PDA

View Full Version : I want my gems back!

dd9321
02-08-12, 05:33 PM
I had 25 gems, which I had spent real money on. Now I'm left with 5 because my finger slipped while I was looking at a goal and I accidentally pressed the skip for 20 gems button. It was just to serve 20 baked scallops! Is there anything I can do, or will TL choose to just ignore it? Why can't they understand that people aren't going to spend money on gems when they're going to end up wasting them on something they don't want because there's no confirmation button?

nmishii
02-08-12, 05:47 PM
TeamLava does not refund gems or coins for accidental purchases. Sorry.

dalula
02-08-12, 05:49 PM
yes, unfortunately they will not refund gems. you can join a confirm button petition and HOPEFULLY TL will take action

atlantisonearth
02-08-12, 05:54 PM
You can Private Message a TL employee on these forums for them to look into your account.

atlantisonearth
02-08-12, 05:55 PM
However, this does not guarantee that you will be refunded for your gems.

nmishii
02-08-12, 06:04 PM
You can Private Message a TL employee on these forums for them to look into your account.

Their records will most likely say she spent 20 gems to skip the task to bake 20 scallops.

inheavenmin
02-10-12, 03:47 AM
PM-ing or emailing them NEVER WORKS. it's futile.
they'll say they can't return you the gems.

estiquesophy
02-10-12, 04:12 AM
I had 25 gems, which I had spent real money on. Now I'm left with 5 because my finger slipped while I was looking at a goal and I accidentally pressed the skip for 20 gems button. It was just to serve 20 baked scallops! Is there anything I can do, or will TL choose to just ignore it? Why can't they understand that people aren't going to spend money on gems when they're going to end up wasting them on something they don't want because there's no confirmation button?
The same thing happened to me.
I have just lost 40 gems as I accidentally tabbed skip,for 20 gems. I have to wake up early in the morning to serve my food and checked my goals and this happened because i am too zealous for the game. Since so many players have been bringing this up for a long time, I don't see why designing a pop up window for confirmation of using gems is so difficult.

The good news is when you email Apple and explain your situation, they do refund you. But, TeamLava NEEDS to solve this problem. I have only started playing these games last November but I have sent the most complaints emails in all my life. This is also the first time I have ever participated in a forum as a result of my frustrations with some of TeamLava's practices.

But thank God, Apple is understanding!

pbrigitte
02-10-12, 05:22 AM
I accidentally bought a box that I didn't want not once but twice just because the game slowed down and registered my finger taps on a delay, there needs to be a confirm button, it's just a good faith gesture.

dafkes24
02-13-12, 06:36 AM
I accidentally bought a box that I didn't want not once but twice just because the game slowed down and registered my finger taps on a delay, there needs to be a confirm button, it's just a good faith gesture.

It's happened to me to.
You have right return the confirm button. This make the game fair, because i read a lot about people with this problem

dd9321
02-13-12, 02:06 PM
I've emailed Apple and they're extremely helpful!

DaojinWildfire
02-13-12, 03:10 PM
A word of caution when requesting refunds, if your account does not have enough Gems/CC to cover the refund, your account may be permanently suspended in order for the refund to be processed.

xcellent
02-13-12, 03:32 PM
Wow! Permanently suspended?! In short -- banned!

Is that the action of TL for players who just wanted to take back which is NOT righfully given?
How about implementing the much requested confirmation button to avoid this kind of action?

In my side, i can wait for a month without updates as long as this button is implemented....... Just a month :p....

*Wishful thinking*

julia3032
02-13-12, 06:42 PM
A word of caution when requesting refunds, if your account does not have enough Gems/CC to cover the refund, your account may be permanently suspended in order for the refund to be processed.

Why do you think it is that you have to confirm selling anything, even a table for a few coins and there is none to confirm gem purchases? It's not a matter of time needed to implement this. Or putting off updates in order to do it. TL WANTS it this way. It's part of their business plan. And see how TL staff replies? Threats of banishment. And why would they need gems to cover the refund, when TL already took them? Daojin, how do you sleep at night, knowing you work for a company that *****s its customers?

ariesblu
02-13-12, 06:46 PM
Why do you think it is that you have to confirm selling anything, even a table for a few coins and there is none to confirm gem purchases? It's not a matter of time needed to implement this. Or putting off updates in order to do it. TL WANTS it this way. It's part of their business plan. And see how TL staff replies? Threats of banishment. And why would they need gems to cover the refund, when TL already took them? Daojin, how do you sleep at night, knowing you work for a company that *****s its customers?
I have yet to see an answer from any of the mods over the reasoning of a confirmation button over the selling of menial things, yet no confirmation button over the issues that people have been having forever.

julia3032
02-13-12, 06:48 PM
I have yet to see an answer from any of the mods over the reasoning of a confirmation button over the selling of menial things, yet no confirmation button over the issues that people have been having forever.

