PDA

View Full Version : Gem prices

shelley1611
02-03-12, 04:37 AM
I don't for one second expect TL to take any notice of this but after the new valentines release this morning I'm really annoyed now! I want people to read my message and then either agree or disagree! Let's make this a sort of online petition against the rising prices of animals and goals that require gems!

"I'm writing to you to ask you to review the prices for the gem bought animals in pet shop story! I've just reached level 20 and have already spent a fair amount on gems, only to find the border collie, which I need to complete a family of to be awarded the collection, is nothing but extortionate! I love playing this game, but it would cost a fortune to breed this family and for me it ruins the game! I would love to be able to complete the families and get all the pets and crossbreeds but I can't justify spending that much and I know my fellow gamers feel the same!

Please review this for the sake of the fans of this game that simply can't afford to spend that much on these online games!

I did see a post from a fan in America that stated they could adopt a real border collie for the price on the family on here!

Thank you for taking the time to read this post. I just hope you listen."

Purplum
02-03-12, 05:05 AM
I haven't bought any gems for Pet Story yet and I don't see me buying any in the future considering the amount of gems needed to do anything in it. I'm just doing what I can with coins and when the day comes that I've upgraded and expanded all that I can, I'm done with it. Which is a shame, it was a cute idea for a game. It just feels very unfinished -- no way to earn gems in game, low level cap, not as many pets as there really could be, etc.

Loveone101
02-03-12, 05:56 AM
I understand your feeling as far as the price of gems goes:( That's the reason I stayed away from Pet Story because I kept reading about the absurd amount of gem it takes to fully enjoy thegame. TL will not revise their practice until more people start walking away from the games. Which is a shame, because the games are fun. But It would be a sin for me to spend real $ on a virtual game, when I have REAL family to support. I just would not do it. Plus with so many traps that will make me lose my gems!? I don't think so.

snubbly
02-03-12, 02:41 PM
PetStory gems are so ridiculous. Worst of all the games. It's a joke!

Rachael98
02-03-12, 03:29 PM
Gems are not necessary to enjoy TL games. I enjoy them, and I very rarely buy them.
They are for premium items, but are not compulsory.
Gem sales are also frequent (and I'm guessing there may (and just guessing, nothing official or anything) be a 40% around VDay...)

ultrafrog
02-03-12, 03:45 PM
Doesn't really matter what we think as long as the $$$ keeps flowing into TL's bank. They pay less attention to our rantings than they do their pocketbooks. Personally I think it could be an experiment to see how much players are willing to spend on the games.

shelley1611
02-04-12, 06:26 AM
Gems are not necessary to enjoy TL games. I enjoy them, and I very rarely buy them.
They are for premium items, but are not compulsory.
Gem sales are also frequent (and I'm guessing there may (and just guessing, nothing official or anything) be a 40% around VDay...)

I'm very sorry but I completely disagree with your comment! Gems are needed to buy pets that are often required to complete goals or collections.

Without buying these pets and the gems needed for them, you cannot obtain half of the pets required and so you are actually only playing half a game! If I can use farm story as an example, you can use gems to buy tools to make your life easier. However if you don't buy the gems you can still play the game.

And to be honest, I didn't start this post because I'm against gem pets! The whole reason this post is here is because the price of some gem pets is nothing but extortionate!

I have bought gems and gem pets but there is no way I am spending ?17 to buy a border collie! Assuming it cost the same for a mate and to breed twice, that's ?68!

Can you honestly tell me that isn't a ridiculous amount of money?

cbdago
02-12-12, 03:57 AM
Regarding the border collie.... 149 gems is a bit extreme... it would be one thing if a pet you purchased with gems would earn you gems, but that is not the case. I feel for those who have already spent the money for the border collie, they should be given a credit of gems for them to use on future pets for more breeding/cross breeding. For those of us who have not purchased the border collie, i feel a decrease in price for the border collie is just. If you feel you need to offer such an elite pet for the game, make it an expensive coin pet.... at least then you could choose to save the coins for such an extravagant pet. I hope to see the price reduced as i have already spent $80 in game and plan on continuing to grow my store as i do enjoy the game, but 596 gems for one family is a bit of an outrage! p.s. Thank you for the gem sale!

michelledjs
02-15-12, 11:00 AM
Im all for buying gems here and there but pet story gem prices are obsurd! 149gems for another breeding room? Honestly? I especially love how most goals require you to buy or breed using gems but the goal rewards doesnt give gems. Lowering the gem costs of animals and breeding room would be appreciated. Pet story is boring now, at level25, more than 5 goals unfinished because of gem gouging and nothing really keeping me there.

