PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Way to Earn GOLD and XP from ANIMALS and ATTRACTIONS

rionkimchi
02-02-12, 03:46 PM
It's been a while since I posted lists of the best animals for earning gold & XP, and the game has gone through a couple of updates since then, during which the amounts of gold/XP and times have been "adjusted" for some animals. So I thought I'd update the lists with the latest data.

Earning gold is more complex than XP... it depends on the number of animals you have, whether you've upgraded the habitat (once or twice), the collection frequency, and whether it's been "toured" or not. XP does not depend on the # of animals but does depend on collection frequency and touring. The maxmium XP any animal earns is 10, but some that earn less than 10 earn more per hour than others than earn a higher total amount.

As far as I can tell, if you have 2, 3 or 4 animals, you can multiply the gold that 1 animal earns by the number of animals you have.
I am not sure if there is a "formula / rule" about gold earned, for upgrading habitats. If you know this please reply.
If you collect more often, you earn more gold from the animals that "reset" in a shorter period of time. However, if you collect less often, the higher frequency animals just sit there waiting for you to collect again.
Touring adds +20 gold and +1 XP to whatever the "un-toured" amount is.

These lists are for 1 animal (and so "habitat not upgraded"), and un-toured. They include ONLY animals and attractions that do NOT cost gems.

The "high" collection frequency is every 2 hours on average... that's once an hour for 12 hours of the day, and zero for the other 12 hours of the day such as while you're sleeping or at school/work.

The "low" collection frequency is every 12 hours - - 2X per day.

XP - ANIMALS

TOP 20, MAXIMUM XP per hour, HIGH COLLECTION FREQUENCY
Rhino
Hyena
Mountain Goat
Harp Seal
Bottlenose Dolphin
Frilled Neck Lizard
Giant Anteater
Bald Eagle
African Vulture
Camel
Sloth
Puffin
Albino Python
Buffalo
Iguana
Polar Bear
Flying Monkey
Gharial
Porcupine
Kangaroo

TOP 22, MAXIMUM XP per hour, LOW COLLECTION FREQUENCY
Sloth
Flying Monkey
Gharial
Frilled Neck Lizard
Mountain Goat
Giant Anteater
Puffin
Albino Python
Harp Seal
Rhino
Civet
Capuchin Monkey
Hyena
Okapi
Jack Rabbit
Big Horned Sheep
Orangutan
Manx Sheep
Honduran White Bat
Gray Wolf
Capybara
Impala

The above 2 lists have 31 unique animals between them, for MAX XP:
Rhino
Hyena
Mountain Goat
Harp Seal
Bottlenose Dolphin
Frilled Neck Lizard
Giant Anteater
Bald Eagle
African Vulture
Camel
Sloth
Puffin
Albino Python
Buffalo
Iguana
Polar Bear
Flying Monkey
Gharial
Porcupine
Kangaroo
Civet
Capuchin Monkey
Okapi
Jack Rabbit
Big Horned Sheep
Orangutan
Manx Sheep
Honduran White Bat
Gray Wolf
Capybara
Impala

XP - ATTRACTIONS

You do get a one-time bonus of XP for buying an attraction. The best one in this regard is the
CAROUSEL.

You get the most XP (62) per GOLD spent (500) and it "builds" instantly. Use the carousel if you have plenty of gold and want to quickly shoot up into the next level. Buy one, place it, get the bonus, sell it (or store it) and repeat. You need a space equal in size to an animal habitat to run this trick.

GOLD - ANIMALS

TOP 20, MAXIMUM GOLD per Hour, HIGH COLLECTION FREQUENCY
Sloth
Jack Rabbit
Mountain Goat
Frilled Neck Lizard
Tasmanian Wolf
Flying Monkey
Rhino
Hyena
Giant Anteater
Big Horned Sheep
Kangaroo
Orangutan
Gharial
Harp Seal
Bald Eagle
Gray Wolf
Harpy Eagle
Fennec Fox
Manx Sheep
African Vulture

TOP 20, MAXIMUM GOLD per Hour, LOW COLLECTION FREQUENCY
Sloth
Jack Rabbit
Flying Monkey
Gharial
Big Horned Sheep
Frilled Neck Lizard
Orangutan
Mountain Goat
Manx Sheep
Honduran White Bat
Giant Anteater
Tasmanian Wolf
Gray Wolf
Harpy Eagle
Puffin
Albino Python
Civet
Mammoth
Harp Seal
Capuchin Monkey

