PDA

View Full Version : App closing when visiting via News Feed

queentina3
02-07-12, 07:07 PM
For some reason with BS everytime I try to visit someone via the News Feed the game closes on me. I didn't have this issue when I was on the Android but ever since I started playing on the iPad 2 it has been happening.

Since I've only ever downloaded the Bakery VS game, it isn't an issue of having different versions on my device. I've already done the usual steps: ie. Deleted and redownloaded, force closed, soft closed, and etc......

There are no other apps in my screen running, as I'm consistent in making sure of that due to problems I had with the games on my Android.

So...............What is causing this problem???? There are some non-neighbors that are leaving me tips and I have no way to go back to them as they didn't leave a message on my wall so the only way to get to them is via my News Feed. Plus, I really don't like having to keep switching screens to find the person I 'm looking for. If they are a neighbor and didn't leave a message, then I have to find them in my social tab.

Are any other iPad 2 users having this problem, or just iOS users in general? I do have the latest update from Apple, iOS 5.0.1.

pinkster73
02-07-12, 07:13 PM
It's because the god of Android knows you switched platforms :p

queentina3
02-07-12, 07:19 PM
It's because the god of Android knows you switched platforms :p

Yes I must have really angered him and he's taking it out on the one game I'm at the highest level on and all expansions and most appliances and....................I won't go on. None of my other games are doing this, just BS, which is well you know.....................BS.....................

kooky panda
02-07-12, 07:25 PM
Okay try something. A member on ipad told me she was having this issue and she turned OFF her notifications( in game and under settings on ipad). She has not had this problem since.
Try that and let me know.

badger8
02-07-12, 07:26 PM
It's also been happening to me since the Val. Version came out. Yes, seems to be happening from only the news feed. if I go into my neighbor list, it's fine.
Not only is the force-closing super irritating, having to go through all the freaking pop-ups EVERY TIME it force closes is even more irritating.
Only happening in Bakery for me too.
I'm on iPad 1. iOS version 5.0.1. Valentines version.

badger8
02-07-12, 07:30 PM
Ok. I tried the notification turn-off and went in & it's still happening.

And for the forum "helpers", yes, I've done all the uninstall, hard reboot summersaults and cartwheels.

queentina3
02-07-12, 07:31 PM
Ok that seemed to work. Was this an issue for her with the regular BS? If so, can we push this to TL to have fixed in a future update? I don't really worry about the notifications so much for food cooked because I could never trust those to actually work all the time so usually have a notepad with all my times to come back to the games, but it was nice to be able to use them if someone tipped me/left a comment on my wall prior to my next log-in. I know some people live and die by the notifications, so for them to not have them must be a real pain.

queentina3
02-07-12, 07:32 PM
badger8, I wonder why it worked for me and not you. Then again, it working for me could be just a fluke. Tomorrow is another day and it may not work for me, or it may then work for you. hahahaha

badger8
02-07-12, 07:34 PM
yea, please let us know if it happens again. I thought it was just me....
I'll report back if I notice a change :)

kooky panda
02-07-12, 07:37 PM
I tested my ipad 1 5.0.1 on wifi and I am not having this issue, but my game is a baby game and not much stuff in it.
Try syncing with itunes to see if this will help.
Also go to settings - under safari clear cookies and data.

kooky panda
02-07-12, 07:39 PM
Ok that seemed to work. Was this an issue for her with the regular BS? If so, can we push this to TL to have fixed in a future update? I don't really worry about the notifications so much for food cooked because I could never trust those to actually work all the time so usually have a notepad with all my times to come back to the games, but it was nice to be able to use them if someone tipped me/left a comment on my wall prior to my next log-in. I know some people live and die by the notifications, so for them to not have them must be a real pain.

Oh good. actually I have already alerted this to GM this morning. I will go ahead and add this thread to that report.
Ummmm maybe this has been the problem with the recent issues.
Way to go !!!
and thanks to member Sibl !!!

badger8
02-07-12, 07:40 PM
I haven't gotten around to syncing yet- and that does usually work. I'm seriously running out of day so I'll have to try that tomorrow. Thanks for all your help KP!

syrenas
02-08-12, 07:23 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem. But not only from the news feed, but also wall and neighbor list. Every time I want to visit some visitor/neighbors, it was forced close. I had already restart my device and reinstall the game and thought the problem solved but apparently not. At the first place, I'd like to visit one of my neighbor's bakery, however I couldn't make it and the application is forced close. After I reinstall the game, I finally able to visit her, but now, I couldn't visit my other neighbor that previously I could. 

kooky panda
02-08-12, 09:10 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem. But not only from the news feed, but also wall and neighbor list. Every time I want to visit some visitor/neighbors, it was forced close. I had already restart my device and reinstall the game and thought the problem solved but apparently not. At the first place, I'd like to visit one of my neighbor's bakery, however I couldn't make it and the application is forced close. After I reinstall the game, I finally able to visit her, but now, I couldn't visit my other neighbor that previously I could. 
Try turning off the notifications in your game and in your device. If this works, can you please post here which device you play on?

GroupMagma
02-08-12, 11:09 AM
Thanks for hunting down this work-around, KP. I'll bring this up to the engineering team and see if they can investigate further.

queentina3
02-08-12, 10:16 PM

I had this issue early and I had to force close the app, sync with iTunes and back up to iCloud, shut off device and turn it back on. Then I could visit my neighbor. I had tried to visit via the message page, and then my normal neighbor social page and both times it booted me. I only had the issue yesterday with the News Feed boot and did the work-around and I thought it solved my problem. But then I ran into this issue. It seems to be working now, but for how long??? Who knows. hahahaha

BTW, I did shut off my notifications and they are still off.

syrenas
02-08-12, 10:59 PM
Already shut my notification off, but no luck. Today is worst, its even harder to open the game after forced close. I'm on iPad 2.