PDA

View Full Version : Pet Shop: Valentine's Day!

xSnowyOwlx
02-02-12, 09:30 PM
It's still downloading, but I can't wait to see what new items we get!

xSnowyOwlx
02-02-12, 09:40 PM
New Heart Dalmation, although a new playpen for it would have been cute.

Although that new goal's going to cost some people a lot of gems...

13rebecca13
02-03-12, 01:44 AM
No way am I doing those goals. They expect people to buy 2 items worth 29 gems. Don't think so.

bells08
02-03-12, 02:03 AM
I know I was looking forward to the goals until u can't go any further without spending stupid amounts of gems. What's the point in putting goals if we can't complete them without spending more money. Not happy

yo3ana
02-03-12, 02:06 AM
Alright goals cost gems but are the prize of those goals worth spending gems? I don't think so.. Decoration? Coins and exp? No thank you!

DaniBelleDesign
02-03-12, 02:10 AM
Agree, what a flop. I only downloaded the valentine version at the thought of new challenges and they ask for gems at the first hurdle, I'll be rating this game one star and advise y'all not to waste your time downloading it. So annoyed!

xSnowyOwlx
02-03-12, 02:12 AM
Alright goals cost gems but are the prize of those goals worth spending gems? I don't think so.. Decoration? Coins and exp? No thank you!

You spend 58 gems to get 300 coins and some XP. Not to mention the coins you spend on the other decor for the goal.

xSnowyOwlx
02-03-12, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I got it hoping for exclusive decor and goals plus maybe new pets and that goal is bs. I bought everything but the gem items. No way am I paying 58 gems to get 300 coins!

dawnlouise
02-03-12, 02:35 AM
I agree what a flop. I was expecting great things from this version of pet shop as there have been so much rubbish with this game so far. Pets no one can afford tasks you can't complete if you don't buy gems (which I don't) levels not going up ect. What to they do to make up for all this, add more things that people won't be able to do, 58 gems for cushions an 13 gems for a tunnel, if u don't buy you can't complete, well keep them :-(

DominaRed
02-03-12, 03:31 AM
I have to agree with what everyone has said so far. With this version we got one more coin animal...well that's a plus. Except out of the hundreds of breeds of dogs and cats, they chose to make it a pet that the game already has. Same pen, very very similar animals to the other dalmations - only difference is these dalmations have a pink collar with a tiny pink heart. wow. And, it's not cross-breedable, so there no new options there. We also did get some neat new decorations you can buy with coins, that's a plus. A heart shaped display for 2,500 coins and a "Puppy Kissing Booth" for 70 gems are also new.

I was excited to see new goals! Until I looked at them more closely.

Valentine's Day Goal: buy 2 Valentine cat pillows which cost 29 gems each (must buy the $20 gem pack to do that because the $10 gem pack only gives you 50 gems), get 25 treats from friends, Get a heart water bowl (5,000 coins), and send 20 love letters to neighbors. Reward: 300 coins and 3 xp. Goal is completed at this point. Seriously, 3 xp? I can get 3 xp and almost 300 coins in 10 min collecting from 3 animals. If you'd like to skip buying the 58 gems worth of pillows it will cost you....you're gonna love this... 50 gems ($10)! lol

Setting the Mood Goal: This is a 5 part goal. First part: Buy 2 Red Heart Topiaries (500 coins each) and buy 1 love tunnel which costs 13 gems (about $3.50). If you want to skip buying the tunnel for 13 gems, then you have to spend 15 gems to do that! So, no use in skipping it because it will cost 2 gems more to do so than buying the dang tunnel. And that is just Step 1 of 5 to complete this goal for.... um looks like a decoration of some kind with a heart. If Step 1 is asking you to spend gems, I can't imagine how many gems it's gonna ask for to complete the other 4 steps. Reward for completing Step 1: 150 coins and 4 xp.

So, let's recap. The first goal will cost you at minimum 50 gems if you skip part of it, 58 gems if you don't and it will cost you 4,700 coins. (I subtracted out the 300 you get for completing it.) Net gain on this goal: 3xp. The 1st part of the 2nd goal (which has 5 parts to it) to get a decoration at the end of it all will cost you 13 gems to do it, 15 gems to skip it and 850 coins (I subtracted the 150 coins you get for completing it). Net gain from goal: 4 xp. Total net gain for both goals completed: 7 xp. Overwhelming isn't it?

