PDA

View Full Version : 🔴The Block Button 🔴

bigbaker0321
01-31-12, 01:32 PM
Hey guys!
This is just a suggestion that I really think would help players and everyone would love! Adding a block button to players would be amazing as there are so many spammers or very rude people in the game 👎. Many people say very mean words and im surprised they never get banned...😡 When a person writes on UR wall, next to the visit icon maybe add a Block icon next to it??? Blocking them would restrict them from visiting UR restaurant and writing on UR wall!!! That would be very helpful to some people, a lot of people have been writing age-inappropriate things on my wall🔞💔... Let me know what u think!

TheRandomDude
01-31-12, 01:39 PM
That's a very smart idea!! Someone swore at me today, I really do hope they add it

littlelizzy
01-31-12, 02:01 PM
I agree there should be a block option as there are many disrespectful people playing in these games. I agree to delete them and report them which is what i do, but it would sure be a great option to have!

dlk777333
01-31-12, 02:18 PM
I agree a block player button is essential. I have witnessed some very disturbing behavior on these games over the last year. Even more over the last few days- very disturbing!! Yes, we can report them and have them banned or blocked, but some people are too smart to be caught and don't relent. Children play these games and see this content and some are happy to participate because they're too young to know better.

This has been a long standing issue. Team Lava, thanks for listening to your customers. Please listen on this- we really need that block player button to help make our games safe!!!

queentina3
01-31-12, 02:35 PM
Yes, this has been requested multiple times. In fact someone asked for this earlier today as well.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23876-block-button-pretty-plz&p=226824#post226824

pops1972
01-31-12, 03:13 PM
Some one in distress should receive compassion. Please HAVE compassion and give us a block button. ;-)

ariesblu
01-31-12, 03:34 PM
Though necessary, this isn't a new request. People have been asking of this for forever, and hopefully it will come soon.

xcellent
01-31-12, 04:04 PM
[snip]

This is the second most requested thing (first is gem confirmation button) in game since i started playing and reading here in forum.... I am wondering why TL don't do the most requested issues to be fixed rather than making one mistake after another in changing things that shouldn't be change.....

DaojinWildfire
01-31-12, 05:35 PM
A Block button has both positive and negative effects. Yes, with a block button, you can easily block an inappropriate player so they don't bother you again, but this won't stop them from causing trouble for other players.

Currently, the only option to deal with such individuals is to send us an email and report them. This allows us to review their actions and take disciplinary action if necessary. By doing so, we can remove this bad egg from the community so they will not be able to cause trouble for you again, as well as everyone else.

3squares
01-31-12, 08:40 PM
A Block button has both positive and negative effects. Yes, with a block button, you can easily block an inappropriate player so they don't bother you again, but this won't stop them from causing trouble for other players.

Currently, the only option to deal with such individuals is to send us an email and report them. This allows us to review their actions and take disciplinary action if necessary. By doing so, we can remove this bad egg from the community so they will not be able to cause trouble for you again, as well as everyone else.

What if they're not threatening you, but you just find them...annoying? not everyone they contact may find them annoying. (Devil's Advocate here)

pinkster73
01-31-12, 08:49 PM
What if they're not threatening you, but you just find them...annoying? not everyone they contact may find them annoying. (Devil's Advocate here)

I could block my hubby when he's annoying ha ha.

No really I would like one too. For your point exactly. They may not be offensive but may be annoying.

ariesblu
01-31-12, 08:55 PM

I do not see why both cannot be done. I believe the positives outweigh the negative. Especially when not everyone can take a screenshot of their wall on their phones/devices.

Also, it may not always be the case of someone being inappropriate - I don't believe it always goes to that high of a velocity - some people are just a nuisance.

yanochka
01-31-12, 08:57 PM
I would like a block button. Seen my share of abusive and/or annoying players...

jimbobbillyray
01-31-12, 10:01 PM
The block button is essential. I think the majority of us have either been stalked, harassed, or otherwise annoyed on here. By blocking the person sure they may move on to someone else but only for one post if that person isn't interested because they can block them as well.

Mindslicer
02-07-12, 02:59 AM
I do not see why both cannot be done. I believe the positives outweigh the negative. Especially when not everyone can take a screenshot of their wall on their phones/devices.

Also, it may not always be the case of someone being inappropriate - I don't believe it always goes to that high of a velocity - some people are just a nuisance.

