PDA

View Full Version : How come no way to earn diamond?

Mudpie
05-21-10, 06:26 PM
There should be ways to earn diamonds instead of purchasing them.

Unregistered
05-21-10, 08:26 PM
Totally agree. I think this is going to spoil this game for many people.
Please allow us earn gems or exchange our coins for them!!!

Corgi = 55 Gems = $10+ !!! Are you kidding me ????!!!!

Unregistered
05-22-10, 11:24 AM
I totally agree with the previous statements. If the game is free then why do we have to pay for gems?? I would rather pay for a game and then earn the gems with my s**** at the game. I understand people have to make money with the products they invent and this is a nice game but a downer that you have to pay instead of earning gems by your competence in the game. I suggest some other form of you guys collecting the money: sell the game instead!

DeNoBoNeS
05-22-10, 05:07 PM
What people have to understand is that you pay for diamonds to help the game makers to upkeep there servers and powerbills ect its your way to support the game makers to say thanks to them.

This is why the option to buy is how it is

Unregistered
05-24-10, 06:56 AM
Although I can agree with everyone feed back here, especially about team lava being able to afford for keeping up the servers and updates, I still can't comprehend why we can't earn diamonds in the game without paying for them Alot of individuals downloaded this game for free, and expect the dynamics and play to be free as well. I would pay for this game, but I would expect a method for gamers to receive gems through farming s****s, or perhaps and option to clear away the farm in order to dig up gems. A costly and time consuming option such as that the gamer cannot farm on that piece of tile/tiles (land) for quite awhile as a penalty, will require the gamer to properly fill the hole, and then have to wait another period because the soil is unsuitable to farm on and will require the gamer to purchase costly manure to be able to farm on that tile/ tiles again.just an idea. By the way add me. Chief Mallow

Unregistered
07-08-10, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I agree that there should be another way to get diamonds.

It's just like the stupid pool hall we have here in town. I really enjoy going down there and playing pool, but they charge me for every hour that I use the table. I mean, I'm ok with them trying to make money from the people that want to pay to play pool, but for those of us who are really good at the game should be able to pay off the use of the facility by doing something in the game.

For example, I really don't like playing cutthroat nearly as much as 8-ball or 9-ball. So, maybe, if players agree to play 3+ hours of cutthroat a week, then the rest of the time they spend there should be free. It wouldn't be nearly as fun as the other games, so most people wouldn't do it. They would continue to pay the normal way, but for those of us who want to play for free, it would allow us to do so.

It's just a cheap tactic, in my opinion. By charging money, it means that only some people get to play. It really should be based on s**** instead.

Unregistered
07-08-10, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I agree that there should be another way to get diamonds.

It's just like the stupid pool hall we have here in town. I really enjoy going down there and playing pool, but they charge me for every hour that I use the table. I mean, I'm ok with them trying to make money from the people that want to pay to play pool, but for those of us who are really good at the game should be able to pay off the use of the facility by doing something in the game.

For example, I really don't like playing cutthroat nearly as much as 8-ball or 9-ball. So, maybe, if players agree to play 3+ hours of cutthroat a week, then the rest of the time they spend there should be free. It wouldn't be nearly as fun as the other games, so most people wouldn't do it. They would continue to pay the normal way, but for those of us who want to play for free, it would allow us to do so.

It's just a cheap tactic, in my opinion. By charging money, it means that only some people get to play. It really should be based on s**** instead.

What??!!? Gems cost money. Plain and simple. You can earn them by downloading other free games. Since the beginning, it's been clear their intent is to make money through selling gems. I have never, nor will I, pay for gems and I still play the game and am quite successful at it.

The pool hall analogy could be one of the dumbest I have ever heard. How do you think they pay for the tables, upkeep, salaries, etc.? That's like saying you should get to use a public swimming pool for free if you agree to stay off the high dive or go to a movie for free if you buy snacks or sit in the back! Go buy your own pool table if you want to play for free and dictate all the games you want to play.