Nor will you. They know what's up. I doubt they are allowed to comment.

ariesblu
02-13-12, 06:50 PM
Nor will you. They know what's up. I doubt they are allowed to comment.
Either that or they just don't care.

julia3032
02-13-12, 06:53 PM
Either that or they just don't care. There are probably some that do...and some that don't. In any event, what could they possibly say about it?

ohdiscordia
02-13-12, 11:59 PM
The mods of the forum probably can't do anything about it since they aren't TL employees but that's really gross they threaten to ban your account permanently if you make a stink to Apple :( its like "oh you want to complain? This is how we'll take care of that"

ohdiscordia
02-14-12, 12:00 AM
And why do you need to have enough gems to cover a refund? How does refunding your account LOST gems involve taking them away?

tinyl
02-14-12, 03:05 AM

Do you mean temporary suspended while the refund is being processed?

kooky panda
02-14-12, 06:03 AM
The mods of the forum probably can't do anything about it since they aren't TL employees but that's really gross they threaten to ban your account permanently if you make a stink to Apple :( its like "oh you want to complain? This is how we'll take care of that"

And why do you need to have enough gems to cover a refund? How does refunding your account LOST gems involve taking them away?
Actually GM, Dw and BP are Team Lava employees.

Dw did not say that if you go to apple that they will ban you account, what he is saying , is if you go to apple stating you want a refund due to accidentally purchasing gems, then those gems should still be in your game so TL can remove them when you get your refund from apple.
In other words, if you get the gems, but go to apple for a refund, you should not be spending the gems in the game knowing that you may be getting your money back from apple.

3squares
02-14-12, 07:27 AM
Kind of a Catch-22 , isn't it? No way to get satisfaction. If u complain u can't play. If u don't complain u allow yourself to be *****ed. What a way to do business.

I DO see TL's POV in this issue, but I'm still shaking my head in disgust. ALL TL HAS TO DO IS ADD A CONFIRM PURCHASE BUTTON and this problem will go away!

queentina3
02-14-12, 07:44 AM
Actually GM, Dw and BP are Team Lava employees.

Dw did not say that if you go to apple that they will ban you account, what he is saying , is if you go to apple stating you want a refund due to accidentally purchasing gems, then those gems should still be in your game so TL can remove them when you get your refund from apple.
In other words, if you get the gems, but go to apple for a refund, you should not be spending the gems in the game knowing that you may be getting your money back from apple.

Maybe DW isn't understanding what the users are going to Apple for a refund for then? It isn't because they purchased gems, it is because the gems they purchased were used for something they didn't want and TL won't give them the gems back and take back the accident purchased item. People are getting money back from Apple for purchased gems that were used for items they didn't want, so the gems aren't going to be on the account any longer.

I guess TL really doesn't want people to purchase gems anymore, because if people start losing access to their games because TL won't give back gems that purchased items by mistake, then people will just stop buying gems completely. They are only hurting themselves in this situation and I really think they need to understand what the issue is, and I'm not so sure they do based off of DW's response in this case.

DaojinWildfire
02-14-12, 12:32 PM
I understand the reason to go to Apple for a refund for accidental gem purchases. If you purchase a gem package by accident and the full amount of gems are still on the account, then there should be no issue processing a refund. If you purchase a gem package and use a portion of the gems, then your account no longer has the original amount of gems received from the purchase. Since there is less than the full amount of gems purchased on the account ...

your account may be permanently suspended in order for the refund to be processed.

Please remember that I did mention that this was a word of caution. I'm only providing information so you don't accidentally permanently suspend your own account.

queentina3
02-14-12, 01:37 PM
I understand the reason to go to Apple for a refund for accidental gem purchases. If you purchase a gem package by accident and the full amount of gems are still on the account, then there should be no issue processing a refund. If you purchase a gem package and use a portion of the gems, then your account no longer has the original amount of gems received from the purchase. Since there is less than the full amount of gems purchased on the account ...

Please remember that I did mention that this was a word of caution. I'm only providing information so you don't accidentally permanently suspend your own account.

I still don't think you are understanding the issue. They aren't talking about Accidental GEM purchase PACKAGES. They are talking about the GEMS they bought are being used in GEM traps or in the design tab of the game for items they didn't want. We aren't talking about the Apple Store Gem Package purchases that are $4.99 +. We are talking about somebody mistapping and getting a Table they didn't want, a Chair they didn't want, a SLOT in fashion they didn't want an expansion because the ARROWS are right at the edge of the FLOOR, and etc....... TL will not give back gems to the players for these issues and so the players have decided to go to Apple to get a refund for their entire GEM PACKAGE instead.

