PDA

View Full Version : Help with goal (Urgent!)

Tiffyyx3
02-08-12, 03:05 PM
Hi all,

I have an urgent problem that needs to be addressed quickly. Seeing as how the holiday events will end in 10 hours, I'm hoping someone can help me out soon. I'm on the goal called "Egging on Him". I finished cooking the 40 mince pies and 60 Tips. It says that I need 3 more eggs. This morning (about 10 hours ago) I sent a request to all of my neighbors(I wanted to finish this goal ASAP) and now it still says I need 3 more eggs to finish this goal. Does anyone know if there is a glitch with the goals because I know for certain that my neighbors accepted my request and I should have 10 eggs by now but I still need 3. Does anyone know if there is a certain time they update the status on the goals? I'm hoping that I don't have to wait until 3EST to finish the goal because by then the time will be up and I won't be able to receive the prize. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you, it is very appreciated.

bobbyrae
02-08-12, 03:13 PM
Unfortunately there can be a delay in the system...and yes, the gifting/requesting system is extremely buggy. I hope you get the gifts before the time runs out...

viviansmo
02-08-12, 03:43 PM
It doesn't always work, but sometimes it helps to just make sure you look at your own news feed and accept requests/gifts. Ive done this and suddenly had my own requested items appear.
Also the standard restart-your-game/device might get it to recognize the incoming gifts.

pastrychef17
02-08-12, 03:45 PM
Unfortunately, if you sent the request to all your neighbors, you might have slowed yourself down. I don't know how many neighbors you sent it to but it seems like there's a lag if more than the allowed 20 per day get it/accept it. When they receive it, when they accept it and when you actually receive it seems to be delayed the more people the request is sent to. I would advise you delete the game on your device and reinstall it. I don't know if that'll clear your cache but even if it does, you might still have to wait for the midnight PST reset to be able to receive more. Make sure you're also not sending out parts requests if you're building an appliance as that also counts along with ingredients.

Tiffyyx3
02-08-12, 03:48 PM
It doesn't always work, but sometimes it helps to just make sure you look at your own news feed and accept requests/gifts. Ive done this and suddenly had my own requested items appear.
Also the standard restart-your-game/device might get it to recognize the incoming gifts.

Thank you for yout input!
What do you mean by restarting my game/device?

Tiffyyx3
02-08-12, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately, if you sent the request to all your neighbors, you might have slowed yourself down. I don't know how many neighbors you sent it to but it seems like there's a lag if more than the allowed 20 per day get it/accept it. When they receive it, when they accept it and when you actually receive it seems to be delayed the more people the request is sent to. I would advise you delete the game on your device and reinstall it. I don't know if that'll clear your cache but even if it does, you might still have to wait for the midnight PST reset to be able to receive more. Make sure you're also not sending out parts requests if you're building an appliance as that also counts along with ingredients.

Oh, I unfortunately did not know that ):
Yeah, I've only sent out the egg requests and nothing else
I will try reinstalling the game right now.
Thank you!

DaojinWildfire
02-08-12, 05:36 PM
Make sure you're playing from the Valentine version and not the normal version.

Tiffyyx3
02-08-12, 05:41 PM
Make sure you're playing from the Valentine version and not the normal version.

Hmm, would that really affect it? This was from the holiday goals back in december which got extended to february. Normally I didn't have any issues with this, but now it started happening. Any ideas?

cast1532
02-08-12, 05:47 PM
Which goals will disappear tomorrow or is it just the merchandise? Also, willie know ahead of time when the goals expire?

DaojinWildfire
02-08-12, 07:34 PM
Hmm, would that really affect it? This was from the holiday goals back in december which got extended to february. Normally I didn't have any issues with this, but now it started happening. Any ideas?
Yes, it does affect it. The Valentine version contains the latest fixes, which would matter if one of the fixes involved the gifting/requesting feature.

Tiffyyx3
02-08-12, 07:44 PM
Yes, it does affect it. The Valentine version contains the latest fixes, which would matter if one of the fixes involved the gifting/requesting feature.

Ahh, I see. I just checked my bakery and something strange happened. It now says I have 19 hours to complete the goal. Weird. o;

mimisarah
02-09-12, 12:23 AM
I never had BS request issues until the day before yesterday, I am stuck in request have more than 28 hour and only got 8 back. I only have Valentine app (I only keep the new versions and delete old ones) and never ever had a problem on BS, this is new I am not the only one. I only send counted request to iOS nbr, sometimes if I need 1 request I send to 1nbr. This feels like FS christmas request bug. I will wait to reset time and check, but please TL check this out it's not normal I am at the very end of Valentine Goals I can tell it is new and not good :(.