I totally agree. Some people have phones that can't and also a lot of people just plain don't know how to upload screen shots. And I also agree 3square and pinkster in that some people may not be doing anything offensive but you would still like to block for other reasons such as stalking or just plain annoyance. I think it would be best if there was just a block list that you could add a restaurant or remove. But a key thing would be the ability to add someone by viewing their restaurant as many users may not know the actual account names as all most people would only see the restaurant name of the person that they would like to block.

pops1972
02-08-12, 11:24 AM
The block button is essential. I think the majority of us have either been stalked, harassed, or otherwise annoyed on here. By blocking the person sure they may move on to someone else but only for one post if that person isn't interested because they can block them as well.
well said "natural consequences are the best teachers"

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-08-12, 11:33 AM
Hey guys!
This is just a suggestion that I really think would help players and everyone would love! Adding a block button to players would be amazing as there are so many spammers or very rude people in the game 👎. Many people say very mean words and im surprised they never get banned...😡 When a person writes on UR wall, next to the visit icon maybe add a Block icon next to it??? Blocking them would restrict them from visiting UR restaurant and writing on UR wall!!! That would be very helpful to some people, a lot of people have been writing age-inappropriate things on my
wall🔞💔... Let me know what u think!

Seriously? I haven't seen any of that. I had one comment written on my wall. And I did report it. Then was told by another player the comment was a compliment not an attack. lol. It just said OMG! Your place is sick! They didn't leave a tip so naturally I thought it was an insult. I have since been told sick means awesome. Okay??? Anyway, if I were to receive inappropriate comments I would like to have the option to block them.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-08-12, 11:43 AM
I could block my hubby when he's annoying ha ha.

No really I would like one too. For your point exactly. They may not be offensive but may be annoying.

Have you told them they are bothering you? Just curious. Some things may annoy you that don't bother others. Or may annoy you one day when it wouldn't on another. I have left silly comments on peoples walls and hope I have never offended anyone. But if I did I hope they would tell me before they blocked me. I know in zoo story I told someone their animal tried to bite me. lol

kooky panda
02-08-12, 11:46 AM
I had one member PM me that someone posted on their wall "your bakery is sick".
she was offended. She then found out later that "sick" now a days mean super cool... lol.

viviansmo
02-08-12, 11:47 AM
Seriously? I haven't seen any of that. I had one comment written on my wall. And I did report it. Then was told by another player the comment was a compliment not an attack. lol. It just said OMG! Your place is sick! They didn't leave a tip so naturally I thought it was an insult. I have since been told sick means awesome. Okay??? Anyway, if I were to receive inappropriate comments I would like to have the option to block them.
Rofl! I would've thought the same think a few weeks ago. But, yeah, apparently "sick" is the new "awesome".

On the subject, I agree that a block button would be great for those that are annoying but not abusive. Abusive/threatening posts should always be reported. Fortunately, I have not come across any posters I would either block or report.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-08-12, 11:59 AM
I had one member PM me that someone posted on their wall "your bakery is sick".
she was offended. She then found out later that "sick" now a days mean super cool... lol.

Yeah my nephew said before I get upset in the future to ask him what the post means. lol

pinkster73
02-08-12, 12:00 PM
Have you told them they are bothering you? Just curious. Some things may annoy you that don't bother others. Or may annoy you one day when it wouldn't on another. I have left silly comments on peoples walls and hope I have never offended anyone. But if I did I hope they would tell me before they blocked me. I know in zoo story I told someone their animal tried to bite me. lol

No I never told someone they annoy me because no one has ever annoyed me. My statement is hypothetical.

nannageorgia
02-14-12, 05:35 AM
In view of the nature of the posts on Angry Birds wall!!! I think TL should pay urgent attention to the block button issue. My grandaughter who is 9yrs old plays BS and the thought that she could come across such inappropiate posts like these absolutely appalls me!! PLEASE, please TL give us a block button and restore the enjoyment to this lovely game

nannageorgia
02-14-12, 06:11 AM
I would like to add that my grandaughter is not allowed to play BS unsupervised!!

dlk777333
02-14-12, 06:42 PM
I understand that TL wants and encourages us to report inappropriate posts so they can "rid" the community of these people. However, your methods do not always work, especially lately, and you do not always respond quick enough. It seems to have become a "trend" to open fake accounts and stalk and bully innocent people in BS of late. The posts on my friend's wall the last 2 days are the last straw! TL only takes action on posts THEY feel are inappropriate, allowing innocent people to be bullied and afraid for sometimes weeks before acting. DEATH AND TORTURE THREATS are not something we want to log on to our games and look at! These people are banned and just open another account and continue! Then the whole tedious process starts again. Your methods alone do NOT work anymore. I see this behavior on all 3 TL games I play daily, but it's the worst right now in BS. We need control put in our own hands so we can enjoy our games without
fear.

ariesblu
02-14-12, 06:59 PM
In view of the nature of the posts on Angry Birds wall!!! I think TL should pay urgent attention to the block button issue. My grandaughter who is 9yrs old plays BS and the thought that she could come across such inappropiate posts like these absolutely appalls me!! PLEASE, please TL give us a block button and restore the enjoyment to this lovely game
I've agreed with the block button from the start, but technically tl games are for people 13 and older.

pinkster73
02-14-12, 07:43 PM
I've agreed with the block button from the start, but technically tl games are for people 13 and older.