Ya know, I thought TL did great with the QuarterBark goal. They gave us 11 days to do it, which was terrific because I had just put a 7 day box turtle in to breed when it popped up (and with no cancel button for breeding, there was nothing I could do about it). They made the breeding time for the QuarterBark only 14 hrs, which amazingly, allowed me to actually complete this goal before the time expired. Yea for that TL thanks! In addition, the reward for completing the goal was 5 gems... which was AWESOME considering there's no way to earn gems in this game other than goals. I am ALMOST at the point where I can buy ONE 7 gem animal and complete the family. Almost. Except it has to be a cat because there are no dogs for 7 gems, cheapest one is 13 gems. And at this point, cats aren't gonna help much toward completing collections.

For me, I got hopeful that TL was taking a big step in the right direction with the way they structured goals. Now this. Sorry to say that I think this game is going to end up like Zoo Story 1. After you buy all the coin animals you can, that's it unless you buy gems. And there's never been a gem sale in Pet Shop to even entice some of us to buy gems if we usually don't. Don't know if eventually they will offer more coin animals, I hope so. Until then, I'll just finish breeding what I have, upgrading pens and then if things haven't changed, I'll quit. I hung in there until lvl 96 with Zoo 1 waiting for changes that never happened. Not going to make that same mistake again.

DominaRed
02-03-12, 03:52 AM
Ooops, I stand corrected there is one dog for 7 gems, the St. Bernard. Sorry bout that. Don't need one to complete any collections, but it can be crossbred.

shelley1611
02-03-12, 04:20 AM
What an absolute joke! Just another way to get extortionate amounts of money out of TL's gamers! I've got my heart Dalmatian out of it! Won't be looking at it again now!

shelley1611
02-03-12, 04:21 AM
Ooops, I stand corrected there is one dog for 7 gems, the St. Bernard. Sorry bout that. Don't need one to complete any collections, but it can be crossbred.

Yeah, I've seen one a st bernardoodle or something! Check the crossbreed forum xx

JuniperFruit
02-03-12, 05:06 AM
There were pets in the advertisement photo for Pet Shop Valentines that aren't in the game yet, so obviously they'll be releasing more. It even says "exclusive rewards from completing a special family of dalmatians" which sounds like a future goal to me. And don't forget that with the 5 gem goal they released last week we also got TWO new pets for coins...I think they're doing a pretty good job of making the things for gems vs coins relatively even. I'm very excited for the pig to come out, it looks SO cute!

cupcakes4cece
02-03-12, 06:14 AM
The goals are a joke. I wasted my time downloading for THAT?

shelley1611
02-03-12, 06:25 AM
There were pets in the advertisement photo for Pet Shop Valentines that aren't in the game yet, so obviously they'll be releasing more. It even says "exclusive rewards from completing a special family of dalmatians" which sounds like a future goal to me. And don't forget that with the 5 gem goal they released last week we also got TWO new pets for coins...I think they're doing a pretty good job of making the things for gems vs coins relatively even. I'm very excited for the pig to come out, it looks SO cute!

I don't disagree that the ratio of coin pets to gem pets is even, it's the fact that the gem pet prices are so high! Not everyone can justify spending these ridiculous amounts of money on this game x

Leire22
02-03-12, 06:35 AM
I am very disappointed 3 goals cant finish without spending gems and even not one way earn them i am tired of this game with pets when too many things are for gems and no way how to gain them, i wont play till this will be changed sorry.

JuniperFruit
02-03-12, 06:43 AM
I don't disagree that the ratio of coin pets to gem pets is even, it's the fact that the gem pet prices are so high! Not everyone can justify spending these ridiculous amounts of money on this game x

I agree that some seem a little high (border collie) but for others it seems like the price is the same as other TL games. Take the lowest priced gem pet: 7, and times it by 4 to complete a family = 28. In Farm story you pay 48 for a house and 24 for the newly released fox. Some pets are higher than others, just like in Farm Story they released cats for awhile that cost 55 gems each. Maybe you don't have a problem with just this game, but with gem pricing in all TL games? And it's ok if you don't spend gems on this game, I haven't either and still enjoy it!

shelley1611
02-03-12, 06:55 AM
I agree that some seem a little high (border collie) but for others it seems like the price is the same as other TL games. Take the lowest priced gem pet: 7, and times it by 4 to complete a family = 28. In Farm story you pay 48 for a house and 24 for the newly released fox. Some pets are higher than others, just like in Farm Story they released cats for awhile that cost 55 gems each. Maybe you don't have a problem with just this game, but with gem pricing in all TL games? And it's ok if you don't spend gems on this game, I haven't either and still enjoy it!

