PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Edition Goal Issue -Love letters

Aneru
02-03-12, 07:59 AM
I'm completely incapable of sending Love Letters. The button shows up in the list of goals. I select it, the window changes to the window that should list my neighbors, it says "Loading..." and nothing comes up.

lupi123
02-03-12, 10:26 AM
I am able to pass the "loading.." phase but I get the "we are unable to send the gift..." screen. I usually send gifts in the morning so it has been over 24 hours since I sent gifts, plus I accepted a couple of new neighbors today, so there should not be a problem. I also try to send a regular gift to a neighbor and it worked. So the bug is within the goal.

The pictures of the regular gifts are also wrong just like it was a few months ago in the regular edition.

kooky panda
02-03-12, 12:31 PM
I also have been trying to send my out since early this morning. I am getting the unable to send as message.

I did request the treats from my nbrs this morning, so maybe since I have already received the threats, I cannot send the love letters???

not sure but I will check to see if there is a glitch.

enaid03
02-03-12, 01:16 PM
I tried this last night when the game first came out. Since I hadn't sent my neighbors anything previous, I got the same message. Just tried again, same error.

Doesn't really matter to me though that its not working since gems are needed to complete the goals.

DaojinWildfire
02-03-12, 03:16 PM
There's an issue with the Love Letters task. We are currently working on a fix for it. Thanks for the info!

cupcakes4cece
02-03-12, 06:11 PM
I wish I had read this thread before trying to send those love letter requests to my neighbors. I was so annoyed after tapping 50-plus boxes. LOL

I got the same error, even though I haven't gifted in over 24 hours and there's no way all 57 neighbors are maxed.

enaid03
02-04-12, 06:38 AM
There are two goals that require Love Letters to be sent - both the Valentine's Day and Spread the News. No progression on either goal until its fixed.

kooky panda
02-04-12, 09:22 AM
All the love letter goals are having issues. Hopefully we will have a fix soon.

sweetstuff525
02-04-12, 01:10 PM
Still stuck on both goals without being able to send luv letter

srwyummyumm
02-04-12, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the update..hope it gets fixed soon!

TheHelpfulPlace
02-04-12, 09:06 PM
I'm glad that TL is working on it. :)

sarahaddicts
02-05-12, 06:53 AM
Glad I'm nit the only one having problems

msire
02-05-12, 10:42 AM
Me too. I cant send love letters but other gifts works well. Do you know when It?lia works well? Thanks

kooky panda
02-05-12, 10:48 AM
Me too. I cant send love letters but other gifts works well. Do you know when It?lia works well? Thanks

TL is aware and currently working on this issue. Hopefully we will see a fix soon. I am ready to pass these two goals and see what else there is.. lol

shelley1611
02-05-12, 11:21 AM
TL is aware and currently working on this issue. Hopefully we will see a fix soon. I am ready to pass these two goals and see what else there is.. lol

Hey kooky, have TL given you an idea of when this issue is likely to be fixed? X

lairdy
02-05-12, 11:59 AM
Glitch in sending love letters to neighbors still. It will let me selected all neighbors but when I press send it tells me ive sent gifts already ( when I have not) or that they received the max # of gifts.

husky1970
02-05-12, 12:47 PM
Same thing here too unable to send loveletters, another odd thing all my gifts in V petshop have the pictures of the gifts you have in zoostory2 :-/ hope the bugs get squashed soon :)

wingsofsilver
02-05-12, 01:39 PM
I'm using the new Valentine's edition of Pet Shop Story and one of the quests requires that I send 20 love letters to neighbors. However, when I try to send them it gives me a message saying that either I have already gifted them today or that they have already reached their max. I have a lot of neighbors and I doubt that each one has already reached their max. I've been trying since yesterday and have not sent them all gifts for a few days now.

kooky panda
02-05-12, 01:39 PM
No word on when the fix will be out. I have reported the issue with the gift pictures not matching the gift.

pgbhm
02-05-12, 01:42 PM
Hope it gets fix soon...

whitewolfluna
02-05-12, 05:10 PM
I'm having the same issue. I get to the gifting page fine, but when I select my neighbors and hit send gifts it gives me the unable error. I sent two normal gifts out to see if it was all of them but those went through fine. The love letters are the only thing left for me to do, it sucks. :(

fastcatiecat
02-05-12, 05:42 PM
I am having the same problem with not being able to send love letters. Glad to see it is being looked at.

kyshoona
02-05-12, 10:05 PM
Same problem ��

shelley1611
02-06-12, 02:34 AM
No word on when the fix will be out. I have reported the issue with the gift pictures not matching the gift.

Thanks kooky! Hope they do soon, I'm just waiting on that now to move onto the next step! :s x

husky1970
02-06-12, 10:03 AM
Thanks for reporting the picture issue I emailed the support email too :) looks like they've linked the extras you get in valentine up with zoo story 2 instead of pet shop to me.
Love the game & can't wait to see what more goals there are, have to say though the amount of gems needed for some of the goals, items are a bit excessive no make that way too excessive, I think there should be at least a cap on 20 gems max for anything. And more gems should be given out for goals or upgrading pets, a minimum 2 breeding beds should be free especially when it takes 3 days or more to breed a new pet.