Unregistered
07-08-10, 11:40 AM
The pool hall analogy could be one of the dumbest I have ever heard.

You failed to get the joke. My whole post was tongue-in-cheek.

Unregistered
07-10-10, 11:58 AM
I have never bought diamonds on the game, however i have been playing the game for about a month now and have somehow accumulated 9 gems?? So there is a way to (slowly) collect these suckers, unforrunately i do not have answer how to.

swati
07-10-10, 02:37 PM
I have never bought diamonds on the game, however i have been playing the game for about a month now and have somehow accumulated 9 gems?? So there is a way to (slowly) collect these suckers, unforrunately i do not have answer how to.

You would have got 10 gems when you first downloaded the game.

I agree that the price of gems is too high, but I currently have 62 gems, and have not purchased any ever (and never will). I got them all through the offers to download games for gems. I would have even more, except of course I've spent (and accidentally lost) some gems. So you can definitely get gems that way.

Lesleypsg
07-10-10, 03:19 PM
The diamonds are for extra, so they cost. What incentive would anyone have to make a game like this, or anything for that matter, if they couldn't make a little something for it? Seriously, would you go to work for free? I agree they need to relook at their pricing, or the number of diamonds something should cost but I support them charging something for extra perks or items. I bought some, may not again as I achieved what I wanted, but I didn't be grudge as I've been enjoying the free game just fine so for the bonus items I wanted I coughed up.
This topic totally floored me ppl wanting it all for free and the ppl who made it to give away their work without any ability to get paid? Again, would u go to work for free. Me, nope. In any event, if u can't afford, then just be patient as every now and then there are free diamond offers for downloading and trying other games, so if u can't afford, b patient as u still have a chance to get some.

Donetta
07-30-10, 12:19 PM
I read where if you download games you get free diamonds,but what games do you download to get this?

Unregistered
07-30-10, 04:05 PM
Why pay "real money" for IAP GEMS? The iTunes FS page prominently displays "Top In Game Purchases". We know, by touching & reading, "Gems" are an IAP and an OPTION. If we want any of the OPTIONAL items, we have the OPTION to purchase for cold, hard currency "Gems". The "Gems" are NOT required to play FS. They are only needed for OPTIONAL enhancements.

I'm buying some "Gems" because I WANT a Goat, a Goose, a Cat, and a way to preview a Neighbour Invite. Do I NEED any of these things to play? No. I would like them and am willing to help TL Devs make everyone's NEEDS, WANTS, DESIRES become a reality.

--Grumpy Granny (not your demographic player, eh?)

Unregistered
01-23-11, 09:45 AM
there is one way to earn diamonds free on bakery story. when you prepare food, do you notice the little chef hat and +1 floating up with you +1 xp. everytime you make something, it gives you xp for that item. if you click cook and look at the bottom of a dish selection, such as brownies, you'll see a little bar with a chef hat by it. once you fill up that bar, you get a diamond. but you have to make a lot of the dish to fill it up. its just like leveling up on a dish. its a real easy way to earn though.

Unregistered
01-23-11, 09:49 AM
this only works if your using Bakery Story on your mobile device.

Unregistered
01-23-11, 10:36 AM
this only works if your using Bakery Story on your mobile device.

.? Um, well how else do u play as the game isnt available on desktop?

Not sure about android, but works for iPhone, iPod and iPad ....so again...?

Unregistered
01-23-11, 10:38 AM
there is one way to earn diamonds free on bakery story. when you prepare food, do you notice the little chef hat and +1 floating up with you +1 xp. everytime you make something, it gives you xp for that item. if you click cook and look at the bottom of a dish selection, such as brownies, you'll see a little bar with a chef hat by it. once you fill up that bar, you get a diamond. but you have to make a lot of the dish to fill it up. its just like leveling up on a dish. its a real easy way to earn though.