Pssst... It's 14 and over

ariesblu
02-14-12, 07:44 PM
Pssst... It's 14 and over
Oh weird. Even thirteen year old's are in high school.

pinkster73
02-14-12, 07:55 PM
Oh weird. Even thirteen year old's are in high school.

Not in Canada. 15 is starting high school.

queentina3
02-14-12, 09:32 PM
Not in Canada. 15 is starting high school.

Everywhere is different. The town next to mine has 8th graders in HS but my town starts at 9th grade. However, my town has the 7th-12th graders riding the same bus as the schools start 15 minutes apart and are only 1 mile away from each other, now isn't that a joy. NOT! :( 12 year olds on the same bus as 17-18 year olds that don't have a car to drive to school is just a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

yo3ana
02-14-12, 09:44 PM
Can deal with annoying or insulting ppl by ignoring them and never going to there wall to post anything, if they actually visited through community list without wall tracking then the chances to visit you again is just super rare.. Anyway I received insulting messages and contacted support with screenshots and that player got banned other than that I got lazy reporting silly incidents as delete/never see their faces again is an easier option, couldn't care any less bout what they said anyway.

cat2861
02-15-12, 11:45 AM
I agree with the majority about adding a block button...For example....There is a player on restaurant story who is going to people's restaurants, not tipping but posting on their wall "just ok I suppose" which is what she did to me too. So I posted on her wall "what do you mean" and she replies, " I mean that your bakery is rubbish...that's what I mean...got it". Now what is sad is that this player is at level 10 and it seems like she is posting the same remarks on higher level players. I saw the same post on a level 70 player's wall and I'm at Level 57. I don't know if this is a jealously thing but regardless no one needs her rude comments. I play for pure relaxation and because I enjoy playing. No one should have to deal with other people's rude and nasty comments. It's just a game for goodness sakes.

TheRandomDude
02-15-12, 08:05 PM
I have people spamming on my wall everyday the same rude comment... IT'S THE SAME PERSON!

ariesblu
02-15-12, 08:19 PM
I have people spamming on my wall everyday the same rude comment... IT'S THE SAME PERSON!
That sucks. :(

greygull
02-15-12, 11:00 PM

You can take screenshots and send them into support@teamlava.com Give them your ID, in game name, the name of the person spamming you, and the screenshots. If you know their ID as well, you can submit that also.

julia3032
02-16-12, 12:09 AM
You can take screenshots and send them into support@teamlava.com Give them your ID, in game name, the name of the person spamming you, and the screenshots. If you know their ID as well, you can submit that also.

GG, as has been noted, not everyone can take a screen shot. It is unfortunate that some ppl feel the need to insult others, but it's not the end of the world either. A block button would be great, but I would rather see other problems taken care of first. It may be upsetting, but to describe it as threatening, stalking,ppl living in fear, etc, is going a bit overboard. There is no way for anyone to know who you really are or where you live. And yes, I have experienced it myself.

bobbyrae
03-02-12, 12:02 PM
I suspect the whole point of having a block button is that each player could determine who he wants to block from coming into his bakery/restaurant etc or even who he wants to block from posting on his wall and for whatever reason he wants to ban them.

pops1972
03-02-12, 12:17 PM
I had my son take pictures of my tablet with his phone. Then he emailed them to me. Then I uploaded them on my photobucket account and pasted the img to my email. It was handled quickly. I was afraid to delete the neighbor and worried because the neighbor was harassing my other neighbor. I was afraid this person would go after my other neighbors. It makes you wary of accepting new neighbors.

bobbyrae
03-02-12, 12:27 PM
I have three pending neighbour requests right now that I'm afraid to accept because of "stranger danger" to steal another poster's phrase. :(

TheRandomDude
03-02-12, 01:07 PM
I have three pending neighbour requests right now that I'm afraid to accept because of "stranger danger" to steal another poster's phrase. :(

Now some really annoying stuff is happening to me... I dont think this is worth emailing and I'm sure he/she won't get back to this.. But now some person keeps copying my resto designs! It's annoying and i try to change my design, he copys me and then accuses me of copying him then I'm hated by a bunch of ppl -_-... I wish I could block him :p

TheRandomDude
03-02-12, 01:07 PM
Now some really annoying stuff is happening to me... I dont think this is worth emailing and I'm sure he/she won't get BANNED FOR this.. But now some person keeps copying my resto designs! It's annoying and i try to change my design, he copys me and then accuses me of copying him then I'm hated by a bunch of ppl -_-... I wish I could block him :p

just fixed a typo..

pops1972
03-02-12, 01:22 PM
Like realfarmer says "people like that don't last very long"

patatospud7
07-23-12, 03:01 PM
Well, if there was a block button, my trolling 10-year olds would be A LOT harder!