I've not seen any threads for zoo story 2

Hyukfied
02-06-12, 11:43 AM
I'm having the same problem T_T I just need to send love letters to finish two quests, but it keeps saying I already sent it out or the neighbors had enough gifts but its a new day, I didn't send anything out yet. =/

deedee31
02-06-12, 02:00 PM
Same problem... For days now! Try every day... Have NOT sent any gifts to friends in four days, still does not work. Have emailed support directly but they do not respond.

deedee31
02-06-12, 02:02 PM
Not working. Emailed support directly. No reply. Figures.

kooky panda
02-06-12, 02:04 PM
Not working. Emailed support directly. No reply. Figures.
see post 14, TL is currently looking into this issue.

dalula
02-06-12, 05:17 PM
doesnt work for me. it says all neighbors i send it to have received the max amount of gifts and thats not true because i have an ipad acct. that is my neighbor and i dont play on there anymore

srwyummyumm
02-06-12, 07:59 PM
It seems like it has been fixed...I was able to send today 9:30om EST

kooky panda
02-06-12, 08:03 PM
It seems like it has been fixed...I was able to send today 9:30om EST
ohhhhh I will be back..... got some love letters to send.. lol

edit: I sent one set of love letters- 20 and both goals were checked off.. cool

iusedtobedigusr
02-06-12, 08:11 PM
LOL, Just my luck about 30 minutes after I gifted everyone.

alisonyoyo
02-06-12, 08:11 PM
Same problem still not yet slove and hopefully the goal will not expired shortly

staffygirl
02-06-12, 08:45 PM
I'll reply here, as well as putting in a separate thread. I finally had success too, with sending the love letters today.

Now, however, I have another problem with the next goal. It's the heart shaped pups goal. I already have the family of Heart Dalmations, which the goal recognizes. But it doesn't recognize the fact that the pen is already fully upgraded. I had a similar problem with a goal over Christmas regarding the Jack Russell's, and I emailed Support. Without exaggerating, it took more than 7 days for a reply from them, so I'll try my luck here first.

lupi123
02-06-12, 09:15 PM
I'll reply here, as well as putting in a separate thread. I finally had success too, with sending the love letters today.

Now, however, I have another problem with the next goal. It's the heart shaped pups goal. I already have the family of Heart Dalmations, which the goal recognizes. But it doesn't recognize the fact that the pen is already fully upgraded. I had a similar problem with a goal over Christmas regarding the Jack Russell's, and I emailed Support. Without exaggerating, it took more than 7 days for a reply from them, so I'll try my luck here first.

Same problem here, I have the pen fully upgraded and the goal does not recognizes it. What should I do?

kooky panda
02-06-12, 09:41 PM
Finish all the other items, then see if you complete the goal. If not, let me know.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/6ed68df7.jpg

iusedtobedigusr
02-06-12, 10:04 PM
I would think missing Heart-Shaped Treats since can't store them and need to ask friends.

driftboutique
02-06-12, 10:27 PM
I mentioned this in the other thread, but I have all my treats and the pen upgrades are still not registering for me.

staffygirl
02-07-12, 05:53 AM
Kooky Panda, I have completed the other parts of Heart Shaped Pups, but still doesn't recognize the fully upgraded pen.

kooky panda
02-07-12, 05:59 AM
Okay I will flag over to GM.

In the meantime, try deleting the game and redownload it from the app store.

staffygirl
02-07-12, 06:06 AM
Thank you. "The powers that be" fixed it last time without me redownloading it, so I might just hold off on that. Thanks again...L

DaojinWildfire
02-07-12, 12:16 PM
I mentioned this in the other thread, but I have all my treats and the pen upgrades are still not registering for me.
Can you post a screenshot of the quest window?

kooky panda
02-07-12, 01:08 PM
Can you post a screenshot of the quest window?

this member that posted this said they have already built the two pens.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b45/luci1/photo-8.png

333sandy
02-07-12, 02:02 PM
Me too, fully upgraded pen, not being recognized.

MiniLaura
02-07-12, 02:37 PM
Same here. I did all other parts of the goal, I deleted, restarted my device, and reinstalled. Still nothing.

DaojinWildfire
02-07-12, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the screenshot. It's exactly what I needed to see. I'll forward this issue to the correct party to look into it.

GroupMagma
02-07-12, 05:12 PM
We just pushed out a fix for the pen upgrade bug. Can you please check to see if it worked?

Edit: My apologies, but the fix doesn't work for the heart dalmatian exhibit retroactively. However, if you upgrade ANY exhibit one more time after this, it should count your Goal as fulfilled.

MiniLaura
02-07-12, 07:26 PM
Okay, it worked by upgrading other pens. Thanks GM and DW.

lupi123
02-08-12, 09:17 PM
Not everybody can upgrade a pen. Will there be a fix for this problem?

driftboutique
02-08-12, 09:36 PM
Not everybody can upgrade a pen. Will there be a fix for this problem?

If you have no more pens to upgrade, here's a quick-and-dirty fix:

Sell off a family of animals with a short breeding period (beagle or shorthair cat, I think.) You can repurchase, breed new ones, and then upgrade the pen twice. I know it's kind of a drag but if you want to finish the goal it's probably your best bet. Or maybe they will add a new coin animal tomorrow? One can hope :)

lupi123
02-09-12, 09:27 AM

Sell off a family of animals with a short breeding period (beagle or shorthair cat, I think.) You can repurchase, breed new ones, and then upgrade the pen twice. I know it's kind of a drag but if you want to finish the goal it's probably your best bet. Or maybe they will add a new coin animal tomorrow? One can hope :)

Thank you for the idea. I decided to use 5 gems on the daushshund goal and now I am breeding a new family. Better than selling and breeding the same family.

uwantoplay
02-09-12, 09:31 AM

I can't believe this is the only way for us to remedy their bug! I think they should fix the problem correctly or put out a new pet immediately!

driftboutique
02-09-12, 11:14 AM
I can't believe this is the only way for us to remedy their bug! I think they should fix the problem correctly or put out a new pet immediately!

I don't disagree. I was just trying to help people who don't want to depend on TL deciding to fix this :)

kooky panda
02-09-12, 11:31 AM

Thanks Drift, very helpful.