PDA

View Full Version : Goals, HATE THEM

noelle2028
02-07-12, 10:26 PM
Goals: HATE THEM, I stopped playing for like a month when they 1st came out, Teamlavas worst idea yet. They take way too long, and there are way too many. By the time I'm done with the Valentines day goals, it'll be March, and they'll have new ones. So PLEASE make them shorter, easier, or just get rid of them.
~Jessica

yo3ana
02-07-12, 11:31 PM
People wouldn't like goals that end so soon even before the event day comes its still one week before vday and some people are close to finishing the goals.. Anyway they are fun to do unless you don't enjoy them then you can forget about them..

aiyayu
02-08-12, 12:43 AM
Well since the goal system is something new there are bound to be mishaps, and TL is still working out many out the many kinks out of the system. Since I'm on android I didn't keep track of the new round of goals, but I think they don't require players to buy gem costing decorations anymore. Which is a positive improvement after that fiasco. I hope they continue to listen to the constructive feedback to improve it more in the future so that everyone on all platforms can enjoy their work.

Its unfortunate that you don't like the quests noelle, but at the very least you have the option to do them. Or choose not to do, which is perfectly fine. Its something just something extra and not mandatory.

flowless
02-08-12, 12:57 AM
U can always choose
U don't have to the goals
Some nbr dto skip the goals
Some choose w goal they want to achieve

If goals where too easy
It wouldnt fun to do

Any way some times I hate having to do food the take 1 day
But the advantage that will get the requirements ready by the time the food is done

nmishii
02-08-12, 01:21 AM
I don't like the goals because they are not available to all players. Androids have not gotten any of the goals.

ultrafrog
02-08-12, 09:33 AM
If TL actually cared they should put in the option to display goals or not in the main screen. People that don't want to do goals can hide the icon.

Out of sight, out of mind.

The goals would still be viewable through a menu option, much like collectible and badges are, and any recipes prepared that go to goals would still be counted.

sourlicorice2
02-08-12, 09:39 AM
Well since the goal system is something new there are bound to be mishaps, and TL is still working out many out the many kinks out of the system. Since I'm on android I didn't keep track of the new round of goals, but I think they don't require players to buy gem costing decorations anymore. Which is a positive improvement after that fiasco. I hope they continue to listen to the constructive feedback to improve it more in the future so that everyone on all platforms can enjoy their work.

Its unfortunate that you don't like the quests noelle, but at the very least you have the option to do them. Or choose not to do, which is perfectly fine. Its something just something extra and not mandatory.

Not quite true. In Farm one goal requires u to buy four corgi dogs (55 gems for one) or skip the goal for 4 gems. However I hated the goals at first but they have grown on me and I like them now. Needless to say I skipped the farm goal for 4 gems but if it had been for more gems then that I would have just not completed that goal.

sourlicorice2
02-08-12, 09:39 AM
I don't like the goals because they are not available to all players. Androids have not gotten any of the goals.

I don't blame u. TL should have made them available for both platforms. They screwed up on that once again.

pinkster73
02-08-12, 10:09 AM
I wish I had them, so I could see if I like them or not.

Montegoe
02-08-12, 10:36 AM
I have them and like them. I especially like that they help me bake things I would normally skip like 16-hour hot chocolate and 1-day love potions and other stuff like that. While I am leveling up to the cap I tend to focus on the most efficient items to gain xp so having incentive to do the other items is a good thing in my opinion.

I also think TL needs to set a goal for itself and handle the parity issues between the devices.

pastrychef17
02-08-12, 10:50 AM
I think goals should be made available on both platforms or, at a minimum, the goal recipes & decoration rewards should be made available to Android players as a default until they can get goals. Otherwise, I like them and I think they've improved since they first started doing goals - no more gem requirements to complete a goal, requesting system actually works (most of the time) and more incorporation of the new recipes in the goals.

If someone doesn't like them, they don't have to do them. Just like I can complain about the slow consumption rate in Bakery and having too much food but I can correct that problem myself by clearing my counters. I could hope (and still do) that TL would speed up the consumption rate but, recognizing that might hurt lower level players in keeping their bakeries stocked, I'd rather to continue to self-correct the issue than wishing for a solution that might not be good for everyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I hope that those "hating" the goals don't jeopardize their availability and continuation for the rest of us who do like them.

