PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question, but...............

queentina3
02-08-12, 08:21 PM
I'm curious about something and it's probably a stupid question, but since I'm new to goals I figured I would make a fool out of myself and ask anyways. :p

I've noticed when I request to iOS users for lipstick and etc, that they also send me gifts. Now, I really don't know how this works even in BS/RS, but if I get clothes gifts will that bump off any request gifts for the goals that I may receive? I've been declining all gifts that past few days in FS as I was afraid that my request gifts wouldn't/couldn't come through and now I'm wondering if that is the case since many of those gifts came from iOS users and they would know not to send gifts if it was possible to bump a goal request, right?

On the same note, if anybody knows that answer for BS/RS as well, I would appreciate knowing. I know for those that food gifts/part gifts will bump each other, but what about requests for the goals, as we don't see those when they come in. We only see when someone needs something from us.

Also, does anyone think that TL should allow us to SEE who has gifted us for our requests from the goals???? We can see when someone gifts us food, parts, clothes, etc, but not who responded to our goal requests and I think that's a bit nuts. LOL!!!!

kooky panda
02-08-12, 08:26 PM
All the game-- You can recieve 20 regular gifts per day plus 20 goal/constuctible items per day.

The regular gifts should not count towards any goal or material parts totals.

and yes , I would like to see who sent me the goal or constructible part.

queentina3
02-08-12, 08:28 PM
Thanks Kooky. Guess I'll stop declining all those slacks and red sweaters being sent to me. My racks are looking a bit bare right now as I'm waiting on a goal request to come through and then I can move onto the next step, so I've been keeping my slots open in anticipation. LOL!!!

driftboutique
02-08-12, 08:48 PM
One nice thing for BS/RS is that if neighbors gift you parts vs accepting a request, that counts toward your gifts. So theoretically you can get 40 parts a day, 20 from requests and 20 from gifts. That's my understanding, anyway, someone correct me if I'm wrong!

queentina3
02-08-12, 09:01 PM
One nice thing for BS/RS is that if neighbors gift you parts vs accepting a request, that counts toward your gifts. So theoretically you can get 40 parts a day, 20 from requests and 20 from gifts. That's my understanding, anyway, someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, that is what I thought but I wondered about the goal requests being bumped by those other gifts coming through. Since we don't see them, and I have received NONE today in FS, it made me wonder. I've gotten about 30 gift requests come though and I've declined them all, but not ONE of my goal requests have come back ALL DAY.

I'm waiting on the following and I can't move on until I get them: :(

1 get well rose from Save Meow part 5
3 assistants from Boutique party pt 7
7 sultry lipstick from Love is in the air pt 8
1 Diamond Ring from The Proposal pt 5
2 lipsticks from Album Release pt 4

I've received NONE today and I sent out my requests this AM around 730 Eastern. I didn't have any when I logged into the game either this AM, which really worries me. I have completed all the other parts of those goals and am just waiting on these requests to move forward. :(

bobbyrae
02-08-12, 09:18 PM

That's how both DWF & GM said it should work. In reality, however, what seems to happen in BS & RS (i haven't built the makeup counter in Fashion & don't play the other stories) is that once the gifts fall off the newsfeed they don't ever come back on it, yet they count towards your daily "received" 20 gifts, even though you never accepted them. Yet apparently they do not go into your inventory. Your newsfeed is set to only show ten gifts at a time.
So this morning 10 neighbours sent me gifts but i did not log into my game this morning, so i didn't see those ten gifts or accept or decline them. Then in the afternoon another ten neighbours sent me gifts, the first ten gifts get knocked off the newsfeed, never to appear again. I open the game in the afternoon. I only see the ten gifts in the newsfeed and accept all ten. The newsfeed should adjust and the ten that got knocked off should come back on, but they do not. Yet they count towards my received daily limit of gifts. So that when my other neighbours try to send me gifts that day they will get a message that I am maxed out.
So what's actually happening is that you will likely receive all your requested items (20 per day), but will likely only receive 10 regular gifts per day- unless you are really vigilant and catch every gift before it falls off the newsfeed. :(

bobbyrae
02-08-12, 09:25 PM
I've gotten about 30 gift requests come though and I've declined them all, but not ONE of my goal requests have come back ALL DAY (

Dou you mean you declined the gifts neighbours sent or you declined their requests for gifts to complete their goals?

I find that there can be a significant delay sometimes between when i send out a request and when a neighbour receives that request and then another delay between when they accept it and when i receive it. Smetimes that delay can last a few minutes to a few hours. I also notice that sometimes when i respond to pending requests in my newsfeed that it somehow causes my requested items to rush in. Not sure why that is.
I also only send requests out to people who send me requests. That way i am able to sort of keep track of who is responding to my requests and I know for sure that I am not accidentally sending out requests to inactive players or players using androids.

queentina3
02-08-12, 09:32 PM
Exactly bobbyrae, and that is why I was able to get so many "gifts" today because I was vigilante and declined them when there were only a few in the news feed at a time. Normally I accept all gifts in Fashion as I don't have a makeup counter to worry about parts for, but I declined them the past 2 days thinking they would bump off my goal requests. LOL!!!

queentina3
02-08-12, 09:33 PM
I declined all gifts sent to me, like sweaters, slacks, pumps....................I answer all requests given to me no matter what. I also stopped gifting thinking it would tie up my neighbors from receiving their goal requests, but now that I know that isn't the case, I'll gift them again. I'm an idiot.

driftboutique
02-08-12, 09:43 PM
Gifting is way too complicated o_o

bobbyrae
02-08-12, 10:01 PM
I declined all gifts sent to me, like sweaters, slacks, pumps....................I answer all requests given to me no matter what. I also stopped gifting thinking it would tie up my neighbors from receiving their goal requests, but now that I know that isn't the case, I'll gift them again. I'm an idiot.
I wouldn't say you're an idiot at all...i think we all drive ourselves mad trying to figure out how this gifting thing actually works. We still don't know what the ****ens is going on. I send requests to my other game and i sometimes never see those requests on my other game.
But officially regular gifts and goal/parts requests are supposed to be different. The one should not affect the other. That's what should happen. Should, of course being the operative word. What happens in reality...well...as drift said. The whole thing is way too complicated. >.<

maggieyyli
02-08-12, 11:32 PM
The gifting is still a mystery to me :)

Last x'mas version, I guessed the root cause might be 'send to all' feature. Even you unchecked most of the neighbors and just sent to some; the system somehow still sent the request to all neighbors. After you finished that goal, your neighbors still accepted your request and used up all maximum daily quota. Next time you requested, you might need to compete with the previous requests and that made you wait long.

In this valentine's update, that feature is gone (great!) and I can receive daily 20 gifts and collect my requested items quite timely. I am quite certain that the gift does not affect requests. Try not to send all but a few reliable neighbors and make use of the reset feature at 12:00 PST

queentina3
02-08-12, 11:41 PM
I wish I could maggieyyli, but I would have to stay up until 3a. I'm up at 6-630a every day so even staying up as late as I am right now is ****ing me. LOL!!!!