PDA

View Full Version : What is your gifting strategy?

mama2five
02-04-12, 12:19 PM
I currently have 52 neighbors. Some prefer parts and others want food. I think generally gifting food is a good idea. If a person wants a part or a specific item they can request it. I have noticed that some of my neighbors post on their wall what they want as gifts. But I don't always have time to read their walls. I do read my own wall. So if they request something I will see it. Just wondering what everyone else does cause I feel like I can't make everyone happy.

iAryia
02-04-12, 02:49 PM
Because TL slowed down how quickly the food sells (I believe they're rectified this now), I had no room for food gifts so personally I prefer to stockpile parts. Because I have high-level neighbors, I assume they're in the same boat and gift parts too. If a new appliance comes out, I will gift them something on that list. I tend to mostly gift gears, paint and screws though.

pastrychef17
02-04-12, 03:35 PM
I have over 2M plates of food in my bakery so food gifts are useless to me. I think they're better for lower level players who have trouble keeping their counters stocked. I only accept parts and stockpile them for when I need to build an appliance.

My neighbors write their requests on my wall and I honor those as much as possible. Some of my neighbors always write their requests on their walls so I know to check there first before I send a gift. If I don't know or if I don't have time to check, then I'll send parts used in the latest appliances released as I assume they'll want to build those.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-04-12, 04:15 PM
I have close to 100 neighbors so I usually send everyone the same thing unless I see someone wants a specific item. There are so many constructible items lately it's nice to have extra parts. Then you don't have to wait to build stuff. But with the goals some ppls food got pretty low so sometimes I send that. Guess I don't have a strategy. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in at the time. lol

TheHelpfulPlace
02-04-12, 04:18 PM
When I get a material request or a message requesting a certain gift I send them that (and take note of it :rolleyes:)
Otherwise I just send people the materials I need:eek:

mama2five
02-04-12, 05:31 PM
Thanks everyone. For a while I was sending parts one day and food the next. Then a neighbor told me they only wanted food and I started worrying about people not wanting what I sent them. Of course if they posted on my wall what they wanted or sent a request I would. I think I should back to my old gifting ways. At least people will be happy half the time. ;)

cappa8
02-04-12, 07:30 PM
I think of my neighbors as they want to help me, because I am there to help them. I've had someone tell me that they didn't want to be neighbors because they didn't want to help gift parts. It doesn't hurt my feelings. There are so many other people who do want to help each other. Having numerous neighbors helps me make choices as to what my needs are for the day.

When I have time I try to give my neighbors their requests. Also when I make a request I understand they have lives also and will do their best to help me when they can.

bobbyrae
02-04-12, 08:52 PM
For me, parts are far better than food. Seems like everybody's building something. I decline all food gifts. I appreciate when my neighbours write on my wall their specific parts request. I will try to check neighbours' walls to see if they have a specific request. Otherwise i send back whatever part they send me or whatever part i need. I think i have a fairly good idea of what my neighbours want now though...i.e. which neighbours prefer food and which prefer parts.

SabatoBaby
02-04-12, 09:01 PM
I like it when neighbours let me know their gft preferences, and I try to gift that. Otherwise, if a player is very new I tend to gift cappuccinos,because they are valuable and take more time to make. If I notice a applicance box I try to gift what I think they might need (but a lot of the time I'm guessing). Otherwise I tend to gift a mix of things over several days but say one thing to all neighbours on the same day and then another the next.
Personally I like having a stockpile of parts, it makes building so easy. I also like have heaps of a kind of food and I built it up and put it out at once.

cupcakes4cece
02-04-12, 09:10 PM
I feel that food is useless. I can make a ton of it myself. But parts I can't get unless neighbors send them to me. I would much rather have parts!

ecxtasy
02-05-12, 12:45 PM
I gifts parts and like to receive parts only. If you are my neighbour and I ask you more than 2 times for parts and you send me food after I've asked for parts on UR wall more than twice. I delete you simple as.

Maybe harsh but it works for me and I now have 147 perfect neighbours and am able to build several new appliances when they come out in a matter of days.

If one of my neighbours specifically asks for food on my wall I will send them what they want. I had a couple of neighbours who used to ask for cappuccino and I used to send but one day she asked me to explain why I needed parts so much. I now noticed on her wall she says send parts only!

