PDA

View Full Version : block button pretty plz

pops1972
01-31-12, 12:47 AM
I saw some kids had posted vulgar abusive messages on a sweet lady's wall. The sweet lady could not do anything to defend herself. Her daughter visits and sees the messages and what would you do if you were that daughter. Your blood would boil. She defended her mother. It was a mess. What could i do. Tattle? I dont think so. Then the daughter would get banned and that would be a crying shame. I could not even comfort the sweet lady because then the little devil would have a link to my neighbors. The sweet lady should have been able to handle this on her own. With dignity. BLOCK. DELETE. it broke my heart. And i cant celebrate todays success. My heart is broken. Please add a block button for sweet old ladies.

pops1972
01-31-12, 01:06 AM
I should have added that this sweet lady was being harassed because she was organizing an event that cannot be named.

barleycoon
01-31-12, 01:26 AM
Please if you find yourself in this terrible situation, please go to TL support for assistance. These types of players are a risk to us all. Take screenshots of the messages and email to support@teamlava.com including your Storm8⃣ID and that of the abusive player if known. If the storm8⃣ID is not known please leave a message on your wall for support.
Please don't respond back you will be drawn into flaming, it's just not worth it. They will twist everything you say and use it against you to cause immense distress. They will reuse your words and common phrases that are used by yourself.
Ignore and don't react is always the best policy, however it's an extremely stressful situation to be in and times it's natural to want to defend yourself. When you do defend yourself, you may be attacked by multiple players trying to silence you.
I hope if more players report this destructive behaviour it will make a real impact and make the community a much kinder place to be in. I feel so sorry for any players in this situation, please have hope and never give in. Even when it appears the odds are stacked against you. Believe in yourself and things will change.

pops1972
01-31-12, 01:45 AM
I respect your opinion. Really. You've been kind and sweet. But that wasn't the answer I was looking for. I can not condone snitching. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. It will never be an option for me or many others. That's why there needs to be a block button. So we can be proactive in protecting our OWN selves. and protect our loved ones from seeing there mothers get tormented. My own sons would have gone nuts.

nmishii
01-31-12, 01:49 AM
People have asked for a block button for a long time. So far, no word on TL on adding one.

The sweet lady organized a successful event that shall not be named. The same might work for a block button.

pops1972
01-31-12, 01:55 AM
Block button was the main reason for the event. The petitions. All of it! I pray it i will be done. How hard is it to add a block button?

barleycoon
01-31-12, 02:02 AM
I respect your opinion. Really. You've been kind and sweet. But that wasn't the answer I was looking for. I can not condone snitching. And I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way. It will never be an option for me or many others. That's why there needs to be a block button. So we can be proactive in protecting our OWN selves. and protect our loved ones from seeing there mothers get tormented. My own sons would have gone nuts.

I too hate gossip and bad mouthing behind people's back's, I do not like this sort of behaviour at all. It's a form of high end harassment it usually involves others in harassment type behaviour. I am appalled when anyone does this, it's a really nasty personality trait. I hope that TL could have a blocking option that could be applied in the right circumstances.
They do torment and really impact on others lives, it's so wrong but it should I feel be reported so action can be taken if appropriate. I'm sorry you've experienced seeing these abusive messages too, it's very distressing for other's too.
( I'm not a mod/TL staff it's my view)

I'm not a moderator or TL staff, this is what I strongly believe in.

pops1972
01-31-12, 02:14 AM
That would be interfering. You gotta let people stand on their own two feet. But it's hard.

pinkster73
01-31-12, 08:08 AM
Pops, I totally understand. My kids are also my neighbors and I wouldn't want them seeing that. A block button is needed.

3squares
01-31-12, 08:31 AM
I saw some kids had posted vulgar abusive messages on a sweet lady's wall. The sweet lady could not do anything to defend herself. Her daughter visits and sees the messages and what would you do if you were that daughter. Your blood would boil. She defended her mother. It was a mess. What could i do. Tattle? I dont think so. Then the daughter would get banned and that would be a crying shame. I could not even comfort the sweet lady because then the little devil would have a link to my neighbors. The sweet lady should have been able to handle this on her own. With dignity. BLOCK. DELETE. it broke my heart. And i cant celebrate todays success. My heart is broken. Please add a block button for sweet old ladies.

While I agree that a "block user" feature is a good idea, it's really up to the "sweet lady" to deal with this problem, as it was on HER wall. She could hardly ask TL to help in this case, given the circumstances, but all she had to do was delete the offending posts to solve the problem.