PDA

View Full Version : Share Farm on 2 devices

Unregistered
06-10-10, 10:11 AM
I wasn't able to tend to my farm whom I created on my iPad from my iPhone. How can I connect to the same account so I can check my crops with my phone when I cannot use my iPad?

HeavySoldier
06-12-10, 11:07 PM
I got the exact same question, I created my account on a iPad Ans would like to use my account also on my iPhone. Thanks in advanced

Bunny
06-13-10, 02:00 PM
When they came out with the I pad it was stated that if you already had the i phone those apps couldn't be transferred to your i pad. This is apples way of making people repurchase apps they already have.

fuman853
06-14-10, 05:25 PM
When they came out with the I pad it was stated that if you already had the i phone those apps couldn't be transferred to your i pad. This is apples way of making people repurchase apps they already have.

That's a false statement. It's up to the developers whether to charge again for the app. In this case of FSF, the app is universal and it's free. We expect the farms to show up properly on multiple devices considering that we have an account on the central server. Example, We Rule works across multiple platforms with the same account.

MetaBunny
07-13-10, 03:11 AM
Adding multiple device support is something I'd really like to see.

As the last poster mentioned, all of our farm data is stored server-side anyway, so why this artificial one-device restriction? The only things I can think of are worries about people "*****ing" by jointly tending to a shared farm (which I don't think is an issue in the way it is in the PvP battling games, anyway) and the technical issue of handling concurrent logins (easy enough to get around, **** the first session if you log in from another device).

As someone who just started playing on the iPad app, I'm seeing how valuable it would be to have access to my farm on my iPhone so I could harvest on-the-go. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to lose the ability to enjoy the larger-screen iPad experience just for that. I'm also willing to bet that a large proportion of iPad owners also own an iPhone or iPod Touch, so this really seems like a no-brainer.