PDA

View Full Version : Sales Rate for Larger Stores?

laVirtualCloset
02-10-12, 07:39 AM
For those with larger stores (16x19 or 17x20), have you found your rate of sales to be slower now that your store is larger?

I'm wondering how much I should expand. I've been preparing for an expansion from my current 10x13 store by building up inventory and coins. I have plenty to pay for 13x16 expansion but I'm considering 16x19 because I have a lot of gems and with my Excuse Our Dust goal, it will really cost 38 gems instead of 40. I don't really spend much on decorations so I'm saving the gems for any particular reason and I've already been caught once by a gem trap so I'd rather use some for something I'd prefer to have.

My biggest concern is a drag on my sales. I really ike my daily sales rate and was just wondering if it will take a hit if I expand this much.

laVirtualCloset
02-10-12, 07:41 AM
Sorry, the sentence above should read "I don't really spend much on decorations so I'm NOT saving the gems for any particular reason ..."

kooky panda
02-10-12, 08:08 AM
sometimes when you are larger you will have your racks and counters spaced out. I have found that if you keep you racks and tables close to your doors and cash registers, the shoppers can come in, buy and get out faster.
I changed my bakery up to have all my tables close to the door and hostess podium, then I decorated the rest of the bakery and my sales have gone up.
I have not had time to redesign in fashion yet.

laVirtualCloset
02-10-12, 08:17 AM
sometimes when you are larger you will have your racks and counters spaced out. I have found that if you keep you racks and tables close to your doors and cash registers, the shoppers can come in, buy and get out faster.
I changed my bakery up to have all my tables close to the door and hostess podium, then I decorated the rest of the bakery and my sales have gone up.

That's very helpful; thankyou! I was considering a slightly similar layout but wasn't sure if it would make a difference. I'm considering taking the expansion plunge this weekend.

xoxoBabyGirl
02-11-12, 05:54 AM

Does that mean if you have more cashiers than your sales will go up faster? More items by cashiers, and more cashiers so sales should go up faster....?

kooky panda
02-11-12, 08:18 AM
Does that mean if you have more cashiers than your sales will go up faster? More items by cashiers, and more cashiers so sales should go up faster....?

I have three cashiers, but I really do not see an increase in the sales, but I do not write down, and keep track of the money I am making. I did find in bakery when I did this I went from making around
38,000 overnight to around 55,000.00

queentina3
02-11-12, 08:20 AM
I think if you have more doors with a few cashiers near each door it may increase it marginally. There is a set limit of how many customers you can have at one time, but the quicker in-out they are, the more money you'll make in an hour.

MizCricket
02-11-12, 11:43 AM
My store sales did not go down as I expanded. (I will be purchasing my final expansion in the next week, yeah!) I did recently block off about a quarter of the store because there are some seasonal catalogs that they're removing that I wanted to keep in my store. My sales definitely went down after that, and I was also not stocking as many 5 coin items because I've been working on mastering the limited time catalogs. Now that I'm working on the 5 coin item sports catalog, my sales have gone up again but not quite to the level they were before I blocked off part of the store.

So I'd say a lot of things can lower your sales rate, but a bigger store isn't one of them.

laVirtualCloset
02-15-12, 03:49 AM
My store sales did not go down as I expanded. (I will be purchasing my final expansion in the next week, yeah!) I did recently block off about a quarter of the store because there are some seasonal catalogs that they're removing that I wanted to keep in my store. My sales definitely went down after that, and I was also not stocking as many 5 coin items because I've been working on mastering the limited time catalogs. Now that I'm working on the 5 coin item sports catalog, my sales have gone up again but not quite to the level they were before I blocked off part of the store.

So I'd say a lot of things can lower your sales rate, but a bigger store isn't one of them.

Actually, my experience was the complete opposite. After expanding and leaving the entire floor open, my sales rate declined. I blocked about 75% of the store and the rate has returned to its previous level.