ReginasCakery
02-05-12, 10:27 PM
I have 282 neighbors, Level 96, 4 star. My rule is that the person gives me the gift that they want. I reciprocate with that particular item. That way we both get it. I have no need for food, so I stockpile parts.

ReginasCakery
02-05-12, 10:29 PM
I don't honor standing orders.

ecxtasy
02-06-12, 03:41 AM
Regina sonic they give you brownies cos they want brownies back. Are you on with this? Cos I noticed you then said you have no need for food and stockpile parts

ecxtasy
02-06-12, 03:41 AM
That should say are you ok with this?

j_halo7
02-06-12, 07:00 AM
I just randomly gift parts. Sometimes if I need a certain part, I gift that item in the hope tt people will gift the same thing back to me.

I don't have a lot of time to check everyone's wall or even my wall for requests but I guess in general, any part is worth keeping especially screws, springs, paint and gears. However, I almost never gift motors as I think only very few machines uses them.

I used to gift food when u was just starting out but now decline all food. If my neighbors don't want parts and just want food which I don't gift, I don't mind if they delete me away.

samiwami316
02-07-12, 09:25 PM
I gift parts unless someone specifically asks for just food. If someone gives me a part, I gift them back the same part unless I have already sent them a gift for the day. Also if they tell me what part they need on my wall, I will gift them that part. I try to gift to the folks that gift and tip me, but a lot of the time, I don't give everybody on my list. I help those who help me :) But I accept any request that pops up, even if the person never gifts or tips me LOL.

pops1972
02-07-12, 10:00 PM
first I check my wall to see if their are any notices. Then check the news feed and scroll down to part requests and while accepting, I gift the same part so that they get two. Last back to the news feed to send them the gifts they send me. Some neighbors don't get a gift at all. But most of all I get to know my neighbors. That makes the remembering easier. I also only keep about twenty neighbors.

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-25-12, 05:49 AM
I think I have changed my mind. Or will be changing the way I do things. Grrrr!!!!! I gift everyone in my list EVERYDAY! I was thinking about these threads and got to looking and I am only receiving about 8 or so gifts from my neighbors. So most of them take the gifts and run but don't bother gifting back. I think I will take the advice or pick up the ways of some of you in here. Actually pay attention to who is asking for parts every day but will not send me a gift. In a way that sounds mean but is it? I have got til when I need a part for something when it says ask neighbors I go thru and choose the ones who I know will send it to me. Idk. Just kind of makes me sad. :(

veenilla
03-25-12, 06:22 AM
I add people from the add me thread and neighbors list that sends material and wants only materials so i can mass send them....

GroovyRuss
03-25-12, 07:16 AM
I think I have changed my mind. Or will be changing the way I do things. Grrrr!!!!! I gift everyone in my list EVERYDAY! I was thinking about these threads and got to looking and I am only receiving about 8 or so gifts from my neighbors. So most of them take the gifts and run but don't bother gifting back. I think I will take the advice or pick up the ways of some of you in here. Actually pay attention to who is asking for parts every day but will not send me a gift. In a way that sounds mean but is it? I have got til when I need a part for something when it says ask neighbors I go thru and choose the ones who I know will send it to me. Idk. Just kind of makes me sad. :(

well smoky i gift you EVERY DAY ( Assuming you are the same smokey girl lol ) In fact i just sent you another fuse about 10 minutes ago :D
I go down my list and gift everyone what they requested first or who i have swap deal going. here is my current set up

5 nbrs send me screw everyday I send them screw back FOREVER
5 nbrs send me paint everyday I send them paint back FOREVER
5 nbrs send me gear everyday I send them gear back FOREVER

(I have a constant flow of the above parts which make my request for parts easy as it
will be knobs or sheet metal and almost never the above parts)

The rest i all gift a basic part EVERYDAY. (73 nbrs total I just deleted 4 yesterday going purge another 10 over the next week )

after that i do my request and ask for the exact same part from everyone in one MASS request via a box on floor.

I hit my 20/20 everyday.

I hit the accept button on ALL requests even though many do not gift me or fail at other areas
and why the purge. I want like 35 awesome nbrs but you are forced to look at like 100 to find 35 :D

GroovyRuss
03-25-12, 07:18 AM
I add people from the add me thread and neighbors list that sends material and wants only materials so i can mass send them....

yeah my best nbrs come from this forum.