michellek666
02-16-12, 06:53 AM
SO NOW MY LAST POST WAS DELETED (and 2 other ppls posts) BECAUSE I/WE DISCUSSED THE WEEK LONG DESICION NOT TO PLAY PET STORY BECAUSE OF HIGH GEM COSTS. WOW LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SERIOUS CENSORSHIP GOING ON. AWESOME TL AND FORUM MODERATORS!!!! I HAD A FEELING THERE WAS SOME FUNNY BUSINESS GOING ON AND. NOW ITS CONFIRMED!!

michellek666
02-16-12, 06:57 AM
by the way i take screen shots of every post just to prove the censorship on this forum. keep up the good work :-D

newlife02
02-16-12, 07:20 AM
I agree that the amount of gems it takes to get theses items are ridiculous to say the least. I mean seriously! Do they ever give another nursery for leveling up or do u have to live with one if ucsnt afford the 149 gems to buy another?

newlife02
02-16-12, 07:21 AM
* u can't

newlife02
02-16-12, 07:26 AM
by the way i take screen shots of every post just to prove the censorship on this forum. keep up the good work :-D

Apparently mine was too .... Said PS cost of gems is ridiculous, It posted and now it's gone.

newlife02
02-16-12, 07:26 AM
Never mind, there it is! Lol I wasn't connected to net

shelley1611
02-16-12, 11:52 AM
SO NOW MY LAST POST WAS DELETED (and 2 other ppls posts) BECAUSE I/WE DISCUSSED THE WEEK LONG DESICION NOT TO PLAY PET STORY BECAUSE OF HIGH GEM COSTS. WOW LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SERIOUS CENSORSHIP GOING ON. AWESOME TL AND FORUM MODERATORS!!!! I HAD A FEELING THERE WAS SOME FUNNY BUSINESS GOING ON AND. NOW ITS CONFIRMED!!

Really they have deleted your quotes? That's bad TL. Very disappointed in that.

shelley1611
02-18-12, 03:52 AM
Why is it on other games you get a reward for levelling up but not on here??? Why can't we be awarded a gem for each level up?

bakerbunny
02-26-12, 11:55 PM
This is so true!! People love this game so we complain and seek other suggestions. U will continue to lose players because u ignore us and of course we will continue to refuse purchasing gems until change the prices or come up with another way to earn gems

kirbydee3713
02-27-12, 08:23 AM
I agree prices are high. I'm a full time student and just quit my job at a pet supply store. I'm pretty broke. When you work so hard just to make $50 a week it puts spending into perspective. The truth is that the prices are high, but who you need to be upset with isn't TL. You really need to be upset with the people who do buy these pets. Not only did their actions justify the prices, but now TL would face some major backlash from people who spent the hundreds of dollars if the prices were lowered. So just spend what you're willing to spend and move on. Hope for a miracle. But mostly just accept that like with many of the Pokemon games, you probably won't end up catching them all so why stress over it?

ultrafrog
02-27-12, 09:30 AM
There are a small percentage of players that pretty much support the rest of the free players. These players spend thousands on these games and continue to do so. As long as TL can keep those players happy then they can keep charging these prices.

I'm not sure that you would be correct kirbydee3713, that players would be very upset if the pricing scheme changed. Guess we would have to have some on the board to ask.

pinkster73
02-27-12, 11:30 AM
I really don't like when people are hating on people who spend a lot. It's just so fundamentally wrong.

MiniLaura
02-27-12, 12:45 PM
The truth is that the prices are high, but who you need to be upset with isn't TL. You really need to be upset with the people who do buy these pets. Not only did their actions justify the prices, but now TL would face some major backlash from people who spent the hundreds of dollars if the prices were lowered.

I cherish the people who spend a lot of money on these games. Because of that, I do not support lowering the prices for items that have been in the store for a long time at their current prices.

However, I do think the prices are too high. This game has limited playability for various reasons including the high prices, and I'll probably abandon my store eventually.

bss18974
02-27-12, 12:58 PM
I also think the price is too high. However, since some tasks to get other pets require the purchase and breeding of the border collies at 149 coins times 4, I think something should be done to bring that price down. Very few people will have spent to create the border collie family and if they do bring the price down, I think they should get some type of rebate. Maybe a credit for purchase of addl gems or other team lava game cash credits. Thus the rest of us could build that family. Or at least a way to spend some gems to get "credit" for the border collie family without actually buying and breeding the whole family... Thus, for a certain number of gems and completing the other two families, we can get the tree frog which means we can cross breed to get the bull frog which means we can complete the other goal and get the iguana.

pinkster73
02-27-12, 01:01 PM
I'm very sorry but I completely disagree with your comment! Gems are needed to buy pets that are often required to complete goals or collections.

