PDA

View Full Version : Random Distribution of Gem Sale Availability?

larvitarscar
02-10-12, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I am on Zoo Story 2 and about ten hours ago, my friends both had access to a Gem Sale on the game but I did not. However, I found Gem Sales available across the board on my other games (e.g. Restaurant, Pet Shop). Is the distribution of availability across players for the SAME game random?

kattybell
02-10-12, 09:36 AM
Yes sales are sent out randomly to each player.

pinkster73
02-10-12, 09:40 AM
Which sucks because its a lot easier to convince the hubby that I must get gems when they're on sale

larvitarscar
02-10-12, 09:42 AM
Is this normal for a mass sales period like yesterday? I assumed the random sales distribution did not apply to mass sales periods but for sales at random times of the year. I thought it might have been a problem with my game because I could see them putting up the sale options game by game as it started appearing slowly across the games but was conspicuously missing from my Zoo Story 2, yet my friend had access to all the sales options in the TL games he was playing.

Just wondering what the justification is for the discrimination during a mass TL-wide sale. I can understand random group testing for the random one-off sales throughout the year, but this? Hmmmm.

Limaxa
02-10-12, 09:46 AM
What? Random? I thought everyone gets Sales :(

kattybell
02-10-12, 09:51 AM
What? Random? I thought everyone gets Sales :(

I think everyone does, but I think it differs from games. I got rest, pet and zoo.

larvitarscar
02-10-12, 09:55 AM
Which sucks because its a lot easier to convince the hubby that I must get gems when they're on sale

I agree! It feels easier to give in to temptation. I would have bought 105 gems if the sales option was given to me. Oh well!

brighnasa
02-10-12, 05:10 PM
I would have bought gems, if I had gotten the sale. :(

sylvie4163
02-10-12, 05:30 PM
I think everyone does, but I think it differs from games. I got rest, pet and zoo.

I didn't get any anywhere

Purplum
02-14-12, 02:29 PM
I haven't had a gem sale (not even a 20%) since before Christmas in any of these games. And I play nearly all of them. :(