PDA

View Full Version : Why a billion xp for level 98 Farm Story?

lotscoffee
02-10-12, 07:01 PM
Two Farm Story players finally reached level 97. Both love the game and don't mind the sore fingertips that result from all that tapping. At first they only needed 10 more million xp to reach level 98, then overnight it changed to a billion xp! Is there a reason for that? 10 million is a least a year of constant farming. Can only imagine how many decades it would take to get a billion. Wondering if the game can't technically handle Level 98? I understand where these farmers and others striving for level 97 are coming from. They love the challenge. Even 50 million xp would have been better than a billion. Can anyone shed a light on this?

atlantisonearth
02-10-12, 07:03 PM
Because they dont want people to go past that; they dont have any new features and dont want players to get bored.

lotscoffee
02-10-12, 07:04 PM
I think they aren't bored

lin77
02-10-12, 07:12 PM
I have a feeling I'm gonna get bored after I reach level 75, after that level there's nothing left to unlock and u have ur last expansion! The only thing left to do is finish mastering crops/trees and collect tons of coins & gems! There really needs to be more unlockable items after level 75!!

atlantisonearth
02-10-12, 07:19 PM
I have a feeling I'm gonna get bored after I reach level 75, after that level there's nothing left to unlock and u have ur last expansion! The only thing left to do is finish mastering crops/trees and collect tons of coins & gems! There really needs to be more unlockable items after level 75!!

Developers have discovered that higher expansions can lead to lagging in the game.

lin77
02-10-12, 07:41 PM
Developers have discovered that higher expansions can lead to lagging in the game.

That's probably true. But even if we cant expand bigger they still can make more unlockables as we go up in levels! Why did they stop at level 75 but u can get to level 96-98?? That seems silly to me! Why keep playing that long if there's nothing to play for!

atlantisonearth
02-10-12, 07:50 PM
That's probably true. But even if we cant expand bigger they still can make more unlockables as we go up in levels! Why did they stop at level 75 but u can get to level 96-98?? That seems silly to me! Why keep playing that long if there's nothing to play for!

Well that all depends on your opinion of what you are playing for. Some people play for socialization, some play for design, ect. ect. as there are many aspects to the game.

However, I do agree that TeamLava should cater to all kinds of people.

I personally like the design aspect of the game... as I am an architect ;)

lin77
02-10-12, 07:55 PM
Well that all depends on your opinion of what you are playing for. Some people play for socialization, some play for design, ect. ect. as there are many aspects to the game.

However, I do agree that TeamLava should cater to all kinds of people.

I personally like the design aspect of the game... as I am an architect ;)

I like to play for the goals I make for myself..which always involves unlocking something or collecting so many gems to get an item. :)

lotscoffee
02-10-12, 07:56 PM
Game use to end at level 75. That's why no more expansions. When they opened it up to Level 96 they didn't change expansion, just left where it was. These players are really into achieving the impossible. They love the challenge. Billion xp is at least 30 or 40 years of playing. Should be hard to get to level 98 but not impossible. I feel bad for them I guess.

atlantisonearth
02-10-12, 07:57 PM
Game use to end at level 75. That's why no more expansions. When they opened it up to Level 96 they didn't change expansion, just left where it was. These players are really into achieving the impossible. They love the challenge. Billion xp is at least 30 or 40 years of playing. Should be hard to get to level 98 but not impossible. I feel bad for them I guess.

Thats perseverance, its what inspires them to achieve such goals. I respect people who do such things.

Please, I hope no one has misunderstood me - I respect everyones opinion and view of the game.

pinkster73
02-10-12, 07:58 PM
It's because level 96 was the last designated level.

I've been at full expansion for a long time and I still like playing because I enjoy designing and rearranging stuff on my farm.

lotscoffee
02-10-12, 08:01 PM
Wonder what happens when at least 3 other neighbors reach 97 in the next month or so? I'm stuck on maxing whatever crop comes out each week.

pinkster73
02-10-12, 08:10 PM
Wonder what happens when at least 3 other neighbors reach 97 in the next month or so? I'm stuck on maxing whatever crop comes out each week.

Nothing happens when they reach level 97.

lotscoffee
02-10-12, 08:24 PM
And that's too bad. Should be a party.

pinkster73
02-10-12, 08:54 PM
And that's too bad. Should be a party.

If you message me here when you hit 96 I post you a congratulatory picture :)

lotscoffee
02-10-12, 09:35 PM
Don't think you understand what I've been saying.

atlantisonearth
02-11-12, 06:18 AM

We understand what your saying. We are just having some fun :)

pinkster73
02-11-12, 10:53 AM

I do understand. I was offering to throw you a party since TL doesn't.

AntonKah
12-30-13, 01:39 PM
I play Farm Story and I am at 36th level and like to plant Soy Beans because they bring lots of money
But if I want to get 1,000,000,000 xp more I will have to spend 951 years planting soy beans every day and that is impossible.

bbieprnc
12-30-13, 03:34 PM
I play Farm Story and I am at 36th level and like to plant Soy Beans because they bring lots of money
But if I want to get 1,000,000,000 xp more I will have to spend 951 years planting soy beans every day and that is impossible.

This is an older post and is no longer true, now you can get up to level 150 playing the regular way. But to get to level 151 you have to have 8 million XPs. BTW if you are on level 36, you are still to go through a few expansions to expand your farm - final is the level 75 and your farm will be size of 24 by 24. As far as soy beans - I don't think they are the best earner, but that is your call (pineapple will yield you the highest profit per hour, next I think is alfalfa and autumn cup squash).

I am at level 150 and have only a few crops to master. Have mastered all the trees.