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-25-12, 11:30 AM
well smoky i gift you EVERY DAY ( Assuming you are the same smokey girl lol ) In fact i just sent you another fuse about 10 minutes ago :D
I go down my list and gift everyone what they requested first or who i have swap deal going. here is my current set up

5 nbrs send me screw everyday I send them screw back FOREVE
5 nbrs send me paint everyday I send them paint back FOREVER
5 nbrs send me gear everyday I send them gear back FOREVER

(I have a constant flow of the above parts which make my request for parts easy as it
will be knobs or sheet metal and almost never the above parts

The rest i all gift a basic part EVERYDAY. (73 nbrs total I just deleted 4 yesterday going purge another 10 over the next week )

after that i do my request and ask for the exact same part from everyone in one MASS request via a box on floor.

I hit my 20/20 everyday.

I hit the accept button on ALL requests even though many do not gift me or fail at other areas
and why the purge. I want like 35 awesome nbrs but you are forced to look at like 100 to find 35 :D

I have the same handful that sends a gift every day. I guess I was just frusterated. :(. I just noticed I only get 8 to 10 gifts each day. If 75 actually receive my gift then something isn't adding up. lol. I always hit accept when people ask me for things. And have never cared if ppl gifted back I just was thinking about posts in here and having a stressful morning and needed to let off some steam. lol

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-25-12, 11:32 AM

Sometimes food has been handy lately. I ran out the other day in RS. Them darn pigs they must of been carrying food out in their pockets. lol

TimeForACuppaTea
03-25-12, 12:47 PM
In Bakery I have more food then I have room for. So I never want food. I only gift parts, and only add people who send parts. It's just easier this way. I don't have to deal with sending food at all. So I can just send a part to everyone, unless someone requests something specific. Everyone seems to be happy.

In RS it's a bit different. Though I'm also a parts only player there too, I don't have nearly as much food. So if someone sends me stew or something I'm not too bothered by it. I might keep it, might decline it depending on the mood I'm in.

But I just think sticking with one kind of gift is just much easier to deal with.

veenilla
03-25-12, 12:50 PM
Yea haha I accept stew and parts in RS. I can't keep my counter full with the new recipes :(

SmokeyMtnGirl
03-25-12, 04:24 PM
In Bakery I have more food then I have room for. So I never want food. I only gift parts, and only add people who send parts. It's just easier this way. I don't have to deal with sending food at all. So I can just send a part to everyone, unless someone requests something specific. Everyone seems to be happy.

In RS it's a bit different. Though I'm also a parts only player there too, I don't have nearly as much food. So if someone sends me stew or something I'm not too bothered by it. I might keep it, might decline it depending on the mood I'm in.

But I just think sticking with one kind of gift is just much easier to deal with.

Well I had tons of food in both. But in RS I actually ran out. In BS I still have lots of food. I ran low and out when I was doing the goals. I did finally run out of tombstone brownies. lol

jcd6963
03-25-12, 06:28 PM
Generally, I gift people under level 30 with food, those at or above 30 with parts. I tend to go with most used parts (paint, screws, gears) or with what I need or am low on at the moment, hoping others will send same to me. I'm noticing that the longer I play & the higher level I am, so are my neighbors. I usually gift all the same part & then send all requested parts. if I get a request from someone who doesn't usually gift or tip me, I write on their wall that I am sending part, hoping they will get the idea. Some do, others get deleted. I am usually able to gift all my neighbors, as I try to send right after the start time for the day ( midnight, Pacific time) I always max out. is there a way to know who tried to send you something after you have maxed? Also, if you decline a gift ( I still have some people sending dragon parts) does that count against your 20?

I have recently deleted some. As I tip and know they have not been tipping me I will at first ask them to return tip. if I still get nothing I will ask the next day or so if they are still interested in being neighbors. A few days later if I still have no reply, I delete. I had one girl invite me a few days after I deleted her. She had no idea that we were ever neighbors, as she never gifted or tipped me, only took. I posted on her wall why I was not adding her. She left it there for days. Just shows how much attention she paid. At first I felt bad about deleting people, but I think mostly they were people hardly playing and they didn't notice or care. I enjoy playing when my neighbors play more or less as I do.

