PDA

View Full Version : Petition: bring down the cost of the border collie!

girlkris
02-08-12, 09:27 PM
Please leave a short comment if you would like to see the price of the border collie come down. I understand that TL need to make money somehow, but $200 of real money just to get the border collie family is ridiculous. Even if they dropped the cost to 49 gems it would still be fairly exclusive as not everyone would be able to afford it, but it would bring it more in line with the rest of the animals.

Please keep this post going and maybe we can get the devs attention!!

blinvy2
02-09-12, 09:55 AM
Yeah, considering the cost of gems and the lack of being able to earn any free gems, I'd say it would be fair to lower them to 30 to 49 gems. I still wouldn't be able to afford that but it's more fair than 149 gems. It's also unfair that you have to complete such an expensive family in order to get the tree frog.

JuniperFruit
02-09-12, 10:22 AM
I don't think they should bring the price down now...some people have already purchased it and I think it would be completely unfair to them. But I fully support a petition to not make any more pets for that price!

dalula
02-09-12, 04:58 PM
I don't think they should bring the price down now...some people have already purchased it and I think it would be completely unfair to them. But I fully support a petition to not make any more pets for that price!

i'm with you ;) i see some people who have spent 100$ to complete the family and it really wouldnt be fair to them.

atlantisonearth
02-09-12, 05:02 PM
Please leave a short comment if you would like to see the price of the border collie come down. I understand that TL need to make money somehow, but $200 of real money just to get the border collie family is ridiculous. Even if they dropped the cost to 49 gems it would still be fairly exclusive as not everyone would be able to afford it, but it would bring it more in line with the rest of the animals.

Please keep this post going and maybe we can get the devs attention!!

Good luck with that.

ariesblu
02-09-12, 05:51 PM
i'm with you ;) i see some people who have spent 100$ to complete the family and it really wouldnt be fair to them.

Wow. But hey if you have the money, go ahead and spend it.

bells08
02-09-12, 06:31 PM
I agree bring the price down, it's extortion at the minute.

Leire22
02-09-12, 08:22 PM
I agree, noone will be able to affird t or wont even buy colie, so hence no finished collection, I am happy we got gems sale but this to me is extrem !!!

iusedtobedigusr
02-09-12, 08:24 PM
I agree, noone will be able to affird t or wont even buy colie, so hence no finished collection, I am happy we got gems sale but this to me is extrem !!!
Never had any gem sales in Pet Story so far...

estiquesophy
02-10-12, 06:47 PM
I bought 1 border collie and would love to buy the rest! Besides bringing down the price of border collie, I petition for no gems for babies whose parents are already bought by gems ! It is so ridiculous to have to pay for babies when we pay for for the parents.

imaprincess79
02-11-12, 11:27 AM
I would love to see the Border Collie come down in gems, to even coins, I wouldn't mind paying a higher amount of coins than to never have a BC.

husky1970
02-11-12, 11:32 AM
I'm with you all on this that's a ridiculous amount of gems! If I wanted to spend that much I'd go & get a real one :-/
Would need to be fair to those who've already paid for a BC refund in gems to those people?
The cost of gems for pets & completing goals will be the downfall of TL

stkmw02
02-11-12, 11:08 PM
I don't believe there's any way to share gems or animals at this point, which I think would help solve the problem of certain items being completely unattainable to people. I played another game for a few years where people unwilling or unable to spend real money could trade in-game services in exchange for the higher priced items. For example, John Smith could spend cash to buy a lot of gems because he has money and trade it to Jane Doe in exchange for her gifting construction items etc, because she has more time to do so. Plus, there was a lot of simple generosity... John Smith giving Jane Doe gems just because he's a nice guy and knows she will appreciate it, etc. This way, those high ticket items will be attainable to all - but for the same price.

kvanmeurs
02-11-12, 11:48 PM
I completely agree with previous comments. The border collie price should be brought down and it's ridiculous that we have buy 149 gems per dog!!! Especially since you need the family to complete a collection to get the tree frog which is also needed to breed a bullfrog as part of gaining the Iguana!!! I think it's extremely rude of TL to do this.

cbdago
02-12-12, 03:25 AM
Regarding the border collie.... 149 gems is a bit extreme... it would be one thing if a pet you purchased with gems would earn you gems, but that is not the case. I feel for those who have already spent the money for the border collie, they should be given a credit of gems for them to use on future pets for more breeding/cross breeding. For those of us who have not purchased the border collie, i feel a decrease in price for the border collie is just. If you feel you need to offer such an elite pet for the game, make it an expensive coin pet.... at least then you could choose to save the coins for such an extravagant pet. I hope to see the price reduced as i have already spent $80 in game and plan on continuing to grow my store as i do enjoy the game, but 596 gems for one family is a bit of an outrage! p.s. Thank you for the gem sale!

sourlicorice2
02-12-12, 05:00 AM

I'd have to agree. Not that I'm ever going to buy gems for this game as I only play it for a few minutes a day (I've only requested nbrs who r ok with only having gifts and requests sent daily and don't care if I visit their shop) but if I had spent that amount to comp,ete a family and they lowered the price I'd be not a happy camper. But for future animals I'd support a more reasonable gem cost.

sourlicorice2
02-12-12, 05:01 AM
I'd have to agree. Not that I'm ever going to buy gems for this game as I only play it for a few minutes a day (I've only requested nbrs who r ok with only having gifts and requests sent daily and don't care if I visit their shop) but if I had spent that amount to comp,ete a family and they lowered the price I'd be not a happy camper. But for future animals I'd support a more reasonable gem cost.

