PDA

View Full Version : Android vs. Apple..

eric_malmquist
02-11-12, 04:04 PM
When will Android Users ever be treated the same as Apple Users?

Us Android Users are missing goals causing use to miss out on some recipes such as candy canes and the chocolate pineapple. It just isn't fair.. :(

pinkster73
02-11-12, 05:37 PM
Here, try and wade through this

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18709-Android-Feature-Parity-Discussions

ariesblu
02-11-12, 06:04 PM
No time soon...

queentina3
02-11-12, 08:51 PM
iOS users may get the goals, but it does make the games quite a bit harder with the Android users not getting them as well. We can't request any of our goal items to you guys so we have to parce out our neighbor list as to who is Android and who is iOS so when we send requests we don't send them to Android users by mistake. I have more Android neighbors in RS than I do iOS and it's taking me forever to complete the goals there because of that. BS isn't all that much better. Fashion, interestingly enough, I had more iOS users and didn't even realize it until I started to make a list.

I lost out on 2 of the xmas goals in BS because I couldn't get the requested items before they yanked them. The goals were completed except for the portion of "request blah blah blah", and the next time I went in to check the status, the goals were gone along with the prizes.

Android did get the Candy Cane cake that was a goal for iOS users and I had it available to cook when I was playing it on my Android phone. When I ported to the iPad 2 it was taken away from me and locked under "goal". I never received the goal string to attempt to get the Candy Cane cake back, and I most likely won't get it unlocked by TL even though I have a ticket open with support on that issue right now. So at least you guys do sometimes eventually get the "goal" recipes, whereas iOS users don't if they don't complete the goal in time.

I wish Android users had the same options as iOS users, as it would make the game more enjoyable and lesss stressfull for everyone.

pinkster73
02-11-12, 09:23 PM
On farm though we never get the crops that ios users unlock with goals, and none of the prizes either.

RealFarmer1222
02-11-12, 09:28 PM
Well, I'm even further down the list being a Kindle user. Farm Story works good on the device, but I can't play any of the others (like to give Empire Story or City Story a try). And it would be nice to have goals.

Or just a plow.

pinkster73
02-11-12, 09:31 PM
Well, I'm even further down the list being a Kindle user. Farm Story works good on the device, but I can't play any of the others (like to give Empire Story or City Story a try). And it would be nice to have goals.

Or just a plow.

Android doesn't have empire story, treasure story, pet shop story, zoo story 2, or a plow.

nmishii
02-11-12, 10:30 PM
Android does have empire story.

In RS, BS, and Farm, the only goal item we got that was locked for iOS was the candy cane cake. And I don't think that wasn intentional, I think they may have given us the appliance when we shouldn't have gotten it, since it came with no recipes, and they had to give us something.

I don't think the recipes on the turducken fryer, chestnut roasters, or marzipan maker were unlocked by goals, but I could be wrong.

nmishii
02-11-12, 10:31 PM
No time soon...

I second this.

pinkster73
02-11-12, 10:42 PM
Android does have empire story.

In RS, BS, and Farm, the only goal item we got that was locked for iOS was the candy cane cake. And I don't think that wasn intentional, I think they may have given us the appliance when we shouldn't have gotten it, since it came with no recipes, and they had to give us something.

I don't think the recipes on the turducken fryer, chestnut roasters, or marzipan maker were unlocked by goals, but I could be wrong.

Oops my bad about empire story.

lanicefaith
02-12-12, 12:39 AM
Android doesn't have empire story, treasure story, pet shop story, zoo story 2, or a plow.

Give it some time,I started on my droid phone then got an ipad,give it some ,months

ariesblu
02-12-12, 12:43 AM
Give it some time,I started on my droid phone then got an ipad,give it some ,months
To be fair for two of those four games, it has already been numerous months (though empire eventually came over) - though I'm not particularly stressed to have ts come over when it seems tl has completely abandoned that game.

I just don't like how tl posted that new games were coming, but failed to add that it was only for ios.

pbrigitte
02-12-12, 05:03 AM
I actually like having an Android, we get things eventually and we don't have to deal with full screen pop up ads (I play Pet Shop Story on my boyfriend's iphone), I was considering making the switch but I think it might be better that we're not getting the full force of their marketing attention.

atlantisonearth
02-12-12, 05:34 AM
Android Parity is our of control of TeamLava developers, due to the differences in platforms/platform versions.

queentina3
02-12-12, 07:48 AM
Oh pinkster, I didn't realize you guys didn't eventually get the crops, for some reason I thought I read you guys did at one point. That really is too bad. nmishii, yeah I think you're right and we weren't originally supposed to get that and it was just an "oops" on their part. BUT, they did give it to Android which means they CAN give those so I think eventually they might????? It obviously isn't a platform issue in giving recipes, crops, etc as they do it every week.

What I don't understand is the issue with the goals being too hard for both platforms because when I first started playing City Story on my Android, I had goals and then they went away after about 1 week. It's obvious they could give goals to Androids, so why don't they? Is it just that particular game that it isn't a problem, or is it just too much work to maintain for them?

I guess my original point was that with Android's not being given goals, it hurts all players and not just them.