PDA

View Full Version : Advice on making money fast

flaquitachula
02-15-12, 01:20 PM
Hi all you fashion boutique wizzes, I am trying to save enough coin to expand my store and it seems to be a little slow going especially with this Valentines goal - 30 dresses, earrings and shoes each!!! Anyway, does anyone have any good advice, tips or ideas to help me grow my business?? :-)

And any guesses on how long it takes a person to get to $500K, $1M, $2M? Just curious what y'alls experience has been?

bobbyrae
02-15-12, 02:01 PM
Well there is that quick sale thing where you close your doors overnight and voila everything gets sold immediately. :p

kooky panda
02-15-12, 02:22 PM
Well there is that quick sale thing where you close your doors overnight and voila everything gets sold immediately. :p
yes, but remember whenever you want the quick sell, it never comes!! :p

bobbyrae
02-15-12, 02:48 PM
yes, but remember whenever you want the quick sell, it never comes!! :p

It has never happened for me...:-/
I have tried and tried and tried in bakery story and it just will not happen!

queentina3
02-15-12, 06:39 PM
Well BS is in it's own little world and really can't be judged against the other stories when it comes to sell rate. I swear after these goals I could stop cooking for 2 months and I would still have a fully stocked BS. hahaha

MizCricket
02-15-12, 08:55 PM
Once you're done with your goal, stock more of the 5 coin items like the football fanatic catalog.
Have multiple racks for each item instead of putting all like items on one rack.
Make sure you watch your shop for a few minutes after making any changes to make sure that too many people aren't leaving with broken hearts. Your heart rating can stay almost at 100 and you could still have a lot of people leaving unhappy. Each broken heart is a lost sale so I am more concerned about how many broken hearts I see than just keeping the my heart rating at 100.
A larger shop can make 100,000 coins or more a day. I don't remember how much I made when my shop was smaller.
Someone has posted a spreadsheet that will help you see which catalog items will make you the most money:
http://bit.ly/sfFshnItemChart923
Hope some of that is helpful! :)

pika4ever88
02-15-12, 09:09 PM
Have multiple racks for each item instead of putting all like items on one rack.

Has anyone tested/researched this out (or can link to a thread that discusses this)? I can't see how that would make a difference if you can only sell maximally x amount of items per day (that's my guess on how the system is designed and it's not something I've personally tested). And doing so, you more quickly have many more racks/counters than for instance, if you focused on one catalog at a time and stacked orders.

Reason I say this is I prefer to stack things. I feel like my shop has slowed a bit since I made it "prettier" instead of thinking efficiency like I used to where I had things closer to the door etc, but I make around 80k-90k a day (guesstimating by looking at about how close I go to the next 100k mark each day). (fecsuper has posted many threads in Restaurant about efficency in Restaurant and I've assumed Fashion Story would follow the same vein.) I also feel those who have multiple racks/counters of the same thing are generally tip collectors. :/.

flaquitachula
02-15-12, 09:17 PM
Thanks friends that helps!!! Didn't know that a broken heart meant a lost sale - especially if your rating is at 100. I will have to watch that...some of those shoppers are so fickle!! LOL I have experienced the "fast sell" and I didn't like it. I don't like having an empty store especially since i have been stocking up on my favorites. I might need however to rethink my attachment to my favorite items. I like to match different sets and accessories and stock items i would want to wear!!!
With that being said, the "fast sale" idea is enticing...especially since I want to redecorate. But it will take me forever to restock...ugh!!!

flaquitachula
02-15-12, 09:20 PM
Has anyone tested/researched this out (or can link to a thread that discusses this)? I can't see how that would make a difference if you can only sell maximally x amount of items per day (that's my guess on how the system is designed and it's not something I've personally tested). And doing so, you more quickly have many more racks/counters than for instance, if you focused on one catalog at a time and stacked orders.

Reason I say this is I prefer to stack things. I feel like my shop has slowed a bit since I made it "prettier" instead of thinking efficiency like I used to where I had things closer to the door etc, but I make around 80k-90k a day (guesstimating by looking at about how close I go to the next 100k mark each day). (fecsuper has posted many threads in Restaurant about efficency in Restaurant and I've assumed Fashion Story would follow the same vein.) I also feel those who have multiple racks/counters of the same thing are generally tip collectors. :/.

I think you are right...
I do think people suggest the multiple racks because there are more areas for neighbors to tip.
Which of course is another source of coins!!

MizCricket
02-16-12, 02:45 PM

My suggestion to have multiple racks for the same item was really related to the previous point about stocking more 5 coin items. If you have X amount of racks in your store, and you're working on mastering one 5 coin catalog and everything else you're putting out sells for 2 coins, it makes more sense to me to spread the 5 coin items out on 2 or 3 sets of racks instead of 1 and use fewer for the 2 coin items.

I don't know about people looking for more nbr tips by putting out multiple racks/tables of things. I don't have a ton of racks or tables, but I clear my tips multiple times per day. If someone has tons of table/racks out for tipping purposes, I would think it's more likely that they don't have much time to clear during the day and want to make sure they don't lose tips by being full.

laVirtualCloset
02-16-12, 02:57 PM
My suggestion to have multiple racks for the same item was really related to the previous point about stocking more 5 coin items. If you have X amount of racks in your store, and you're working on mastering one 5 coin catalog and everything else you're putting out sells for 2 coins, it makes more sense to me to spread the 5 coin items out on 2 or 3 sets of racks instead of 1 and use fewer for the 2 coin items.

I don't know about people looking for more nbr tips by putting out multiple racks/tables of things. I don't have a ton of racks or tables, but I clear my tips multiple times per day. If someone has tons of table/racks out for tipping purposes, I would think it's more likely that they don't have much time to clear during the day and want to make sure they don't lose tips by being full.