Without buying these pets and the gems needed for them, you cannot obtain half of the pets required and so you are actually only playing half a game! If I can use farm story as an example, you can use gems to buy tools to make your life easier. However if you don't buy the gems you can still play the game.

And to be honest, I didn't start this post because I'm against gem pets! The whole reason this post is here is because the price of some gem pets is nothing but extortionate!

I have bought gems and gem pets but there is no way I am spending ?17 to buy a border collie! Assuming it cost the same for a mate and to breed twice, that's ?68!

Can you honestly tell me that isn't a ridiculous amount of money?

Just to correct this example, there is not one single tool to buy in farm to make anything easier. I don't know how you came up with this.

bobbyrae
02-27-12, 01:54 PM
Just to correct this example, there is not one single tool to buy in farm to make anything easier. I don't know how you came up with this.
Maybe shelley meant fertilizer? But fertilizer isn't really a tool that makes life easier...so...hmmmm...:p

O.K. I'm gone back in my corner now...

shelley1611
02-27-12, 02:31 PM

Wow! Just to correct me! That's quite sad really! I only play pet shop now because I find the TL games to be rather similar. I must be getting confused with farm town!

Still, just to correct this post, I shall repeat what I have said that this post isn't against gem pets! It's against the ridiculously high prices for some gem pets!

pinkster73
02-27-12, 02:39 PM
You can make your point about the high cost of gem animals (which by the way I agree with) without being rude.

kirbydee3713
02-27-12, 05:09 PM
You can make your point about the high cost of gem animals (which by the way I agree with) without being rude.

Hi Pot. Have you met my friend, Kettle?

I'm not hating on anybody for spending money. How can I hate on people I don't even know? It's simple economics. Granted, I think in the long run they'd have a bigger buying base if items were cheaper but oh well. It's obviously working for them.

pinkster73
02-27-12, 05:14 PM
Wow. Just wow. Whatever.

saintlover
02-27-12, 07:40 PM
Regarding the border collie.... 149 gems is a bit extreme... it would be one thing if a pet you purchased with gems would earn you gems, but that is not the case. I feel for those who have already spent the money for the border collie, they should be given a credit of gems for them to use on future pets for more breeding/cross breeding. For those of us who have not purchased the border collie, i feel a decrease in price for the border collie is just. If you feel you need to offer such an elite pet for the game, make it an expensive coin pet.... at least then you could choose to save the coins for such an extravagant pet. I hope to see the price reduced as i have already spent $80 in game and plan on continuing to grow my store as i do enjoy the game, but 596 gems for one family is a bit of an outrage! p.s. Thank you for the gem sale!

Honestly I personally think the Saint Bernard should have been the 149 gem pet ;)

pinkster73
02-27-12, 07:52 PM
Honestly I personally think the Saint Bernard should have been the 149 gem pet ;)

Yes, they rescue people lost in the mountains while wearing tiny barrels of brandy :)

ariesblu
02-27-12, 08:31 PM
I guess tl is just changing the price according to newer popularity. They realized that once they actually updated their games, more people stay to play them and therefore there is a higher chance of them paying money while playing, while at the same time newer items could garner a greater playing audience. I don't play pet story, but my sister does so from the limited amount of info I am aware of, tl is obviously still in the early stages of this game, but if some people are willing to pay an exorbitant (to some) amount of money for one animal, then that is their right.

music908
02-28-12, 02:49 PM
I don't think gem prices are too high, I think the cost of animals that require gems are too high. If they lowered the price of gem animals, then the prices wouldn't be "too high" because you wouldn't need as many! However, I find PSS and ZS2 to be lots of fun even without gems.

skylark717
02-29-12, 06:46 AM
Haha Kirby, funny. Really though, I totally agree with the high cost of gems. Someone mentioned they don't have time to be wasting money on the game when they have a real family to take care of, and I completely agree. I think I read on another post to buy all the animals and breed it cost them a total of $400. Don't yell at me if that's wrong, but based on that amount, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a game when my kids need sports equipment and school field trip costs (if you've got kids, you know how it is). I'm not harping on the ones who are spending the money. If you don't have other obligations, or you've got so much money that blowing it in here won't cut into your budget, by all means, I'm not one to judge. I'm a woman who'd rather splurge $50 on a meal out or (ok so I'll admit it), a pair of shoes. But I agree with the earlier post that by lowering the cost, you'd probably have a greater audience and make more money in the long run.