The above 2 lists have 26 unique animals between them for MAX GOLD per hour:
Sloth
Jack Rabbit
Flying Monkey
Gharial
Big Horned Sheep
Frilled Neck Lizard
Orangutan
Mountain Goat
Manx Sheep
Honduran White Bat
Giant Anteater
Tasmanian Wolf
Gray Wolf
Harpy Eagle
Puffin
Albino Python
Civet
Mammoth
Harp Seal
Capuchin Monkey
Rhino
Hyena
Kangaroo
Bald Eagle
Fennec Fox
African Vulture

Because so many of the best gold-earning animals are expensive, and/or cannot be obtained until the higher levels, here is a list of the top animals that cost <10,000 gold
(combined/consolidated from both high & low collection frequencies):
Tasmanian Wolf
Gray Wolf
Harpy Eagle
Puffin
Civet
Mammoth
Capuchin Monkey
Caribou
Fennec Fox
Capybara
African Wild Dog
Ringtail Lemur
Tree Frog
Giraffe
Walrus
Buffalo
Horned Toad
Llama
Rhino
Clydesdale
Hyena
Kangaroo
Bald Eagle
African Vulture
Camel
Bottlenose Dolphin
Iguana
Polar Bear
Porcupine
Koala

GOLD - ATTRACTIONS

Attractions take up varying amounts of space vs. the animals. For example, 2 ice cream stands fit into the space of 1 sandwich shop, 9 ice cream stands fit into the space that 1 animal habitat occupies. So the ranking of attractions, and attractions vs. animals has to take this into account. First though, let's look at just attractions.

Top 4 Attractions, Gold per Hour per Square, High Collection Frequency
--> Ice Cream Stand <--
Sandwich Shop
Hot Dog
Popcorn Stand

Top 4 Attractions, Gold per Hour per Square, Low Collection Frequency
--> Ice Cream Stand <--
Gift Shop
Sandwich Shop
Botanical Center

Notice that ice cream stands are pretty much always the best. You'd have to collect on average every 30 minutes (that's every 15 minutes all day long and none during sleep) and ONLY THEN would Hot Dogs or Popcorn equal ice cream stands.

Now, to compare ATTRACTIONS to ANIMALS...

...under high collection frequency, only 2 animals beat ice cream stands:
- SLOTH
- JACK RABBIT

...with low collection frequency, a few more beat ice cream stands:
- Sloth
- Jack Rabbit
- Flying Monkey
- Gharial
- Big Horned Sheep
- Frilled Neck Lizard
- Orangutan
- Mountain Goat
- Manx Sheep
- Honduran White Bat

...though a few more come close. You may want to place these if your fingers are getting tired!
- Giant Anteater
- Tasmanian Wolf
- Gray Wolf
- Harpy Eagle
- Puffin
- Civet
- Mammoth
- Harp Seal
- Capuchin Monkey

ENJOY !!

Storm-8 ID = rionkimchi ; Zoo name = Coolio Zoolio

rionkimchi
02-03-12, 08:12 AM
I need to update the above post for two things...

(1) I realized I had not entered the data for the GILA MONSTER and the JACKALOPE. {I am missing the WILDEBEEST too... see #2.} Anyway, both are "high earners" as follows:

XP, high frequency - - do not quite make the top 20 list but they are #21 and #22 just under the Kangaroo.
XP, low frequency - - many of the highest ranked animals "tie" at 0.83 XP per hour when collected from every 12 hours, and Gila Monster and Jackalope are in this group... in other words they make the top 20 list.
GOLD, high frequency - - they rank very high on the list, just below the jack rabbit
GOLD, low frequency - - again they rank very high on the list, just below the jack rabbit

Note: my data for the GILA MONSTER is an estimate. For non-cross-bred animals to get the data you just put it in storage and then go into "Market-->Animals" and they're listed. But for cross-breeds this doesn't work and you have to read the data off your screen when you collect. I have 4 of them and they earn so much gold that when you collect you get 2 "coins" overlaying each other: one represents 1500 and the other represents the amount over 1500 which I can't see. I don't know why the game needs to split up the gold that way... seems unnecessary. Anyway, since I am collecting at least about 1600 from 4, I know that ONE gila monster earns at least about 400. The other coin that I can't see looks like it may be a four digit number (?) which would put the estimate at ~625 (per animal).
If you have data on ONE Gila Monster please reply.

