PDA

View Full Version : Is it rude ?? ....

lilykittycat2
02-02-12, 03:19 AM
When you have a neighbor that's down to '0' in tipping stars, and who has rotten food on all their cookers .... Is it rude to delete them as neighbors ??? In addition, there's been no gifting to/from in a while either.... Can they be discounted as non-active players ??? Am I being too judgmental ???

sourlicorice2
02-02-12, 03:25 AM
No u aren't. Ive had nbrs for over 2 weeks that were the same. I've deleted them. On the other hand ive also got a few who r often at 0 and stop by rarely but they have told me they wouldn't be on much for various reasons so I've kept them since I know they'll be on occasionally. If they haven't said anything to u about quitting or not playing often feel free to delete them but I'd advise to not post it on their wall, just delete them.

yummum2
02-02-12, 05:52 AM
I agree with sourlicorice2 totally. I delete if the ngbr is a zero star. And agree if keep them if they have informed me they are on holiday or wont be playing much for a while for some reason. But if they havent and theyve just stopped playing i delete. Although sayig that ive recently deleted a ngbr whos star rating was a 4 and had been since before xmas however u could tell they werent playing as their food was mouldy and the tables had never been cleared of tips and from their wall posts it was obvious from their other ngbrs they hadnt been able to tip for weeks. Im not sure why their star rating hadnt decreased and put it down to a glitch. Again though i wouldnt post u are going to delete them as i saw on one ngbrs wall they did just that and the person didnt take to kindly to it and had written some not so nice stuff on her wall!

My policy is id rather have 20 brill ngbrs than 100 part time ngbrs but thats just me.

sourlicorice2
02-02-12, 07:28 AM
If a player quits and doesn't log on their star rating will stay at whatever it was when they stopped playing but as soon as they start playing again it will fall down to 0

yummum2
02-02-12, 07:50 AM
If a player quits and doesn't log on their star rating will stay at whatever it was when they stopped playing but as soon as they start playing again it will fall down to 0

Arrrr i never knew that! After all this time. Thx!

pinkster73
02-02-12, 08:44 AM
It's not rude at all.

pastrychef17
02-02-12, 09:22 AM
I don't think it's rude to delete inactive neighbors. I actually think it's more "rude" (although I don't feel that strongly about it) for someone to quit playing without deleting their neighbors or posting on their wall that they're no longer playing before they disappear.

nmishii
02-02-12, 10:06 AM
Its not rude to delete the 0 star inactive neighbor.

If someone is a long time good neighbor and has a lot of investment in their place and suddenly becomes inactive, they may not have quit. Some may have lost their phone or had a personal reason. For example, I had a neighbor last week return to a dead farm after being gone a week. She posted she was in the hospital.

So for those neighbors I don't delete them for a long time. Often a month or more.

ariesblu
02-02-12, 10:06 AM
It's not rude to downsize. It's your game, and you can play it however you like.

kooky panda
02-02-12, 11:49 AM
It's not rude to downsize. It's your game, and you can play it however you like.

ditto:D:):):)

jannywanny86
02-02-12, 11:53 AM
im too lazy to delete neighbours

sourlicorice2
02-02-12, 04:31 PM
I don't think it's rude to delete inactive neighbors. I actually think it's more "rude" (although I don't feel that strongly about it) for someone to quit playing without deleting their neighbors or posting on their wall that they're no longer playing before they disappear.

So agree!

(ten characters)

queentina3
02-02-12, 04:35 PM
I don't think it's rude, and not because I periodically go through my neighbors and delete them. I'm sure many of my (old) neighbors deleted me as well, and I just never noticed. There are times my connection is so awful I have just enough time before I get disconnected to pick up stuff from my appliances/catalog and put it on the counters/racks. The past few days my Android connection has been so bad I've had trouble even doing that! I'm sure most of my numbers in the games have dropped to 1-2 and I'm sure neighbors have deleted me for inactivity on their walls, but oh well.

Not much I can do about it until Motorola/Verizon get their act together, or I talk my husband into buying me an iPad 2. :p

lilykittycat2
02-02-12, 07:07 PM
Thanks everyone! :-) I like to tip my neighbours every day I play, and you do get to see a pattern where food doesn't move etc etc. Some great points about just deleting players and not leaving inappropriate messages - but basically playing the game like I want to. And to all my great neighbours, thanks for playing along with me, and helping me out.

:-)