pinkster73
02-29-12, 10:30 AM
Haha Kirby, funny. Really though, I totally agree with the high cost of gems. Someone mentioned they don't have time to be wasting money on the game when they have a real family to take care of, and I completely agree. I think I read on another post to buy all the animals and breed it cost them a total of $400. Don't yell at me if that's wrong, but based on that amount, I can't justify spending that kind of money on a game when my kids need sports equipment and school field trip costs (if you've got kids, you know how it is). I'm not harping on the ones who are spending the money. If you don't have other obligations, or you've got so much money that blowing it in here won't cut into your budget, by all means, I'm not one to judge. I'm a woman who'd rather splurge $50 on a meal out or (ok so I'll admit it), a pair of shoes. But I agree with the earlier post that by lowering the cost, you'd probably have a greater audience and make more money in the long run.

I agree. (Also we have a whole thread dedicated just to talking about shoes :))

skylark717
02-29-12, 01:18 PM
Really? Because I was so fed up after writing that post, I went and bought a new pair. Okay, so I wasn't really thaaaat mad. But I DID go buy a new pair! Lol

pinkster73
02-29-12, 01:24 PM
Really? Because I was so fed up after writing that post, I went and bought a new pair. Okay, so I wasn't really thaaaat mad. But I DID go buy a new pair! Lol

Really. Here it is:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23845-The-Shoe-Thread&highlight=shoe+thread

irishmeagan
03-01-12, 11:47 AM
I have bought gems in this game for smaller amount pets. I have not and don't see myself paying $100 for the border collie (I believe). I play bakery story and as we master recipes we earn gems. So for every time we master it to level 2 & 4 we earn 1 gem. I think someone said the other day we can earn like 220 gems if we master every recipe.

I also play Zoo Story. I think that in Pet & Zoo where we don't really get the opportunity to earn gems unless its in a goal, and we often have to spend more gems then we earn. I would like some kind of reward system for pets/animals purchased with gems that sometimes they pay out with a gem or two instead of coins, or some other way of earning them so we don't always have to buy them.

bss18974
03-08-12, 05:04 PM
In this game you can buy coins for gems ... For instance 6750 coins for 9 gems... I would like to see the opposite be available... 9 gems for 6750 coins etc...

19Trixie90
03-16-12, 10:12 PM
they should:
1: lower prices of gems
2: be able to trade coins for gems
3: be able to send gems to neighbors
4: have more goals rewarding gems

i mostly have to buy gems in order to complete goals! i love the game alot, but having to do everything with over costly gems is crazy! the animals are so cute and everything, if they were smart, they would lower the prices or add more gams for the price then they would make alot more money! over pricing only makes less money in the long run! its the best way to go, lower prices they earn more money, higher prices earns less money! they shouldve used their heads before marking the prices!

uwantoplay
03-17-12, 03:54 AM
The gem prices are the same amount in all the Story games. The prices are fine. I have completed all the goals but 1 and chose to use 5 (I think) gems to skip the Border Collie to get the Iguana. Comparing the 2 prices, it was well worth the skipping! I have been playing this game since its launch and my shop is totally decorated with coin only decorations. I get compliments every day and I have truly enjoyed playing this game. I play ALL the Story games and even though I don't "master" a level or pet, I still can enjoy this game to its fullest extent. It was said before you can only have half the animals without using gems, but that is not true. I have pets currently stored because of no room. Each player can make their own decision whether to purchase or to not but I don't think changing the prices now of any gem pet that has already been introduced should be changed. Out of all fairness to the many that have already purchased. But with that said, just this week new pets were released and not only are the breeding times shorter👍 the gem pet is also very cheap👍

There are contests in the forums all the time and anybody can join to try and win free gems! You can decide which game you want to use them on. I technically should be at level 100 or more and have plenty of saved money. I personally wouldn't be happy with not having the ability to earn gems with each level or completing each pet.

beertjeanita
03-17-12, 04:25 AM
I was Busy saving gems in Bakery story,i have the experience by now, that by one wrong click it can Cost you a lot of (50 in my case) gems!

So if you loose your gems so easily,i am never Gonna buy gems for real money!
If they make you to do one extra click,like "are you sure" i will thinking it over.

emmymsa
03-22-12, 10:54 AM
Not only am I floored by the cost to purchase gems and the excessive gem cost for animals/cross breeding/nursery etc. but am galled and insulted by the pop up request to rate Pet Shop Story 2 at 5 stars and am really angry about the pop up ads for other games especially after I did purchase gems once. Pure extortion!