Lastly, I agree with Smokey. I think that some of those customers are lining their pockets with food as they leave.

GroovyRuss
03-25-12, 07:02 PM
I have the same handful that sends a gift every day. I guess I was just frusterated. :(. I just noticed I only get 8 to 10 gifts each day. If 75 actually receive my gift then something isn't adding up. lol. I always hit accept when people ask me for things. And have never cared if ppl gifted back I just was thinking about posts in here and having a stressful morning and needed to let off some steam. lol

well yeah if 75 nbrs and you can't reach your 20 something is wrong

pastrychef17
03-26-12, 09:29 AM
well yeah if 75 nbrs and you can't reach your 20 something is wrong

If you have 75 neighbors and don't get at least 20 gifts back, you need new neighbors :). I only have 53 in Bakery and 46 in RS (and don't want/need more) and I max out every day. Usually my gift queue is full by the time I wake up (I'm in PST). Sometimes I decline a part even if it's something I need to give the later gifters a chance to get a gift through so they don't always get the maxed out message when they send me a gift. Although I have had to get into my games early now just to decline red potions, shamrocks, gold springs, dragon tooth and scale so they don't clog up my gift queue and prevent the parts I do want from coming in.

bobbyrae
03-26-12, 10:14 AM
If you have 75 neighbors and don't get at least 20 gifts back, you need new neighbors :).

I agree. Most of my neighbours never have the chance to gift me since i usually max out early in the day. I do what pastrychef does, decline a few gifts (usually something i have over 40 of in inventory, or potion or dragon stuff or shamrocks) so that other neighbours can get through. I don't usually have a problem getting back parts requests either.

risputin
03-26-12, 10:29 AM
I usually do random gifts. If it's a game like Nightclub Story, one day I might gift Dictator drink and the next it may be the same, or it maybe War and Peace.Of course, if someone requests an item, I gift that first (I usually check my wall before I do anything else).Recently though, someone questioned me sending paint and screws, so I stopped.Funny thing, after I stopped he started requesting those same items from me.Because of that issue though, I now only send items that can't be requested and send requested items - however I am still random on the items I send ^^

Ypes
03-26-12, 10:32 AM
Just dont gift like i do..

ksskss
03-27-12, 05:22 AM
I usually send the same gift to all my neighbors: parts or cappuccino.

saralovescats
03-27-12, 04:08 PM
when i first started out, i used to send brownies all the time because i didn't know what parts were for, and it had the most quanity. LOL. then i found out what parts were actually used for, so now i just send those. :)
i mass gift random parts. it takes too much effort to personalize them. plus they could always request the parts they need.

wslady
03-27-12, 07:12 PM
Your posts were really helpful to me. I was wondering if we have a maximum on how many parts we can store??? I too like it when people request a specific part so I can accept and send. Then I know they will get what they need. As a newcomer, I agree that food really helps my counters. I home school and forget to check my food that is cooking so end up losing some pretty much daily...lol...guess I am not the best chef...at least not yet. Sure enjoy this application as a stress release.

wslady
03-27-12, 07:18 PM
Is there a place to view what parts are in storage?

TimeForACuppaTea
03-27-12, 07:20 PM
Is there a place to view what parts are in storage?

Yes, go into "main" in the left hand corner and tap on "My Gifts" in the bottom left.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-27-12, 07:24 PM
To my knowledge there is no limit. I have 105 gears so clearly we can store over 100 of something.

I used to send my nbrs whatever part they sent me last. I only gift parts and only add nbrs who send parts only. It's much easier to not have to deal with food at all. But now I just send everyone the same thing unless someone requests something specific. I've not had any complaints.

Purplum
03-28-12, 08:38 AM
I used to try and wait and gift people back whatever they gifted me or requested of me. Then I realized that took too long and, since most people should have enough neighbors that they can be choosy with which gifts they accept & ignore, I just started sending random parts. I usually try to send whatever part I'm shortest on -- using the logic that my neighbors are generally building the same new appliances I am, and if I'm short on screws, they probably are, too.