If TL would just take back what was accidently TAPPED in the game and give back the GEMS that purchased that item, there wouldn't be an issue. Or if TL would give us a confirmation button for when we accidently HIT an item that COSTS GEMS within the game, there wouldn't be an issue.

fastcatiecat
02-14-12, 02:01 PM
Lost gems too. They have a canned response saying they can't reverse purchases. They need a confirmation button just as they have if you accidentally hit the sell button. What a rip off!!!! We need to do something to get their attention...no one play their game for a day?????

pastrychef17
02-14-12, 02:09 PM
We need to do something to get their attention...no one play their game for a day?????

I really don't think this does anything except give a player a break from playing and have their neighbors go untipped and ungifted for a day. How does that bother TL in any way? If you want their attention, don't buy gems until there's a gem confirmation button. Sale or no sale. That's what I'm doing. I'm also spending my gems as soon as I earn enough for what I want so I don't have large amounts of gems at risk of being lost. I'm down to 1 gem in RS and it's quite liberating to play without worrying about losing any gems if I mistap or the server goes out of sync. They can't take what I don't have.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-14-12, 02:29 PM

They won't give you anything back. I accidentally finished a dish instantly trying to clear a flipping pop up. There needs to be a confirm button. But people would still probably accidentally spend them trying to clear pop ups. I am about over that to the point of quitting the games. :(

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-14-12, 02:44 PM
Lost gems too. They have a canned response saying they can't reverse purchases. They need a confirmation button just as they have if you accidentally hit the sell button. What a rip off!!!! We need to do something to get their attention...no one play their game for a day?????
What would that do? Besides that you would never get everyone to stick together. Just sayin.

Montegoe
02-14-12, 03:35 PM
If you spend coins in any of the games - confirmation button asking if you really want to spend the coins is already there.

If you spend gems in any of the games - confirmation button asking if you really want to spend the gems is not there.

Given the months/years that a gem confirmation button similar to the one used for coins has been requested in jsut about every game they have, and the appearance that TL doesn't seem interested in adding it, people assume it is intentionally designed this way.

We're talking about a significant amount of threads/posts/etc. about this one issue. Imagine how much friendlier the forums would be without all of the drama this one issue creates.

How many more posts, angry players, complaints, refunds via ap stores, etc. is it going to take?

pinkster73
02-14-12, 04:10 PM
If you spend coins in any of the games - confirmation button asking if you really want to spend the coins is already there.

If you spend gems in any of the games - confirmation button asking if you really want to spend the gems is not there.

Given the months/years that a gem confirmation button similar to the one used for coins has been requested in jsut about every game they have, and the appearance that TL doesn't seem interested in adding it, people assume it is intentionally designed this way.

We're talking about a significant amount of threads/posts/etc. about this one issue. Imagine how much friendlier the forums would be without all of the drama this one issue creates.

How many more posts, angry players, complaints, refunds via ap stores, etc. is it going to take?

325 638 764 863?

Montegoe
02-14-12, 04:46 PM
325 638 764 863?

Is that the combination to the vault at TL that holds all of the gems spent in error?

Loveone101
02-14-12, 06:14 PM
the mods of the forum probably can't do anything about it since they aren't tl employees but that's really gross they threaten to ban your account permanently if you make a stink to apple :( its like "oh you want to complain? This is how we'll take care of that"

bingooooo!!!!!

pinkster73
02-14-12, 08:01 PM
Is that the combination to the vault at TL that holds all of the gems spent in error?

Ha ha. It's the number of complaints needed before something happens.

dafkes24
02-15-12, 01:27 AM
Well if everyone would place their complaints here in this tread, there would be several more to known. Now they are here and there in various Treads.

What i want to say to. To send a mail to the support it does not help they don't (or almost) answers.

duckieduckduck
02-15-12, 05:25 AM
I can't remember how much gem I lose by those gem trap,

I dont think anyone will want to "instant finish" any dish, or use gem to exhange for very little amouont of coins,
I remember someone said he/she lose 100 gem by accident,
these 2 function is really nasty..

ariesblu
02-15-12, 05:28 AM
I can't remember how much gem I lose by those gem trap,

I dont think anyone will want to "instant finish" any dish, or use gem to exhange for very little amouont of coins,
I remember someone said he/she lose 100 gem by accident,
these 2 function is really nasty..
Wow if I lost 100 gems, it would be a done deal for me.

yo3ana
02-15-12, 05:33 AM
Yea I exchanged 10 gems for 10,000 coins when I was still new to games thought the exchange is vice versa and I'll get gems for coins anyway I dunno if trap is the right word but definitely I did spend over 50 gems in unintentional items, functions sometime not sure on what, I'd like to see a confirm in future just to make sense on what I'm paying..

pika4ever88
02-15-12, 08:38 PM
I still don't think you are understanding the issue.

