PDA

View Full Version : Really Poor positioning!

Superyalda
02-15-12, 02:33 AM
I'm shocked and saddened to know that teamlava is encouraging zoos and pet shops! Animals in a zoo are NOT cute, they're sad!
Shouldn't it be more like a rainforest story? Ocean story? Nature story?
Really disappointed!

kattybell
02-15-12, 05:14 AM
Not all animals in zoos can survive in real wild life. That's why they're kept there. And it's just a game.

TurtleGirlSloan
02-15-12, 07:15 AM
Perhaps instead of being up in arms about a game that's doing nothing wrong you could go exercise you voice in the real world? Being upset about puppy mills here won't change what your local pet shop may be doing. Unless team lava can wright some code for that?

Personally I'd rather see them fix the make-up counter glitch. :D

Superyalda
02-15-12, 11:57 AM
Maybe TL could donate a percentage of the profits from this game to the cause?
And there should be a message in the game saying that TL is opposed to buying and selling zoo animals in the real world. Most people aren't aware of the black market for zoo animals ... This game just supports the ignorance.

cakeandpie
02-15-12, 05:30 PM
Just because some pets are sold unethically doesn't mean that pet shops are categorically bad. Same with zoos. Plus, zoos do a lot of great work trying to keep endangered species going by breeding more and educating people. We are members of our local zoo, accredited with AZA, and I'm guessing any accredited zoo would have to document where they acquire their animals. They participate in the species survival program, and they raise awareness and funds for endangered animals and rainforests. Plus zoos give biologists a chance to interact with and study animals to learn more about them, and sometimes zoo animals are rescued animals that otherwise would have died.

NOTHING about these games supports black market animal selling. Good grief.

Superyalda
02-28-12, 06:40 AM
Ok, so you're educated about the subject. How many players aren't?

Buy an elephant? Good grief!

Maybe TL should work something about preserving wild habitats into the game ... Like earn coins by returning animals to the wild? Just to get a small message out, to help conquer the ignorance.

This is my opinion, that's all.

julia3032
02-28-12, 11:03 AM
This is what you are upset about???? Every day, every single day, TL *****s players out of their hard earned cash. They tell constant lies about how great their rapport is with their players. Yet, there is no confirmation button for gem purchases, no block button to rude ppl off your walls, no android parity...I could go on and on. If you are so concerned about animals, how about putting down your phone and go do something that will help animals in the real world? To complain about a zoo and pet story, when HUMANS are being harmed shows your priorities are a bit mixed up.

Superyalda
02-28-12, 12:24 PM
This is what you are upset about???? Every day, every single day, TL *****s players out of their hard earned cash. They tell constant lies about how great their rapport is with their players. Yet, there is no confirmation button for gem purchases, no block button to rude ppl off your walls, no android parity...I could go on and on. If you are so concerned about animals, how about putting down your phone and go do something that will help animals in the real world? To complain about a zoo and pet story, when HUMANS are being harmed shows your priorities are a bit mixed up.

First, you're making assumptions.

Second, if support doesn't credit your account, file a complaint with the app store. I know this because I AM proactive.

music908
02-28-12, 02:56 PM
A lot of times, zoos take in animals that have been hurt or abandoned, heal them, and place them in their zoos.

As for pet shops, if there is no pet shop where do the pets go? Would you prefer stray animals with no protection or happy ones kept in nice habitats in a pet shop?

For example, I visited a park recently that houses mainly aquatic animals. Many people are mad about this park because they captivate orcas and train them to perform in shows. A lot of people do not know that all of the orcas there were originally injured. This park sends out a team to rescue the animal and bring it to a healing facility. If the animal is healed, it is released back into the wild. However, if the animal is not in a good condition to return to its natural habitat, the park takes them in so they can be cared for properly.

I think it is caring of you to be worried about captive animals!

fuzzywoozy
03-13-12, 05:00 AM
Sheesh guys, should we even bother to discuss this? It's just a game after all. TL doesn't have any relations to the real life issues anyway. May I remind that this is just a GAME.