PDA

View Full Version : FS Anonymous

flaquitachula
02-10-12, 07:51 AM
How much time each day do you think you spend on Fashion Story? I have been playing since January and I can't stop. :p You know you have a problem when you excuse yourself from a social situation (even dinner with the family - lol) to sneak off and check your orders. Or when you look forward to waiting in line or at the Doctors office so you can catch up on the game. Anyone have any similar "addict" stories to share? :-)

kattybell
02-10-12, 08:04 AM
Lol I do that all the time. While watching movies I'll check my game(s). Even at breakfast sometimes.

cristinae115
02-10-12, 11:47 AM
Was actually happy to wait an hour and a half at the doctor's office this time! Glad there are others out there with the same "addiction". Lol :D

kooky panda
02-10-12, 11:55 AM
I collect tips, likes, crops, etc while I am in line at the grocery store...

pinkster73
02-10-12, 11:57 AM
I do it when I'm riding in the car even though that makes me nauseous.

kattybell
02-10-12, 12:00 PM
I do it when I'm riding in the car even though that makes me nauseous.

I do the same lol.

queentina3
02-10-12, 12:29 PM
I pick my kids up from school at 245p and 3p, right from one school to another. By the time I get my 3p child I'm itching to get back home to make sure I didn't mistime an order or something. It's so funny because I'll have this look on my face and when my son gets in the car he'll say "you timed an order for when you were picking me up, didn't you?". LOL

flaquitachula
02-10-12, 01:14 PM
I pick my kids up from school at 245p and 3p, right from one school to another. By the time I get my 3p child I'm itching to get back home to make sure I didn't mistime an order or something. It's so funny because I'll have this look on my face and when my son gets in the car he'll say "you timed an order for when you were picking me up, didn't you?". LOL

That makes me laugh!! Kids are sooo smart. Glad to know that I am not the only one with kids, addicted to this game. I always feel like I am probably too old to be playing. My daughters are playing Valentines Bakery Story and now they are addicted. Conversations at home go like this: "what time should I order for now?" "will you serve my food at 11am while I am in school?" "I got all my parts for my icecream maker!!!" "Mom - you let my food spoil." This morning before school we were all on our devices placing our orders. Not sure if its a good idea but at least it teaches them to calculate time and manage orders. I figure it's a learning tool! :-)

Luckily I play on my iPhone so, I can play while I am waiting in line at school!!! However I really want an iPad now....would be soooo great to have a bigger screen and really see my store!!!

kooky panda
02-10-12, 02:24 PM
when my husband and I first started playing Farm Story, we were always on our games especially at night. We have two dogs(boxers) that normally
get our attention at night. They like to sit in our laps and cuddle. We would of course be ignoring them to get our crops done and visit the nbrs.
They would always try to knock our iphones out of our hands. Once day I put my down on the foot stool to run to the little girls room. When I came out my iphone was gone!!!!! Okay huge panic attack. I am running to my husband, someone stole my phone!!!
We looked all around for it and My husband looked under our bed(favorite hiding place of our youngest boxer). There was my iphone.
My hubby crawled under and got it out and said "honey I think you were mugged"... lol

fashion1007
02-10-12, 02:41 PM
Oh i love fashion story! I've been so focused on that particular game story! i think my bakery and restuarants star rating have gone right down!
I check after school, in the morning and when i'm free! lol

queentina3
02-10-12, 05:12 PM
This thread cracks me up. OMG kooky, you can now use the excuse of "my dog took my phone" instead of "my dog ate my homework"

flaquitachula, I remember the good ole days of when the conversations between mothers and daughter's were more like "Mom, but I really love that sweater please buy it for me?". Now it's "Mom, you let my food spoil" *tears from laughter* My husband think me and my kids are nuts because of our Minecraft obsession. Each of us are on Steam while we're playing and we have our headphones on and the conversations are like this: "Mom, watch out that Creeper is going to blow up in your face", "Son, will you please kill that spider before he destroys your brother", and etc....... My husband just rolls his eyes and goes back to player his Black Ops Call Of Duty.

The boys got their report cards today and they were on pins and needles waiting for me to open them. I told them they had to wait as I had to get food out of RS and clothes out of FS first and start the new orders. They were not pleased with me and are still ignoring me for making them wait. LOL

I told them it could be worse, I could make them wait for dinner but I'm not THAT cruel. Yet. hahaha

juliansmommy
02-10-12, 05:15 PM
it is for sure a part of my daily life! good thing I am a stay at home mom! But I do find I can get a bit crazy about it!!

pinkster73
02-10-12, 06:53 PM
"Not tonight dear, I have to harvest my tomatoes before they wilt".