Hi, my store has multiple tables and racks for nbr tipping purposes but also to allow me time to stock up and rotate inventory for sale. My biggest issue use to be overnight. It seems everyone wants to tip between 12 midnight and 4 am California time and I was losing out on tips. Its become much more manageable now.

queentina3
02-16-12, 03:48 PM
Hi, my store has multiple tables and racks for nbr tipping purposes but also to allow me time to stock up and rotate inventory for sale. My biggest issue use to be overnight. It seems everyone wants to tip between 12 midnight and 4 am California time and I was losing out on tips. Its become much more manageable now.

LMAO, that's partly me!!! I usually try to LIKE you between 6a-7a Eastern time (3a-4a Pacific) and you're usually full. I have to go back a few hours later and then you're clear. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

estiquesophy
02-17-12, 11:01 PM
Hi all you fashion boutique wizzes, I am trying to save enough coin to expand my store and it seems to be a little slow going especially with this Valentines goal - 30 dresses, earrings and shoes each!!! Anyway, does anyone have any good advice, tips or ideas to help me grow my business?? :-)

And any guesses on how long it takes a person to get to $500K, $1M, $2M? Just curious what y'alls experience has been?

I followed Kooky's advice to place more items near the door. I bought another extra door and placed it near the rear end of the ship. I also placed another cashier there where there's clothes and shoes. The strange thing is customers that pay at the rear end cashier will not exit by the rear door. They will walk to the front and exit by the main doors. I then placed another cashier near one row of clothers I displayed to experiment if I place cashiers near the clothes if my sales will increase. So far, the result is positive. Most of my clothers are gone overnight. Also, I ordered more $5 clothings. I tried to put slow moving items near the door and they are usually gone within hours. I have a permanent display of bridal gowns coupled with swan dress and all the accessories that cost $5 each. They have to reordered everyday because they are near the door. I hope this information helps. I'll still experiment new ways to increase my sales and my results in the forum.

angel221001
10-13-13, 11:35 AM
I am sadly not that rich in Fashion Story, but I think if you just keep your shop closed for most of the time (say, 2 weeks at a time), when you do open, there will be lots of money to be gained. Also, you should remember to time your orders correctly. If you order something that takes 8-10hrs just before you go to bed it will be ready in the morning. And don't forget, if something takes 1hr to order, it will take 1hr to expire. Good luck!!!

nky1111
10-31-13, 11:57 AM
well if you keep it open for 2 weeks you'd gain even more money)))

Zove8
04-28-14, 12:09 PM
well if you keep it open for 2 weeks you'd gain even more money)))

If you keep it open for 2 weeks, you're gonna have to constantly restock (gain and lose money). Whereas if you stock loads of clothes, once you re open, you'll earn money in an instant

LavaRain8
04-28-14, 06:37 PM
If you keep it open for 2 weeks, you're gonna have to constantly restock (gain and lose money). Whereas if you stock loads of clothes, once you re open, you'll earn money in an instant

Well, not necessarily. I'm guessing if you keep up with your ordering to where there are still things to buy in the store, you'd make a comparable amount of money to that potential strategy. During those 2 weeks of closure, you make $0. Those 2 weeks of it being opened, you're constantly making money night and day. You may be out of stock momentarily, but it doesn't take long to get some more merchandise out on the floor, especially with small quantity, low timed clothing and high quantity, longer timed clothing. Not to mention gift items to help fill a couple of vacancies.

The customers will only buy items so fast, so just having a huge stock when you open back up doesn't mean that ALL of that money is going to be earned right away. It's going to take time for the long inventory to be even close to being "mostly sold". Your best bet is to just leave the shop open and keep cranking out the items that sell for $5 and pick styles that are on the Fashion Story chart showing the most profit gained per order.

mariyana2014
04-28-14, 09:24 PM

It is better not to close the doors because Fast sale is random and would not happen for everyone! I closed my doors for about 10 days to experience a Fast Sale but when I reopened, nothing happened and I sold only same as before. but if I had kept my shop open in those days I could earn over 1,000,000 $!
so, it is risky and not a good way to earn money fast!

Bellamiux
05-02-14, 11:01 AM
Fast sale works for me... I close for 2-3 days when I open I close the game really quick for 1 min when I open I get my 200k+ my racks dont empty because I am very stocked. But if I open and stay on too long the fast sale wont work. I guess its all a trick :)

kooky panda
05-02-14, 11:08 AM
One if the best ways to get money fast is to get your customers in and out of the store quickly. Since you can only have so many shoppers in your store at any one time, if you have some that are taking too much time getting from dressing rooms, to mirrors, to counters/racks, this can slow up you sales.
Here are some tips that are very helpful.

When you changed up the layout of your boutique by adding changing rooms and mirrors, you may have reduced the pathway efficiency. I'll try to explain how this mechanic works so that you will understand, so please bear with me if it sounds confusing.

If you have inventory in your store, then a customer can do 2 things.

1. Go to a mirror
2. Go to a changing room

When a customer decides to do one of these tasks, they will reserve the mirror or changing room, which means that another NPC, even if they are closer, cannot access that mirror/room.

For example, there's an NPC near the top of the boutique and she decides to go to a changing room. The one she reserves happens to be at the very bottom of the store. Since this room has been reserved by the NPC, no one else can use it. And since the distance is really long, top of the store to bottom (not to mention complicated pathways with decorations), the travel time for this NPC would be long. This long travel/access time reduces the amount of NPCs that can access this room per min/hour. This decreased rate will result in lower sales.

To make your pathway and layout more efficient, try placing your changing rooms and mirrors closing to the center of the store, but with pathways in between.