Limaxa
02-08-12, 10:59 AM
I like them.. I like Games with "quests" :) but some tasks are too difficult like those stupid 1 day Cookies.

noelle2028
02-09-12, 08:05 PM
I just wish they didnt take as long, there should only be 1 step instead of 3, and they shouldn't be "make 30 things that take 1 day each". And yes i know I have the option 2 do them, but I really want all the food unlocked. And they should reward us for them in gems. And 1 last thing, they should only have 3 per season.

jubelyr
02-13-12, 11:00 AM
How do you installated the goals on a ipad1 in THE bakery shop? I have it in the Restaurant but don't know how i get it by THE bakery. Thnx for the information.

kattybell
02-13-12, 11:41 AM
How do you installated the goals on a ipad1 in THE bakery shop? I have it in the Restaurant but don't know how i get it by THE bakery. Thnx for the information.

Have you downloaded bakery shop valentines?

ariesblu
02-13-12, 12:00 PM
Well the options you have are to either participate and complete them, or ignore them. Be grateful that you have a choice to do either.

EricasYummys
02-13-12, 11:28 PM
I like having goals and being able to get decorations for completing them. I probably wouldn't master so many recipes without them. I've been earning gems by mastering which is nice since I don't buy them. I'm still working on the goals since I dont have 18 appliances. When I do finish I will probably finish mastering some of the recipes I normally wouldn't have made.

sourlicorice2
02-14-12, 10:35 AM
I think goals should be made available on both platforms or, at a minimum, the goal recipes & decoration rewards should be made available to Android players as a default until they can get goals. Otherwise, I like them and I think they've improved since they first started doing goals - no more gem requirements to complete a goal, requesting system actually works (most of the time) and more incorporation of the new recipes in the goals.

If someone doesn't like them, they don't have to do them. Just like I can complain about the slow consumption rate in Bakery and having too much food but I can correct that problem myself by clearing my counters. I could hope (and still do) that TL would speed up the consumption rate but, recognizing that might hurt lower level players in keeping their bakeries stocked, I'd rather to continue to self-correct the issue than wishing for a solution that might not be good for everyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I hope that those "hating" the goals don't jeopardize their availability and continuation for the rest of us who do like them.

There is a gem requirement on Farm for one goal as I posted before. 4 corgis for 55 gems each or skip it for 5 gems but other than that one I haven't come across another one that requires gems to complete yet anyways.

BrittneyBay
03-24-12, 08:49 PM
I love the goals. I hate the fact that they take so long. I don't mind the goals being completed in 3 steps, but when 1 step out of the 3 requires 30 cookies at 1 day each, and the lower level players can't have 5 sugar coater appliances, this 1 part of the goal will automatically take 30 days for most low level players. For me, when I first started playing and tried getting the goals, I was literally hours from completing 2 of them when they were completely taken away without any prior warning, which infuriated me. Giving a better warning and using items that don't take 1 day or just less of them are the only improvements they need for goals.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-24-12, 10:16 PM
If TL actually cared they should put in the option to display goals or not in the main screen. People that don't want to do goals can hide the icon.

Out of sight, out of mind.

The goals would still be viewable through a menu option, much like collectible and badges are, and any recipes prepared that go to goals would still be counted.

OMG YES!!! I wish they would make this happen. Please, please please make that happen. When they first came out with the goals I found them annoying, but I could fairly easily ignore them. But then they made it so that they flash at you. It's like an annoying popup that won't go away and it's so hard to just ignore. I've often done the stupid goals for no other reason but to make them GO AWAY!! I hate them largely because they are so hard to ignore. I'd happily ignore them if I could hide them. The constant flashing drives me mad. :mad::mad::mad:

I was so annoyed that they had us making loads of hot chocolate and love potions. I'd already mastered those ages ago and then I had to make (way too many) more all over again. Ugh so annoying. I wish they would have us growing/making things that are newly released items so we don't have to make more stuff we've already mastered. I still have 2 goals left in Fashion that I'm never planning to do because they require me to order stuff I've already mastered and sold off. If they had us making/buying newly released stuff I think it would be better because everyone wants to order the new stuff anyway, so it would be a win/win.

I also hate that they make us "earn" new crops/recipes and such. What happened to just getting those as part of the updates? Why do we have to earn them now?

I also wish they would get rid of the ones that you only earn coins on. They are ALWAYS a losing situation. They require you to spent loads more money then you'll earn by completing it. So you actually lose money rather than gain anything. What's the point? Just want to keep everyone busy or what? I don't do those.

I wish the games would just go back to they way they were when I first started playing. It's as if the games are "under new management" or something and the new manager insists on doing things as differently as possible as the old management did. I want the old management back.