I don't play any other TL games because I can't afford all the gem prices so I picked the one I enjoyed The most and stuck at that!

That said, I do play farmtown on Facebook. Every time you complete a level you are awarded a $ (their equivalent to gems) and even if you don't buy the $ items it doesn't affect goals or the game!

The most expensive pet to buy just happens to be the one that you need to complete a collection and a goal! I feel TL are being very greedy with some of these gem prices :( x

mushroom79
02-03-12, 07:03 AM
nope! I am skipping these goals! And the game cannot hold me hostage with an expired goals screen anymore! cos I dun have enough gems for you to deduct! mwahahahahaha!!!!

kattybell
02-03-12, 07:19 AM
I agree, I won't be buying gems to complete these goals.

MiniLaura
02-03-12, 07:42 AM
What bothers me about the gem items in this game versus the gem items in other TL games* is that in the other games, you don't have to spend gems to do the main functions of the game. So you can fully enjoy other games without spending any gems.

In Farm Story (with the exception of the gem crops, which are VERY uncommon), you can plant all the crops and trees you want without spending a cent. Buying gem items in FS helps you minimally, so not having them doesn't prevent you from advancing quickly in the game or earning a lot of coins. Buying gem decor gives you XP once. Buying gem animals gives you XP once and then gives you a paltry amount of coins every X number of hours.

In Pet Shop Story, maybe 1/3 (or more?) of the pets are gem items. Having pets is the whole point of the game. You earn coins and XP through them constantly. So if you cannot or do not buy gems, advancing in the game and earning coins is limited. Thus, the enjoyment of the game is limited.

* I'm referring mainly to Farm Story, because that's the only other game I play, but I think the other games are similar.

kattybell
02-03-12, 07:45 AM
What bothers me about the gem items in this game versus the gem items in other TL games* is that in the other games, you don't have to spend gems to do the main functions of the game. So you can fully enjoy other games without spending any gems.

In Farm Story (with the exception of the gem crops, which are VERY uncommon), you can plant all the crops and trees you want without spending a cent. Buying gem items in FS helps you minimally, so not having them doesn't prevent you from advancing quickly in the game or earning a lot of coins. Buying gem decor gives you XP once. Buying gem animals gives you XP once and then gives you a paltry amount of coins every X number of hours.

In Pet Shop Story, maybe 1/3 (or more?) of the pets are gem items. Having pets is the whole point of the game. You earn coins and XP through them constantly. So if you cannot or do not buy gems, advancing in the game and earning coins is limited. Thus, the enjoyment of the game is limited.

* I'm referring mainly to Farm Story, because that's the only other game I play, but I think the other games are similar.

I agree with you. The game is based off of pets. Good analogy.

Limaxa
02-03-12, 07:58 AM
Well, it's okay.. But nothing i really needed:(

JuniperFruit
02-03-12, 08:20 AM

I never thought of it like that, that's a great point!

enaid03
02-03-12, 12:31 PM
Another point with the Farm Story comparison - you can earn gems to master crops, trees, etc. There is no gem earning in PSS.

1cathy
02-03-12, 12:46 PM

really disappointing

kooky panda
02-03-12, 03:31 PM
There is a current issue with the Love Letter requests.

There's an issue with the Love Letters task. We are currently working on a fix for it. Thanks for the info!

Rachael98
02-03-12, 04:41 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyu5zcnUOc1qm7yoc.png

Nice Splashscreen. :).

cr4zy_eights
02-03-12, 05:30 PM
TL has done something good! Can we believe. ? Lol
These items are now coins! Yay
We can actually complete the goal!

I wish I asked for those items earlier now instead if ignoring them. Oh well. I'll just be behind a bit

xSnowyOwlx
02-03-12, 09:54 PM
TL has done something good! Can we believe. ? Lol
These items are now coins! Yay
We can actually complete the goal!

I wish I asked for those items earlier now instead if ignoring them. Oh well. I'll just be behind a bit

I know, right? I'm glad it changed.