Shashy_LoLa
03-22-12, 05:00 PM
Hi, I've been playing Petshop Story for several weeks and I allready bought $45 in ITunes cards to get Gem cause if not I couldn't continue the goals and on going the game. I would love if TL incorporate any goal or way we players could win gems as in RS, BS and other games of Team Lava... Thanks

charlottevb
04-08-12, 08:43 AM
?400 to complete the game? My real dogs didn't cost that much !

quentinsmommy
04-08-12, 02:17 PM
?400 to complete the game? My real dogs didn't cost that much !

Absolutely! That's why I'm not very active on this game.

blb4800
04-09-12, 07:41 AM
I have not purchased any gems and will not. When I have done as much as you can without buy gems in the game I am done!!

maxxhyena
04-09-12, 08:40 AM
I simply will not ever, ever spend money on gems as things stand now. I cannot afford it. For goodness sake, I refuse to even download a game that costs 1$ even if you never spend money on the rest of gameplay. If gems are becoming a necessity, I don't think I would play the game any more.

The thing is, I am not cheap on actually spending money on *something*. I would buy a book. I would buy a stuffed animal, I buy Littlest Pet Shop Figurines. But I simply will not hand out money for a program which is mobile because if that game ever gets the boot and isn't managed any more all that money went straight down the drain. If there were a 30$ desktop version of Pet Shop Story where you don't need friends/neighbors or an internet connection to play, I would download that in a heartbeat because my program would be MINE and it wouldn't get shut down one day even if the company went bankrupt or something. But no I don't like gambling and that includes on programs.

I do fully support the idea of a non-mobile version on disk similar to how the Sims works though, and I really think PSS should come out with one like that!!

oxford37
04-09-12, 11:00 AM
I strongly agree!

oxford37
04-09-12, 11:03 AM
I have not purchased any gems and will not. When I have done as much as you can without buy gems in the game I am done!!

I will never purchased gems aswell.

Sandys0
04-10-12, 07:15 AM
I agree specialy that you canot win any like on bakery or story you can win a few but not in this case so it sucks to always have to buy some it beconmes expensive.

StarPower8135
06-01-12, 03:11 PM
I totally agree.

rubikrox
06-04-12, 06:53 PM
My parents don't allow me 2 buy anything that is not free!!!
Some of the goals have been sitting there like for a million yrs cos they need 20+++ gems or something to complete!!!
Is there any way o earn gems easily!!!!!!

rubikrox
06-04-12, 07:01 PM
they should:
1: lower prices of gems
2: be able to trade coins for gems
3: be able to send gems to neighbors
4: have more goals rewarding gems

Agreed

rubikrox
06-04-12, 07:03 PM
I simply will not ever, ever spend money on gems as things stand now. I cannot afford it. For goodness sake, I refuse to even download a game that costs 1$ even if you never spend money on the rest of gameplay. If gems are becoming a necessity, I don't think I would play the game any more.

The thing is, I am not cheap on actually spending money on *something*. I would buy a book. I would buy a stuffed animal, I buy Littlest Pet Shop Figurines. But I simply will not hand out money for a program which is mobile because if that game ever gets the boot and isn't managed any more all that money went straight down the drain. If there were a 30$ desktop version of Pet Shop Story where you don't need friends/neighbors or an internet connection to play, I would download that in a heartbeat because my program would be MINE and it wouldn't get shut down one day even if the company went bankrupt or something. But no I don't like gambling and that includes on programs.

I do fully support the idea of a non-mobile version on disk similar to how the Sims works though, and I really think PSS should come out with one like that!!

It's not tht i wouldnt spend money its just that the money spent would be my parents' they bought the ipad! IS there a way to earn free gems???

cyndi97
03-01-13, 04:31 PM
The price of gems is ridiculousness for the low amount you get. They should either make everything buy able with coins or lower the price for gems or make it possible to earn gems instead of buying them

belladonnatwo
03-03-13, 06:11 AM
I agree. There has to be a difference between players who want to pay for gems and those who don't (also agree) but when you need gems to complete collections there has to be a way earn gems. I play bakery story, fashion story, restaurant story, dragon story and i haven't spend money but i can keep playing. In these games you can earn gems by making the same dishes or to choose the same clothes or you recieve gold from your neighbours. In pet shop story you only earn gems by instelling new TL games. Now, i'm at level 46 and i'm stuck. I don't have any gems to complete the collections and there are no new goals. I only collect from and feed my animals. I visit my neighbours and that's all.

rsschenaol
03-08-13, 01:46 PM
I've spent $300+ on this silly game.