I usually do random gifts. If it's a game like Nightclub Story, one day I might gift Dictator drink and the next it may be the same, or it maybe War and Peace...
I used to do the same thing (with a preference for Blue Lagoons because I thought they were prettiest) in Nightclub until I realized that War & Peace sells for $5 each while all of the others only sell for $2 each. Now I just send War & Peace, lol.

8summer8
03-28-12, 11:26 AM
I never know, if someone sends me something is it because they want it back or do they think I want it? Eg if someone sends a dragon part, I assume they want it back (or hate me). But when I gift the part back, then they can get to thinking they've found a dragon buddy which can get into a dragon situation which goes on for a week while my appliance box sits on the floor. Tricky. Very tricky.

When I was new I couldn't understand why people were gifting parts when there were so many fine brownies to be had. Then I made my first constructible appliance and now I just want parts and mainly gift parts.

catgirl477
03-28-12, 12:27 PM
I gift parts most people want parts, and will except parts.

piggiful
03-28-12, 01:25 PM
I randomly pick a part and gift all. Sometimes I give food to people who asked for them....but half of the time, I just gift parts.When I have time, I also gift back what they gift me....but it's rare that I have that much time.

mtovarp71
03-28-12, 01:35 PM
Hi, I can't sent gift, help me

DiabeticFoodie
03-28-12, 01:55 PM
I never know, if someone sends me something is it because they want it back or do they think I want it? Eg if someone sends a dragon part, I assume they want it back (or hate me). But when I gift the part back, then they can get to thinking they've found a dragon buddy which can get into a dragon situation which goes on for a week while my appliance box sits on the floor. Tricky. Very tricky.

I LOVE the way you worded that! It gave me a chuckle.

I'm with you, I never know -- or can guess -- the motivation behind people's gifting habits, and I've had the EXACT same thought process about the dragon parts (and red potion). I simply gift those particular people some random part and decline the gift they gave me, which now includes shamrocks. I had a few neighbors who had a really bad habit of consistently gifting the dragon parts or brownies. I finally started writing down who was gifting me those things, and how many times they gifted me those things. On the third strike, I wrote on their walls asking them to please only send me parts. Most of the neighbors got the message and shaped up, but others didn't and were shipped out.

tove65
03-29-12, 01:31 AM
Please, van you help me? Of someone sinds me Constructional parts - what can I do with them? HOW do I USE them. Sorry, just started playing!!!

8summer8
03-29-12, 04:52 AM
Please, van you help me? Of someone sinds me Constructional parts - what can I do with them? HOW do I USE them. Sorry, just started playing!!!

Hi the appliances and decorations that have a hammer next to them need parts. When you buy them they appear as a box on the floor until you have enough parts and click on build it. Parts are especially useful if you need to build a lot of a

8summer8
03-29-12, 04:53 AM
Whoops as I was saying...
Parts are especially useful if you have to build a lot of appliances in a hurry for the time limited goals.

kattybell
03-29-12, 04:58 AM

You can use them to build appliances. And some of the new statues. This thread can help: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17818-BAKERY-STORY-GUIDE-FAQ-%28Housewilson%29

kattybell
03-29-12, 04:59 AM
Hi, I can't sent gift, help me

To send gifts you go to the menu, socials, under neighbors there is a button that says gift, click it and select the gift and hit send at the bottom.

njmkdm
04-20-12, 12:47 PM
Wish I had that problem! New to game and can not make enough food. Any tips?

litfight
04-26-12, 10:43 PM
Well, each day I can only accept 20 gift so I trust others are also very selective on what they receive. I send gift that I need... but if i have enough parts, i will send food instead...

mama2five
04-27-12, 11:04 AM
Wish I had that problem! New to game and can not make enough food. Any tips?

It takes a while to build up food at first. I didn't know this when I first started, but putting an object in front of the door is a great way to pile up on food. Only thing is you won't make profit during this time, but I think it's worth it.

DAmanding
04-27-12, 01:00 PM
It takes a while to build up food at first. I didn't know this when I first started, but putting an object in front of the door is a great way to pile up on food. Only thing is you won't make profit during this time, but I think it's worth it.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for everyone. For some people it "quick sells" all their food instantly as soon as they unblock the door. If this happens to you, take some of your chairs out, or make the walk for customers as long as possible (i.e. cash register away from door and tables), and cook foods with the highest number of servings per hour.