(2) I do not have data for the following animals, so they could be great "earners" of Gold or XP and I wouldn't know:

WILDEBEEST = Manx Sheep + Hippo
---> This is the only one on this list I can get data for "on my own"... it's in the LAB at the moment. It takes 3 days to cross breed and I've read it takes another couple of days to "build". It's not ridiculously expensive, which usually indicates a good "earner", but at 62000 gold its fairly expensive and so I would expect decent specs. If you have the specs already please reply.

Chimpanzee (Goal) , how to unlock?
Red Kneed Tarantula (Goal) , how to unlock?
Puma (Goal: Big Cats) , requirements ??
---> After all this time I haven't started this one. I am assuming it probably requires gems since many of the "big cats" do... but I can't be certain until I try it... unless you've done it and can tell me.

Cobra (collection) , requires Scarlet Macaw = GEMS
Irish Elk (collection) , requires Peacock = GEMS
Warthog (collection) , requires Cheetah = GEMS
Kirin (Far East Box) = GEMS
Mandarin Duck (Far East Box) = GEMS
Racoon Dog (Far East Box) = GEMS
Mandrill (Goal: Ape Enf.) , requires 3 x Silverback Gorillas = GEMS
Cererbus (Monster Box) = GEMS
Ghost (Monster Box) = GEMS
Imp (Monster Box) = GEMS
Werewolf (Monster Box) = GEMS
Snow Fairies (Winter Box) = GEMS
Snow Owls (Winter Box) = GEMS
Snowman (Winter Box) = GEMS
Snowshoe Hare (Winter Box) = GEMS
Yeti (Winter Box) = GEMS
Golden Lion Tamarin = Red Shanked Duac + Lion = GEMS
Minotaur = Big Horned Sheep + Silverback Gorilla = GEMS
Liger = Lion + Tiger = GEMS
Red Panda = Red Fox + Panda = GEMS
Toucan = Puffin + Scarlet Macaw = GEMS
Gryphon = Bald Eagle + Lion = GEMS
Platypus = Sea Otter + Flamingo = GEMS
Tree Kangaroo = Kangaroo + Capuchin Monkey = GEMS
Cheetah = Gray Wolf + Snow Leopard = GEMS

If you have any data on the above animals please reply and I will update the lists.
THANKS !!

Storm-8 ID = rionkimchi (feel free to add me if you maintain at least "2 heart" social/touring rating)

rionkimchi
02-03-12, 08:56 AM
I just found elsewhere in this forum the data on the WILDEBEEST:

Wildebeest (=Manx Sheep+Hippo), Cost = 62,000, Collection Time = 16 hours, XP=10, Gold (from 1 animal) = 400

So it makes the top 20 list for GOLD (either high or low freq) but is around rank #30 or so for XP generation due to the long collection time.

Dragon_cdk
02-05-12, 03:39 AM
Very nice summary info. The only thing I would say is that I don't think the Mandrill requires any gems. I had it before I bought my 1 Silverback (I wanted minotaurs).

Oh, and the Puma requres 2 Cheetahs (at something like 53 gems apiece I hear), so that goal is sitting at the 4th stage and will never be finished. It also required some gem animals at the 3rd stage, but I skipped those with gems and then found out it was even more ridiculously expensive to finish.

My wildebeest will be done baking in the lab in about 3 hours. ;)

rionkimchi
02-06-12, 04:00 PM
I don't think the Mandrill requires any gems.

On my game, the MANDRILL is awarded from completing the "Ape Enforcers" goal/task. I am stuck on the fourth stage, which requires
(a) buy 2 Silver-back gorillas
(b) breed 1 Silver-back Gorilla
(c) spend 4,000 coins on an "Ape Welcome Party"

So the Mandrill does require gems, at least on the version I have. Maybe in an early version of the game (before I started playing, which was a little before Christmas as I recall) the Mandrill did not require gems at that time ??

rionkimchi
02-13-12, 02:29 PM
I have had a couple of questions about the above lists - - so I just wanted to repeat one of the "notes" I mentioned in the beginning:

- These lists are for 1 animal (and so "habitat not upgraded"), and un-toured.
- They include ONLY animals and attractions that do NOT cost gems.

For example, if you have 2, 3 or 4 animals, then you will get more gold from that habitat and a few more animals than are listed above will rank higher than a group of 9 ice cream stands. Here are the next 10 that would move above ice cream with low collection frequency, if you have 3 or 4 of the animals
Caribou
Fennec Fox
Capybara
African Wild Dog
Ringtail Lemur
Tree Frog
Giraffe
Walrus
Impala
Horned Toad

It's not really possible to post "one list that applies for all situations" since the gold collected depends on a number of variables.