door so as to keep my 100<3 rating. I unblock the door again when I have food on my counters.

Essentially:
No food on counters -> block door.
Food on counters -> leave door unblocked.

greygull
02-16-12, 10:22 AM
When you block the door, you run the risk of having a "quick sale". Blocking the door isn't a designed game feature, just a work around people have used.

You can leave the door unblocked, even with empty counters. If you close out the game, your happiness meter will still be at the same number when you open again. Once you serve food/drink and start new ones cooking, you can either exit again, or visit neighbors/community. When you come back again, your happiness should still be at what you left it. You can also try making short time recipes (if you have some time) to stock up on one type, then longer recipes while you'll be away from the game.

otakuAera
02-16-12, 10:51 AM
But since your food is sold even when you are not "logged in" to the game, shouldn't your happiness meter also be affected when you're not logged in? I think that's the reasoning of why people block their doors.

However, you're saying that my happiness meter will only change/be affected whenever I am "logged in" to the game (i.e. have the game open and am playing)?

And as a comment, I started playing BS when I was sick, and thus had a lot of free time, but now that I'm well again and back into work, I only have time to check in once or twice a day. Thus, I don't really have time to build up a large stock of food, or to keep my counters constantly full. Hence my worry about declining happiness rating.

greygull
02-16-12, 11:07 AM
It would seem that the happiness should be affected - but it's not.

In my RS game, I am constantly out of food, only opening the game to serve more, then visit neighbors. When I come back again, the food I had served is gone, and I serve more. I've stayed at 100 happiness forever. I would suggest not worrying about the happiness level - play the way you can. Once you've leveled up, you unlock more appliance slots, and are able to make more food.

And here's an interesting thing - the food doesn't actually leave your counters until you log in. Your neighbors still see it until you come back.