Lol. I'm sorry but that line got a chuckle out of me. Off topic but reminds me of the time I was at the Apple Store and trying to explain to the agent that along with my repaired computer (that wasn't turning on and thus couldn't eject discs...), I was also expecting the start up disc that was stuck inside the computer. Her reasoning was that the store didn't have my disc and it should've been returned to me when I dropped it off as that's their policy. She still stuck to that point, rephrasing it differently each time, even after I pointed out that it wasn't turning on or ejecting discs the day I brought it in and thus the agent I worked with couldn't have returned me that disc that day. She was kind of implying that this is a non-issue and why am I still arguing here... dw is doing the same here... =.=.

ohdiscordia
02-16-12, 03:31 AM
So, no answer in regard to being permanently banned for complaining to Apple about gem traps? Since that's clearly what I was asking about, not accidental gem purchases since at least Android will not let you purchase things with out like two separate confirmations!

PartyScout
02-17-12, 12:03 PM
I want a confirmation button!!!
I lost 10 gems accidentally over the last couple of days and I am mad enough to stop playing!!!

TheHelpfulPlace
02-18-12, 07:09 AM

Let me get this straight.
You buy gem, 24 of them.
Then you accidentally buy an extra appliance slot
Then you ask for a refund from apple because TeamLava doesn't refund accidental purchases.
And then you have a possibility of getting banned because of it? Wowwww =.=

TheHelpfulPlace
02-18-12, 07:11 AM
& one more thing.
I am a kindergarten teacher so I know this could and probably has happened.
Your 6 year old gets ahold of your device and inadvertently purchases gems and spends some or all of them.

Then what?

TheHelpfulPlace
02-18-12, 07:13 AM
And one last thing (sorry for blabbing )
If you do suspend someone to process the refund couldn't you allow them to purchase the gems with the refunded money and then you take the gems away (to make up for the gems that were purchased, spent, and refunded?) That should be an option especially if their young child got ahold of things. :)

ohdiscordia
02-18-12, 01:00 PM
I think that is what DW is talking about there.. accidental purchase of gem packages. I don't know how it is for iOS, but my Android device requires me to click through about three more screens after tapping purchase in-game. But he responded to a discussion about asking TL to refund gems spent due to mistapping with a weird thing about possibly having your account permanently banned if you go around TL and complain to Apple for a refund, which is really shady business if you ask me.

ohdiscordia
02-18-12, 01:04 PM
I think its really obvious there is a problem with gem traps in the game, and I think its gross how TL ignores months and months of complaints and that its even possible for them to steal back gems that people paid real cash for.

sweetstuff525
02-18-12, 07:27 PM
And one last thing (sorry for blabbing )
If you do suspend someone to process the refund couldn't you allow them to purchase the gems with the refunded money and then you take the gems away (to make up for the gems that were purchased, spent, and refunded?) That should be an option especially if their young child got ahold of things. :)

Would t that take you back to square one? If they refunded and you bought gems again then team lava takes them from there you are still out the money and gems?

TheHelpfulPlace
02-18-12, 07:29 PM
Would t that take you back to square one? If they refunded and you bought gems again then team lava takes them from there you are still out the money and gems?

Yes but you wouldn't be suspended :)

queentina3
02-18-12, 07:45 PM
Yes but you wouldn't be suspended :)

If I was suspended from my games because I asked Apple/Google Market to replace what was wrongly taken from me, I would just stop the games right there and then, all of them. I would not go ahead and allow them to then take more money from me just so I could keep playing a game that already stole from me.

Just sayin'

mushroom79
02-18-12, 08:17 PM
I think its really obvious there is a problem with gem traps in the game, and I think its gross how TL ignores months and months of complaints and that its even possible for them to steal back gems that people paid real cash for.

Its not months anymore. Years. I believe since 2010 when the games are released, people are already asking for a confirm button that never came.

julia3032
02-19-12, 01:30 AM
Sometimes it is not even accidental tapping. Sometimes it is their own "out of sync" error that takes gems. And still they persist in stating that we "bought" something for those gems, when we know perfectly well that we didn't even touch the screen. I haven't bought gems for quite some time now, but it is ridiculous to play a game that you have to be so careful in tapping so you don't lose your hard earned gems. I would love to hear from one mod, any mod, how they think this is ethical.

willbuh
02-19-12, 06:43 AM
i'm so angry, i accidentally spent 48 gems on two valentine gift boxes, didn't even want one, i only tried to click the info button. spent 5 gems on skipping food once by accident which i could live with but this was ridiculous. teamlava, get off your and start sorting this game out for iOS AND most importantly, Android!