PDA

View Full Version : the gem traps

PoLaR1S
02-15-12, 02:07 AM
More and more you make the gem traps, more you are making me close up my wallet

after blowing some gems on instant-completing some recipes (including one omelette.. I almost deleted the game after that), that I actually purchased with money (I think I have spent over 50 at least for gems ..)

I've decided that I will not spend a single cent on teamlava until they get rid of the annoying ads and gem traps

You know how you get people to spend money ? Make it something that people would want to play, instead of bombarding them with ads and gem traps, driving them away

ariesblu
02-15-12, 05:06 AM
There will be no cease to the ads or the traps. I think they will just get more creative.

duckieduckduck
02-15-12, 05:12 AM
Yes, more and more gem traps will be coming...

I don't think there will be anyone actually will purposely want to "instant finish" a dish if playing this game..
skip a task maybe(if u are rich), who will spend 5 gem to instant finish a dish???

TurtleGirlSloan
02-15-12, 07:19 AM
If they won't let us get rid of the traps maybe they could jut let us purchas single items we want. I refuse to buy 50 gems ause I want to spend 38 on something since I know my extra gems will be devoured by a trap.... But if I could purchase just the statue I wanted I may be more likely to buy things.

Just a thought.

mushroom79
02-15-12, 04:39 PM

I don't think there will be anyone actually will purposely want to "instant finish" a dish if playing this game..
skip a task maybe(if u are rich), who will spend 5 gem to instant finish a dish???

I will never ever spend gems to instantly complete a dish, not eveh 1 gem!! when i can choose to do a 1 minute dish! However, I MAY skip a task for gems, for example the have 5 corgis task in Farm. In other words, if a task requires gems, but less gems to skip, then I will use gems to skip...

divassweets37
02-15-12, 05:37 PM
:mad: I got sucked into purchasing myself and I'm spanking my own hands for doing so :/ I lost 24 somewhere on Bakery Story's servers, my gems are blinging except for in my bakery. I was in the process of buying a stove, trying to trade 24 of them in for an "early release at level 26 when my game went "out of sync" and of course when it reloaded I was minus 24 gems with no additional stove access. I even wrote TeamLava a very nice email explaining what happened with the hopes of them being nice enough to return them buuut I've yet to hear anything. I won't be buying anymore at this rate I say BOOOOOO keep your money people and too, the cost of gem required items is outrageous if you think about it, not worth it to me imo. They should give us more bang for our bucks.

kooky panda
02-15-12, 06:27 PM
:mad: I got sucked into purchasing myself and I'm spanking my own hands for doing so :/ I lost 24 somewhere on Bakery Story's servers, my gems are blinging except for in my bakery. I was in the process of buying a stove, trying to trade 24 of them in for an "early release at level 26 when my game went "out of sync" and of course when it reloaded I was minus 24 gems with no additional stove access. I even wrote TeamLava a very nice email explaining what happened with the hopes of them being nice enough to return them buuut I've yet to hear anything. I won't be buying anymore at this rate I say BOOOOOO keep your money people and too, the cost of gem required items is outrageous if you think about it, not worth it to me imo. They should give us more bang for our bucks.

Not sure when you sent your email, but if it has been over 5 business days since you sent your email, then respond back to your automatic email with your ticket number to check on a status.

mushroom79
02-15-12, 06:39 PM

so strange isnt it. That it of sync and takes your gems or makes u redo all the steps you just did, cooking, or collecting food. But guess what?! it NEVER goes out of sync when you accidentally tap to instantly cook and spend 5 gems, when you really hope that it goes out of sync at this point of time and does not register your instant completion of food and you did not lose you gems.

sweetcalifornia
02-15-12, 10:42 PM
I had that happened to me. I put my food to cook all night and in the morning it went out of sync and reverse to my previous food. I was so mad I cursed and yelled at my husband early in the morning....(no, I'm just kidding...hehehe��) but It did make me feel bad I had to waste a full day on the same food.

julia3032
02-15-12, 11:51 PM
I closed my RS and wrote on the floor in tile "No gem traps". When we all pulled together and did our non-sanctioned event, things got reversed pretty quickly. I'm not saying it would be that easy with the gem traps, but nothing is going to change until we make it clear to them that they are not going to benefit from this behavior. I think this is one reason why the cost of gem items have gone sky high. A table for 8 gems? Ridiculous.

berklet
02-25-12, 07:34 AM
I bought a second cash register for my bakery and it does not work because it did not come with a person to run it. How do I get a person?

queentina3
02-25-12, 08:49 AM
I bought a second cash register for my bakery and it does not work because it did not come with a person to run it. How do I get a person?

The "clones" will still go to the register even if there isn't a cashier. You only get 1 cashier. I actually have 2 registers, but no cashiers as I've made it so the register is up against my counters. I personally don't like the cashiers. :)

divassweets37
03-08-12, 10:30 AM
so strange isnt it. That it of sync and takes your gems or makes u redo all the steps you just did, cooking, or collecting food. But guess what?! it NEVER goes out of sync when you accidentally tap to instantly cook and spend 5 gems, when you really hope that it goes out of sync at this point of time and does not register your instant completion of food and you did not lose you gems. Well to date my lost gems are still lost lol. :/ Ironically there's supposed to be a "solar storm" this eveing where I live lmao maybe they'll rain down in my front yard LOL! I wrote to customer service and of course they did nothing. I guess it's a "gamble" after all I think my odds would be better in Vegas though...

divassweets37
03-08-12, 10:40 AM
I closed my RS and wrote on the floor in tile "No gem traps". When we all pulled together and did our non-sanctioned event, things got reversed pretty quickly. I'm not saying it would be that easy with the gem traps, but nothing is going to change until we make it clear to them that they are not going to benefit from this behavior. I think this is one reason why the cost of gem items have gone sky high. A table for 8 gems? Ridiculous. Yes the prices for items are out of control. I simply refuse to buy anything else in this app. They lost me when I lost my 24 gems and they didn't return them. I put a stop pay on that transaction lol so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't pay to be greedy the customer is ALWAYS RIGHT IN THE END! Hehehe I won :D

ultrafrog
03-08-12, 01:23 PM
Just be careful, staff have warned that they may lock your access to your game if you do that.

pinkster73
03-08-12, 01:27 PM
Well to date my lost gems are still lost lol. :/ Ironically there's supposed to be a "solar storm" this eveing where I live lmao maybe they'll rain down in my front yard LOL! I wrote to customer service and of course they did nothing. I guess it's a "gamble" after all I think my odds would be better in Vegas though...

Hey are you in western Canada too? I'm supposed to have a solar storm too!

kancilkiller
03-12-12, 01:06 AM
The trick to avoid Gem Trap is, always tap or press on the LEFT PART OF THE SCREEN only. Move the screen to the left if you must. So that even if you pressed to fast, you won't accidentally hit on the Accept button.

I really hate the Gem Traps. I lost over 20 Gems when I was new. With the above method, I can safely avoided the Gem Traps. Don't let TL hear this, else they will start implementing Accept button on the left part of the screen too

beertjeanita
03-12-12, 04:10 AM
i just had the Same problem as the topic starter,lost 50GEMS and no way to cancel the action.....I really hate the GEMS! i left the game immidiately when i noticed but when i open again THE only answer posible was accept.

Why can they not make a game,just buy once and the rest by finishing goals...this sucks!

quentinsmommy
03-12-12, 04:37 PM

Oh man, I HATE that particular trap!!!!:mad: I've fallen victim to it numerous times (and just an hour ago today in Fashion). You're right-I wish they'd take that option out and save it only for goals. That's why I refuse to buy gems until a confirm button is made.