I also wish goals were available to all systems. Misery loves company. :p

SabatoBaby
03-24-12, 10:17 PM
I'm okay with the goals. However, the Christmas and Valentines Goals were close to each other and took a while to do, so I found myself getting goal fatigue. At the moment, I'm enjoying having a break from them and being able to cook what I want. If we get new goals, chances are I'll do them.

I thinik goals should also be available for Android players.

borj1
03-27-12, 01:43 PM
Hi! Regarding accessing goals in menu option, i cant find it there! So sad.

leeyuri1
03-31-12, 10:52 PM
I can't complete all the goals in time. I don't mind them but there are too many. I agree. I think they want us to fail. Especially the time limit ones~

mica923
04-04-12, 03:09 PM
The games are fun to play with goals, w/o goals are, well just boring

oxford37
04-04-12, 03:14 PM
Yeah I suppose Goals are alright:)

jumphigh128
04-06-12, 05:13 PM
I had them before, but now I DON'T HAVE ANY! THEY JUST DISSAPEARED!!!!!

quentinsmommy
04-08-12, 02:11 PM
I love them, but ONLY if they're not the seasonal or limited time ones. It can be quite stressful rushing to finish them to get the rare item before they're removed and you've lost the chance permanantly.

pops1972
04-08-12, 02:39 PM
I don't think I would like them (denial) first step in the grieving process.

onishija
04-09-12, 04:22 AM
I think I like the goals more than they have the special gifts. Sometimes we do not know that the gift is limited to that day only like the tulips and beehives but out pops the bunny ears and decorated eggs.. hard to decide what to gift. But I still dun like the fact sometimes we see 2-3x 1 day items.... that takes too long.

clemypoo
07-04-12, 08:56 AM
I am confused. I like the goals except I keep getting goals where I must install another game. Right now, I have 12 days for a game Dragon Story which I refuse to install and play. What can I do to skip these?

sourlicorice2
07-04-12, 09:01 AM
I am confused. I like the goals except I keep getting goals where I must install another game. Right now, I have 12 days for a game Dragon Story which I refuse to install and play. What can I do to skip these?

you can't. you'll just have to wait for it to time out and go away on its own.

I like most goals but hate the ones where they want you to download a new game. I hate even more the ones where it says to invite new nbrs cause I don't want anymore nbrs.

shakiba
07-04-12, 09:51 AM
you can't. you'll just have to wait for it to time out and go away on its own.

I like most goals but hate the ones where they want you to download a new game. I hate even more the ones where it says to invite new nbrs cause I don't want anymore nbrs.

I agree, plus expansion goals. I only like the real ones, like the one that gives out prizes or something like that.

sourlicorice2
07-04-12, 09:53 AM
I agree, plus expansion goals. I only like the real ones, like the one that gives out prizes or something like that.

same here, prizes or even better gem goals.

tweetea
07-04-12, 11:15 AM
Love goals since you get either free items or gems.

No complaints here... I just wish TL made the goals more related to BS though rather than having us play other games that have nothing to do with BS. I mean it is pretty pointless because once I get my gems I delete the game & never have once looked back to continue play any of those games.

jay1314
07-04-12, 12:23 PM
If they had better goals like the ones from Christmas that were actually challenging and fun then I'd like them but the ones we just got they suck no challenge at all

trace35
07-04-12, 07:47 PM
Don't think of them as goals, they aren't! TL used to give free gems to people for installing new games. They aren't allowed to do this anymore, so they set a 'goal' to install a game , which we don't get any gems for doing. After we install we get another goal to say, buy a chair, or serve a dish, and THATS what we get the gems for. Clever really.

angela_lie
07-06-12, 10:39 PM
I wish i get goals like ios users have... we, android users, didn't get any goals at all...
and i rrally need thr goals for advancing my games... cause i'm kinda stuck with the game cause some financial problems...

lildvl91
07-12-12, 03:22 AM
I like goals but not the ones they want you to download to try new game...those don't give anything and take up room on your phone..lol We need goals that we can earn gems or items..etc.

kancilkiller
07-16-12, 05:38 PM
I love Goals, but the new Goals are gone insane, asking me not only to install, but to play something I completely hate to play. Pet Hotel, Dragon Story, and the Bubble Maniac.... I really hate it.

mattyboo1
07-16-12, 05:39 PM
I love goals

FrozenIris
07-17-12, 03:00 PM
I only enjoy the goals that don't require me to download an app or something like that.
The ones that ask you to bake/prepare a specific item are easy and fun, and sometimes have gems as rewards, which helps a lot.