Edit: don't care that I don't visit their shop

shelley1611
02-12-12, 11:15 AM
Gem prices can be far to high! There should be a maximum and less gem pets! I know the game is free but you more than make up for it with gem pets!

juliec05
02-14-12, 12:34 PM
Absolutely agree. Collie cost is ridiculous. I've skipped the ribbit goal and also now the Siamese one once I realised that it cost 29 gems! I love the other team lava games, but this one is winding me up. What we really need is a way to earn gems, otherwise I'm just going to quit

dalula
02-14-12, 04:15 PM
Me too, i skipped the ribbit goal.

143Blue
02-14-12, 04:42 PM
Regarding the border collie.... 149 gems is a bit extreme... it would be one thing if a pet you purchased with gems would earn you gems, but that is not the case. I feel for those who have already spent the money for the border collie, they should be given a credit of gems for them to use on future pets for more breeding/cross breeding. For those of us who have not purchased the border collie, i feel a decrease in price for the border collie is just. If you feel you need to offer such an elite pet for the game, make it an expensive coin pet.... at least then you could choose to save the coins for such an extravagant pet. I hope to see the price reduced as i have already spent $80 in game and plan on continuing to grow my store as i do enjoy the game, but 596 gems for one family is a bit of an outrage! p.s. Thank you for the gem sale!

ikr i could get a REAL border collie for $100:p

dalula
02-14-12, 06:22 PM
ikr i could get a REAL border collie for $100:p
exactly! and you can play with the dog and everything whereas this is just a thing on a game and if your device, lets say, is lost and you dont know how to transfer your game or it doesnt work, well that "border collie" just went down the drain.

deadpixel
02-21-13, 06:47 PM
Hee! It's been more than a year since this thread was started; are we any closer to seeing the price reduced?

WendingWanderer
02-21-13, 07:43 PM
Not a bit.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on it, if I were you.

deadpixel
02-21-13, 08:32 PM
Not a bit.

And I wouldn't hold my breath on it, if I were you.

LOL!!

I know :)

I used to play the Story games, starting out when Farm Story was first released, then moving on to City, Restaurant, Bakery, Treasure, Zoo, Fashion, Nightclub, etc., etc... spending real money in each of those games; I was even very active on the forums (before and after they implemented registration), contributing progression tables and charts to help players. I only stopped playing them all when TL abandoned Zoo Story flat where I had spent a significant amount of time and real money.

I came back in today cause my kids, who had started playing these games, were asking some questions that I thought I might find answers to here.

Still, it's "nice" to see that there are things in this world that remain constant/unchanging ... LOL!

-

JAMbakes
02-21-13, 10:22 PM
I agree with the request to pay for breeding in coins only. OR for pets purchased with gems, why not have the payout be in gems, even if it is one gem at a time. There should be another way to get gems. If you save or use them to buy something, it is difficult to purchase the whole family.

gotalotaluv
02-23-13, 11:42 PM
There should be another way to get gems.

This just gave me an idea --- with the amount of time it takes to complete a family, why not a gem per family completion? We get gems for food and clothing completions at levels (I guess it's a level) 2 and 4 in bakery, restaurant, and fashion. Why not here and in zoo? What I find surprising is the number of children who play this game (I love the "are you a girl or a boy?" questions) who will never be able to afford it, nor will spend the money it takes (sometimes) to buy decorations or animals they want that cost gems. In all honesty the game is a no-brainer .. it's not like dragon where you have to try to experiment with xbreeds ... you just buy the pets (coins or gems), build the families, decorate, and watch the ppl walk around. Not even a strategy about keeping them fed, like in bs, rs, or nightclub.

Soooo, TL, why not reward the completion of a family (include the full "complete" upgrade if ya wanna make it a challenge) with a gem? How hard is that? Because honestly, 6 gems per download for every new version of farm, fashion, bs and rs are too far between. With just that across 4 games is 24 downloads ... looking at holidays (the usual download time) that's what - almost 4 years of saved gems?

Collie family: 149 x 4 = 596 ($100+ dollars)
596 gems divided by 6 (saying you get six per download) 99 downloads
99 downloads divided by 4 games that give you gems (oh should I count slots and dragon story or not? I won't) is 24 downloads per game
halloween, xmas, valentines, st patricks day, maybe mother's day or one for spring, and one for summer that's 6 holidays (4 games x 6 gems = 24 x 6 holidays = 144 gems)
Sooooo in one year, you can save enough to buy 1 Collie, IF there are that many new versions and IF they offer 6 gems to do it
Sooooo it would take 4 years to get a Collie family without purchasing gems?

I'm no mathematician (plz feel free to ck my math and correct me by all means!), and it's late and I'm a lil high on cold medication right now, but um ... wow - now I see why people just pay the $100 -- I'm bout to charge TL for my time in figuring this out! It's at least worth 1 Collie! LOL

FireRaven101
02-25-13, 08:43 PM
I totally agree, I really want a border collie because I love then! They are the cutest dog in the world and that is pretty sad 149 gems per collie?

ghostbaker
04-05-13, 01:19 PM
I will NEVER pay 149 gems for 1 animal. I think they made a grave error in pricing. Support the cause..don't buy the Border Collie!

CuteTali
04-05-13, 05:56 PM
Totally agree, I still have the beginner quests that require to master that family to create a set for a tree frog, iguana etc. They cost way too much, especially in a game that doesn't let you earn gems as you master completed pet families.

nugluv11
04-10-13, 11:18 AM
I think it's ridiculous to spend that amount of money on a GAME. While i really like playing the game I would never spend that much to achieve ONE goal. I agree in saying they need to bring the cost down because this has a domino effect in not being able to achieve other goals. First off you have to have the WHOLE Border collie (over $100) family to get the tree frog....which you need to get the bull frog....which you need to get the iguana. There is NO way someone can actually EARN the amount of gems needed to aquire the whole border collie family since they only offer 6 and 3 gems when downloading other TL games.