PDA

View Full Version : What I Think of Farm Story

unregistered
06-10-10, 03:16 AM
Firstly, I'd like to give the developer team a big applause for making such a fun, well designed, and community driven game.

I honestly cannot believe how people are moaning to the developer about being *forced* to purchase gems. Let me just say that the developer has spent a huge amount of time making this FREE game for everyone and it's a good way to basically say "Support the developer and purchase some gems." If you think about every crop, each one has 3 or 4 images, of which probably took the designer 3-5 hours to build, and people complain that it's extortion???

You can play the game without gems, I mean no one is forcing you to fork out money just to play the game. I have bought gems on numerous occasions for the elite items, not because I wanted my farm to look cool, but because I wanted to support the developer and help fund future updates to the game. Remember people have to cover their costs and have money to live, so come on, stop moaning and buy some gems...

Personally, I would like to see some of the following enchantments:
* Ability to select more than one square when collecting / plowing / planting. Kind of link how you can select multiple cells in Excel.
* Ability to see how many waters you have left for a neighbor on the list of neighbor pages.
* Ability to 'employ' a helper who walks up and down and picks strawberries and replants them
* Interest. Same as a with a bank. After every day you get a % of your money, this will encourage people to save up and also helps for when people would like to buy the barns etc.
* New crops such as cherries (high price)
* 1 crop that takes about 7 days, and costs like 8000 each but returns 80000 with 100xp each. That would be for the hardcore people.

Lastly, well done to the developer and keep up the good work!

Unregistered
06-10-10, 05:55 AM
"A new crop such as cherries?"

It's called a cherry tree. Perhaps you thought that only produced cherry bubblegum.

But yeah, a week-long crop would be for people who go on vacation (it would actually give you a two-week window of harvest). None of the several-day crops make much sense for productivity as their high apparent payoff is mitigated by having your land tied up for a period of time during which you could earn far more with multiple plantings of, say, cantaloupes by day and one batch of broccoli each night.

Unregistered
06-10-10, 07:14 AM
Lol, I was planting a cherry tree as I typing. I meant to say mango

Unregistered
06-10-10, 09:26 AM
Lol, I was planting a cherry tree as I typing. I meant to say mango

Hmm, I'm actually allergic to mangos so I'll pass on that one. Jokes aside, I would like to see some more exotic crops come in, I dont know, like cotton, olive trees, sugar cane, coconut palms, pineapple, hops, barley, - have fun with it.

It would be nice also to be able to look at peoples farms who are really high levels. I am currently level 23 and the highest level farm I can visit in the Community is like level 27, but it would be nice to have an idea of what is coming to the higher levels in terms of crops and ammenities and that would help in planning and saving up for things that will eventually unlock. At the moment, I dont even know what the max level of the game is - is it 100, 200, 1000?

Finally, while the idea of being able to group select plots for plowing, planting, harvesting is not a bad idea at all, I would like to have a couple of simple buttons for "plow all", "plant all" (with a single crop), and "harvest all". That would be great for those of us who would like to build some fast income with the short-term crops. At the moment I cant even plant raspberries on my 14 x 14 farm because there is so much tapping involved that they are ripe and approaching wilting on one end of the farm while I am still plowing and planting on the other end of the farm.

swati
06-10-10, 06:22 PM
I just love this game!! I am on it at least twice a day every day (to work and back ). I would definitely buy a paid version of this if it came out. Have tried a few other iphone farming games, but didn't like them, it was too hard earning coins, and not as much fun. The only thing I would wish for improvement on is to make it easier to water neighbours farms.. I find it hard having to navigate to the point in the neighbour list that I was up to. It would also be nice if more than 5 of the automatic watering messages were saved, that way you wouldn't have to always write a message.

Rassler
06-11-10, 03:13 AM
- The best level you can reach at the moment is Level 49. Reached it yesterday and nothing is going forward anymore.

- The PLANT ALL, PLOW ALL or HARVEST ALL idea is a very good one. Because I already have wound fingers from tabbing all the time the squares

- Also the buttons on the screen are in the way when your farm reaches 19x19 squares. My advice is, take away the icon for switch on/off sound and move the folder button on this place instead. The sound you can switch on/off in the settings so there is no need to have a icon for this on the screen as well.

- It would be also good if the players could see somewhere the amount of neighbors they have. For extend your farm you need certain amount of neighbours and counting it manually is not a good way.

- Perhaps it will be possible to bring in the setting or somewhere else a list, which neighbor watered your farm most. In this case you can water their farm as well instead water farms from neighbors who never watered your farm

Unregistered
06-12-10, 07:24 AM
Finally, while the idea of being able to group select plots for plowing, planting, harvesting is not a bad idea at all, I would like to have a couple of simple buttons for "plow all", "plant all" (with a single crop), and "harvest all". That would be great for those of us who would like to build some fast income with the short-term crops. At the moment I cant even plant raspberries on my 14 x 14 farm because there is so much tapping involved that they are ripe and approaching wilting on one end of the farm while I am still plowing and planting on the other end of the farm.

I've got a Farm with crops on a square 11X14. When I start plowing and get to the other side and than start seeding Raspberry's I've got just enough time not to let them wither, and I can keep going with a Collect, Plow, Seed, Collect, Plow, Seed, Collect, etc,etc. However this way is very dull after a while. It is the fastes way to gain money though.

Ellie
06-12-10, 07:54 AM
Although not averse to multi plough/sow/collect and at the risk of upsetting some farmers, maybe this should be as a purchase for hard cash like gems are at the moment. I personally would prefer the ability to earn gems and do manual ploughing etc.

Hawk 8
06-12-10, 03:15 PM
I am in favor of the plow, plant, and harvest buttons. With a farm 19x19, to plow, plant, and harvest it takes 1,083 taps!

Unregistered
02-05-11, 03:34 PM
add me: joeeanna