PDA

View Full Version : Why does my food still sell too fast?

mcgee22
02-14-12, 02:39 PM
So the question says it all. Even after they fixed the quantities and the food selling prices, my restaurant never remains stocked and the amount of money I have is not that impressive for the level I m in (level 96)

So I don't know what to do.... My bakery is ALWAYS stocked and I have been forced ti buy more counters to be able to place the food cooked by the goal. not the same as Restaurant at all.

queentina3
02-14-12, 03:13 PM
These goals in RS are ****ing me in regards to stock. I've had to block off a section of my tables just so I can keep the food on the counters long enough. These 1 day recipes along with the 2 day Lemon Soda are ****er. My coin total isn't going up that quickly either, due to the stock all being $1 dishes. I had just got my RS in a comfortable stock position when the goals hit me, now I feel like I'll never get that back.

leadfoot
02-14-12, 04:05 PM
Once the quantities and food selling prices in Restaurant Story were restored I've been able to keep my restaurant comfortably stocked, probably for a few days. My bakery however, is a different story. Once I'm done with the goals, I'm quitting Bakery Story for a while. There's so much food there I could probably not check back for at least 4-6 weeks then come back to find food left! Also I'm running out of room in my counter area; if I added any more they would start interfering with the spots for the tables and chairs.

queentina3
02-14-12, 04:21 PM
Yeah my bakery can go for at least a month and I wouldn't have to worry. RS I have less than 3000 quiche, less than 2000 lemon-lime soda, less than 2700 pepperoni pizza, and 32,000 lobsters. LOL The lobster won't last till tomorrow afternoon though, as the quiche certaintly hasn't lasted more than 2 days and I had over 52,000 of those. Though I do have 10 more Lobster coming off the stove in about 5 1/2 hours, so maybe I'll get lucky and it will last till tomorrow night. :p

mcgee22
02-14-12, 05:23 PM
Well before December I was able to have a well stocked & full RS. After that its a catch up game which is really annoying because i had a lot of stock for @ least 6months before that.

pastrychef17
02-14-12, 05:33 PM
Well before December I was able to have a well stocked & full RS. After that its a catch up game which is really annoying because i had a lot of stock for @ least 6months before that.

That IS odd. I'm level 96 as well in RS and once they changed things back, I'm able to maintain a decent amount of inventory without it being consumed too quickly, even when I make the longer recipes. They had actually slowed down the consumption rate when they equalized all the prices and lowered the serving sizes but now it seems like it's back to the way it was.

I wish they'd apply the speed-up to Bakery. Once I finish mastering all the new recipes (10 more to go but on track to master at least 2-3 of them by tomorrow), I may quit Bakery for awhile and let my counters empty out. Maybe I'll come back if they release goals for Easter.

leadfoot
02-21-12, 06:50 PM
The food consumption rates plus a couple of other things (menu design for one) indicate Restaurant Story and Bakery Story were developed independently of each other (I could probably say the same of many of the other Team Lava games but I don't play them) when they really could have been developed together as far as their 'common elements' are concerned like the consumption rates then customized for their theme and what they 'sell'. The reality is we have to live with the way it is though.

mcgee22
02-21-12, 07:04 PM
The real problem with why food doesn't stay in the counters is that after reaching level 96, I am cooking the new food that comes out. All the lower level foods are done with so I have not cooked them for a while but when I had to do them for the goals I realized something, those ARE staying in the counters... Want to know why? Because of food quantities!

Look at the quantity of a food like the chocolate mouse... that's a 4 hr food, it gives a quantity of 1150 plates. Next to that, there is the turkey sandwich which came out recently, that one is 16 hrs and a quantity of 1250 plates.... SO there it is! The food quantities have been reduced for the newer plates! They take longer to cook and they yield less. Lets take the example of tomato soup, yields 1550 for 8hrs vs eggs in a basket (575 for 12hrs!!!!) & lovely pancakes (725 for 16hrs!!!!)

I swear if it weren't for the gems I would stop doing the newer recipes and go back to the older recipes. At least with those I can keep food in my counter.

The lesson of all this is TL is skimping us with the amount of plates to have us slaving in the kitchen...

Please give us longer lasting recipes like before!

mushroom79
02-21-12, 09:24 PM
its the same for farm. Its harder to level up and earn coin now. The new crops like square melon and dakhon yield so much less XP an coins compared to their 6h and 8h counterparts eggplant and coffee!!!

queentina3
02-21-12, 09:27 PM
Yeah, when TL decided to give us our old portions/costs back, they just decided to make the new recipes be what they were looking for before. I still don't think there is any balance to it, which is what they claimed they were aiming for. The only balance is to TL and to hold us back, not to help us at all.

Oh well, I'm just glad to have the old stuff back the way it was, as I was losing profit on all those dishes I have in my Bakery and now I can plan for when I have to make these newer ones.