Jessjan34
02-11-12, 02:59 AM
I play constantly! When I wake up, on the way to work, at lunch,on the way home from work, when I get home! I only play fs too. I can't imagine having time to play more games! I dont know how you do it!

xoxoBabyGirl
02-11-12, 05:48 AM
How much time each day do you think you spend on Fashion Story? I have been playing since January and I can't stop. :p You know you have a problem when you excuse yourself from a social situation (even dinner with the family - lol) to sneak off and check your orders. Or when you look forward to waiting in line or at the Doctors office so you can catch up on the game. Anyone have any similar "addict" stories to share? :-)

LOL!! Oh yah, I've been guilty of the sneaking away from a social gathering to retrieve my orders!! Nice to know I'm not the only one! ;)

Ic3e
02-11-12, 06:00 AM
I always use my iTouch at 5 am in the morning (I'm an hour away from school) to check on my FS. Sometimes when I'm really anxious I bring my iTouch to school and use it after class. I use it when I get home, the mall when there's free wifi, and every time I'm free...so yeah I'm obsessed >w<

zoroak
02-11-12, 06:20 AM
:) I actually checked that Charles de Gaulle airport does offer free Wi-Fi for 15 mins so that I can finish my FS goal part 3 and 4, when in transit this evening. At least my husband and son will make sure I won't miss the connecting flight! LOL! My son talks about wilting plants on his zombie farm so :p Gone are the days of reading stories at bedtime. Now armed with the iPad, we have "Mum, it's my turn on this level for Ragdoll blaster.", or "since you bought some gems, can I get some to upgrade my zombie farm, etc...?"

Laughing at Kooky's dog, my cats are the same, especially my 21 yr old grandpuss, who hobbles off me in a huff as soon as i reach out for the iPad!

TurtleGirlSloan
02-11-12, 06:46 AM
The other day at work I timed a few items for a goal to correlate with my lunch. I was so excited to finish them and lunch came but I was stuck in a meeting with my boss. I finally had to stop him and say "are we going to be much longer? I have a few things I need to take care of. I planned to tie them up during lunch." he released me from the end of the meeting and I finally got to my phone and when I realized what I'd done I thought "oh my goodness I'm an addict!!!!" I wonder what my boss would say if he knew those 'things' I had to get to on my lunch weren't even real!!!!! Lol

MizCricket
02-11-12, 11:32 AM
We have two dogs(boxers) that normally
get our attention at night. ...
They would always try to knock our iphones out of our hands.

My dogs do the same thing! They're not content to just sit on my lap while I play on my phone. They want my HANDS petting them! Silly dogs! LOL

I play Fashion and Farm, and I check before work, during lunch, a few times after work, and I do anything that requires major time like visitng nbr's or remodeling the store in the evening while we watch TV.

I guess the funniest thing I've ever done was when we were on vacation. One hotel we stayed in had WiFi but only for laptops, and the cell signal was horrible. It wasn't much better outside around the hotel either. (Believe me I checked when I took our dogs out to walk them! LOL) We were there for 4 nights, and I should have had my husband take a picture of me perched on the one corner of the bed where I could get a steady cell phone signal so I could collect orders and place new ones before bed!

elixoxo
02-11-12, 04:11 PM
I'm on it at work, was on it at school, am on it during breakfast lunch and dinner. The caching sound that goes off when something's finished? My sisters all know that means my clothing order is done. Sometimes I'm on it even at church - God forgive me!

Brendi9885
02-11-12, 05:43 PM
when my husband and I first started playing Farm Story, we were always on our games especially at night. We have two dogs(boxers) that normally
get our attention at night. They like to sit in our laps and cuddle. We would of course be ignoring them to get our crops done and visit the nbrs.
They would always try to knock our iphones out of our hands. Once day I put my down on the foot stool to run to the little girls room. When I came out my iphone was gone!!!!! Okay huge panic attack. I am running to my husband, someone stole my phone!!!
We looked all around for it and My husband looked under our bed(favorite hiding place of our youngest boxer). There was my iphone.
My hubby crawled under and got it out and said "honey I think you were mugged"... lol

That is so funny! I have four chihuahuas and one of them, Milo knows that when I get on my iPad there will be attention time for him. So he will come and lay next to me and paw the screen. Lol! I got so mad one day because he pawed the 25 gem for an extra slot.

kooky panda
02-11-12, 08:15 PM
That is so funny! I have four chihuahuas and one of them, Milo knows that when I get on my iPad there will be attention time for him. So he will come and lay next to me and paw the screen. Lol! I got so mad one day because he pawed the 25 gem for an extra slot.

ohhhh no..... Milo fell into a gem trap too!!!!