PDA

View Full Version : Mastering an item/set

acutie123
02-04-12, 11:16 PM
Is there a benefit to mastering an item or its entire set other than the extra xp/coin/gems?

333sandy
02-05-12, 04:30 AM
No, just the satisfaction.

acutie123
02-05-12, 09:42 AM
Thank you very much for the information!

Zee_Zatara
02-05-12, 10:54 AM
Trust me, getting the extra xp, coins, and gems is benefit enough. When I first started playing I just ordered items based on what I liked, and moved up in the game very slowly. Once I figured out that ordering lots of the same item gave me extra xp/coins/gems, I concentrated on mastering items and began moving up levels in the game much faster.

And like the second poster said, it is also satisfying to master catalogs. Whenever I master an item I stop ordering it (just let it sell out) and concentrate on mastering the next one. I've mastered 28 catalogs so far -- that's a lot of extra gems (228), coins, and xp to help me move up in the game! :D

flaquitachula
02-06-12, 08:54 AM
Trust me, getting the extra xp, coins, and gems is benefit enough. When I first started playing I just ordered items based on what I liked, and moved up in the game very slowly. Once I figured out that ordering lots of the same item gave me extra xp/coins/gems, I concentrated on mastering items and began moving up levels in the game much faster.

And like the second poster said, it is also satisfying to master catalogs. Whenever I master an item I stop ordering it (just let it sell out) and concentrate on mastering the next one. I've mastered 28 catalogs so far -- that's a lot of extra gems (228), coins, and xp to help me move up in the game! :D

What strategy did you use for mastering the catalogs? Did you start with the shortest ordering time and work up? With 1 day items obviously it would take a lot longer. I must admit I order the things I like and have specific sections for certain items, however I tend to order them a lot so I am slowly mastering. Plus I don't want to have an empty store so I do some blocking. I have moved up rather quickly in the game but have not made a ton of gems, so I guess now that I have 20 ordering slots I should focus on the mastering. Can you give me some advice?

maggieyyli
02-06-12, 09:26 AM
Well, I don't really have special kind of strategy when ordering. I just order items that fits my schedule. Short hours are ordered if i am free at home. I also try to order items that suits my shop's style, e.g. it is a cold winter in my living place so I won't order summer collections.

Please don't try to make a ton of gems. There are so many gem traps in the game. Just spend some sometimes and keep your gems below 24. :)

Zee_Zatara
02-06-12, 09:33 AM
What strategy did you use for mastering the catalogs? Did you start with the shortest ordering time and work up? With 1 day items obviously it would take a lot longer. I must admit I order the things I like and have specific sections for certain items, however I tend to order them a lot so I am slowly mastering. Plus I don't want to have an empty store so I do some blocking. I have moved up rather quickly in the game but have not made a ton of gems, so I guess now that I have 20 ordering slots I should focus on the mastering. Can you give me some advice?

Yes, I started by mastering the fastest one (All Business, 1 minute) and worked my way up from there. With the exception of the more recent catalogs (since last December) I've mastered every catalog that takes 12 hours or less. Now working on the 16 hour and 1 day catalogs, which obviously take a lot longer to master.

It also depends on how much time you have. When I first started playing to master I had a lot more time on my hands, so I could concentrate on the fast items first. But I have a neighbor who did the exact opposite -- she could only check her the game once a day so she mastered all of the 16 hour and 1 day items first. I'm now a lot busier these days and can check my game less often, so it's good timing that I'm done with most of the faster items and concentrating on the slower ones.

Another part of my strategy is I never place the same item on different racks/tables in my boutique -- I always have only one rack/table of any item. So all of my racks/tables have many thousands of the same item on them (some are up to 90,000+). This way I can leave my store open all day and rack up coins without worrying about items selling out. There is never enough room in my store to display the same item more than once anyway.

Another thing is I never clear items (unless by accident) -- I always let them sell out. I believe in racking up as many coins as possible. Some people don't think coins are that important, but I think they are for expansion. I've never paid gems to expand, always coins... even when it costs 2,500,000 coins to expand I can easily afford it now. :)

maggieyyli
02-06-12, 10:50 AM
... Some people don't think coins are that important...

I believe they already cannot expand any more, so coins are no that important to them.

I think different people have their own way to play the game. When I was in lower levels and needed coins for expansion, I would not stock up too much. I roughly estimated the daily selling rate is ~700. (but this number does not apply to earlier levels as stocks seems really disappearing once you put there ;)) so maintaining 1000 - 1200 stock is quite enough for a day out. Stocking up to me means slower in getting earnings as you need to invest $ at first and then u earn $ when you can sell it. But I agree that stocking up is really easier for life and I am also doing it right now. :)

dalula
02-06-12, 05:04 PM
I like mastering the ones giving the most XP first ;)

minizozo
02-07-12, 06:28 AM
I don't know what the hurry is to master a set. It would be cool if you mastered a set a new one would take it place. For example master the 1 minute set and new 1 minute set would take it's place. After you get so far in this game, it gets boring and pretty much the same thing, so I try to pick clothes as they go with the room. I have no reason to hurry to master a set except unless I need an extra gem to buy something. The one minute and 2 hour sets come in handy when I need to fill in something really quick. So I like to keep them around as long as possible. Hope this makes sense. Android user...The thrill is going away. I wish I had an Iphone. :( After a certain level, what is there left to do, really?