You only earn gems when u master level 2....so for each recipe u can earn 1 gem max

Grandma Green
01-25-11, 12:15 PM
I totally agree.....I love this game but will not "buy" gems. I'd pay for the game, then earn the gems......but I will delete the game before I buy any gems. It sucks the way it's set up right now.

Unregistered
02-05-11, 02:40 AM
I totally agree with the previous statements. If the game is free then why do we have to pay for gems?? I would rather pay for a game and then earn the gems with my s**** at the game. I understand people have to make money with the products they invent and this is a nice game but a downer that you have to pay instead of earning gems by your competence in the game. I suggest some other form of you guys collecting the money: sell the game instead!

Are gems the only thing you actually have to pay for in the game???

Julie
02-06-11, 06:22 PM
You earn gems free of charge when you have planted a certain amount of one crop. When you look at your crop selections you will see a bar showing how much you have planted that particular crop and there is also a leaf icon. For each leaf awarded, sometimes you are awarded bonus coins and sometimes gems. Keep planting the same crop and you'll see what I mean.

Unregistered
02-07-11, 12:09 AM
What??!!? Gems cost money. Plain and simple. You can earn them by downloading other free games. Since the beginning, it's been clear their intent is to make money through selling gems. I have never, nor will I, pay for gems and I still play the game and am quite successful at it.

The pool hall analogy could be one of the dumbest I have ever heard. How do you think they pay for the tables, upkeep, salaries, etc.? That's like saying you should get to use a public swimming pool for free if you agree to stay off the high dive or go to a movie for free if you buy snacks or sit in the back! Go buy your own pool table if you want to play for free and dictate all the games you want to play.

seriously!! his analogy was the dumbest for sure -__- ppl need to get over this whole gem thing, its not a big deal
im constantly getting comments on how nice my bakery is and i havent spent $1 on gems.
AND you actually CAN earn gems by baking and getting to level 2..there goes ur "earning by s****" haha

Unregistered
03-21-11, 02:52 PM
I Totalitly agree I hate it without free gems because I have 0 of them and I can't keep wasting my money on it, it sucks to me

JuneLS27
12-15-13, 06:57 AM
I agree that there should be other opportunities to earn free gems. They take a very long time to get-- have had just 3 for 4 days now and I play a lot. Perhaps a wheel spin or earn diamonds not just cash and stars for some goals. some are very time consuming and you can only operate a limited number if appliances in the beginning. Items and operations that cost diamonds usually use several hard to accumulate diamonds each.

rockycat2012
01-12-14, 04:30 PM
You would have got 10 gems when you first downloaded the game.

I agree that the price of gems is too high, but I currently have 62 gems, and have not purchased any ever (and never will). I got them all through the offers to download games for gems. I would have even more, except of course I've spent (and accidentally lost) some gems. So you can definitely get gems that way.

I just earn gems by doing the goals to download games.

rockycat2012
01-12-14, 04:32 PM
That quote was originally posted by swati.

chillez
01-20-15, 02:12 PM
Game download and play is simple and easy so it's the best way to get gems without real money.

ladybugrentals
01-20-15, 04:43 PM
IOS does not have option of gems for downloads. That is a perk for android users......the only android perk.
Also you collect gems by planting. In each item you have levels 1-2-3-4. You will receive a gem for the 2nd and fourth level completed. The draw back with farm story is takes A LOT of planting to achieve levels. I have a large farm and takes many plantings. I personally will never pay for gems in farm story. I feel that if Team Lava gave up on the game and its players why would I give them money. I will not stop playing because I love the game and am a glutton for punishment. :-)
Hope this helps.
You can send me neighbor req I water daily and answer all parts request.
Stormid: ladybugrentals

mmandy278
01-30-15, 11:32 AM
As you plant each crop or tree has 4 levels. When you reach level 2 you get a diamond and then when you master the crop you get another diamond
So each crop and tree you can get twp diamonds.